Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

28 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

What do you think is racist about it?

It’s no secret which community would benefit most from prison reform.  

If Trump was really racist he wouldn’t be pursing it. 

He has Jared on it. His only qualification is that he married Ivanka. Jared is on it is the new “check is in the mail”. 

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

He's so racist his son in law personally helped work on prison reform bill.  That sonofabitch.  I think at this point it's a given that he'll improve quite a bit on the Black vote in 2020. 

He’s son-in-law’s dad is very acquainted with the inside of a prison cell. 

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

It's hard for Trumpkins to come to grips with the fact that they support a really bad human being.

it is indisputable that anyone who supports trump at this juncture at this point is a traitor.  i can see how some people would be hesitant to admit that about themselves, at least publicly.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s son-in-law’s dad is very acquainted with the inside of a prison cell. 

And???  This is a policy change that Trump supports that is almost universally seen as a positive.  Who cares how it came to be a priority if it happens?  Plenty of negatives about Trump, obviously, don't need to put shitty spin on every single thing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The treatment of these children should be a huge campaign issue.

1. Personal income

2. Healthcare

3. Home price

4. 401(k)

1,987. Immigrant Children being ripped from families. 

That’s just who we are now.  It won’t be an issue. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

No drama!

Trump actually likes the leaks.  He loves the drama of infighting among his own staff.

The leaks help take the heat off of his own malfeasance.

Moreover, if he wants to find out what’s going on behind the scenes in his own White House, all he has to do is pick up a newspaper.

It’s actually kinda genius when you’re staff is made up of degenerate back stabbers. 

And???  This is a policy change that Trump supports that is almost universally seen as a positive.  Who cares how it came to be a priority if it happens?  Plenty of negatives about Trump, obviously, don't need to put shitty spin on every single thing. 

Trump also supported better background checks, raise the age to purchase guns and other gun reform. What happened to that? He’s full of hot air. There will be no actual progress on it unless it benefits him.
  • Like 1

The treatment of these children should be a huge campaign issue.

It should. But it won’t. Trumps hard core supporters see these kids as ‘animals.’ They shouldn’t have committed the crime of crossing the border illegally.

Yep.  Trump throws out a ton of bullshit, and his supporters crow about what he's promised, and then he flips his position 180 degrees and they all move on from the old news.  It's just a way of avoiding the news cycle.   Remember when Trump promised the Dreamers they had nothing to worry about, or when he promised to accept whatever bipartisan deal was struck on immigration and he'd "take the heat"?  Got a couple of nice days of press before rejected a few bipartisan deals and leaving the Dreamers in the lurch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sachick said:

It should. But it won’t. Trumps hard core supporters see these kids as ‘animals.’ They shouldn’t have committed the crime of crossing the border illegally.

Yep. "They came to took er jobbbs" jpeg goes here. They were just gonna come on up & steal those jobs at the beautiful, clean coal mines. 

Lighten up, Francis.

Post you quoted was a response to the point that Jared had no background in the important area of prison reform. He in fact does have experience because his daddy is a convicted felon (for now).

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

It’s not a reach when he has a history on twitter of avoiding subjects that don’t fit his racist narrative. 

To my knowledge he has never tweeted about James Shaw Jr. He waited several weeks to place a private call. That's the sort of thing you do because your handlers convince you that you should really say something. I don't think he ever tweeted out to his base that an unarmed black man is a hero. 

He didn’t and the call was 3 weeks later. 

"The conversation was a little lackluster, to be honest with you," James Shaw Jr. told TMZ in an interview released Wednesday. "I know he's very busy with what's going on in the world. And like I said, I did this for no recognition at all, so I do thank him for calling me out of his busy schedule."

Shaw noted that the conversation was "brief and straight to the point."

I’m sure it was brief because he had Hannity on the other line. 

Edited by 4th&Five

The tragedy is Trump could have been great.  He could have shook up the system for the right reasons and made some real positive changes.  I was very willing to give him an opportunity to lead after the election but his true colors are just too dark to overcome.

A huge opportunity was squandered by electing this outsider.

SAD!

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

28 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The tragedy is Trump could have been great.  He could have shook up the system for the right reasons and made some real positive changes.  I was very willing to give him an opportunity to lead after the election but his true colors are just too dark to overcome.

SAD!

I was in this camp too, but it went off the rails so quickly I realized there was no hope for him.

12 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I was in this camp too, but it went off the rails so quickly I realized there was no hope for him.

His biggest mistake was letting the Bannons and Millers dictate his policy.  He also gave the GOP Congress too much leeway to do whatever they wanted legislatively.

He capitulated to partisan politics way too much and ingnored the reality that he didn’t need to bow to any of them because he had already reached the top of the mountain.

The system ate him alive.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

His biggest mistake was letting the Bannons and Millers dictate his policy.  He also gave the GOP Congress too much leeway to do whatever they wanted legislatively.

He capitulated to partisan politics way too much and ingnored the reality that he didn’t need to bow to any of them because he had already reached the top of the mountain.

The system ate him alive.

Eh... He's always been a complete piece of shit.

That's like thinking a thief had the chance to be Santa Claus... Sure, it COULD happen...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

SAD!

Clearly you're an optimist.  I knew a Trump presidency would turn out just like it has.  You don't have to be a psychic to know DJT would never work for the common good...he's way too self-centered.  It was always going to be just about him and he can NEVER be wrong about anything. 

He's a fat, boorish bully who was lucky enough to be born filthy rich.  If he'd been born poor, he'd either be in prison, dead, or a Trumpkin in rural WV

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Is he asking why Obama didn't do something about something that didn't happen?

That's precisely the point.

If something DID happen, why didn't Obama do something about it?

If nothing happened, and all this bullshit was just a reaction to Hillary losing, then we have the real answer.

44 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

SAD!

Trump got into politics to make money and build his brand--everything he does is for his pocket, even when he plays golf.  Remember when the Obama's would show up at community service events?   Not going to happen with this administration.  Trump's mission was accomplished as soon as he won the presidency along with a Republican Congress laser focused on the same goals.  

8 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

I love that Trump sends a letter to a teacher, and she returns it citing grammatical errors, and in the process makes grammatical errors of her own. 

The old "your an idiot" type of response.  She had one job to do!

You're an idiot. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

That's precisely the point.

If something DID happen, why didn't Obama do something about it?

If nothing happened, and all this bullshit was just a reaction to Hillary losing, then we have the real answer.

I dunno, because there'a whole government apparatus built on checks and balances as well as investigative units?  Coming from the faux outraged tan suit crowd, this is rich.  Obama was in a damned either way situation.  The Republicans and Trump call for blood with a public Trump Russia investigation, especially since this would feed into Trump's rigged election narrative.   

Ya'll like to pretend that Obama had unlimited power and wasn't stonewalled his last year.  Otherwise, gotta love the argument that if Trump was allowed to run a racist,  Communist funded campaign, it's Obama's fault rather than the corrupt RNC that not only enabled and fed it but is still defending it. 

Your point is lazy, revisionist history based on we get to say stupid shit and any disagreement is fake news.  Every Republican candidate and Paul Ryan acknowledged Trump was corrupt and they still looked the other way.  If any group allowed this fat, pile of fetid puss to get elected, it is the party that Trump currently represents.  This is your party--own it, every single corrupt act.  

• Like 5

His son and everybody around him will be indicted and he will be recommended by Mueller for an impeachment trial and a post presidential indictment. 

This is coming, with absolute certainty! Just you wait .