Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

10 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

JFC, let’s relax.  There’s literally zero chance Trump can make that happen. 

Two years ago I would have been 100% on board with this line of thinking.  

Unfortunately, over these past two years, it seems every time I think, "there’s literally zero chance Trump can/will (fill in the blank)...", It somehow happens.

If Obama and Hillary hadn't been so fucking effective at isolating Russia and ruining its economy with sanctions and huge domestic oil production, we probably wouldn't be in this mess. We had our boot on Putin's throat, and all through diplomacy and economic disincentives.  

Two years ago I would have been 100% on board with this line of thinking.  
Unfortunately, over these past two years, it seems every time I think, "there’s literally zero chance Trump can/will (fill in the blank)...", It somehow happens.

This. There’s literally nothing too far for his supporters. If standing on stage with an enemy leader and supporting him over our own intelligence agencies didn’t turn them off, he can do anything. Turn over our ambassadors for interrogation? Of course! What a great idea! Praise Trump! Yummy librul tears!

43 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Congress is closer to passing more sanctions on Russia now.

Of course this would just be another cover to excuse GOP congressmen from holding Trump accountable.

The same way the first round of sanctions was.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there some sanctions Congress passed that are still sitting on a shelf somewhere because Trump hasn't implemented them yet? 

50 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He showed up, literally apologized for America, had a secret meeting with Putin, then got on stage with Putin and blew him, and then left. God dam fucking press!

George Orwell wrote in 1984: “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

Countdown to Trump giving Puerto Rico to the Russians in 3....2......1.

That presupposes that Trump knows Puerto Rico is an American territory.

To be fair, I'm guessing that the Russians might actually get involved in repairing the infrastructure after the hurricane.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This. There’s literally nothing too far for his supporters. If standing on stage with an enemy leader and supporting him over our own intelligence agencies didn’t turn them off, he can do anything. Turn over our ambassadors for interrogation? Of course! What a great idea! Praise Trump! Yummy librul tears!

The other scary thing is that he really doesn't need to continue his path of gradually normalizing increasingly obvious collusion with Russia in order to be an effective agent for them in broad daylight. He can operate within the context of what is presently permitted and execute Putin's agenda of weakening NATO, relieving sanctions, and legitimizing his regime on the world stage.

The even scarier other other thing is that he and Putin might try their hand at taking things further, and still not face any real backlash.

From my Congressman, Lloyd Doggett:

July 18, 2018

Mr. HUABS
Austin, Texas

Dear HUABS,

I write to update you on my efforts to encourage the Republican Members of Congress to take action in response to President Trump's weak submission to Russian President Vladimir Putin. Helsinki will be remembered as the place where "GOP" became shorthand for "Government of Putin." Just as Trump surrenders to Putin, these Helsinki Republicans surrender to Trump. Today, I spoke on the House Floor directly urging Republicans in Congress to not surrender to Trump at a time of sustained Russian aggression. You can view my speech here. You can view my earlier House Floor speech here.

Trump’s own intelligence chief, former Senator, lifelong Republican, Dan Coats, says, “The warning lights are blinking red again,” on Russian attacks. Yet, Helsinki Republicans refuse to act, providing zero funding to the states to protect election integrity today. Their refusal to appropriate a dime for state defense against election interference represents nothing less than unilateral disarmament. Mr. President, enough weakness, enough excuses.

Instead of a President with no scruples and a congressional Republican majority with no spine, we need strong leadership, unafraid to protect our borders, unafraid to protect American families, from ongoing Russian aggression on our democracy.

I will continue to work to hold President Trump accountable, and will doggedly press forward to restore America’s promise of liberty and justice for all.

Let me continue to hear from you. You can visit my Facebook , follow me on Twitter , follow me on Instagram , or e-mail Lloyd.Doggett@mail.house.gov . Especially in these difficult times, I welcome your good counsel.

Sincerely,

Lloyd Doggett

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Holy fuck, stop with this inane bullshit.  And I don't mean dotus.  Take it to another thread.

No fucking shit.  I leave for a few months, the board moves from the Shag to the Surl,  and somehow in the process becomes Derkastan.

Please, dudes, take it to private messages.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, GSU&UT said:

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!! Are they basically not caring if it looks like they're trying to rig the midterms?

They don't care, because they won't be punished for it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!! Are they basically not caring if it looks like they're trying to rig the midterms?

..and don't forget the voter suppression (in all of its forms) for the other side of the coin.

I thought for a moment that this week was a sign that we would survive this moron. But polling shows trumptards don't give a shit. Impeachment will only result in exoneration in the Senate. Nothing fucking matters. Add in the obvious willingness to allow Putin to directly change election results, and I think we're in the last few years of the Republic.

The blue wave will only occur in blue and purplish states. Red state election results will be rigged. A crisis will be fabricated, and Trump will then be reelected.  He will be the last POTUS, and first Premier, or whatever.

In 5 years or so the orangeinsatzgruppen will start rounding up those of us who've voiced opposition on this and other websites, so get your licks in while you can, I guess.

The bottom line is that most Republicans are fine with teaming up with Russian intelligence to hurt Democrats in elections.  That's the reality — they don't care if Trump colluded, or is giving the Russians a pass for their attack on Dems, or is letting them do it to Dems again in 2018.    They're just happy Putin's on their side right now.

And I'm sure there are some Dems who would be fine with the same arrangement to hurt Republicans, if that situation were to arise.  But it hasn't, and we don't know how many would in that hypothetical.    What we do know is that most Republicans are fine with it, are currently letting it happen with mass approval, and are a bunch of fucking traitors. 

• Like 2

The last little bit of hope I'm clinging to is that Jones was elected in Alabama when it was obvious that race would be close and Lamb getting elected in PA before they redrew their congressional map, both of those could have easily been messed with.

6 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

The last little bit of hope I'm clinging to is that Jones was elected in Alabama when it was obvious that race would be close and Lamb getting elected in PA before they redrew their congressional map, both of those could have easily been messed with.

Losing in Alabama was a call to action for the traitors among us. They now know what they have to do. Putin's their man.

Edited by softlynow

1 minute ago, softlynow said:

Losing in Alabama is a call to action for the traitors among us. They now know what they have to do. Putin's their man.

It seemed a one off election would be scrutinized more. Better to execute in a midterm election when it will get lost amongst the rest of the data.

1 minute ago, softlynow said:

Losing in Alabama is a call to action for the traitors among us. They now know what they have to do. Putin's their man.

Hugo made a decent point a while back that if Russia really wanted to keep GOP control in both houses then making sure a Republican wins in Alabama would hardly raise any eyebrows, even a pederast unfortunately. Still, I'm basically at the binary logic that if the GOP doesn't lose the House in November then something was very much rigged. Dems are showing up and out in all races including primaries and primary runoffs in swing and Red states this year, turnout should be extremely high for a mid-term.

And, by the way, this is how most treason happens.   It not usually someone who just hates their own country and wants to destroy it.   It's usually someone who (1) convinces himself that their country won't really be harmed by the initial ask, so what if I make a few bucks, or fuck this chick, or avoid the harm I'm being blackmailed about; (2) is angry at someone specific who fucked them and is getting payback at them; or (3) thinks their country and the world will actually be better if they help out the foreign intelligence operative, like the traitors who thought America would be better as a communist nation, or Theodore Hall, the Los Alamos scientist who helped the soviets build the bomb because he thought there needed to be a counterbalance to the US being the only nation with one.  

People rationalize treason like this by thinking "hey it's good for our country because I like Republican policies and judges, and I hate those smug elitist libs. So what if it also works out well for Russia?"   Which is wrong on its own terms, but also never ends there, because enemy nations have a greater goal beyond the short-term collaboration you accepted, and now you're on the hook. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

It seemed a one off election would be scrutinized more. Better to execute in a midterm election when it will get lost amongst the rest of the data.

I'm thinking this too, but there are only a few hundred house races and only a small subset of those are flippable by either party right now. They will be highly scrutinized, the question is do the GOP and Russia give a shit? I think we all know the answer to that one.

2 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I'm thinking this too, but there are only a few hundred house races and only a small subset of those are flippable by either party right now. They will be highly scrutinized, the question is do the GOP and Russia give a shit? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Dems don't win the House. Gutless pussy media will ignore a possible hacking and go with this route instead:

"Did polls understate shy Republican voters?"

"Were the polls wrong again?"

"What is wrong with polling in American politics?"

"Trump will be re-elected in 2020 due to the hidden Trump vote"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, softlynow said:

I thought for a moment that this week was a sign that we would survive this moron. But polling shows trumptards don't give a shit. Impeachment will only result in exoneration in the Senate. Nothing fucking matters. Add in the obvious willingness to allow Putin to directly change election results, and I think we're in the last few years of the Republic.

The blue wave will only occur in blue and purplish states. Red state election results will be rigged. A crisis will be fabricated, and Trump will then be reelected.  He will be the last POTUS, and first Premier, or whatever.

In 5 years or so the orangeinsatzgruppen will start rounding up those of us who've voiced opposition on this and other websites, so get your licks in while you can, I guess.

latest?cb=20150206140125

Beginning to get it, you are.

1 hour ago, NWBuck said:

That presupposes that Trump knows Puerto Rico is an American territory.

To be fair, I'm guessing that the Russians might actually get involved in repairing the infrastructure after the hurricane.

Ignoring Puerto Rico may actually fuck Trump in the end.  Quite a lot of Puerto Ricans have moved to Florida since the hurricane, and all of them are likely to vote with a chip on their shoulder.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, retread said:

The Republican roadmap is clear. Use voter ID laws specifically designed to disenfranchise minorities, while opening the door to Russian hackers to access state databases, figure out who the white liberals are, and fuck with their registration status.

20 minutes ago, retread said:

Fuck Jim Jordan with a red hot poker.

The last year and a half has felt like a decade and just when I thought we'd hit rock bottom we keep discovering another cliff we're tumbling over.  I hope this is all a dream from which I will wake up with a plot for a book that will be soundly rejected by all publishers due to its preposterous machinations.  "No one will believe this tripe!"

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Dems don't win the House. Gutless pussy media will ignore a possible hacking and go with this route instead:

"Did polls understate shy Republican voters?"

"Were the polls wrong again?"

"What is wrong with polling in American politics?"

"Trump will be re-elected in 2020 due to the hidden Trump vote"

This whole poll thing is fascinating to me. It feels like (I haven't done the research) that polls, previous to this election, where solid indicators of the future results. But this election was an anomaly. If that is all true, then I think it is a big indicator that Russia meddling involved changing of votes. 

4 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

Fuck Jim Jordan with a red hot poker.

The last year and a half has felt like a decade and just when I thought we'd hit rock bottom we keep discovering another cliff we're tumbling over.  I hope this is all a dream from which I will wake up with a plot for a book that will be soundly rejected by all publishers due to its preposterous machinations.  "No one will believe this tripe!"

Seriously, thinking about what I'll tell my daughter 20 years from now if we somehow recover. This is easily a bigger crisis than Nixon right? Like 10x more given how little Republican leadership is doing to stop a Manchurian Candidate?

Just now, ndawg said:

I'm wondering where everyone's line in the sand is for expatriating. If the Dems don't win the house this year, do y'all plan on sticking around? What about if Trump wins in 2020?

Honestly, if democracy dies in America, no place on earth will be safe in the short term. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

WASHINGTON—Promising citizens that they would finally take action if the President crossed this new red line, GOP leaders announced Monday that they were moving their goalposts for opposing Trump to him being filmed masturbating on an American flag in Arlington National Cemetery. “After today’s attack on U.S. intelligence agencies, we have officially moved our line in the sand to President Trump being caught on video, vigorously pleasuring himself to completion amid the graves of fallen U.S. soldiers,” said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who claimed that in order for Republican officials to begin blocking Trump’s nominations or voting against his policies, the video must be at least a half hour of the president with his pants around his ankles, humming the national anthem, and giving the middle finger to the Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier.

“Unless we see clear footage of President Trump looking into the camera, his face twisting in pleasure as he climaxes, we will refrain from taking any concrete measures to reel him in. If Trump is masturbating on a flag anywhere other than Arlington, or if he does not ejaculate directly on Old Glory, we will continue to stand behind him. And if fewer than 100 eyewitnesses see him engaged in the masturbation, we will dismiss it as hearsay. Of course, it goes without saying that if he claims it was a joke, all will be forgiven.” McConnell added that Republicans would stand firm on their new line for President Trump except in the extraordinary circumstance of another open seat on the Supreme Court.

Spoiler

The Onion