Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

44 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

Just wants to imitate Daddy, again...

that little turd turned into this big turd...

Forced Off Duke’s Varsity Golf Team, Giuliani’s Son Files a Lawsuit

His dad made it big in politics, but Andrew Giuliani’s dreams veer toward a career as a professional golfer, he explained as he smacked golf balls Thursday on Randalls Island, which is one reason, he said, that he sued Duke University and its head golf coach for pushing him off the varsity team this spring.

Mr. Giuliani, 22, is the older of the two children of former Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani of New York and his ex-wife, Donna Hanover.

On Wednesday, the younger Mr. Giuliani filed a lawsuit in federal court in Durham, N.C. It accuses the university of bad faith by aggressively recruiting him to play golf for Duke and then dashing his dreams by taking steps to remove him from the team.

In the suit, Andrew Giuliani is asking for damages and for the right to use Duke’s golf center for the rest of his life, as he said he was promised when he was recruited to play for the school.

In the lawsuit, he acknowledged that he may have misbehaved in February when he tossed an apple in a teammate’s face, flipped his putter a few feet, threw and broke a club and gunned his engine in a parking lot.

Rather than “quibble” about those details, Andrew Giuliani said that he had apologized, and that his conduct paled next to the “bizarre” treatment he said he received from the school once a new golf coach, Orrin Daniel Vincent III, took over the program last summer.

He said he was summarily told in February that he was no longer eligible to play and was given no chance to defend himself. His one chance to keep his spot, he said he was told, would be if he persuaded every teammate to write that they wanted him on the team, and why.

That demand was near impossible, he said, in light of the coach’s plans to shrink the roster, pitting players against one another.

An e-mail message to Andrew Giuliani from five of the players, dated April 9, explained that they preferred that he leave the team. “The coaches have had no part in this,” they wrote.

On Randalls Island on Thursday, he concentrated on his swings and thanked his supporters. Asked who they were, he named his mother; his stepfather, Edwin A. Oster; schoolmates; and others who had written to Duke on his behalf.

Asked if his famous father had helped, he said, “I love my father very much, but I decided not to get him involved for numerous reasons.” His mother then cut the interview short.

A spokeswoman for Rudolph Giuliani, Sunny Mindel, said he would have no comment, calling the case “a private matter.”

3 hours ago, F250 said:

This is what cleared the path for Trump. McCain must know he is partially responsible for creating the environment that ushered in the Trump era.

Reagan started it when he brought guys like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson in and gave them a voice in the party. Prior to that the GOP was secular. Reagan unwittingly started the movement.

Bush 41 wasn't an evangelical but his idiot son was and he was enlisted to campaign for him in order to win that crowd. That idiot son later won the presidency and was exactly the wrong guy to have in charge when the country was attacked by Islamic terrorists. To his credit, other than foolishly uttering the word "crusade" to describe our response, he made it clear that we weren't at war with Islam. I think it's clear that's not the message supported by Republican voters today.

By the time McCain ran, the evangelicals were entrenched. He wanted to run with Lieberman but made the calculation, probably the correct one from the purely political standpoint of getting votes, that he had to have someone on the ticket to appeal to the evangelicals because he didn't. He doesn't speak that language. That's also how we got Mike Pence. 

I've been watching this trend for nearly forty years.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

I hope Putin plays the pee tape on the Jumbotron during the WC Final. 

I know plenty of us WANT this to happen, but the horrible truth is that Trump is the perfect Putin puppet right now, and there is zero chance Putin will cut him loose.

http://kuow.org/post/immigrant-moms-seatac-prison-could-hear-their-children-screaming

“In most cases, they were taken into a different room like, ‘Here we’re going take your photograph,’” said U.S. Rep. Pramila Jayapal. “Then after the photo was taken, they were taken to a different room from their child. So they never got to say goodbye.”

They could hear their children screaming in the other room, Jayapal said.

“Screaming for their moms, asking for their moms. And they had to sit there and listen to that and still not be able to see them or hold them.”

Jayapal was able meet with some of the 177 women detained inside the jail. She said she was the first person to meet with many of these women; a few have also met with attorneys from the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project.

“Unless they ask for an attorney, they don’t get given one,” she said.

Jayapal said about half of the women had their children taken away. These women were waiting at the border to seek asylum when they were separated from their children.

Jorge Baron, the executive director of the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project, said he was also able to meet with women who had turned themselves in to Border Patrol seeking protection.

Two mothers were separated from their daughters, ages 11 and 15.

"They told me about walking into this room and at some point the officials said, you mother go this way and daughter you go the other way – and no warning that they were about to be separated, no chance to say goodbye," Baron said. "That was the last time these mothers had seen their daughters, about four weeks ago."

This is who we are now.  We are evil.   And this is just enraging.

• Like 2

We can be better than this.  More than half the country is already better than this, and a good chunk of the rest can be reached. Very few people are one way or the other.  It's a matter of bringing out the good in people who aren't being very good right now. 

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

I don't know what's worse. That this is happening, or that people aren't in the streets rioting about this happening in our country.

Definitely the latter.  There will always be evil fucks in the world.  But our silence in the face of evil is the real danger.  

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Wait a sec.  if he thinks Ukraine is the most corrupt country in the world, why in the fuck would he hire to lead his campaign a guy who was neck deep in the corruption?  He's a god damned moron.

None of his supporters pick up on this stuff.  They process each Trump statement one at a time, in each case coming to the conclusion that he’s right.  They lack either memory of his past contradictory statements or the logical circuitry necessary to compare his latest claim against his past claims.  To them, logic is unimportant.  Truth is determined by one criterion: did Trump say it?  As a result, they willingly believe all manner of mutually exclusive proposition pairs, and vacillate between defending a statement and opposing it depending on what Trump’s latest position is.

It would be quite amusing to watch such basic neural malfunction in real time, if it weren’t for the terrifying fact that these people vote.  

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

Definitely the latter.  There will always be evil fucks in the world.  But our silence in the face of evil is the real danger.  

Yep. The last real movement, at least to the lowered American standards, was the one against banks after the loan debacle (Occupy Wall Street). Before that was protests against the 2003 Iraq war? We are a very docile people. People riot if you take away one vacation day in other countries, and we willingly turn any and all cheeks.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

920x920.jpg

apparently the quote is from the art of the deal. JFC.

oh, also, this is from a detention center where we house children taken away from their parents seeking refuge in the united states. welcome to america, right this way.

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I don't know what's worse. That this is happening, or that people aren't in the streets rioting about this happening in our country.

I don't think it's going to be much longer before this happens.  I am quite literally discussing a trip to Brownsville with friends -- the question is "what can we do, how can we be effective"?

Although this particular near-pacifist wouldn't know which end of a rifle to hold, I'm getting real fucking close to going to McBride's and finding one that fits.  This is absolutely un-American, un-acceptable, and approaching time for serious physical action, because nobody's listening, nobody's reading, it's all getting ignored and that's when the real shit goes down.

• Like 1

We can remain as pacifists and effect change. Thankfully, the situation hasn't deteriorated to that extent. We have to force these discussion outside of CNN/Fox and into each home and cubicle. American politicians are the most spineless and gutless beings. They are the flotsam that requires a wave to go anywhere. We have to be the wave.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

920x920.jpg

apparently the quote is from the art of the deal. JFC.

Somebody needs to put in a FOI request to find out who ordered it? who designed it? how much it costs? etc. 

This is straight up fucking creepy dictator shit. And the context of where it is, is unconscionable. 

"Hi kids, I just ripped you away from your parents! Looks like I won this battle! Fuck You - Donald Trump - King of the United States of America" 

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't think it's going to be much longer before this happens.  I am quite literally discussing a trip to Brownsville with friends -- the question is "what can we do, how can we be effective"?

Although this particular near-pacifist wouldn't know which end of a rifle to hold, I'm getting real fucking close to going to McBride's and finding one that fits.  This is absolutely un-American, un-acceptable, and approaching time for serious physical action, because nobody's listening, nobody's reading, it's all getting ignored and that's when the real shit goes down.

Volunteer for the campaign of a decent person and VOTE. 

I seem to remember a million women marching the day after the inauguration in one of the best peaceful protests I’ve seen.

We’re not as docile as we might think.

This policy change to separate children from their parents is intended to outrage people and lead to violence.  It’s a Stephen Miller active measures special.  We’ve seen it before but not this overtly.  

There needs to be a reckoning in the midterms.  There really is no other way.

Yeah, we can be altruistic and go grass roots and try to get people to vote and all that stuff we were taught in 5th grade Civics class.

Meanwhile, DOTUS is painting fucking murals of himself on the walls of child prisons.

Do you people not see the disconnect?  He is following the fucking COOKBOOK.  At some point it becomes imperative that those who have a moral compass and a sense of what this country is about stop hoping that our laws and our Constitution are sufficient to hold back the floodwaters.  It might be time to start shoveling sand, or at least make a plan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

album18b.jpg

it's closer to this than we might think, i'm somewhat fearful to think.

trump has found his "other" and that is the immigrant. it started with the muslim ban, and is exemplified by this policy of ripping families apart to make it clear who is in charge of shit here in the united states of trump. this is how it always starts. attacks on the free press are also ringing alarm bells in my head.

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I've never been more discouraged by what's going on in the country. I'm not sure there is anything he can do to have his party turn on him. The most recent primaries show that those who oppose him lose in the GOP primary. There's not a Republican running for office that dares to speak out for fear of losing at the ballot box. His antics have become the norm. My hope at this point is that November elections will flip both houses of Congress. If that doesn't happen I'm not sure we'll even recognize our country come 2020.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

it's closer to this than we might think, i'm somewhat fearful to think.

trump has found his "other" and that is the immigrant. it started with the muslim ban, and is exemplified by this policy of ripping families apart to make it clear who is in charge of shit here in the united states of trump. this is how it always starts.

He found the perfect foil.  Brown, powerless, and desperate or oblivious enough to run straight into the mouth of the monster. 

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I seem to remember a million women marching the day after the inauguration in one of the best peaceful protests I’ve seen.

We’re not as docile as we might think.

This policy change to separate children from their parents is intended to outrage people and lead to violence.  It’s a Stephen Miller active measures special.  We’ve seen it before but not this overtly.  

There needs to be a reckoning in the midterms.  There really is no other way.

This is right.  So how do we do it?  How do we convince people - especially moderate conservatives and religious right types - to vote a straight blue ticket in November?  We need a thread to brainstorm on how to beat Trump and the GOP in 2020.

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

This is right.  So how do we do it?  How do we convince people - especially moderate conservatives and religious right types - to vote a straight blue ticket in November?  We need a thread to brainstorm on how to beat Trump and the GOP in 2020.

Democrats should run on checks and balances as their number one issue because it really is the most important issue at the moment.

Dems need to drop the hardline anti-abortion thing.  The single-issue abortion block is the same group of people most likely to find Trump’s child concentration camp disgusting.  Promise moderation on abortion and gun control, and start hammering Trump on his narcissism and cruelty.

• Like 1

Now that’s all what CANDIDATES should do. But what should we, the intelligent and internet-savvy regular joes do?  

Start dialogues with reasonable conservatives who feel they have no choice but the GOP?

Persuade moderates that Trump is cancer and voting straight blue is the short-term chemo we need to save the US?

Start a meme campaign comparing Trump to the Antichrist?  (I’m shocked this doesn’t exist yet - he checks those boxes).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

Now that’s all what CANDIDATES should do. But what should we, the intelligent and internet-savvy regular joes do?  

Start dialogues with reasonable conservatives who feel they have no choice but the GOP?

Persuade moderates that Trump is cancer and voting straight blue is the short-term chemo we need to save the US?

Start a meme campaign comparing Trump to the Antichrist?  (I’m shocked this doesn’t exist yet - he checks those boxes).

Endangered species and fading fast.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

President Donald Trump told G7 leaders that Crimea is Russian because everyone who lives there speaks Russian, according to two diplomatic sources.

My lifelong dream to be British has apparently become reality!!!!

PS - FUCK TRUMP.  That mural is fucking haunting.  And I would tell Lindsay Graham to eat a dick but he would actually enjoy that.

All you motherfuckers better get out and volunteer for candidates who oppose this Trumpian horseshit slowly strangling our nation.  And y'all better vote.  And get your like minded friends to vote.  DO SOMETHING!  For the first time since November 2016, I actually feel something akin to fear.

I'm starting to feel all Briskety and I don't like it.  No sir.  Not one little bit.

This orange beast needs to be stopped.  And his conspirators and collaborators need to go right along with him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Dems need to drop the hardline anti-abortion thing.  The single-issue abortion block is the same group of people most likely to find Trump’s child concentration camp disgusting.  Promise moderation on abortion and gun control, and start hammering Trump on his narcissism and cruelty.

What is "moderation on abortion"?