Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

24 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Most don't know our country's past interventions (100 years worth and many illegal) in Mexico, Central and South America.  These interventions have been a major factor in people fleeing to the U.S. If you are not familiar, there are plenty of CIA and FBI documents readily available.

Remember when Trump exclaimed to Bill O'Reilly, ""There are a lot of killers. You think our country's so innocent?"

Yep. Just look up United Fruit Company. There's also the the little unpleasantness in Chile. And the War on Drugs. And Iran Contra. And the School of the Americas.

It's a long list of fuckery.

• Like 1

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's so great to have a President of the United States who cares deeply about the crime rate in Germany. 

It's some white nationalist shit.  These shitheads never shut up about this stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Well, Orwell was off by 30 years or so, but we've actually made it to the government insisting that 2+2=5 and a huge percentage of society believing it. 

I propose instead of a two-minute hate, we engage in a two and a half year hate.  Ready.....GO!

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's so great to have a President of the United States who cares deeply about the crime rate in Germany. 

He also cares deeply about saving jobs in China, but, on the bright side, only when saving those jobs would hurt our national security:

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

So the right wing is now just full on racist. They aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Bold move, Cotton.

They haven't been really hiding well for quite a while, but they absolutely stopped trying once Trump was elected.

43 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

President Infowars

This is a tweet you would expect to see from David Duke or InfoWars, not the President of the United States.

He is a piece of shit.

*** edit *** He is a lying piece of shit.

Edited by yoladu

18 hours ago, deech said:

I am not saying Obama didn't play the game.  I was just not a huge fan of the Clinton presidency for a lot of different reasons that aren't worth going into on the Donald Trump thread. Then she cherry picked a Senate seat, voted for the Iraq war, and the hits just kept on coming.  So yeah, I felt that the Iraq war was the stupidest fucking decision in modern history and I despised anyone who voted for it.  If that makes me retarded.  Sorry.

You didn't even list 3 things to dislike about her and I doubt you could reasonably continue.  If the hits kept on coming, the Republicans wouldn't have had to manufacture bs.  Everybody believed the Iraq war--as the Republicans put it, you were un-American if you didn't.  America was a disturbed hornets nest that wanted to strike anything associated with 9-11 which is when our good pals the Republicans do what they do best and manufacture bs.  They pushed for a rushed vote to capitalize on the public's shock and anger which would have turned on each other if someone like Trump had been in power.  He would have mopped up during that time. I remember being fully on board until I actually collected my damn mind.  But none of this was held against the Republicans, only Hillary who did what most did and voted along with the current hive mind.   

Edited by Mdhorn

17 hours ago, Bojack said:

I often ask people why they dislike Hillary and quite a few people can't really say why. Voting for Iraq is most often the answer given by liberals like myself. I was nowhere near voting 3rd party or for Trump but fuck anybody whose judgement is so terrible that they thought the Iraq War was a good idea. Bill's metoo baggage doesn't help. I agree that a great deal of the dislike for Hillary is due to her being a target of the right for so long but we'd be better off if the Clintons just went away, fair or not.  

on board 100%

As ridiculous as it sounds, I don't think the pathetic racist bluster will move the needle at all for Trump's re-election campaign. In fact, it might help it.

The absurd trade war with China, however, will be his undoing. The negative impacts of a trade war are going to be fact based and there will be no way to bullshit his way around it. It's the economy, stupid, and if regular old Americans start being impacted by this in their pocketbook, they'll immediately wonder why the hell Trump decided to tilt at this windmill.

He can throw tantrums all he wants about how this is China's fault, etc etc etc.  but if he doesn't fix it, he'll finally be exposed in the eyes of some of his base as a snake oil salesman who is utterly full of shit 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TornACL said:

As ridiculous as it sounds, I don't think the pathetic racist bluster will move the needle at all for Trump's re-election campaign. In fact, it might help it.

The absurd trade war with China, however, will be his undoing. The negative impacts of a trade war are going to be fact based and there will be no way to bullshit his way around it. It's the economy, stupid, and if regular old Americans start being impacted by this in their pocketbook, they'll immediately wonder why the hell Trump decided to tilt at this windmill.

He can throw tantrums all he wants about how this is China's fault, etc etc etc.  but if he doesn't fix it, he'll finally be exposed in the eyes of some of his base as a snake oil salesman who is utterly full of shit 

Agreed that the trade war will likely have a more lasting negative impact on his supporters, but I have heard too many interviews on NPR asking farmers about this and damn near every one of them has said something like "We'll just have to wait and see, I trust Trump." As if they wouldn't lose their god damned minds if Obama did the same thing.

I don't think the economic impact will be large enough soon enough to move that needle.  People aren't going to acknowledge the root cause of their 2019 Nissan Altima being $450 more than the 2018 model, mostly because they won't even know the price went up.  This is not to say that a shit ton of things aren't going to get somewhat more expensive, but half of that price increase is starting to be felt already because oil has gotten more expensive.  Plus, Trumpkins (= willful ignorance).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It's really sick. It's the D's fault for DACA/internment camps, and it's our allies' fault for certain inequities in trade. DOTUS turns perceived slights to his ego as bases for pulling children from their families and toying with the global economy for his amusement.