Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

My friends that have reason to follow this shit have all supported the corporate tax cuts and some of the lesser known facets. I can’t even remember the details.  But they all claim it’s going to be huge at bringing money and growth back. I will text my best friend, who is a big wig at EY in Houston to ask him the details. We were both several beers deep fishing in the Laguna Madre when he explained it to me. 
They weren’t discussing about the cuts to individuals. They all said that wouldn’t do shit.  But there very bullish on the corporate cuts and it wasn’t the rate cut. It was some other shit. 

A conservative estimate shows that Trump will increase our annual deficit from $585b to $833b, a jump of 42%. These tax cuts were not done strategically and will be at the expense of future taxpayers, because it has not and will not lead to any real growth.

Additionally, it appears Trump is steering us to disaster by:

1) Causing instability with erratic and corrupt behavior
2) Slowing down global commerce with trade wars, increasing the likelyhood of economic downturn
3) Creating lasting structural deficits decreasing the Feds ability to respond to economic downturns
4) Gutting Obamacare without replacing it with a viable alternative leading to deaths and financial ruin
5) Abandoning the US role in supporting democracies around the world
6) Gutting environmental regulations and denying global warming which will lead to increased future costs from war, poor health, cleanup
7) Lack of coherent strategy to regulate financial markets, increasing the likelyhood and severity of an economic downturn.
8) Increasing the costs of goods and services with heavy-handed approach to immigration and trade

Did I miss anything?

3 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

A conservative estimate shows that Trump will increase our annual deficit from $585b to $833b, a jump of 42%. These tax cuts were not done strategically and will be at the expense of future taxpayers, because it has not and will not lead to any real growth.

Additionally, it appears Trump is steering us to disaster by:

1) Causing instability with erratic and corrupt behavior
2) Slowing down global commerce with trade wars, increasing the likelyhood of economic downturn
3) Creating lasting structural deficits decreasing the Feds ability to respond to economic downturns
4) Gutting Obamacare without replacing it with a viable alternative leading to deaths and financial ruin
5) Abandoning the US role in supporting democracies around the world
6) Gutting environmental regulations and denying global warming which will lead to increased future costs from war, poor health, cleanup
7) Lack of coherent strategy to regulate financial markets, increasing the likelyhood and severity of an economic downturn.
😎 Increasing the costs of goods and services with heavy-handed approach to immigration and trade

Did I miss anything?

All the dead bodies in the street.  

I voted for Trump.  Did it mostly for 2 reasons. The Supreme Court was in the balance.  One of the few things he has actually held up is the Gorsuch pick. 

I also liked his non orthodox, leaning anti interventionist foreign policy stance.  He has certainly walked that back.  We’ll see how far he goes to the standard, think tank interventionist policy. 

It's truly a shame that Corker isn't, like, a chairman of a Senate committee with subpoena power and a legitimate interest in investigating Trump's shady international finances, or a senator with power to throw control of the Senate to the other party by deciding to caucus with them, or something. It's really just such a shame that a true stand-up guy like Bob Corker can't do anything but voice his disagreement while continuing to support Trump's policies that just so happen to make him richer.

I’d wager quote a few senators can’t stand the motherfucker, but aren’t ready to retire yet.

I’m holding that once McCain and Corker are out of the picture that someone else will stand up and be the voice of reason.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Who are these federal officials separating kids from their mothers?!  No fucking way would I do that job, fuck that shit. 

But I guess “they’re just following orders.”

Like the Nazis gassing Jews during Hitler, many were good people. They just followed orders is all.

• Like 1

lol "Lots of PARENTS of Korean War vets spoke to me".

This fucking fuck just lies to lie.  For no fucking reason.

The Korean War ended 65 years ago!  If the average serviceman was in their early 20s, the vets themselves are fucking 85-90 years old themselves.

But their FUCKING PARENTS - a lot of them, in fact - begged you to get back their remains.

Can no one in the media just look him in the face and call him a liar?

Anyone?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

lol "Lots of PARENTS of Korean War vets spoke to me".

This fucking fuck just lies to lie.  For no fucking reason.

The Korean War ended 65 years ago!  If the average serviceman was in their early 20s, the vets themselves are fucking 85-90 years old themselves.

But their FUCKING PARENTS - a lot of them, in fact - begged you to get back their remains.

Can no one in the media just look him in the face and call him a liar?

Anyone?

Journalists aren’t the best at math. 

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Who are these federal officials separating kids from their mothers?!  No fucking way would I do that job, fuck that shit. 

But I guess “they’re just following orders.”

They tend to be involved in these kinds of things.

elian-gonzalez.jpg

But the biggest issue with the Korean quote is his continued use of the military as a shield for himself. If you are truly a parent of a serviceman, this should disgust you. He uses the deaths of the men and women he claims to love for a cheap win. But damn it if you kneel for the anthem. 

• Like 2

From earlier in June

CBS NEWS June 4, 2018, 2:15 PM

Democratic Sen. Jeff Merkley tried to visit an immigration detention facility in Texas over the weekend, but was soon denied access into the building. This prompted questions about what's going on behind closed doors at some of the country's detention facilities amid concerns about the separation of children from their parents who have attempted to cross the border illegally.

Merkley live-streamed his arrival at a detention facility run by the Office of Refugee Resettlement in Brownsville, Texas on Sunday, which he said was housing children who had been separated from their families at the border. During Merkley's live stream, the senator introduced himself to guards outside the building, identifying himself as a member of Congress and asking for permission to enter. The windows at the facility appeared to be blacked out.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/senator-jeff-merkley-barred-brownsville-texas-detention-center-refugee-children-2018-06-04/

3 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Guess there was something to that former Wal Marts as prison camps meme.  

This is okay. The worry was the black guy was going to do it to poor white people. This is a good white guy doing it to evil brown people. Animals!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Guess there was something to that former Wal Marts as prison camps meme.  

It's fucking sickening that we do this, it's even more sickening that there are millions of people in this country who have absolutely no problem with this because "THEY SHOULDN'T BE BREAKIN' THE LAWWWWW"

19 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If things don't change and he makes it all the way through to the end of the term, this era, and probably several years afterward will be looked at as an incredibly bad part of American history.

Dems will probably nominate some herb like Warner and lose again in 2020. 

26 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

And....Page 228 is precisely where Johnny Sack reached FCHorn-level dishonest  hack.  

Sack is a useful idiot.  His spine is like a 8 day old banana.  He has infantigo of the brain.

He's not worth engaging.  Point, laugh, shake your head and then put him on ignore

4 hours ago, Pods said:

I can understand liking those things, but are you not concerned that Trump is a chronic liar and likely criminal, even setting aside any of the Russia stuff? Look at how Trump is shitting his pants over Manafort and Cohen possibly flipping. That is not the behavior of an innocent man. 

Do his violations of the enoulments clause and corruption not concern you? Do his constant attacks on a Free Press not concern you? I suspect you like those, because of lib tears, but think about where that goes in the future if it continues. It's not a place any of us want to live and it's not the United States of America. 

In a best case, his sycophantic behavior towards Putin shows extremely questionable decision making. His alienating trade partners and allies is going to burn us for at least a decade if it isn't checked, which it won't be. 

Even throwing Russia out, there are giant red flags all over the place in this administration that people are ignoring. 

he lost me when he said he said he liked Scott Walker types.  Trump is a Scott Walker type--guess who Scott Walker enthusiastically voted for.  The Scott Walker types helped pave the way for Trumpism.  

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

wtf

Even more evidence that our president is a scumbag and his supporters would have been either gassing Jews or standing by watching it if they had lived in nazi Germany during WWII.

But yeah let’s try and understand them. Fuck that. I know what side I’m on. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

he lost me when he said he said he liked Scott Walker types.  Trump is a Scott Walker type--guess who Scott Walker enthusiastically voted for.  The Scott Walker types helped pave the way for Trumpism.  

Let me guess, Scott Walker hates minorities, gays and women.  And his policies are destroying Wisconsin.  

You aren’t worth engaging.