Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

30 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

And those 35% who get riled up over every little conspiracy and are humping Trumps leg as the great leader? Those are the ones who also cling to their guns as quickly as someone sneezes around them. That is the danger. Stroke the flames of paranoia and fear in that group, and anything bad that happens to their leader is a call to arms. We have seen it before where, so called militias, go to polling sites to "protect" the election while they have an AR on their back. This will only get worse. I'm not at the Brisket level yet, but I do see some really shitty timelines that are possible and becoming more likely the deeper we go. 

The most amazing thing about the people that buy into every little conspiracy theory is they are missing out on one of the greatest real conspiracies of all time, and it’s right in front of everyone out in the open.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If that were true, we wouldn't be in this clusterfuck now.

We're in this clusterfuck now because of people who should know better handing the keys to Trump supporters.  We don't need to win over Trump's immovable block of deplorables that make up his 35% popularity floor.   Just a chunk of the traditional Republicans who thought the presidency would change Trump, or that he didn't really mean what he was saying during the campaign, or who bought the false equivalency with Hillary but don't have the same venom against other Dems. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

I gotta imagine ms-13 loves all this free publicity they're getting. Must really help with recruiting. 

Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if MS-13 members were setting up recruiting stations outside of the concentration camps tent villages summer camps.

12 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

We're in this clusterfuck now because of people who should know better handing the keys to Trump supporters. 

I don’t think anyone handed the keys to Trump supporters.  I think Americans elected really bad leaders and then elected the worst person ever president, who, ironically campaigned on getting rid of all those other bad leaders but instead ended up leading them.

18 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

We're in this clusterfuck now because of people who should know better handing the keys to Trump supporters.  We don't need to win over Trump's immovable block of deplorables that make up his 35% popularity floor.   Just a chunk of the traditional Republicans who thought the presidency would change Trump, or that he didn't really mean what he was saying during the campaign, or who bought the false equivalency with Hillary but don't have the same venom against other Dems. 

Are there any Republicans that have a since of decency and can stand up for what’s right and wrong? Where are they? I watched Fox News this morning and they are still hanging on to Hillary’s emails. The country is screwed if they don’t stop this insanity.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Stephen Edward Schmidt is an American communications and public affairs strategist

Part of the problem.  His defection is going to mean exactly jack shit in the big picture.

Yup.  Some elected officials need to defect.  The non-trumpkin GOP senators need to caucus with the dems.  They don't need to vote for liberal legislation, but they need to start investigations, ask for the tax returns, pass a clean bill ending kiddy concentration camps.  If they're going to stay in the GOP the stain is on them too no matter how many troubled tweets they send out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Did evil win in the American civil war?

Did evil win in WW2?

Both of those happened approximately 80 years apart and the last approximately 80 years from now. I for one am glad the GI generation didn’t subscribe to your fatalistic opinion. Or maybe they did and fought through it anyway. As all of us, including you, should be doing that right now. 

If you think that the Civil War ended in April 1865, then no--evil didn't win.  

But if you recognize the historical fact that the Civil War was continued by alternative means of Klan terrorism throughout the South until the North ran out of give-a-shit and acquiesced to the end of Reconstruction and the imposition of Jim Crow, then you acknowledge that yeah--evil absolutely did win.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Are there any Republicans that have a since of decency and can stand up for what’s right and wrong? Where are they? I watched Fox News this morning and they are still hanging on to Hillary’s emails. The country is screwed if they don’t stop this insanity.

Change happens slowly because we have to wait for elections.  I'm optimistic that it'll happen.  All the elections that have taken place over the last year are indicative of a coming blue wave. We'll see. 

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Yup.  Some elected officials need to defect.  The non-trumpkin GOP senators need to caucus with the dems.  They don't need to vote for liberal legislation, but they need to start investigations, ask for the tax returns, pass a clean bill ending kiddy concentration camps.  If they're going to stay in the GOP the stain is on them too no matter how many troubled tweets they send out.

Truly amazing neither Flake nor Corker have the courage do it. They'd give us a 51-49 Dem Senate for 7 months at a minimum and be able to stall Trump's bullshit.

But that would require a spine and balls. And Sans-Testicles over there could never.

12 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I bet some GOP defectors could negotiate some pretty plush chairmanships and other power structure positions if they played their cards right. Might ruffle a few democrat feathers in the short-term, but woudl be entertaining to see play out. 

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Ah, need more coffee.  I thought it was some kind of reference to Gorsuch being a problem among the idiots.

Nope, just their last-stand defense of concentration camps, banning people of certain religions from coming to the U.S., letting Russia hijack our elections, calling our allies poopie-heads and cozying up to third-world dictators.

Just know, their last words on their death beds won't be "I love you" but "Gorsuch! Hillary! But her emails!"

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It references the Republicans that will put up with literally anything Trump does because he got them Gorsuch (for which you can also sub in "tax cuts").

You mean the totally unnecessary tax cuts, put through by the "fiscal conservatives" that will add $2 trillion to the National debt?  Those tax cuts?

Steve is right, there is no GOP...only the cult of Trump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnRedHorn said:

The coming civil war will be messy. There's no division of north versus south to draw battle lines on. 

One thing is for sure... The world will rejoice

and the Rush Limbaughs will sit in their basements fanning the flames.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:
"He stood up, he put his hand in his pocket... and he took two Starbursts candies out, threw them on the table and said to Merkel, 'Here, Angela. Don't say I never give you anything.'"

So....how many of y'all DON'T think that by this point, the German diplomatic corps and German intelligence isn't going after Trump, his family, and his business interests as if they were enemy forces?  There HAS to be some good-old-fashioned spycraft and shenanigans going on.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:
"He stood up, he put his hand in his pocket... and he took two Starbursts candies out, threw them on the table and said to Merkel, 'Here, Angela. Don't say I never give you anything.'"

He's like Janice in Accounting.

• Like 1

I posted this in the DACA thread, but bears posting here:

Question: What do the following groups all have in common, besides being the largest denominations accounting for over 120 million Americans?

• Roman Catholic Church
  • Southern Baptists
  • Methodists
  • Mormons
  • Church of God in Christ
  • National Baptists
  • Lutherans
  • Assemblies of God
  • Presbyterians
  • African Methodist Episcopals
  • Episcopals

Answer: They have all issued official statements denouncing the separation of children from families, and/or their leaders have publicly denounced/criticized the separation.   And that's just the larger denominations that I looked at - I just went down the list.

When a single politician gets those groups all on the same page in regards to a controversial issue, that's not always a good thing.

And yes, many of their members are going to be hypocrites as we've already seen, but those organizations are giving their members the green light to vote their conscious come November.

Most importantly, the Trump supporters in all of those organizations did not have the power/influence to prevent those organizations/leaders from issuing those statements or speaking out against the separation.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

If you think that the Civil War ended in April 1865, then no--evil didn't win.  

But if you recognize the historical fact that the Civil War was continued by alternative means of Klan terrorism throughout the South until the North ran out of give-a-shit and acquiesced to the end of Reconstruction and the imposition of Jim Crow, then you acknowledge that yeah--evil absolutely did win.

The Civil War never really ended. The confederates just shifted how they fought. It's still going today, and Donald Trump's presidency is the culmination of their efforts.

51 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So none of y'all are going to respond with the "What would SE Cupp look like with a dick in her mouth" image from hustler. Come on guys, be on your toes. 

Is that even possible?

Asking for Bozo, Brisket, and myself of course.

2 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

Don't worry about the lemmings.  Just as easily as they are following in one direction, they'll head the other direction when everyone else does.   We don't need unanimity to change the country's course.  Just majorities. 

Yep.  When a team gets a new coach, the fans well tell you how awesome their system is. There were Husker fans, coming out of the option offense days, who were genuinely excited about Callahan's west coast offense.  There were t-shirts and everything. 

The offensive philosophy is irrelevant, as are the defensive philosophy, recruiting approach, and the training regime.  It's the logo on the hat that really matters.  The fans will glob onto any terms they hear on the TV and proclaim that those are the best terms, because it's the ones that the man in hat uses. 

After Trump, the GOP will get a new coach.  And he will be cheered.  And the other team is wrong and always has been.  Hopefully he's a decent man.   

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

So much this.  And tax cuts would have happened, as would deregulation, because that’s what Republicans always do.  The positives they point to about Trump have nothing to do with him, whereas there are infinitely more negatives arising directly from he and his merry band of corrupt morons in the executive branch.

Not only that, they likely would've gotten more, because most people would have been ignoring every other Republican because they wouldn't have daily unforced errors. They are giving credit to a buffoon who has hindered their agenda at every turn since being elected, who is severely damaging the long term viability of their party, and for what?  That's the part I just can't wrap my head around.  Why do they cow-tow to him so completely?  They haven't behaved this way about a President since Reagan.  I get it with Reagan, I was a true believer in him as well.  But there are no redeeming qualities with this nincompoop.

1 minute ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Not only that, they likely would've gotten more, because most people would have been ignoring every other Republican because they wouldn't have daily unforced errors. They are giving credit to a buffoon who has hindered their agenda at every turn since being elected, who is severely damaging the long term viability of their party, and for what?  That's the part I just can't wrap my head around.  Why do they cow-tow to him so completely?  They haven't behaved this way about a President since Reagan.  I get it with Reagan, I was a true believer in him as well.  But there are no redeeming qualities with this nincompoop.

Cult.  Plain and simple.

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Yep.  When a team gets a new coach, the fans well tell you how awesome their system is. There were Husker fans, coming out of the option offense days, who were genuinely excited about Callahan's west coast offense.  There were t-shirts and everything. 

The offensive philosophy is irrelevant, as are the defensive philosophy, recruiting approach, and the training regime.  It's the logo on the hat that really matters.  The fans will glob onto any terms they hear on the TV and proclaim that those are the best terms, because it's the ones that the man in hat uses.  

This is not how it ever worked on shaggy. In fact, the fans bitch and criticize just about everything regarding Texas football.

Kasich would have beat Clinton, would have appointed somebody similar to Gorsuch, supported a BBA, supported lowering individual and corporate taxes, opposed funding for PP, supported a social safety net, and opposed the ACA. And had the happy benefit of not having a particularly malignant form of NPD.  But the GOP had spent too many decades cultivating total fucking political nonsense within their base that they decided to go with the reality TV star. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Kasich would have beat Clinton, would have appointed somebody similar to Gorsuch, supported a BBA, supported lowering individual and corporate taxes, opposed funding for PP, supported a social safety net, and opposed the ACA. And had the happy benefit of not having a particularly malignant form of NPD.  But the GOP had spent too many decades cultivating total fucking political nonsense within their base that they decided to go with the reality TV star. 

this shit right here

2 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Come on, that is hilarious. We can't lose our sense of humor in times of crisis like this, that, I firmly believe.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find sophomoric behavior by the leader of our country to be "hilarious". This isn't fucking Showtime at the Apollo. There's nothing about me "losing" this sense of humor, either. It was never there.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Come on, that is hilarious. We can't lose our sense of humor in times of crisis like this, that, I firmly believe.

no it isn't.  this is world leader diplomacy, and there are standards.  that's something you do on a fishing trip with the boys.

and i'd bet a shit ton of nickels that the joke isn't cross-culturally understood by the Germans....the chances are better that was taken as an insult.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Imagine if you will a foreign leader, say Gorbachev, throwing candy at Reagan and telling him "here Ronald, don't say I never gave you anything" and walking away.

Yeah.  Hilarity.  

It's only hilarious to #MAGA mouthbreathers.  

• Like 3