Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Yo, Trumpkins!  What’s worse?  Kneeling for the national anthem to protest police violence, or standing on the bodies of fallen soldiers to sing your own praises?
If the active military personnel and their families on my FB feed are any indicator, Trump lost some backers yesterday.

That was the last straw? A tweet on Memorial Day?

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It seems to be the tweet that broke through the cognitive dissonance of some of his previously ardent supporters *shrugs*

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How can you not love Ivanka - from her fake little nose, her bleached blonde hair, her green colored contact lenses to her Asian sweatshops, her campaigning for Devin Nunes and her ability to be Jewish and an anti-Semite at the very same time.

Green contact lenses?  Fredo, you broke my heart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The olds and military personnel/vets tend to hold Memorial Day as a pretty sacred day.  They also understand the difference between Memorial Day and Veteran's Day.

Like Goredho, I saw similar types in my family commenting on FB, folks who were either fans of Trump, or didn't have much of a problem with him.  They were not pleased that Trump couldn't restrain himself.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The olds and military personnel/vets tend to hold Memorial Day as a pretty sacred day.  They also understand the difference between Memorial Day and Veteran's Day.

Like Goredho, I saw similar types in my family commenting on FB, folks who were either fans of Trump, or didn't have much of a problem with him.  They were not pleased that Trump couldn't restrain himself.

Yeah, the consensus was no matter what you thought of Reagan, the Bushes, Clinton or Obama, they at least had the basic human decency to treat Memorial Day with the solemnity it deserves.

40 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Actually, that's the perfect use of the metaphor. Accumulation of small offenses until, at last, the small offense of being a bore on Memorial Day makes somebody shake his head and say, Ya basta!

The electorate is mostly moved by the irrelevant and the emotional. Disrespect the flag by kneeling, you are a bad person who hates America, firefighters, soldiers, and Betsy Ross. Dis the soldiers who have served, we don't cotton to that.

Who cares if he's undermining the structures of the Republic and cutting deals with foreign governments that enrich himself at the cost of America's interests? He fingered a few bimbos? Who cares? But you tweet about the soldiers, now that ain't right.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, here. But this guy is some piece of work. It pleases me to see his panic tweets today.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

China approves 5 patents for Ivanka, two days later they pledge $500 Million to build a theme park next to a Trump property in Indonesia, three days later Trump announces he's going bail out sanctioned ZTE. I'm sure it's all just a big coincidence. 

There sure are a lot of strange coincidences with this administration. 

Really wish a Trumpkin would explain this one to me.  The President is being bribed in broad daylight.

1 hour ago, retread said:

At what point does undermining the Special Counsel become obstruction?

My non-legal, gut reasoning:

I think at the point that a) it involves his presidential powers, or b) he compels others to not cooperate in good faith with the investigation. 

So, no, I don't think making public statements qualify, even if the intent is undermine political support for Mueller.  Consider the alternative where no one can speak ill of investigators lest it is construed as obstruction.  I have a right to call cops corrupt.  So does Trump.  It is absurd because he is President, but I don't see it as illegal. 

Where it gets grey is when the frequency of his comments implies a criteria for good or poor performance for those working under him, because that involves his presidential powers to hire, fire, promote, or demote.  When that becomes more than just an implication, I think it is clearly obstruction.  Firing Comey is clearly obstruction to me, unless Trump can somehow argue that the way Comey investigated Flynn was incompetent.  I think trying to get other intel agencies/leads to denounce the investigation is obstruction, because it is using his position to interfere with the investigation.  I think his criticism of Sessions for recusing himself would qualify if he tried to get Sessions to reverse course and take over the investigation. If he dangled any pardons to potential witnesses it would be obstruction.  Likewise if he pressured Ukraine to stop its investigation into Manafort.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Didn't he just tweet that he was too busy with everything else? And in case we've forgotten, he's President. 

Good lord. Every tweet truly is a confession. “the most highly sophisticated & dishonest Disinformation Campaign in the history of politics.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Didn't he just tweet that he was too busy with everything else? And in case we've forgotten, he's President. 

Fuck him.  And all his supporters.  Hell, it came out this morning that over 4000 people died from Hurricane Maria (and much of Puerto Rico) still has no power.  But this is what those fucksticks are concerned with.  If the dotard spent 1% of his anger on behalf of his constituents instead of his narcissistic fantasies maybe something could actually get accomplished.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

It seems like you've been saying this every day for the last several weeks.  WHY NOT DONE?

My prediction over the last few weeks is big development by June 1st, which is Friday.

I still stand by that prediction but could be wrong.

6 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Trump only has one constituent.

A five word sentence that captures everything about this admin perfectly.

This country and everyone in it are merely playthings to him, important only for the moments and to the extent they can feed his narcissism.  Period, full stop.

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I noticed the edit but wanted to reply to it.  It’s good the media doesn’t report on this too much because by doing so, they are only propagating Trump’s talking point.  This is how trump operates. He’s a media manipulator.  I even feel guilty posting his tweets here because I am just pushing his false messages as well.  

It’s a trap because he’s president of the United States and to ignore the statements of the President is to undermine the office itself, in a way.

I hope no one stole any frozen strawberries from the WH Mess. We could be up all night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The President of the United States has just released an official statement saying that the Special Counsel will interfere in the midterm elections.  Cool cool.

I keep thinking back to "Nice Guy Eddie's" prescient post last week. Trump continues to valid it - inch by inch, step by step.

Trump's words are starting to go into a much darker place.  He's always complained about Hillary or Comey or Mueller, etc., etc.  Now he is full-on attacking the US govt as against him and, in proxy, against the ~50% of the nation who voted for him.    He is basically saying that the deep state is or wants to remove him and democracy out of the US.  

If someone was to ever stage a coup against the US govt from the White House, this is the process you would take.  First discredit the media as liars.  Second, discredit the established administration as the deep state.   Finally if and when Congress or even just the House turns blue, Trump will discredit them as the unduly elected.   If you believe Trump and assume all the above is true, then you would want and even expect Trump to ignore the Constitution and assume complete control of the govt?  He would be the hero in that story and not the villain. 

I'm not saying that this is Trump's end game but if someone wanted to assume a dictatorship of the US, this is how a civilian would go about it. 

Trump is already in the deep end on Nice Guy Eddie's first and second steps. Now, he is starting to dip his toe into the third.

Scary times.

Edited by yoladu

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The President of the United States has just released an official statement saying that the Special Counsel will interfere in the midterm elections.  Cool cool.

Link?  I can't keep up with this moron.

Trump is projecting so much on Twitter, I keep expecting a tweet like this. 

jhry3w1s_ixf1su_1o0sp0z.png

In case it’s not clear, this is fake. I’m just saying that I’m expecting such a tweet at some point, because he projects far too much when he’s on the shitter. 

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

37 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Which tweet?

The 13 Angry Democrats (plus people who worked 8 years for Obama) working on the rigged Russia Witch Hunt, will be MEDDLING with the mid-term elections, especially now that Republicans (stay tough!) are taking the lead in Polls. There was no Collusion, except by the Democrats!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 29, 2018

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump is projecting so much on Twitter, I keep expecting a tweet like this. 

jhry3w1s_ixf1su_1o0sp0z.png

Isn't this abuse of power? The Executive Branch prosecutes and the executive is making public statements about who the police should round up. 

The Roman Republic was transformed by the abuse of power wielded by Marius and Sulla. Their bloody, greedy claims were made with proscription lists of citizens to be prosecuted then executed (often the prosecution part was skipped). Some could commit suicide and their families might retain some of their property otherwise it all went to the state.

You can't have a president doing this.

Edited by RomaVicta

21 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Looks like Trump/Russia is getting a break from the news cycle courtesy of Roseanne. 

So Trump goes on a Twitter rant, then the Roseanne cancellation takes all the attention away. 

Coincidence?

Yep.  It was pretty safe to say Roseanne was going to do something stupid at some point that crossed some line that Disney had.

50 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Isn't this abuse of power? The Executive Branch prosecutes and the executive is making public statements about who the police should round up. 

The Roman Republic was transformed by the abuse of power wielded by Marius and Sulla. Their bloody, greedy claims were made with proscription lists of citizens to be prosecuted then executed (often the prosecution part was skipped). Some could commit suicide and their families might retain some of their property otherwise it all went to the state.

You can't have a president doing this.

Sorry I wasn't clear - that was a tweet I was expecting, not one that he had made.

That's the thing though - he was publicly calling for Hillary to be arrested while he was campaigning, and even after entering office, he still loves it when the crowd cheers "lock her up", and he's whined incessantly about why she isn't being investigated/prosecuted over emails, uranium, etc.

All of his twitter comments....you could argue that he is trying to undermine an active investigation, but he and his defenders would claim he was just airing his opinion, and honestly I doubt anybody in power in Washington wants to expend time and energy on his twitter rants, not when there is an investigation that is causing him to lose his shit on twitter.

But there is a line that he has shown he doesn't have the guts to cross.  Somebody has beat it into his head not to go on a firing spree.  It's clear that he desperately wants to, but he hasn't crossed that line.  I don't know who is keeping him in check.

4 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Trump feels like the second coming of Andrew Johnson...only more petulant. 

Right down to the disgraceful kids. One of AJ's kids was running hos in and out of his White House bedroom while Johnson would be trying to have Cabinet meetings. I think all three of his sons were drunks, which would be preferable to the gruesome twosome Donald spawned. 

47 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Looks like Trump/Russia is getting a break from the news cycle courtesy of Roseanne. 

So Trump goes on a Twitter rant, then the Roseanne cancellation takes all the attention away. 

Coincidence?

Wait until he rants about the Roseanne rant. A rant within a rant within a rant.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Right down to the disgraceful kids. One of AJ's kids was running hos in and out of his White House bedroom while Johnson would be trying to have Cabinet meetings. I think all three of his sons were drunks, which would be preferable to the gruesome twosome Donald spawned. 

Trump also has a lot of the same personality characteristics as Wilhelm II.  The Kaiser was a bully who frequently lied about stupid things and generally acted like a child.  He believed he was much smarter than he actually was.  I've been reading Dreadnought the last few weeks and the similarities between them are striking.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yep.  It was pretty safe to say Roseanne was going to do something stupid at some point that crossed some line that Disney had.

It takes a special kind of brilliance to go from having nothing going on, to having a hit show, to getting everybody canned with a tweet.  As of today, she may be the Republican front runner for 2020 should Trump be unable to leave his cell. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1