Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

23 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If Mueller can't convince Congress that he should be removed or that he should resign, I'm fine with letting the voters decide what to do with him in 2020. 

It’s not about convincing Congress, it’s about convincing the court of public opinion and right now, 70% of Democrats are for impeachment. 

Unfortunately, the court of public opinion among Republicans is largely controlled through the lens of Fox News.  

It’s going to get very ugly.

When it happens, Democrats are going to get blamed for making it ugly instead of going quietly like the Republicans want them to.  The democrats are currently rope-a-doping Trump and the GOP.  If they take the House, they will rightfully go straight for the jugular and hold nothing back.  It will be unpleasant but necessary because what they are fighting for is worth it.

We are under attack by enemies foreign and domestic and someone is going to stand up, too bad it couldn’t have been Trump and the GOP, but that was their choice.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

There is not going to be a jury trial Hugo. My posts aren’t about what I want to happen. They are what I think is likely given reality. If mueller presents evidence of payments to hookers and past shady business dealings, that is not going to get trump forcibly removed,  no matter what you, I, or anyone else thinks he deserves. That may well get an impeachment trial started if/when the Dems take the House, but it’s not going to get 67 votes in the senate to convict. Clinton’s votes straight along party lines in his trial. That’s what you’ll see here UNLESS mueller has solid evidence of trump conspiring with Russia. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think so

I've already said what I think will happen if mueller does have concrete evidence

Firing mueller is a whole other deal politically. I don’t see trump doing that and if he does I expect him to be successfully impeached

Edited by Sawbonz

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m a Republican - or was.  Anyways, I’ve seen the Democrats blow layup after layup in my lifetime.  If they overreach to impeach, it’s back to square one. 

They have all the momentum.  Let Mueller do his thing and crush these midterms.  Do you really want Pence as President and this shitshow to grind to a halt with a solid economy?  

No, you don’t.  Let this neutered fuckhead keep the pedal to the metal as he races the party off a cliff.  

Let Mueller conduct the autopsy after the crash.  

Funny. Yesterday someone asked me my political party affiliation. I told him I am a lapsed Republican.  

• Like 1

Trump is convinced that the midterms will be just fine for the GOP.

Over dinner with the president and other Republican congressional leaders this month, Senator Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky and the majority leader, phrased his advice for the president in the form of a reminder: Mr. Trump should never forget his central role in the 2018 campaign, Mr. McConnell said, explaining that Republicans’ prospects are linked to what he says and does and underscoring that their one-seat advantage in the Senate was in jeopardy.

If Mr. McConnell’s warning was not clear enough, Marc Short, the White House’s legislative liaison, used the dinner to offer an even starker assessment. The G.O.P.’s House majority is all but doomed, he said.

But Mr. Trump was not moved. “That’s not going to happen,” he said at different points during the evening, shrugging off the grim prognoses, according to multiple officials briefed on the conversation.

The disconnect between the president — a political novice whose confidence in his instincts was grandly rewarded in 2016 — and more traditional party leaders demonstrates the depth of the Republicans’ challenges in what is likely to be a punishing campaign year.

Mr. Trump is as impulsive as ever, fixated on personal loyalty, cultivating a winner’s image and privately prodding Republican candidates to demonstrate their affection for him — while complaining bitterly when he campaigns for those who lose. His preoccupation with the ongoing Russia investigation adds to the unpredictability, spurring Mr. Trump to fume aloud in ways that divide the G.O.P. and raising the prospect of legal confrontations amid the campaign. And despite projecting confidence, he polls nearly all those who enter the Oval Office about how they view the climate of the midterms.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/28/us/politics/trump-midterm-elections.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fpolitics&action=click&contentCollection=politics&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

Edited by Jive Turkey

38 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

There is not going to be a jury trial Hugo. My posts aren’t about what I want to happen. They are what I think is likely given reality. If mueller presents evidence of payments to hookers and past shady business dealings, that is not going to get trump forcibly removed,  no matter what you, I, or anyone else thinks he deserves. That may well get an impeachment trial started if/when the Dems take the House, but it’s not going to get 67 votes in the senate to convict. Clinton’s votes straight along party lines in his trial. That’s what you’ll see here UNLESS mueller has solid evidence of trump conspiring with Russia. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think so

I've already said what I think will happen if mueller does have concrete evidence

Firing mueller is a whole other deal politically. I don’t see trump doing that and if he does I expect him to be successfully impeached

Okay, I respect your opinion.

However, I think this is going to have a Watergate ending.

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Whatever happened to the whole Roger Stone and Paul Manafort running an underground DC swingers ring?  Cause that was the good shit. 

Never heard that about Manafort, but Stone is into swinging and literally being a cuck, complete with posting personal ads looking for dudes to send him pictures of their "meat". 

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Yeah...remember when a SINGLE act of malfeasance -- lying under oath about a blowjob -- was enough to get a president impeached?

Yeah...good times.  Good times.

The problem is the complete destruction of any and all of good norms of the office.  It took over two centuries to build up the office of the presidency (and it ended up overbuilt -- too much power in the executive, too much power ceded by Congress).  It takes no time at all to wreck it.  And that's where y'all think I'm "hysterical" and whatnot.  Sorry, but I've read enough history, and been an active part of the process as institutions/businesses/similar entities that have existed for decades fall apart in a matter of months.  This is EXACTLY how this shit happens.  It takes centuries to build a city.

It takes one firebombing to destroy it (sorry, Dresden -- you're just too good an example).  Building is hard.  Destroying is easy.  Trump is destroying the institution and the norms.  And the GOP is a gang of grinning accomplices.  We'll see how they enjoy the rubble, and what comes out of it.

4 minutes ago, bad motherfucker said:

Donald Trump is president of the United States.  If you don't like it, leave.  Please!

You stuck around for the better president we had before him.

The Donald will be gone in a couple of years. I can wait. Meanwhile, it's fun watching him flail and cry like a pussy.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah...remember when a SINGLE act of malfeasance -- lying under oath about a blowjob -- was enough to get a president impeached?

Yeah...good times.  Good times.

The problem is the complete destruction of any and all of good norms of the office.  It took over two centuries to build up the office of the presidency (and it ended up overbuilt -- too much power in the executive, too much power ceded by Congress).  It takes no time at all to wreck it.  And that's where y'all think I'm "hysterical" and whatnot.  Sorry, but I've read enough history, and been an active part of the process as institutions/businesses/similar entities that have existed for decades fall apart in a matter of months.  This is EXACTLY how this shit happens.  It takes centuries to build a city.

It takes one firebombing to destroy it (sorry, Dresden -- you're just too good an example).  Building is hard.  Destroying is easy.  Trump is destroying the institution and the norms.  And the GOP is a gang of grinning accomplices.  We'll see how they enjoy the rubble, and what comes out of it.

Yeah I remember when he was acquitted along a straight party vote. If mueller has the goods this is different. If it’s whores and real estate it will be the same

eta Clinton should have never been impeached imo. He is the best president we have had since Kennedy if you can look past his philandering. It was pure politics. But if this winds up being about whores and real estate it will be sold as politics and trump will skate

He still won’t be pres come Jan 2021 unless HRC is on the ballot in 2020

Edited by Sawbonz
Fuck trump
  • Like 1

Pretty sure whores and real estate falls outside the scope of Mueller’s investigation.

I’m honestly surprised you think that’s all Mueller might find.  Trump has basically been telegraphing exactly what Mueller is going to conclude.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pretty sure whores and real estate falls outside the scope of Mueller’s investigation.

I’m honestly surprised you think that’s all Mueller might find.  Trump has basically been telegraphing exactly what Mueller is going to conclude.

Maybe I’m not being clear. I don’t know what mueller will find. Neither do you. It comes down to what he can prove. And if he can’t tie trump personally to Russia then he doesn’t have shit in terms of a kill shot politically. This isn’t going to be a trial in front of a judge and 12 citizens 

I certainly hope he has the goods

Edited by Sawbonz

8 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Maybe I’m not being clear. I don’t know what mueller will find. Neither do you. It comes down to what he can prove. And if he can’t tie trump personally to Russia Jen doesn’t have shit in terms of a kill shot politically. This isn’t going to be a trial in front of a judge and 12 citizens 

Not sure you understand how an impeachment trial works.  The jury will technically be the Senators but in reality it will be the American public. The judge will be the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

It would put the OJ trial to shame as far as television coverage.

The Senators will be cementing their legacy in the history books with how they vote.  I’d imagine many of them would want to be on the right side of history.  And yes, they do care about that.

2ED3AE3F-4321-4414-AECE-CC14065D04AF_zps

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

I know exactly how an impeachment trial works. The powers that be will know before impeachment whether the votes are there to convict. They will know the evidence before it is presented.  Everything else is a dog and pony show. 

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

best president we have had since Kennedy if you can look past his philandering

This cracked me up.  The two biggest horndogs we've had in the Oval Office since, well, I don't know when, but surely in my lifetime.  Which one were you referring to?

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

The Donald will be gone in a couple of years. I can wait. Meanwhile, it's fun watching him flail and cry like a pussy.

Donald is a great way to explain what an aggy is to non-Texans. He’s obsessed with a bigger and wiser brother (Obama), whose shadow he lives in, and he cherry picks stats and victories in order to claim he’s better than he actually is. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bad motherfucker said:

Donald Trump is president of the United States.  If you don't like it, leave.  Please!

Dammit, I'm all out of rep for today.

So please accept a hearty and sincere "fuck you" instead, you simple-minded, small-dicked dummy.