Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Folks need to remember that the midterms are a little less than 5 months. Sometime in the next two weeks, there will be some compromise jammed down the Dems throat, Trump will declare victory, and the average voter will be somewhat nonplussed by the whole ordeal, but it will be forgotten, replaced in the frontal lobe by the next WTF cruelty or stupidity which rolls in 3 months from now.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This. Donald Trump is destroying the Republican Party. He's the best thing to happen to Democrats in a long time. 

I kept saying the same thing during the primaries and the general election. So far that has not been proven to be true. I still have hope that you are correct, but everyday that hope fades a little. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This. Donald Trump is destroying the Republican Party. He's the best thing to happen to Democrats in a long time. 

He got his revenge against Obama.  Wonder if any Republicans pissed him off so he wants to wreck the GOP  maybe the Bushes?

22 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Folks need to remember that the midterms are a little less than 5 months. Sometime in the next two weeks, there will be some compromise jammed down the Dems throat, Trump will declare victory, and the average voter will be somewhat nonplussed by the whole ordeal, but it will be forgotten, replaced in the frontal lobe by the next WTF cruelty or stupidity which rolls in 3 months from now.

Trump is unifying the Democrats and giving them a message to coalesce around, something the DNC leadership has been unable to do, particularly in the down-ballot races. 

He’s found something to help them flip more than a few seats. 

And he’s not going to let up. As the Mueller stuff carries on, as the Trump family stuff in NYC plays out, he’s going to double down and use illegals as a distraction. He’s hit the jackpot - something to rally his base and get the media spotlight off of Mueller. 

27 minutes ago, Skyline said:

And everything since the election has proven your point about Trump to be correct. But the hardcore Trump supporters can't handle that, so they dig deeper in their Hillary obsession. Come 2020, they will still be talking about her and will transfer some of their criticisms over to whomever the next Dem nominee is. We can already see though that the enthusiasm gap is swinging towards the Dems having the lead and it will only get wider. 

No doubt they'll create some bullshit conspiracy theories around Booker, Harris, Warren, or whoever the Dem nominee is.  It will get just as ridiculous as the "but Hillary" is.

31 minutes ago, Tuco said:

3 months between WTF cruelties and stupidities would be a record.  Trump is committing a stupidity on a near daily basis, and a cruelty at least once a month.   The Trump-Miller brain trust is already drawing up its next move.  It started with Muslims, and then blacks and latinos each took a turn.  The next round  of cruelty is going to be Muslims again, or maybe gays will take a turn in the ring.  And of course, the ongoing stupidity of trade and tweet wars with our allies will continue unabated.

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

“Infest.” Racist shitbag. 

He’s on to us.

I was at Democrat meeting last night (we call it the little politburo). Agenda item number three was “How to GOTV with MS-13 members in November and beyond”.

He’s uncanny. 

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

Watching Trump spew his bullshit right now to a small business association, and the audience is laughing and cheering him.   This is why he can do the things he does — his 90% support among Republicans.  If he was getting poor receptions at these things, he'd have to change. 

It's because the people think and believe this stuff to be true. If Trump is a Nazi as Ghost states (and he might be, I need to read up on what a Nazi is as I'm embarrassed to admit I thought it was defined with hating Jews specifically), then it stands to reason that we are a nation of Nazi's. Chew on that one. It doesn't taste good but I think it's closer to the truth than you think.

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

I was thinking exactly this on my way back from lunch.  The 24 hour news cycle combined with these antics are such a beating that all this bullshit blends together and is forgotten.

45 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

3 months between WTF cruelties and stupidities would be a record.  Trump is committing a stupidity on a near daily basis, and a cruelty at least once a month.   The Trump-Miller brain trust is already drawing up its next move.  It started with Muslims, and then blacks and latinos each took a turn.  The next round  of cruelty is going to be Muslims again, or maybe gays will take a turn in the ring.  And of course, the ongoing stupidity of trade and tweet wars with our allies will continue unabated.

And yet the only things that have really resonated are children, either at the border or at the end of a barrel.

The public at large does not give a shit about Muslims or Hispanics or African-Americans or Gays.  They just don't.  It's not enough to move people off their already-established positions.

It is imperative that young.  people.  vote.  That's it.  Get out the vote.  Nothing else will work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It is imperative that young.  people.  vote.  That's it.  Get out the vote.  Nothing else will work.

Lol we are screwed then. The vast majority of young people prefer to spend life on snapchat and listening to mumble rap. It's hard to say really I could be way wrong, but my impression is that the kids who largely live off their parents into their mid-late 20's probably aren't too inspired to be radical and outnumber 10:1 the young leaders like David Hogg

The real meltdown is going to come Jan 2019. Once the GOP has been sidelined politically, he will definitively slice it's throat.  I don't know what form it is going to take or what its gonna look like, but he will be the death of the modern GOP. 

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The real meltdown is going to come Jan 2019. Once the GOP has been sidelined politically, he will definitively slice it's throat.  I don't know what form it is going to take or what its gonna look like, but he will be the death of the modern GOP. 

It is a death that is overdue.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Lol we are screwed then. The vast majority of young people prefer to spend life on snapchat and listening to mumble rap. It's hard to say really I could be way wrong, but my impression is that the kids who largely live off their parents into their mid-late 20's probably aren't too inspired to be radical and outnumber 10:1 the young leaders like David Hogg

Hooray for wild generalizations!

Every day is another step of shameless authoritarian playbook bullshit.

Anastasis shits on us for calling it out, piece by piece.  But that's what we HAVE to do.  Anastasis wants us to wait for the "one great shocking occasion."  That's folly.  How do we know?   Because we've seen this show before.

"You see," my colleague went on, "one doesn’t see exactly where or how to move. Believe me, this is true. Each act, each occasion, is worse than the last, but only a little worse. You wait for the next and the next. You wait for one great shocking occasion, thinking that others, when such a shock comes, will join with you in resisting somehow. You don’t want to act, or even talk, alone; you don’t want to ‘go out of your way to make trouble.’ Why not?—Well, you are not in the habit of doing it. And it is not just fear, fear of standing alone, that restrains you; it is also genuine uncertainty.

"Uncertainty is a very important factor, and, instead of decreasing as time goes on, it grows. Outside, in the streets, in the general community, ‘everyone’ is happy. One hears no protest, and certainly sees none. You know, in France or Italy there would be slogans against the government painted on walls and fences; in Germany, outside the great cities, perhaps, there is not even this. In the university community, in your own community, you speak privately to your colleagues, some of whom certainly feel as you do; but what do they say? They say, ‘It’s not so bad’ or ‘You’re seeing things’ or ‘You’re an alarmist.’

"And you are an alarmist. You are saying that this must lead to this, and you can’t prove it. These are the beginnings, yes; but how do you know for sure when you don’t know the end, and how do you know, or even surmise, the end? On the one hand, your enemies, the law, the regime, the Party, intimidate you. On the other, your colleagues pooh-pooh you as pessimistic or even neurotic. You are left with your close friends, who are, naturally, people who have always thought as you have.

"But your friends are fewer now. Some have drifted off somewhere or submerged themselves in their work. You no longer see as many as you did at meetings or gatherings. Informal groups become smaller; attendance drops off in little organizations, and the organizations themselves wither. Now, in small gatherings of your oldest friends, you feel that you are talking to yourselves, that you are isolated from the reality of things. This weakens your confidence still further and serves as a further deterrent to—to what? It is clearer all the time that, if you are going to do anything, you must make an occasion to do it, and then you are obviously a troublemaker. So you wait, and you wait.

"But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That’s the difficulty. If the last and worst act of the whole regime had come immediately after the first and smallest, thousands, yes, millions would have been sufficiently shocked—if, let us say, the gassing of the Jews in ’43 had come immediately after the ‘German Firm’ stickers on the windows of non-Jewish shops in ’33. But of course this isn’t the way it happens. In between come all the hundreds of little steps, some of them imperceptible, each of them preparing you not to be shocked by the next. Step C is not so much worse than Step B, and, if you did not make a stand at Step B, why should you at Step C? And so on to Step D.

"And one day, too late, your principles, if you were ever sensible of them, all rush in upon you. The burden of self-deception has grown too heavy, and some minor incident, in my case my little boy, hardly more than a baby, saying ‘Jewish swine,’ collapses it all at once, and you see that everything, everything, has changed and changed completely under your nose. The world you live in—your nation, your people—is not the world you were born in at all. The forms are all there, all untouched, all reassuring, the houses, the shops, the jobs, the mealtimes, the visits, the concerts, the cinema, the holidays. But the spirit, which you never noticed because you made the lifelong mistake of identifying it with the forms, is changed. Now you live in a world of hate and fear, and the people who hate and fear do not even know it themselves; when everyone is transformed, no one is transformed. Now you live in a system which rules without responsibility even to God. The system itself could not have intended this in the beginning, but in order to sustain itself it was compelled to go all the way.

-Milton Mayer (They Thought They Were Free, 1955)

Fight.

Every.  Single.  Step.  FIGHT.

I won't go fucking quietly to where this regime is taking us.  And if you have any fucking principles and fortitude, you won't either.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Doesn't matter.  We don't need them all to vote.  By my crude calculation if 17% more 18-29 YO voters had turned out in MI, WI and PA then Hillary would have won.

18 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Can they tackle in space?

They do it with knives to make it as painful as possible.  They delight in space pain.  They could use space guns or space poison, but they prefer knives because they're so sadistic and primitive.  They infest space with their space gangs and space beans and destroy space jobs for good space people with good space families.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If I was George Soros, and I wanted to really damage the GOP over the long run, Donald J. Trump is the guy I’d secretly help elect. 

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I’m glad you guys see this as a gain for democrats but overall what Trump is doing is extremely harmful to society.  It’s challenging to see this because the democrats benefit from Trump’s incompetence but we’re dealing with a guy that has never been held accountable for anything.

Even if it’s a blue wave in November, Trump is still getting away with fortifying his base right now.  His hardcore base is cheering his cruelty.  Those people are not going away even if Trump is removed.  The consequences of what Trump is currently doing will ring on for years after he’s gone.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m glad you guys see this as a gain for democrats but overall what Trump is doing is extremely harmful to society.  It’s challenging to see this because the democrats benefit from Trump’s incompetence but we’re dealing with a guy that has never been held accountable for anything.

Even if it’s a blue wave in November, Trump is still getting away with fortifying his base right now.  His hardcore base is cheering his cruelty.  Those people are not going away even if Trump is removed.  The consequences of what Trump is currently doing will ring on for years after he’s gone.

This.

Thus, my Eeyore-ism.

There is no winning here.  Only different flavors of losing.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

He’s liable to buddy up with the Dems to be able to claim he accomplished something. 

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

That was generation x. Not only did we not give a shit, it wouldn’t have mattered anyway. It’s always been the baby boomers show. It’s why SNL fired Chris Farley. 

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s liable to buddy up with the Dems to be able to claim he accomplished something. 

He doesn't want to accomplish anything.  He wants to be able to rail against people--dems, pubs, whoever---and blame them for nothing getting done.  He wants to fire up his racist base with talk of MS-13, Mexicans, and Muslims.  He doesn't want issues like immigration or terrorism solved.  He wants them to get worse--to create more red meat for his base.

3 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

He doesn't want to accomplish anything.  He wants to be able to rail against people--dems, pubs, whoever---and blame them for nothing getting done.  He wants to fire up his racist base with talk of MS-13, Mexicans, and Muslims.  He doesn't want issues like immigration or terrorism solved.  He wants them to get worse--to create more red meat for his base.

The division is quite simple.  He destroys, he does not create.  He is a parasite, feeding off of failure and misery.  And right now, he's one bloated tick.

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

DD, I agree with mostly everything you post, but nothing good is happening with the Democrats right now.  Shit, Hillary basically stopped campaigning and thought the "let Trump fuck this up, there is no WAY the American people will vote for him" strategy would succeed.  We saw how well that worked out. 

There is no unity in the Democratic party, their messages are muddled, their favorites to run for President right now are all pretty uninspiring.  Watching Trump destroy everything is not a winning strategy.  Look at what "anyone but Hillary" got us.  "Anyone but Trump" is not the answer moving forward. A leader needs to emerge.

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Theo Huxtable said:

You cannot argue that Trump is not a traitor. Now, the question is whether or not you can consider him an anti-American terrorist. I'd put him on par with ISIS. No exaggeration. 

Trump himself admitted on Twitter that he was a traitor.  But he meant to spell trader.