Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

5 hours ago, kevwun said:

Only this White House would be stupid enough to use a doctored video of an event that there are multiple other recordings of that they have no control over.

We are lucky that the Trump administration is made up of the Apple Dumpling Gang. Trump's repetitive attacks on the press is concerning but his attacks are fairly sophomoric. Let's not forget the Obama administration was tracking journalists, seizing their records, prosecuting and actually put a reporter in jail. While Obama was a lot more trust worthy than Trump he was a bigger threat to the press than Trump.

I assume Trump is just too incompetent to actually use the power of the executive branch to actually target the press in the same manner the Obama administration did. For that I am thankful.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You obviously don’t know many journalists 

You obviously can't get passed your bias against Trump if you think the his verbal abuse is worse than using federal agents to track journalists.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

You obviously can't get passed your bias against Trump if you think the his verbal abuse is worse than using federal agents to track journalists.

To elaborate on this, Obama did some shitty shit but he didn’t openly turn the population against journalists and destroy objective truth.  That’s what Trump is doing.  

If you think what Obama did was worse I don’t know what to tell you.

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

To elaborate on this, Obama did some shitty shit but he didn’t openly turn the population against journalists and destroy objective truth.  That’s what Trump is doing.  

Trump is just following the Despot for dummies handbook.

2 hours ago, Zavala said:

They broke the door? Also threats of violence?

If right wingers were outside of Don Lemons house chanting "we know where you sleep" how do you suspect that would be portrayed in the media?

http://www.cbs8.com/story/39444147/mob-chants-outside-foxs-tucker-carlsons-home-breaks-door

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Busted door. Wife cowering in pantry. Just a friendly protest. 

imgur

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Obama administration targeted journalists with the power of federal law enforcement on the down low while pretending outwardly nothing was happening. His administration had secretly targeted 20 different AP reporters, named James Rosen of Fox News an unindicted co-conspirator under the Espionage Act, James Risen of the NYT had a federal case brought against him, various journalists had phone records tracked and their records seized and this is just the stuff I remember of off the top of my head.

Here is a nice reminder of what was going on during the Obama administration.

"Fourteen Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists issued individual statements – released on August 11, 2014 – supporting fellow Pulitzer Prize winner James Risen."

https://rootsaction.org/statements-for-risen

https://www.cjr.org/criticism/barack_obamas_press_freedom_legacy.php

“This is the most closed, control freak administration I’ve ever covered,” said Sanger in a 2013 CPJ report, “The Obama Administration and the Press.” The report’s author, former Washington Post Executive Editor Leonard Downie, Jr., declared, “The administration’s war on leaks and other efforts to control information are the most aggressive I’ve seen since the Nixon administration.” As journalists often note, the Obama administration has prosecuted more leakers under the 1917 Espionage Act than all former presidents combined.

Just now, F250 said:

The Obama administration targeted journalists with the power of federal law enforcement on the down low while pretending outwardly nothing was happening. His administration had secretly targeted 20 different AP reporters, named James Rosen of Fox News an unindicted co-conspirator under the Espionage Act, James Risen of the NYT had a federal case brought against him, various journalists had phone records tracked and their records seized and this is just the stuff I remember of off the top of my head.

Here is a nice reminder of what was going on during the Obama administration.

"Fourteen Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists issued individual statements – released on August 11, 2014 – supporting fellow Pulitzer Prize winner James Risen."

https://rootsaction.org/statements-for-risen

https://www.cjr.org/criticism/barack_obamas_press_freedom_legacy.php

“This is the most closed, control freak administration I’ve ever covered,” said Sanger in a 2013 CPJ report, “The Obama Administration and the Press.” The report’s author, former Washington Post Executive Editor Leonard Downie, Jr., declared, “The administration’s war on leaks and other efforts to control information are the most aggressive I’ve seen since the Nixon administration.” As journalists often note, the Obama administration has prosecuted more leakers under the 1917 Espionage Act than all former presidents combined.

I’m not excusing Obama’s abuse of power.  It was bad, wrong, horrible.

However, we have no idea what Trump has been doing behind the scenes but every indication he’s abusing his power because he’s doing it out in the open.  He’s created his very own state propaganda channel by proxy which he openly promotes while bashing their competitors.  He is doing that as the head of state.  

But let’s reflect back on Obama’s malfeasance and say it’s worse than what Trump is doing because I don’t know why.

5 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Trump is just following the Despot for dummies handbook.

This is my point. Obama who was more trustworthy than Trump did some seriously nefarious shit to the press. We are just lucky Trump is too lazy and dumb to use the same tactics. With that said, he might figure out this tactic eventually.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

This is my point. Obama who was more trustworthy than Trump did some seriously nefarious shit to the press. We are just lucky Trump is too lazy and dumb to use the same tactics. With that said, he might figure out this tactic eventually.

To be fair, Barack Obama is literally one million times smarter than Donald Trump.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m not excusing Obama’s abuse of power.  It was bad, wrong, horrible.

However, we have no idea what Trump has been doing behind the scenes but every indication he’s abusing his power because he’s doing it out in the open.  He’s created his very own state propaganda channel by proxy which he openly promotes while bashing their competitors.  He is doing that as the head of state.  

But let’s reflect back on Obama’s malfeasance and say it’s worse than what Trump is doing because I don’t know why.

Don't be such a knee jerk reacting dimwit. I explained why in my first post.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

What the Obama admin did to Risen was unconscionable.  

• Like 1

Oh no! not shouting! way worse than trying to assassinate former presidents, right?! 

I'm glad Fox News is starting to reap what they sowed. The originators of fake news have been whipping 'conservatives' into a frenzy for decades. When Tucker Carlson is seen as a moderate (levelheaded) conservative voice compared to the rest then you know you're a propaganda machine. I'm not surprised people are tired of their shit and want them to stop it. I don't condone violence, but shouting at them seems pretty tame.

So having Tucker’s wife cowering in fear in the pantry along with his 4 kids is ok in your book because you don’t like what he says on TV. Idiocy. You want to deprive us of our rights to express our political opinions. Fuck freedom of expression because we are conservative. Idiots.

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

So having Tucker’s wife cowering in fear in the pantry along with his 4 kids is ok in your book because you don’t like what he says on TV. Idiocy. You want to deprive us of our rights to express our political opinions. Fuck freedom of expression because we are conservative. Idiots.

Well now you've just gone and made me depressed with the knowledge that Tucker produced 4 other people.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, F250 said:

Let's not forget the Obama administration was tracking journalists, seizing their records, prosecuting and actually put a reporter in jail. While Obama was a lot more trust worthy than Trump he was a bigger threat to the press than Trump.

I assume Trump is just too incompetent to actually use the power of the executive branch to actually target the press in the same manner the Obama administration did. For that I am thankful.

What reporter did Obama put in jail?

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

The Carlsons are cowering in fear in their pantry! Now the conservatives get it. Trump has whipped all this shit up. CNN SUCKS CNN SUCKS at every rally. 

When it touches you, you're outraged.

Where were you fuckers before when the pipe bombs were flying through the mail and when body slamming was cheered.

Braying about false flags and trading high fives.

You fucking hypocritical bitches.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

Agreed. Shame on anyone for relying on cable TV as their primary source of information. We should all cut the cable. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and the like are poisoning our political system. This country needs a gotdam 12-step program. 

Spot. The. Fuck. On.

None deserve a defense of any kind.

Cooper, Wolf, Maddow, Ruhle, Scarboro, Tapper, etc are just the other side of the shitty coin from Hannity, Tucker, Regan, Ingram, Dobbs, etc.

Fuck 'em and fuck 'em good!

2 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Spot. The. Fuck. On.

None deserve a defense of any kind.

Cooper, Wolf, Maddow, Ruhle, Scarboro, Tapper, etc are just the other side of the shitty coin from Hannity, Tucker, Regan, Ingram, Dobbs, etc.

Fuck 'em and fuck 'em good!

fuck you.  How many on the left ever appeared at a POTUS rally onstage?

What a scumbag.

Well, Tucker Carlson deserves it then because Trump provokes these kinds of histrionic things as political distractions. Caravan et al. Who woulda guessed it, huh.

He said the weekend of hate shootings and pipe bomb "stuff" hurt his momentum, and he meant it. And that's ALL HE CARES ABOUT.

Tucker Carlson is expendable. So are the dead Jews. So are all the Trump voters. So is everyone he's throwing under the bus. So is the Constitution. So is America. 

That man should not be president. He's a goddamn disgraceful human being. 

I cannot imagine having voted for him. How freaking embarrassing it must be.

Edited by Agent47
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Fucker Carlson can sleep in the bed he and his ilk made. Fuck him and fuck you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

One time my neighbor didn't mow his grass for a week. Then later I burned all the houses in the neighborhood down and all these hypocrites got mad and suddenly started caring about everyone's houses. 

They didn't say anything about my neighbor's grass, so they're all hypocrites with an agenda against me, obviously. 

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Fucker Carlson can sleep in the bed he and his ilk made. Fuck him and fuck you.

Tucker is a millionaire, he gets people like me to buy his book and I in turn get to enjoy his show and commentary while inspiring and empowering millions of fellow conservatives. His harassers are losers and are getting called out by normal liberals and not the loons here. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Tucker is a millionaire, he gets people like me to buy his book and I in turn get to enjoy his show and commentary while inspiring and empowering millions of fellow conservatives. His harassers are losers and are getting called out by normal liberals and not the loons here. 

Were you calling out those harassers and those threatening to assassinate Obama?

No.  I wonder why?

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

So his harassers and audience have something in common. Cool.

11 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

fuck you.  How many on the left ever appeared at a POTUS rally onstage?

Ok, Hannity wins the POS award out of all of them.

Congrats, your "news" cloaked activists heroes are a little less shitty than Sean Hannity.

What time's the parade?

1 minute ago, Pancho Negro said:

Were you calling out those harassers and those threatening to assassinate Obama?

No.  I wonder why?

Was I defending the guy or rationalizing or justifying his behavior? Was I like those saying Tucker deserves what he is getting. The answer is no. I know you have been itching to call me a racist again.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan