Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

40 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

CNN is reporting that Karen Pence's personal doctor wrote several detailed memos to Pence's chief of staff last September complaining about the Candyman's violation of medical ethics. 

It's John Tester's fault, though.

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Trump going off on Mother would be the highlight of the last 2 years. Who would Pence side with?

Is this even a legitimate question? It's obviously Trump. Ben Carson threw his wife under the bus over some office furniture, Pence isn't going to publicly oppose Trump over a cabinet appointment.

2 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

Because the country is more important than party.  There will be plenty of Dems who do care more about party who won't want to impeach. 

Yes it is.  And Pence operating in a post-impeachment calm is more dangerous to the country than Trump.  The best course for the country is to let Trump serve until 2020, and then prosecute him in Federal and/or NY state court as a citizen.

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I also think people undersell the long term damage Trump does by flouting norms, training the populace that ignorance is a goal,  and lessening prestige of the nation.  The worst Pence would be is a guy supporting policies you oppose.   

That damage is already done though.  What's the difference between 1.5 years of an assclown President and 4 years?  We are still a nation that elected a complete moron.  Nothing is going to take that away from us.  Ever.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yes it is.  And Pence operating in a post-impeachment calm is more dangerous to the country than Trump.  The best course for the country is to let Trump serve until 2020, and then prosecute him in Federal and/or NY state court as a citizen.

That's the same argument used by many Trump voters.  "Hillary is more dangerous because she'll impose lib policies."   Trump is a different kind of danger to this country, and opposition to that should transcend short-term policy disagreements. 

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I also think people undersell the long term damage Trump does by flouting norms, training the populace that ignorance is a goal,  and lessening prestige of the nation.  The worst Pence would be is a guy supporting policies you oppose.   

Exactly.  Every day, Trump disgraces his office in new ways.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I’m not going to just sit here listening to this fucking elitist badmouthing ignorance.

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The constant lying is setting a terrible precedent.  It needs to end as soon as possible.

we all know that politicians tell strategic lies; they have to, it's a part of the job.

the lying we have on display here is the compulsive kind - lying about things because it cannot be helped. it's like my deadbeat sister - she'll lie about what she ate for breakfast because she can't help it. it's not helpful, nor does it benefit her in any way. these are the types of lies that trump and his administration tell every single day. there should be a light shown on that every single day as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The constant lying is setting a terrible precedent.  It needs to end as soon as possible.

He lied constantly on the campaign trail.  In fact, he was already known as a crook, liar, and philanderer before the election.  The constant lying is what the electors demanded.  We are fucked as a nation not because we got duped by Trump, but because we voted for Trump when we knew exactly what he was.  We are going to continue being fucked because the unwashed masses love celebrities that say dumb shit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

That damage is already done though.  What's the difference between 1.5 years of an assclown President and 4 years?  We are still a nation that elected a complete moron.  Nothing is going to take that away from us.  Ever.

The difference is his hair-trigger approach to everything, perhaps including nuclear war.  The risk is too high.  But forget that for a moment -- think about the Americans who are galvanized by Trump.  Do you think they'd be in deep nearly so far with Pence?  I don't think that's possible.  He just isn't wired to fan the flames the same way Trump is.  I'll take my chances with Pence.

24 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Some damage is already done, yes, but it gets worse every day that Trump remains in power. 

3 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

We already have gangrene. At this point we as a nation need to determine if we are going to wait and lose the whole leg or cut out the necrotic flesh and limp along.

The problem is that Trump is the symptom.  We are the underlying illness.  Trump concealed nothing about his character during the campaign.  The gangrene isn't Trump, its half our populace.  We could shore it up for a little while by ditching the electoral college, but the infection has already spread too far. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

The problem is that Trump is the symptom.  We are the underlying illness.  Trump concealed nothing about his character during the campaign.  The gangrene isn't Trump, its half our populace.  We could shore it up for a little while by ditching the electoral college, but the infection has already spread too far. 

Tax returns notwithstanding.

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

1) I think of it more as a feedback loop. He was elected because we are shitty.  We get shittier because he tells us to be. That’s why you see more open racism and shameless GOP candidates than before.  You are right that getting him out doesn’t cure us, but at least it ends the loop.  

2) don’t forget all the other problems.  Every terrible thing he does is precedent for some Prez 40 years from now wanting to do something similarly terrible.  Your concerns don’t take any of this into account. 

Trump is more than a symptom, but less than a sole cause. The circumstances had to be a certain way for Trump to take advantage, but there wasn't another person like Trump in place to capitalize on it.  It was a perfect storm.

Trump seized a moment by appealing to the worst in people, and he's chosen to do the same now that he's been given the power to lead us in whatever way he wants.  That's all the choice of one guy, and it is far from inevitable that the next guy will continue in the same way.  Or that voters will allow that to happen. 

This has got to be the most bizarre administration in American history.

Trump doc says Trump bodyguard, lawyer 'raided' his office, took medical files

In February 2017, a top White House aide who was Trump's longtime personal bodyguard, along with the top lawyer at the Trump Organization and a third man, showed up at the office of Trump's New York doctor without notice and took all the president's medical records.

The incident, which Dr. Harold Bornstein described as a "raid," took place two days after Bornstein told a newspaper that he had prescribed a hair growth medicine for the president for years.

In an exclusive interview in his Park Avenue office, Bornstein told NBC News that he felt "raped, frightened and sad" when Keith Schiller and another "large man" came to his office to collect the president's records on the morning of Feb. 3, 2017. At the time, Schiller, who had long worked as Trump's bodyguard, was serving as director of Oval Office operations at the White House.

"They must have been here for 25 or 30 minutes. It created a lot of chaos," Bornstein said, who described the incident as frightening.

AAwAY0p.img?h=364&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

A framed 8x10 photo of Bornstein and Trump that had been hanging on the wall in the waiting room now lies flat under a stack of papers on the top shelf of Bornstein's bookshelf. Bornstein said the men asked him to take it off the wall.

Bornstein said he was not given a form authorizing the release of the records and signed by the president —known as a HIPAA release — which is a violation of patient privacy law. A person familiar with the matter said there was a letter to Bornstein from then-White House doctor Ronny Jackson, but didn't know if there was a release form attached.

Bornstein said the original and only copy of Trump's charts, including lab reports under Trump's name as well as under the pseudonyms his office used for Trump, were taken.

Another man, Trump Organization Chief Legal Officer Alan Garten, joined Schiller's team at Bornstein's office, and Bornstein's wife Melissa photocopied his business card. Garten declined to comment on this story.

Schiller, who left the White House in September 2017, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Bornstein said that Trump cut ties with him after he told the New York Times that Trump takes Propecia, a drug for enlarged prostates that is often prescribed to stimulate hair growth in men. Bornstein told the Times that he prescribed Trump drugs for rosacea and cholesterol as well.

The story also quotes Bornstein recalling that he had told Rhona Graff, Trump's longtime assistant, "You know, I should be the White House physician."

After the story ran on February 1, 2017, Bornstein said Graff called him and said, "So you wanted to be the White House doctor? Forget it, you're out.' "

Two days after the story ran, the men came to his office.

"I couldn't believe anybody was making a big deal out of a drug to grow his hair that seemed to be so important. And it certainly was not a breach of medical trust to tell somebody they take Propecia to grow their hair. What's the matter with that?"

Bornstein said he is speaking out now after seeing reports that Ronny Jackson, who has allegedly been called "the candy man" for loosely prescribing pain medications as White House doctor, will not return to his post after being considered to run the Veterans Administration.

"This is like a celebration for me," he said.

Jackson has denied improperly prescribing drugs.

Bornstein, 70, had been Trump's personal doctor for more than 35 years.

During Trump's presidential campaign, Bornstein wrote a letter declaring "unequivocally" that Trump would be the healthiest president in history. He called Trump's health "astonishingly excellent." The Trump campaign released the letter in December 2015.

Bornstein told NBC News in 2016 that he wrote the note in just five minutes while a limo sent by the candidate waited outside his office.

Asked how he could justify saying Trump would be the healthiest president ever, Bornstein said, "I like that sentence to be quite honest with you and all the rest of them are either sick or dead."

36 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

we all know that politicians tell strategic lies; they have to, it's a part of the job.

the lying we have on display here is the compulsive kind - lying about things because it cannot be helped. it's like my deadbeat sister - she'll lie about what she ate for breakfast because she can't help it. it's not helpful, nor does it benefit her in any way. these are the types of lies that trump and his administration tell every single day. there should be a light shown on that every single day as well.

First things first.  You know the rules.

36 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Some damage is already done, yes, but it gets worse every day that Trump remains in power. 

Trump out of power isn’t great either. He will continue his assault on everything decent with his followers out of office.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

He's back with the space force thing:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raises-the-specter-of-a-space-force-as-he-congratulates-the-armys-football-team/2018/05/01/b17d6966-4d5b-11e8-b725-92c89fe3ca4c_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.58646209dcfd

President Trump mused again Tuesday about adding a new branch of the military — a Space Force — and this time made clear he is thinking seriously about it.

Trump aired his thoughts during a ceremony at the White House, where he presented the Commander-in-Chief’s Trophy to the U.S. Military Academy’s Black Knights football team for its victories over Navy and Air Force.

Surrounded by West Point cadets in the Rose Garden, Trump talked up the mission they have ahead.

“You will be part of the five proud branches of the United States Armed Forces: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and the Coast Guard,” Trump said.

After a short pause he continued: “And we’re actually thinking of a sixth, and that would be the Space Force. Does that make sense? . . . Because we’re getting very big in space, both militarily and for other reasons. And we are seriously thinking of the Space Force.”

[Trump floats idea of ‘Space Force’]

Trump previously raised the idea during a speech in March at Air Station Miramar in San Diego.

“My new national strategy for space recognizes that space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land, air and sea,” Trump told the crowd of Marines there. “We have the Air Force. We’ll have the Space Force.”

Initially, Trump explained, he had proposed the idea as a joke: “Then I said, ‘What a great idea. Maybe we’ll have to do that.’ ”

Some lawmakers on the House Armed Services strategic-forces subcommittee have been pushing to add a unit to the Air Force that would be dedicated to space, but they have stopped short of endorsing a new branch as proposed by Trump.

The Outer Space Treaty, which the United States signed in 1967, bars states from testing weapons and establishing military bases on the moon and other celestial bodies. It also prohibits the placement of weapons of mass destruction in orbit around Earth.

However, critics have pointed out that, since the treaty has no enforcement mechanism, nothing is really stopping a president or anyone else from militarizing space.

“My new national strategy for space recognizes that space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land, air and sea,” Trump told the crowd of Marines there. “We have the Air Force. We’ll have the Space Force.”

Makes sense that Trump would see a war-fighting domain in every element of the world around him. What a dickbag.

21 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Am I being overly semantic here, or wouldn't West Point cadets just be in the Army?

10 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Will they still allow him to tweet from Ft. Leavenworth?

I’m crossing my fingers for the Clinton Correctional Facility in NY, if he is guilty of anything of course. Due process and all.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

He lied constantly on the campaign trail.  In fact, he was already known as a crook, liar, and philanderer before the election.  The constant lying is what the electors demanded.  We are fucked as a nation not because we got duped by Trump, but because we voted for Trump when we knew exactly what he was.  We are going to continue being fucked because the unwashed masses love celebrities that say dumb shit.

Yep.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/just-9-percent-very-surprised-by-trumps-behavior-in-office-poll/ar-AAwATqK

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

This has got to be the most bizarre administration in American history.

"I couldn't believe anybody was making a big deal out of a drug to grow his hair that seemed to be so important. And it certainly was not a breach of medical trust to tell somebody they take Propecia to grow their hair. What's the matter with that?"

Actually, yeah, that's a violation of medical trust. 

The best people.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump out of power isn’t great either. He will continue his assault on everything decent with his followers out of office.

Fine, but I'd rather him do that on some inane cable network than from the fucking white house.

Also, dammit, I'm actually laughing at the Space Force thing.  

After a short pause he continued: “And we’re actually thinking of a sixth, and that would be the Space Force. Does that make sense? 

I find that objectively funny. 

1 hour ago, retread said:

Photo-op with the Southwest crew in the Oval Office. Still hasn't mentioned James Shaw, the Waffle House hero, who also happens to be black. Wonder why?

They're keeping that dude back for the State of the Union.  That way he can have his token in the box seats and hammer home his "lone mentally disturbed maniac gunman" mantra.  Unless a white guy stops a mass shooting in the next 8 months.  Then, all...bets...are...off.

1 minute ago, UTCzech III said:

They're keeping that dude back for the State of the Union.  That way he can have his token in the box seats and hammer home his "lone mentally disturbed maniac gunman" mantra.  Unless a white guy stops a mass shooting in the next 8 months.  Then, all...bets...are...off.

Unfortunately I think there are going to be more than a couple of chances for whitey to stop a mass shooting in the next 8 months.

Just not at the NRA meeting in Dallas this week because guns aren't allowed.

So many lies...

President Trump has made 3,001 false or misleading claims so far

In the 466 days since he took the oath of office, President Trump has made 3,001 false or misleading claims, according to The Fact Checker’s database that analyzes, categorizes and tracks every suspect statement uttered by the president.

That’s an average of nearly 6.5 claims a day.

When we first started this project for the president’s first 100 days, he averaged 4.9 claims a day. Slowly, the average number of claims has been creeping up.

Indeed, since we last updated this tally two months ago, the president has averaged about 9 claims a day.

Our interactive graphic, created with the help of Leslie Shapiro and Kaeti Hinck of The Washington Post’s graphics department, displays a running list of every false or misleading statement made by Trump. We also catalogued the president’s many flip-flops, since those earn Upside-Down Pinocchios if a politician shifts position on an issue without acknowledging that he or she did so.

Trump has a proclivity to repeat, over and over, many of his false or misleading statements. We’ve counted at least 113 claims that the president has repeated at least three times, some with breathtaking frequency.

Seventy-two times, the president has falsely claimed he passed the biggest tax cut in history — when in fact it ranks in eighth place. Fifty-three times, the president has made some variation of the claim that the Russia probe is a made-up controversy. (If you include other claims about the Russia probe that are not accurate, the count goes to 90.) Forty-one times, the president has offered a variation of the false claim that Democrats do not really care about the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program that Trump terminated.

Thirty-four times, the president has wrongly asserted that a border wall was needed to stop the flow of drugs across the southern border, even though the Drug Enforcement Administration says a wall would not limit this illegal trade, as much of it travels through legal borders or under tunnels unaffected by any possible physical barrier.

Thirteen times in the past five weeks, Trump has claimed his long-promised border wall is already being built, even though Congress denied him the funding and prohibited the use of prototypes he had viewed with great fanfare.

Of course, not every day is filled with falsehoods, but the president makes up for his slow days with days that offer an extraordinary number of misleading claims — such as 53 on July 25, 2017, or 49 on Nov. 29, 2017. These are often days when the president has had a series of freewheeling interviews or given a campaign-rally-style speech.

For example, only days ago, on April 28, Trump racked up 44 claims, many of which came from the president’s 80-minute speech in Michigan. (April 28 is tied in third place with Dec. 8, 2017 for most number of claims in a single day.) In his speech, Trump touched on many of his main themes, such as immigration and jobs, adding in a liberal dose of his favorite false facts. Among them:

• He took credit for 3 million jobs “since the election,” even though he did not become president until almost three months later. About 2.5 million jobs have been created since Trump took the oath of office.
  • He cited his “incredible success” in terms of job growth, even though annual job growth under his presidency has been slower than the last five years of Obama’s term.
  • He said “wages are going up for the first time in many, many years,” even though they have been rising steadily since 2014.
  • He once again cited the unemployment rate — especially for African Americans — even though he repeatedly said during his campaign that the unemployment rate was phony and could not be trusted.
  • He said the border wall was being built even though Congress only provided funds for fencing.
  • He claimed he had attracted 32,000 people at a rally in Grand Rapids, Mich., on the eve of the election when the venue held only 4,200 and local media estimated that perhaps that many were waiting outside, for a total of 8,000.
  • He claimed he had “essentially” gotten rid of Obamacare, when he has not. He also falsely suggested he only failed to pass repeal legislation because of one vote, ignoring the fact that none of the substantive replacement bills got nearly enough votes. Sen. John McCain’s vote was against a “skinny” repeal that was only to lead to talks with the House on a common position, with no guarantee of an agreement that would pass both Houses.
  • He falsely claimed that Democrats colluded with the Russians, and the whole probe started with “a document that was paid for by the DNC [Democratic National Committee] and Hillary Clinton.” But the DNC was a victim of Russian activities, as its emails were hacked and then released via WikiLeaks. The House Intelligence Committee has confirmed that the FBI’s counterintelligence probe began with a tip from the Australian government, which notified U.S. authorities about a drunken conversation between a Trump campaign aide, George Papadopoulos, and an Australian diplomat in May. Papadopoulos claimed the Russians had “political dirt” on Clinton. The information in the dossier funded by Democrats came to the attention of the FBI later.
  • He got simple facts wrong, such as claiming that Henry Ford invented the assembly line (it was Ransom Eli Olds) and that Franklin D. Roosevelt served 16 years (it was 12). He also said the European Union was created “to take advantage of the United States” even though it was created after World War II with the aim of ending bloody conflicts on the continent — and with the active support of the United States.
  • He once again claimed that under the Iran nuclear agreement, the United States gave the country $150 billion. But this was always Iran’s money. Iran had billions of dollars in assets that were frozen in foreign banks around the globe because of international sanctions over its nuclear program. The Treasury Department estimated that once Iran fulfilled other obligations, it would have about $55 billion left. The Central Bank of Iran said the number was actually $32 billion.
  • He falsely said that major newspapers and television networks make up nonexistent sources. That is grounds for firing in the news business. Sources can certainly be wrong, but they exist.
  • For the 31st time, he used a made-up number — $7 trillion — for how much the United States supposedly has spent on wars in the Middle East.
  • He falsely claimed that fired deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe “took $700,000 for his wife’s campaign.” McCabe’s wife ran for Virginia Senate, receiving about $700,000 from then-Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) and the state Democratic Party. But campaign records show that every cent raised for the campaign was spent. McCabe also did not participate in his wife’s campaign.
  • He once again claimed that President Xi Jinping of China instantly agreed to a request from Trump to allow the sale of U.S. beef after years of blocking it. But China had already agreed to such sales under a deal brokered by the Obama administration.
  • He said — for the 29th time — that the U.S. trade deficit with China is $500 billion. But it’s really about $300 billion. He also said “we lose about $500 billion” through the trade deficit even though countries do not “lose” money on trade deficits.
  • He claimed “we have done more than anybody in a year” and “I accomplished more than I promised.” In reality, at the end of his first year, Trump had signed fewer bills than any president since Dwight D. Eisenhower (though he has since caught up and passed Obama and is tied with George W. Bush). As for promises, our Trump Promise Tracker shows Trump has only kept 23 percent of 60 key promises and broken 27 percent.

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Well besides that $130,000 paid to conceal the fact he was banging a porn star when Melania was breast feeding Barron.