Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

Has anyone found a central website or twitter feed that is a good, balanced, accurate and timely source for information?   I find Surly is great at providing arguments from both sides, but it is so time consuming.  Plus frankly, Surly just isn't for everyone, personality wise. 

I'd like to find a place to send friends who are just now waking up to rotten smell emanating off of Trump's administration.  Some place that has timelines and stories that give more detail about points along that timeline.   Also some constant running narrative on what Trump has done and the fallout of his actions or inactions. 

I have gleaned a lot from the WAPO, NYT, Vogue and The New Yorker, but they are all behind paywalls after the first few articles.    

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Incognito mode with Chrome gives you unlimited browsing with NYTimes and WaPo. If you hit an article limit, simply open another incognito window and you're set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VRHorn said:

I have found that playing the “A message from the king” line from  Hamilton in my head before reading a Trump tweet really helps make them make a little more fucking sense. 

It is nice that we’re back to holding policy hostage - that’s always fun.

Man, I've been singing the lyrics from "What Comes Next" ever since Trump took office.  It's so on point.  The Republican have been "freed" from Obama and libs.  

What comes next?
You've been freed
Do you know how hard it is to lead?
You're on your own
Awesome...wow
Do you have a clue what happens now?
Oceans rise
Empires fall
It's much harder when it's all your call
All alone
Across the sea
When your people say they hate you
Don't come crawling back to me

1 hour ago, Dr. Teeth said:

MS-13 must have like a billion members raping everyone in the country. Good luck to everyone out there this weekend. Stay safe. 

Yeah don't flash your bright lights at anyone driving without headlights. I hear that's how they find random victims for their gang initiations!!!!111oneone

• Like 1

With Spies, or “Informants” as the Democrats like to call them because it sounds less sinister (but it’s not), all over my drug distribution cartel, even from a very early date, why didn’t the crooked highest levels of the FBI or “Justice” contact me to tell me of the phony Columbian problem?

Trump Twitter STATS

Top 20 mentions as President

1. @foxandfriends (96)
  2. @realdonaldtrump (71)
  3. @whitehouse (49)
  4. @foxnews (45)
  5. @potus (36)
  6. @flotus (35)
  7. @nytimes (22)
  8. @scavino45 (20)
  9. @ivankatrump (19)
  10. @vp (18)
  11. @seanhannity (17)
  12. @erictrump (12)
  13. @cnn (10)
  14. @loudobbs (9)
  15. @nbcnews (8)
  16. @foxbusiness (8)
  17. @drudge_report (7)
  18. @fema (7)
  19. @usnavy (7)
  20. @nytimes, (7)

Tweets as President 

174 tweets about Fake News

33 tweets about CNN

31 tweets about NBC

37 tweets about the New York Times

164 tweets about Fox News or Sean Hannity

98 tweets about Russia

76 tweets about Clinton

58 tweets about Obama

73 tweets about Obamacare

23 tweets about the NFL

67 tweets about deals

100 tweets about MAGA

As insane as this is, his poll numbers have been going up. It's working. 

We're already talking about it and not the myriad other bombshells that dropped this week. 

Edited by Pods

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There must have been some more shit go down in the Grand Jury with Judge Ellis yesterday.

His lawyers seem to give him the updates on the weekends.

fify

The Jong/Trump whisky tango foxtrot moments over the past two days served as a distraction for one, if not multiple bits of very bad news for Donald Trump.

Couple weeks ago, Judge Ellis raked Dreeben and other Mueller prosecutors over the coals in his Virginia courtroom as he demanded an unredacted Rosenstein memo from last August substantiating the scope of Mueller's investigation to justify the Manafort indictments before him.  Later that same day Trump stood on the stage at the NRA convention singing praises to the country about Judge Ellis for his action.

Yesterday Ellis ruled the case is going to trial.  Trump's serenade was as beneficial as a fart in a spacesuit.  Oops.

4 minutes ago, Pods said:

As insane as this is, his poll numbers have been going up. It's working. 

We're already talking about it and not the myriad other bombshells that dropped this week. 

His poll numbers going up could be a good thing.  Galvanize the voters to check him in November.

to be fair, his poll numbers have always been in the 35-45 range which is still shitty.

48 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

God, he’s so pathetic, both as a human and as a President. Why doesn’t he just do his job instead of acting like a 12 year old. I have never experienced anything like this and definitely not from someone in the highest elected office in our country. He’s a child with a mind of a spoiled insecure child. How anyone who voted for this could be proud of him, I have no idea. 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

His poll numbers going up could be a good thing.  Galvanize the voters to check him in November.

to be fair, his poll numbers have always been in the 35-45 range which is still shitty.

Narrator: It's not. Maybe turnout offsets it, but it's still a very bad thing. Dems face an avg of -12% in the Congressional elections already due to rural districts and GOP gerrymandering.  

The higher that Trump's support gets, and the longer his support stays there, the more likely this is terminal. 

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Maybe Russia would be willing to swap leaders.  I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather have President Putin than President Trump...and it's not even close.  At least Putin is smart and actually served his country, unlike Cadet Bone Spurs.

Trump is truly a waste of space.  

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Putin is way worse than Trump.

you’re nuts.

Putin isn't worse that Trump, he's just more competent at being an evil fuck.  If I'm going to war, I'd wanna be on Putin's team 100 times out of 100 over Trump.

54 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Putin isn't worse that Trump, he's just more competent at being an evil fuck.  If I'm going to war, I'd wanna be on Putin's team 100 times out of 100 over Trump.

Subversion can only be successful when the agent of subversion has a receptive target.  

The United States is receptive of subversion.  

The theory of subversion originated from Sun-Tzu over 2,500 years ago. (500 B.C.) 

To implement state policy in a warlike manner, it is inefficient/foolish to do it on a battlefield. 

The highest art of warfare is not to fight at all, but to subvert. 

Subvert anything of value in the country of your enemy until such time that the perception of reality is so screwed up they don't percieve you as an enemy.  

They enemy looks to you as an alternative where you can take them without firing a single shot.

-KGB Theory 101

I’m just saying looking at Putin in a favorable light to what we have now is basically the whole goal.

He’s a bigger POS than Trump and it’s not close.  He murders and jails journalists and his political opponents.  Not to mention all the corruption.  He truly is a fascist dictator.  You might as well tell me you’d prefer Hitler to Trump because he actually got shit done.

It’s ludicrous.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You might as well tell me you’d prefer Hitler to Trump because he actually got shit done. 

Hitler and Trump are about the same in my mind...and before anyone gets all huffy, I'm talking about the man, not the actions.  I'm talking 1933 Hitler, when he first came to power...up to then, the only real differences between them is that one started out poor and served in the military, while the other....well.

Can you guarantee that given the time and power, Trump would never turn out like Hitler?  No, but you can guarantee that he will never be like Putin.  Trump doesn't have the cunning, tact, political skill, or intelligence to become Putin.

So, my point about wanting Putin over Trump is that if the world were split in 2 and one side got Putin and the other got Trump, I would run for the Putin side, because if we're going to war I want to have a guy in charge that actually knows what he's doing.

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Obama played about 300 rounds of golf over 8 years, and Trump is more than a third of the way there after a little over a year.  Yet all the people who regularly criticized Obama for playing golf are still silent. 

It's almost like they were totally full of shit.

• Like 4

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/389528-msnbcs-wallace-stops-reading-trump-tweets-on-air-these-are-boldface-lies

MSNBC's Nicole Wallace stops reading Trump tweets on air: 'These are boldface lies'

MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace cut herself off mid-sentence while reading President Trump’s tweets on-air Friday, calling them "boldface lies."

“I’m not reading anymore of this,” Wallace said with a laugh. “These are boldface lies and as his audacity and his sort of fantasies expand, I wonder what role you think the truth plays in this for any of them."

Wallace had been reading a series of the president's tweets in which he again attacked the FBI's use of an informant during his campaign, suggesting the agency used a top-secret spy to monitor his team before it began its investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Trump also accused Democrats of planting the informant in his campaign “for the sole purpose of political advantage and gain.”

"The Democrats are now alluding to the the concept that having an Informant placed in an opposing party’s campaign is different than having a Spy, as illegal as that may be," he tweeted. "But what about an 'Informant' who is paid a fortune and who 'sets up' way earlier than the Russian Hoax?"

"Can anyone even imagine having Spies placed in a competing campaign, by the people and party in absolute power, for the sole purpose of political advantage and gain?" he wrote in a second tweet. "And to think that the party in question, even with the expenditure of far more money, LOST!"No evidence has emerged that the FBI spied on Trump's campaign. The informant, identified in media reports as Stefan Halper, is an American academic who reportedly met with at least Trump three advisers in 2016. 

• Like 1

What is it with the right and MS-13? They have been holding them out as an all-powerful boogeyman since the Dubya administration. Back then they were trying to sell us on the idea that they were going to help Al-Qaeda smuggle a dirty bomb or three into America and 'splode some of our cities because...just because they hated our freedom or something.

Mara Salvatrucha are scumbags but their evil has a logic. They want money and power they get their money and power through shaking down their fellow Salvadorans. Yes, they are scary looking, and yes they are horrendously brutal in enforcing gang discipline, but they are no threat to the American Way of Life. Arrest, prosecute, jail, deport, even execute 'em that have it comin', but don't try to use them as a boogeyman to tar the reputations of the hundreds of thousands of people who just happen to share their nations of birth -- Honduras and El Salvador .

I've lived alongside MS-13 in Houston for decades. I once even got drawn into an MS-13 murder in Nashville -- I tried and failed to help police solve it. (I saw the killer at a Sonic but didn't know he was the killer until hours later. They got him eventually. Long story and I will elaborate if forced to.) 

My point is this is classic boogeyman material and it's an old game. There must be some holdover from the Bush II admin advising Trump to run with this angle because there's nothing new to it. It also smacks of the fearmongering during the Obama admin that the right was putting out about ISIS entering into a coalition with the Mexican drug cartels, who were supposedly helping them sneak into America so they could...what, ignite dirty bombs and destroy the cartels' markets? Sorry, morons, if the cartels caught ISIS dudes sneaking through their territory with that thought in mind, they would end up in a caldo pot with Julio from the wrong cartel. The cartels are evil and brutal but they absolutely have no interest in helping out Islamic fanatics. 

Evil: there is a logic to it. ISIS and Al Qaeda's don't match MS-13's and the Mexican drug cartels'. And there is a logic to the evil that is this adminstration's demonization of MS-13, too. I just can't quite figure out what that is yet.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Can you guarantee that given the time and power, Trump would never turn out like Hitler? 

Guarantee? No

but there is a big difference between Hitler and Trump that makes me think Trump wouldn’t turn out like Hitler.

Hitler actually believed in his cause and ideology for Germany.

Trump has no ideology except to enrich himself and his family through the abuse of state power.

Trump doesn’t want to expand the United States or spread our culture. In fact, the opposite is true.  As far as I can tell, he wants to retreat from the world and turn us into something like the former Soviet Union.  An atheist nation of strong workers with an amoral corrupt centralized power structure.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz