Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

If you'll notice, the criminal behavior is reentry, or coming back in after being deported. We are criminally prosecuting first time offenfers. I expect little acknowledgement of this, per MAGA protocol. 

Those sir are what are called "facts." Trumpkins do not dwell in the world of "facts." They dwell in the world of catchy or snarky Facebook memes that even their dog would probably understand and find mildly humorous. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Both sides.  And so on.  The liberal media has found something ugly to latch onto that's happened before and they're running with it. Smart politics.  

From correspondent for noted conservative org, the Young Turks. 

I expect little to no acknowledgement of this, per Surly protocol.  

Me and Mojo spent a good part of Monday acknowledging it probably happened under Obama and requesting some apples to apples quantification to the charges this was the same under Obama, given the zero-tolerance change in policy followed by the denial this was a change in policy, which your tweet acknowledges. 

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Ah, ain't that cute, opening the door to the normalization of fascism.  LOL.  

Yup. We have committed many wrongs in the past. However, we have worked to right the mistakes we made and make sure they never happen again. We abolished slavery, we paid reparations to the Japanese we interned etc.. and hopefully we never make child separation a policy ever again.

Edited by simplicity

Only a Trumpkin could quite literally hear Jeff Sessions reference a change in immigration policy and then claim nothing has changed.  Holy fuck we are fucked beyond fucking fuck.

New hobby suggestion:  Russian (heh) roulette for the Trumpkins.  Do us all a fucking favor.

• Like 3

What’s remarkable is their obvious attempt to cover up blatant human rights violations has gone nearly unnoticed.  We expect them to lie and conceal wrongdoing right in our faces now. 

That has been normalized.

It will be difficult for that trust to be earned back by subsequent administrations, if we have them.

43 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Our policing of our borders sucked before and many of the people involved sucked as well. But, from the top level, at least the goal wasn't expressly to inflict pain and suffering. Read the accounts you posted. Many of them ultimately result in reunification a short time later. Some of them represent decisions, perhaps incorrect ones, to separate parents from children based on a belief that the parents would endanger the children. I don't like any of these things. They disturb me greatly and always have. But, I also recognize that those incidents were largely incidental results of a larger bureaucratic system that needed a way to process people in some orderly fashion. Unfortunately, that system was forced to implement bad law and at least some of the individuals involved chose to do so in cruel ways.

There, I've acknowledged your post and that our previous handling of immigration sucked too. Now it is your turn to acknowledge that Trump's policies are different. Before, there was no top-down order that cruelty be inflicted.  Trump insisted on cruelty and pain, and did so because he thought it bought him something politically. Of course, you'll never recognize that because you are a disgusting human being. 

Talking tough about immigration bought him something politically, he’s just following through on it in a way that a lot of people, myself included, think is too harsh. I’m just laughing at all the outrage people are flinging around about this when this has been happening.  Same thing when people talk about bombing civilians in Yemen or the first amendment and journalism being under attack. This shit has been going on before Trump.  Im supposed to think that the majority of people on the left now have principles and have always cared?  GTFOH. 

My Facebook feed blew up about this the past few days and I was stunned what people believed and didn't believe.  Large blocks of these people live in Texas and by that fact you'd think they would know at least a little about immigration.  Good hell....

12 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Talking tough about immigration bought him something politically, he’s just following through on it in a way that a lot of people, myself included, think is too harsh. I’m just laughing at all the outrage people are flinging around about this when this has been happening.  Same thing when people talk about bombing civilians in Yemen or the first amendment and journalism being under attack. This shit has been going on before Trump.  Im supposed to think that the majority of people on the left now have principles and have always cared?  GTFOH. 

Oh you're so very right. There's absolutely nothing unprecedented about this administration or the actions of the people within it.

It's just that, en masse, a huge number of Americans woke up one day and decided to start caring. 

Yes you're right, that seems far more probable.

15 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Again, you are an evil person. 

17 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

That you find the notion that roughly half of all persons who are left of center are incapable of having principles says quite a lot about where we stand.

Edited by Foosters

Lewandowki is a god damned piece of shit.  I hope the next car he walks in front of runs his ass over.  Then backs up and runs his ass over again.  But I don't want him dead.  He can suck shit through a straw the rest of his worthless life.  Asshole. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What’s remarkable is their obvious attempt to cover up blatant human rights violations has gone nearly unnoticed.  We expect them to lie and conceal wrongdoing right in our faces now. 

That has been normalized.

It will be difficult for that trust to be earned back by subsequent administrations, if we have them.

If we have them?  Lololol.

20 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Oh you're so very right. There's absolutely nothing unprecedented about this administration or the actions of the people within it.

It's just that, en masse, a huge number of Americans woke up one day and decided to start caring. 

Yes you're right, that seems far more probable.

I think it’s more of a tribal phonemon.  Your guy isn’t pulling the strings, everything is a travesty.  

18 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Again, you are an evil person. 

I don’t see where anything I wrote makes me an evil person. I lead a pretty quiet, simple existence.  Nothing too evil that I’m aware of. 

15 minutes ago, Foosters said:

That you find the notion that roughly half of all persons who are left of center are incapable of having principles says quite a lot about where we stand.

You know what, you’re right.  Most people are not educated on the depth of our country’s misadventures in the past.  They are just easily whipped into a frenzy over shit that other administrations have done in the past to some extent.  The people with no principles are the politicians and media outlets that know better and fan the flames to try and achieve what they want.  

33 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Wow you’re cool...we should hang out.

I am a pretty laid back guy.  Known to have a good time. We’d probablu get along fine. 

29 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

My Facebook feed blew up about this the past few days and I was stunned what people believed and didn't believe.  Large blocks of these people live in Texas and by that fact you'd think they would know at least a little about immigration.  Good hell....

I’ve seen a lot of Texans who have clearly never been anywhere in South Texas and/or encountered Border Patrol. 

Life does not seem to exist for them outside of their suburbs. 

20 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lewandowki is a god damned piece of shit.  I hope the next car he walks in front of runs his ass over.  Then backs up and runs his ass over again.  But I don't want him dead.  He can suck shit through a straw the rest of his worthless life.  Asshole. 

Womp womp 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I think it’s more of a tribal phonemon.  Your guy isn’t pulling the strings, everything is a travesty.  

I don’t see where anything I wrote makes me an evil person. I lead a pretty quiet, simple existence.  Nothing too evil that I’m aware of. 

You know what, you’re right.  Most people are not educated on the depth of our country’s misadventures in the past.  They are just easily whipped into a frenzy over shit that other administrations have done in the past to some extent.  The people with no principles are the politicians and media outlets that know better and fan the flames to try and achieve what they want.  

I am a pretty laid back guy.  Known to have a good time. We’d probablu get along fine. 

Your participation in this thread is proof that you are evil. Deal with it. It is who you are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Me and Mojo spent a good part of Monday acknowledging it probably happened under Obama and requesting some apples to apples quantification to the charges this was the same under Obama, given the zero-tolerance change in policy followed by the denial this was a change in policy, which your tweet acknowledges. 

That’s great to hear. I haven’t been around in a few days.  Work has been busy. I’m aware it’s a change in policy.  It’s also one I don’t approve of, but I do believe that better securing our border is important and it’s not a simple problem.  Hopefully both sides can reach a deal that improves the situation. 

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump is the ultimate bully.  He goes after someone again and again to ensure the others stay in line.

And really, all it takes is one -- ONE - person of substance to respond "fuck you, you little pissant.  Everyone fucking hates you anyway.  So shut the fuck up.  You're nothing but a loud mouth and a tiny dick, and we're done listening to you."

475FD70D00000578-0-image-a-43_1513400078

30 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Your participation in this thread is proof that you are evil. Deal with it. It is who you are.

Do you always call people on the internet ugly names?  Does it fulfill you in some way?  If it makes you feel better that’s ok I guess.  I said multiple times I don’t agree with Trump’s handling of this, but you’re still so angry with me. 

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Do you always call people on the internet ugly names?  Does it fulfill you in some way?  If it makes you feel better that’s ok I guess.  I said multiple times I don’t agree with Trump’s handling of this, but you’re still so angry with me. 

So you don't agree with how he's handling it but you defend it anyways? Truly the most spectacular doublethink there is

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I have been very clear. These actions are evil. Supporting, condoning, or deflecting from the evil of these actions is evil. I will not soften my stance to make someone else more comfortable. If you are not evil, do not act evil. The only option when confronted with evil is to oppose it. Anything else is itself an act of evil. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Captainant said:

So you don't agree with how he's handling it but you defend it anyways? Truly the most spectacular doublethink there is

The only possible way you can have this take if you want to credit Trump for trying to fix some very serious issues that are long overdue for close examination and real action. 

And then you have to immediately pummel him for repeatedly trying to do surgery with a butter knife and a blowtorch.