Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

While this approach would be effective at getting democrats in office, it would be equally destructive on society.

They don’t have to propagate lies and falsehoods.  They need to tap into winning hearts and minds with sincere emotional rhetoric, the Obama demagoguery model if you will.

Fighting with one hand tied behind your back is a recipe for defeat.  I'm just calling it like I see it.  The ante has been raised, significantly.  The lies and propaganda are much more emotionally inflammatory than what Obama was selling.  He was selling wine.  The GOP is now selling Fireball.  If you wanna win, you gotta provide something more stout than 66 proof.  It's an arms race of intoxicating deception -- the only way to win is to get to point Everclear.  That also happens to be when we all lose.  Because -- punch line -- there is no winning anymore.  Only different ways of losing.

The lies coming from the WH are bad enough, but lies and corruption by subordinates is also becoming normalized. Useful toadies like Sessions and Nielsen are more than willing to do Cheeto's bidding to pad their resumés and get better status with DOTUS.

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, retread said:

Man this is some all-time evil shit emanating from the orange sociopath. Beating Ds over the head with the lives of young children being held in prison camps.

I wish the Dems had a great leader who could succinctly and articulately speak against Trump and have the minimum balls it would require to introduce a resolution that the United States does not support separating small children from their mothers nor does it support referring to these mothers as dangerous criminals who pose an existential threat to the proud and strong United States of America.

Further let it be resolved that the Congress of the United States recognizes and profoundly values the long established good relations with the nations of Europe, Asia, Africa as well as the nation that is Australia, whom have been staunch allies and friends through good and hard times. Congress is determined that those relations be ongoing.

Lastly, let it be resolved that the United States of America opposes tyranny anywhere in the world. Peaceful relations with such nations should not be understood to be support for tyranny.  Congress deplores the attempt to spread tyranny through any means as best demonstrated by Vladimir Putin of Russia.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I wish the Dems had a great leader who could succinctly and articulately speak against Trump and have the minimum balls it would require to introduce a resolution that the United States does not support separating small children from their mothers nor does it support referring to these mothers as dangerous criminals who pose an existential threat to the proud and strong United States of America.

Further let it be resolved that the Congress of the United States recognizes and profoundly values the long established good relations with the nations of Europe, Asia, Africa as well as the nation that is Australia, whom have been staunch allies and friends through good and hard times. Congress is determined that those relations be ongoing.

Lastly, let it be resolved that the United States of America opposes tyranny anywhere in the world. Peaceful relations with such nations should not be understood to be support for tyranny.  Congress deplores the attempt to spread tyranny through any means as best demonstrated by Vladimir Putin of Russia.

You want succinct? 

Let it be resolved that the President is an idiot and does not deserve to hold the office. 

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fighting with one hand tied behind your back is a recipe for defeat.  I'm just calling it like I see it.  The ante has been raised, significantly.  The lies and propaganda are much more emotionally inflammatory than what Obama was selling.  He was selling wine.  The GOP is now selling Fireball.  If you wanna win, you gotta provide something more stout than 66 proof.  It's an arms race of intoxicating deception -- the only way to win is to get to point Everclear.  That also happens to be when we all lose.  Because -- punch line -- there is no winning anymore.  Only different ways of losing.

Could also go with the Bullworth approach which is a truck ton of brutal and unpleasant truths about the current situation in America.

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, Hillary tried that.  Just go back and read some of her campaign speeches on Trump.  She called out everything.

The facts don’t matter anymore.   

Emotional appeal is the only thing that wins people over.

Sorry, if everyone ignores a messenger they hate.  It doesn't mean facts do not matter.  It just means that the messenger sucks.

On 6/16/2018 at 8:56 PM, Hank Kingsley said:

I LOVE golf. If I had time, I would play 2-3 times a week. That said, I haven't picked up a golf club in about 9 months due to having a 1 year old. 

Of all the arguments regarding Trump vs. Obama, I wish the golf thing would go away. Yeah, Trump is a fucking horror and it's sickening how much he plays at his courses. But Obama played a FUCK TON of golf for a man in his position as well. 

I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't a main talking point of his campaign and Twitter rage for years.  It's just one of an endless number of hypocrisies that his supporters are more than happy to overlook.

Kind of like how he blows up an Iran deal that has actual parameters and concessions from the Iranians like not enriching uranium past a certain threshold or letting inspectors in. He ends it for being a bad deal.  But he'll pat himself on the back and claim he solved the NK nuclear crisis just from a vague promise from Kim with nothing else.

It's the blatant hypocrisy that pisses me off, not that somebody wants time off from a job to play golf.  The fact that he's likely enriching himself while doing it through my tax dollars is also maddening.  Obama never did anything like that.

• Like 8

re: the discussion about the immigrant families separation perhaps being the issue that finally pushes some over the edge...

FWIW my northeast Texas cousin who is diehard Team R and regularly posted stuff about Obama banning the White House Christmas tree and shutting down Texas oil fields and whatever other nonsense (she's in Gohmert's district)... this morning she shared one of the journalist videos from one of these detention camps and she is appalled...

"If a parent were to treat their child like this they would be arrested Please don’t bash me about caring for these children... illegal or not, they deserve better!" 

she'll probably still vote straight R, but it's obviously getting to her, and she felt she had to pre-emptively defend against other Team R folks,  which i found interesting. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, deech said:

Sorry, if everyone ignores a messenger they hate.  It doesn't mean facts do not matter.  It just means that the messenger sucks.

But don’t you see, the messenger will always suck.  They will always be preemptively character assassinated.

Elizabeth Warren - Pocohantas 

Nancy Pelosi - elitist left coast bitch

Bernie Sanders - communist 

Kamala Harris - she’s a cop

Joe Biden - he’s too old and touchy with women

Barack Obama - Kenyan Muslim 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mchookem said:

re: the discussion about the immigrant families separation perhaps being the issue that finally pushes some over the edge...

FWIW my northeast Texas cousin who is diehard Team R and regularly posted stuff about Obama banning the White House Christmas tree and shutting down Texas oil fields and whatever other nonsense (she's in Gohmert's district)... this morning she shared one of the journalist videos from one of these detention camps and she is appalled...

"If a parent were to treat their child like this they would be arrested Please don’t bash me about caring for these children... illegal or not, they deserve better!" 

she'll probably still vote straight R, but it's obviously getting to her, and she felt she had to pre-emptively defend against other Team R folks,  which i found interesting. 

Find a way to gently suggest that she can do something about this by voting straight Democrat in 2018.  Foster a sense of common values and purpose.  Explain that Trumpists are fake Republicans.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

But don’t you see, the messenger will always suck.  They will always be preemptively character assassinated.

Bingo. If you fight lies and propaganda with truth, honesty, and facts, you will get completely and totally pantsed.  Fighting fair when the other guy is swinging a nail-studded 2X4 at you is flat-out stupid.

4 minutes ago, mchookem said:

Gently reminder that Beto marched against this on Father's Day.

Ted Cruz did not.

"boarder"

Holy shit.  That's unbelievable. 

Add it to the list, which is pretty long, and includes words like:  Hear by, Honered, rediculous, payed

I'll bet most folks on this thread (not the Russians) were more literate in the 6th grade.

The best words.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

"boarder"

Add it to the list, which is pretty long, and includes words like:  Hear by, Honered, rediculous, payed

I'll bet most folks on this thread (not the Russians) were more literate in the 6th grade.

The best words.  

Councel.

Never forget.

Bingo. If you fight lies and propaganda with truth, honesty, and facts, you will get completely and totally pantsed.  Fighting fair when the other guy is swinging a nail-studded 2X4 at you is flat-out stupid.

You are assuming the traditional lines of attack - Democratic politicians. It’s a new era. If you aren’t wallpapering your Congressman’s Facebook page with sourced stats and articles on this shit, you’re doing it wrong. Don’t wait for Nancy Pelosi to say something. Refute the every bullshit stat and falsity. The cloak room is better training for this shit than what their interns receive.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

"boarder"

The best words.  

It's almost as if the red line under his misspelled words actually mean, the best words.  The fucker doesn't have the patience to check his very public thoughts.  I know he doesn't care about norms of any kind, but the impulsiveness is fucking scary.  

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Understood.  As a neutral I think those messengers all mostly suck as well though.  The only quasi-new voice in that list is Harris.  The rest are the same stale Democrats that have been run out repeatedly.  IMHO, the American public want a new voice from the left.  Sure the right will quickly character assassinate that person regardless, but the issue is whether that person can resonate with the American public before that happens in a policy discussion.

Just now, deech said:

Understood.  As a neutral I think those messengers all mostly suck as well though.  The only quasi-new voice in that list is Harris.  The rest are the same stale Democrats that have been run out repeatedly.  IMHO, the American public want a new voice from the left.  Sure the right will quickly character assassinate that person regardless, but the issue is whether that person can resonate with the American public before that happens in a policy discussion.

The issue is to lie.  Make up who you are.  Lie about your opponent.  Saturate all information with outlandish lies about your opponent, at a rate too fast to counter.  Drown the truth in a flood of lies, and be relentless about it. The more outlandish and negative, the better.

It will win.  Believe me.

giphy.gif

Just now, Brisketexan said:

The issue is to lie.  Make up who you are.  Lie about your opponent.  Saturate all information with outlandish lies about your opponent, at a rate too fast to counter.  Drown the truth in a flood of lies, and be relentless about it. The more outlandish and negative, the better.

It will win.  Believe me.

giphy.gif

I guess I am just not as cynical and jaded as yo are.....not that I don't completely understand the sentiment.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I agree in one sense: that's the way to sway a Trumpkin, and it's still unlikely to succeed, and will require too much effort, regardless.

But not all adults of voting age are the same.  What needs to be done is (a) get people to the polls and (b) convince those who were heretofore apathetic non-voters who to vote for.  Your "fight fire with fire" method is not necessarily a requirement to engage those people.  I know you WANT that to be true but in reality it probably isn't.  

18 minutes ago, Dertyberd said:

It's almost as if the red line under his misspelled words actually mean, the best words.  The fucker doesn't have the patience to check his very public thoughts.  I know he doesn't care about norms of any kind, but the impulsiveness is fucking scary.  

Spelling and grammar are for the libtard coastal elites dude. 

14 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Spelling and grammar are for the libtard coastal elites dude. 

I know, and I'm just a backwoods hick from Oklahoma.  He goes on and on about being a genius from Wharton and they love him, yet don't see the elitist slapping them in the face with his Cheeto.  If he applied for a position with most of these "job creators" he'd be shown the door for being a loudmouthed Yankee, or not make it through the written resume portion for too many errors.  The dissonance that the right amount hate, lack of fucks for anything other than lib/brown/Euro tears, and an R by your name brings these days is incredible.  

Edited by Dertyberd
Not Trump

7 minutes ago, Dertyberd said:

I know, and I'm just a backwoods hick from Oklahoma.  He goes on and on about being a genius from Wharton and they love him, yet don't see the elitist slapping them in the face with his Cheeto.  If he applied for a position with most of these "job creators" he'd be shown the door for being a loudmouthed Yankee, or not make it through the written resume portion for too many errors.  The dissonance that the right amount hate, lack of fucks for anything other than lib/brown/Euro tears, and a R by your name brings these days is incredible.  

The largest demo in Trump's base is white men with no college education. They embrace his ignorance as "talking like us". 

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

Of course she will still vote R.  This is the Democrats’ fault after all.

Today's sign of the coming apolocalypse:

https://www.axios.com/kim-jong-un-nancy-pelosi-favorable-poll-e675f74a-eebb-4fa3-a661-10dd008a123b.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

19% of Republicans view Kim Jong-un favorably, while just 17% have a favorable view of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, according to a new poll from Ipsos and The Daily Beast.

Why it matters: While it's just one poll, it stands as an example of the current hyper-partisan state of American politics — where an extended career and continued partisan attacks can severely damage a major figure's public perception. In addition, it highlights the effect that President Trump's non-traditional diplomacy can have on public opinion.

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Active measures works.

Just look at the favorable numbers of Putin among Republicans.

• Like 1

So reality TV star Donald J Trump was elected President of the United States and has just ordered the Department of Defense to begin constructing a new branch of the military called the Space Force. This idea will be taken seriously because Donald Fucking Trump is actually the President of the United States, the leader of the free world.

when-i-never-see-a-good-version-of-this-

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

President Anders Breivik.  Darkest timeline.

He's right. We should start by deporting anyone whose ancestors came here under false pretenses and got kicked out of their home country for draft dodging. Also, immigrants with no marketable skills should also be sent back to their country of origin.  And since we have to punish the kids, poor Barron will get put into the foster care system.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, F250 said:

So reality TV star Donald J Trump was elected President of the United States and has just ordered the Department of Defense to begin constructing a new branch of the military called the Space Force. This idea will be taken seriously because Donald Fucking Trump is actually the President of the United States, the leader of the free world.

when-i-never-see-a-good-version-of-this-

9F44C29A-6B9F-44ED-94D6-73742D280787_zps