Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

16 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

That was the great and brilliant GRHorn.

16 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

No doubt GRHorn will come back, acknowledge that he was wrong, and — because the real facts underlying his opinion turned out to support the exact opposite conclusion — will now forcefully support the investigation into the important issue of Russian meddling in our election. 

I can, and have in the past, admitted when I was wrong here.  I concede that I have underestimated the public's interest in Russia. 

How much is hard to say.  The two polls ask two different questions.  How concerned are you about Russian interference in the 2016 election?  Versus, what do you think is the most important issue facing the country today?  We can wait for the July Gallup poll but imo Russia gets a disproportionate amount of coverage compared to other items on that list ahead of it.  

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I can, and have in the past, admitted when I was wrong here.  I concede that I have underestimated the public's interest in Russia. 

How much is hard to say.  The two polls ask two different questions.  How concerned are you about Russian interference in the 2016 election?  Versus, what do you think is the most important issue facing the country today?  We can wait for the July Gallup poll but imo Russia gets a disproportionate amount of coverage compared to other items on that list ahead of it.  

2016 is sunk. The primary issue with Russia is that they continue to interfere and we have another election coming up. If the admin opened up about its occurrence, and took steps to limit it happening again, we would already be done with it. 

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

imo Russia gets a disproportionate amount of coverage compared to other items on that list ahead of it.  

A disproportionate amount of coverage?

Russia tried to rig an American election.  That is proven fact.  The guy who won is the guy they wanted to win.  Did he know about it?  Is it a coincidence that he's now groveling at Putin's feet and alienating all our NATO allies?

I'm curious: which issues would you put "ahead" of the question: is the President of the United States a puppet of the Russian dictator?

• Like 5

How is Gorka still a thing?

He should do a segment where he picks up a fringe group think-tanker or Fox contributor and they drive around DC in his V6 Mustang and other underpowered sporty base models and talk policy over a cup of joe. They could call it “Crackpots in Cars Getting Coffee”.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I really wish people would learn how to phrase questions around things like evidence instead of just what they think. The way this question is worded, it leaves open the question of this just being a popularity contest for the idea. Were the question instead "do you find the evidence convincing that Russia interfered in the 2016 election?" The results would be far more robust and able to accepted as a true explanation of where people stand.

44 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We have no idea what went on in that meeting. None. Zero. 

Every meeting he has is pretty much the same I think.  They are the same as any meeting about any "deal" he has ever had in his life.  He makes grandiose promises he knows he can't keep and then backtracks on them later in an attempt at personal gain.  If that personal gain comes at the expense of the nation he is supposed to be the leader of, so be it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I really wish people would learn how to phrase questions around things like evidence instead of just what they think. The way this question is worded, it leaves open the question of this just being a popularity contest for the idea. Were the question instead "do you find the evidence convincing that Russia interfered in the 2016 election?" The results would be far more robust and able to accepted as a true explanation of where people stand.

That's not the point of the poll. The point is getting public opinion on what people believe is the likely truth. It is not to ask them if they'd convict if they were on a jury in a criminal trial.

I think it's likely that Donald Trump has sexually assaulted a woman in his life. If I were asked if I think Donald Trump has sexually assaulted a woman in his life the answer would be yes. If I were asked if I've seen convincing enough evidence to convict Donald Trump of sexual assault I would say no. Those are two different questions.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Nothing will change the cognitive dissonance of Trumpkins until they feel it in their own wallets.  The agent of change is a nasty recession that hits overspending boomers hard.  Unfortunately it will harm the rest of us as well.  

Yeah, Trump made you more poor but the democrats are going to raise your taxes and make you more poor so you might as well stay with Trump. 

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They were doing significantly better in 2016 than they were in 2008 but they still hated Obama.  The economics don't matter, they just like to say it does because it gives them cover.

The President was a black guy who wore a tan suit. Economics be damned. 

48 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

A disproportionate amount of coverage?

Russia tried to rig an American election.  That is proven fact.  The guy who won is the guy they wanted to win.  Did he know about it?  Is it a coincidence that he's now groveling at Putin's feet and alienating all our NATO allies?

I'm curious: which issues would you put "ahead" of the question: is the President of the United States a puppet of the Russian dictator?

Yes. Look at how many issues people weigh more heavily when asked what's the #1 issue.  How much coverage does Russia get vs them?  That's my point.  Hope that clears it up for you.  

As far as Trump and Putin goes, this is my assessment.  Putin is a very smart guy.  He knows the best way to influence Trump.  You flatter him.  He's done that and then you combine that with Trump's unhealthy affinity for strongman personalities and you get their personal interactions. Trump is surrounded by too many hawkish individuals (Bolton, Pompeo, Mattis, Kelly) for it to elevate anywhere near "puppet" starts.  That's dumb. 

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Yes. Look at how many issues people weigh more heavily when asked what's the #1 issue.  How much coverage does Russia get vs them?  That's my point.  Hope that clears it up for you.  

As far as Trump and Putin goes, this is my assessment.  Putin is a very smart guy.  He knows the best way to influence Trump.  You flatter him.  He's done that and then you combine that with Trump's unhealthy affinity for strongman personalities and you get their personal interactions. Trump is surrounded by too many hawkish individuals (Bolton, Pompeo, Mattis, Kelly) for it to elevate anywhere near "puppet" starts.  That's dumb. 

Congratulations on awakening from your coma, but there was some shit that went down last week that you should probably check out before commenting further.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

We have no idea what went on in that meeting. None. Zero. 

Where Trump is especially stupid here is that he fails to realize Russia will use that undocumented meeting for all sorts of misinformation and influence with bullshit claims like these. 

16 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Where Trump is especially stupid here is that he fails to realize Russia will use that undocumented meeting for all sorts of misinformation and influence with bullshit claims like these. 

Wait, are you still working under the assumption he works for the United States? 

Trump knows what Russia is doing.  

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Wait, are you still working under the assumption he works for the United States? 

Trump knows what Russia is doing.  

Trump is not smart enough to understand everything that Russia gets out of this relationship. He understands that he's in a quid pro quo relationship, but he sees it as "I get elected, they get favorable treatment from me".

Like with most things, he's in waters too deep and he doesn't understand the actual repercussions.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

The only thing that approaches this forum's obsession with Trump/Russia is the tired tan suit line. 

What about Dijon mustard? That was a scandal of the highest order. 

You sound completely out of touch. Either willingly because you can’t bear to come to grips with the fact you are a rube that was duped. Or you’re just stupid. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

Trump is not smart enough to understand everything that Russia gets out of this relationship. He understands that he's in a quid pro quo relationship, but he sees it as "I get elected, they get favorable treatment from me".

Like with most things, he's in waters too deep and he doesn't understand the actual repercussions.

What repercussions?  I think Trump understands just fine.  He just doesn't care. 

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What repercussions?  I think Trump understands just fine.  He just doesn't care. 

I just listed one. Trump didn't want notes or witnesses of the meeting with Russia for obvious basic reasons... to not throw any blood in the water for the media sharks. That's where his thinking stops. He doesn't realize that because of that infinitely stupid decision, Russia can now run wild around the globe claiming things that may never have even been discussed in that room.

Russia thrives in the cloud of misinformation, so when you don't document meetings you're playing right into their hands on issues that may have been completely unrelated to the so called "summit".

I really don't think Trump understands a lot of things. His understanding and explanation of economics is the most glaring of many, many examples. As is his use of the word "nuclear" as a noun.

"What does this mean for me?" is the only question he is intellectually curious about, on any subject. Once that question has been answered and that need has been satisfied, he no longer gives a fuck. That's why his life has been surrounded for 40 years with collateral damage from his countless idiotic decisions.

Edited by TornACL

11 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

You sound completely out of touch. Either willingly because you can’t bear to come to grips with the fact you are a rube that was duped. Or you’re just stupid. 

20140924post-mustard.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TornACL said:

He doesn't realize that because of that infinitely stupid decision, Russia can now run wild around the globe claiming things that may never have even been discussed in that room.

And this hurts Trump personally how? 

Point is, Russia can get away with whatever they want with Trump in office. 

That is kinda the whole deal. 

14 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Why not both?

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

And this hurts Trump personally how? 

Point is, Russia can get away with whatever they want with Trump in office. 

That is kinda the whole deal. 

I'm sorry, maybe I haven't had enough coffee. You're not understanding my posts.

I'm not disagreeing with this. I'm just saying, Trump is not part of THIS part of the scheme. He's not smart enough. He "knows what he's doing" only so far as it benefits him personally. He understands transactions. You do this for me, I do this for you.  The countless secondary benefits Russia gets out of all of these idiotic decisions like the summit, are over his head.

Edited by TornACL

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I'm sorry, maybe I haven't had enough coffee. You're not understanding my posts.

You're saying Trump is too stupid to see the consequences of his secret meeting with Putin. 

I'm saying there are no consequences for Trump personally so he doesn't see any consequences. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

That's not the point of the poll. The point is getting public opinion on what people believe is the likely truth. It is not to ask them if they'd convict if they were on a jury in a criminal trial.

I think it's likely that Donald Trump has sexually assaulted a woman in his life. If I were asked if I think Donald Trump has sexually assaulted a woman in his life the answer would be yes. If I were asked if I've seen convincing enough evidence to convict Donald Trump of sexual assault I would say no. Those are two different questions.

I get what you're saying. So I will add that one without the other discredits either alone.

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

you're being really obtuse this morning

Yeah, I just realized that.

TornACL is correct. Trump is far too ignorant and stupid to comprehend the complicated dynamics of geopolitics that rely on history, philosophy, sociology, economics, and military strategy.