Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

13 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I know.

680bb8b39fe9f15cc98088ec266a456b.jpg

“I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it, Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

-President Trump

Trump's DOJ recently lost their case to block ATT's vertical merger with Time Warner. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/10/technology/att-time-warner-ruling.html

https://www.wsj.com/articles/justice-department-needs-to-regroup-after-at-t-loss-as-other-cases-loom-1528858436

I like the former Obama antitrust official in the WSJ article bragging about how Obama's admin was too wise (cowardly) to fight cases like this, even though everyone knows the public will suffer from these kind of mergers.  With friends like these...

Edited by Fozzz

Just now, TornACL said:

Is there anybody on this forum who defends Trump who actually voted for him?

hahahaha, i don't think so. it's an amazing dynamic. they lay out for the man, but qualify that they did not vote for him, he just gets their unqualified support.

• Like 1

Just now, hayden_horn said:

hahahaha, i don't think so. it's an amazing dynamic. they lay out for the man, but qualify that they did not vote for him, he just gets their unqualified support.

It's like the Hannity audience.  Nobody will admit watching it, but it gets high ratings. 

Just now, Gardner Barnes said:

Seems like an easy cop out for the Trumpkins when he does some dipshit stuff huh?

i think it's more of a "suck it libs!" move. they'll never admit voting for trump. it was kind of like a dude who called into jeff ward's show yesterday stating that the more ward and clements criticize trump, the more people like him like trump. it was an illuminating moment of projection and self-ownage.

10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

It's really our only win. They voted for him but can't openly admit it in public. It is their shame that gives me some sense of a win. It's their only shame unfortunately.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

This could on for quite a while. 

its amazing how the peasants continue on fighting a war with each other while being robbed. 

and even more amazing that i dial in a few times a day to read this fucking stupidity

6 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

It's truly a shame that Corker isn't, like, a chairman of a Senate committee with subpoena power and a legitimate interest in investigating Trump's shady international finances, or a senator with power to throw control of the Senate to the other party by deciding to caucus with them, or something. It's really just such a shame that a true stand-up guy like Bob Corker can't do anything but voice his disagreement while continuing to support Trump's policies that just so happen to make him richer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

Teams take on the characteristics of their coach. They're lying. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pods said:

Not voting for Trump and supporting him now is a curious choice. He is far worse now than he had even suggested during the election. What has he done to earn your support?

Support?  I didn’t vote for him.  I am glad he beat Hillary for several reasons. And I think the left has gone boy who cried wolf regarding everything he does.  

I won’t vote for him in 2018 and will do what little I can to support him getting primaried.  I am a conservative fiscally and libertarian on social issues — so no GOP candidate really fits perfect for me.   Trump was probably the worst candidate possible.  I like Scott Walker types best.  I think Romney would have been better than Obama.  McCain sucked and likely gets us in another war. So Obama winning didn’t sting me in 2008.  

I like Trumps judicial appointments. I love what he is doing to the behemoth administrative regulatory bureaucracy.  I like the Corp tax cuts given what some pretty high powered tax experts i am friends with have told me.  So I guess that is support?  I think he’s an immoral narcissist and a buffoon.  And I would no care to spend a second with him.  

I do like how he drives the extreme left to rage and tears.  Because I pretty much don’t like those people.  

I can understand liking those things, but are you not concerned that Trump is a chronic liar and likely criminal, even setting aside any of the Russia stuff? Look at how Trump is shitting his pants over Manafort and Cohen possibly flipping. That is not the behavior of an innocent man. 

Do his violations of the enoulments clause and corruption not concern you? Do his constant attacks on a Free Press not concern you? I suspect you like those, because of lib tears, but think about where that goes in the future if it continues. It's not a place any of us want to live and it's not the United States of America. 

In a best case, his sycophantic behavior towards Putin shows extremely questionable decision making. His alienating trade partners and allies is going to burn us for at least a decade if it isn't checked, which it won't be. 

Even throwing Russia out, there are giant red flags all over the place in this administration that people are ignoring. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pods said:

I can understand liking those things, but are you not concerned that Trump is a chronic liar and likely criminal, even setting aside any of the Russia stuff? Look at how Trump is shitting his pants over Manafort and Cohen possibly flipping. That is not the behavior of an innocent man. 

Do his violations of the enoulments clause and corruption not concern you? Do his constant attacks on a Free Press not concern you? I suspect you like those, because of lib tears, but think about where that goes in the future if it continues. It's not a place any of us want to live and it's not the United States of America. 

In a best case, his sycophantic behavior towards Putin shows extremely questionable decision making. His alienating trade partners and allies is going to burn us for at least a decade if it isn't checked, which it won't be. 

Even throwing Russia out, there are giant red flags all over the place in this administration that people are ignoring.  

And that is a great post. 

The problem isn't that you thought Trump was a better alternative to HRC.  That's fine.  You won.

The problem is that you're not holding him accountable. 

It's that simple. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

"high powered tax experts"

lol fuck off

My friends that have reason to follow this shit have all supported the corporate tax cuts and some of the lesser known facets. I can’t even remember the details.  But they all claim it’s going to be huge at bringing money and growth back. I will text my best friend, who is a big wig at EY in Houston to ask him the details. We were both several beers deep fishing in the Laguna Madre when he explained it to me. 

They weren’t discussing about the cuts to individuals. They all said that wouldn’t do shit.  But there very bullish on the corporate cuts and it wasn’t the rate cut. It was some other shit. 

26 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Support?  I didn’t vote for him.  I am glad he beat Hillary for several reasons. And I think the left has gone boy who cried wolf regarding everything he does.  

I won’t vote for him in 2018 and will do what little I can to support him getting primaried.

I know if FEELS like he's running in 2018 with the way he's campaigning, but you wont find him anywhere on the ballot.