Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Wouldn't something 163 feet long require something resembling a full time crew?  I mean, I'd think you wouldn't treat it like my 24' SeaRay and get a side-tie at the marina overnight.
I think the crew was onboard asleep.

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Russian intelligence agency behind the 2016 election cyberattacks targeted Sen. Claire McCaskill as she began her 2018 re-election campaign in earnest, a Daily Beast forensic analysis reveals. That makes the Missouri Democrat the first identified target of the Kremlin’s 2018 election interference.

McCaskill, who has been highly critical of Russia over the years, is widely considered to be among the most vulnerable Senate Democrats facing re-election this year as Republicans hope to hold their slim majority in the Senate. In 2016, President Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton by almost 20 points in the senator’s home state of Missouri.

There’s no evidence to suggest that this particular attack was successful.  Asked about the hack attempt by Russia’s GRU intelligence agency, McCaskill told The Daily Beast on Thursday that she wasn’t yet prepared to discuss it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-hackers-new-target-a-vulnerable-democratic-senator

Obviously their goal was to help her win.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, there won’t. Not for most of them. They’re going to get away with it. Thus....the scotch.

How high on the food chain do you think Mueller will get?

I will believe him getting Trump when I see it. Doesn't seem likely.

Edited by retread

I dunno. I just know that it doesn’t matter. Folks below his level, trump will pardon. Trump himself, even if there’s ironclad evidence, will skate because the GOP senate will never, ever go against him. SUMMARY: Mueller is wasting his time, because the rule of law is dead.

A recent report by the New York Times detailed how a Pennsylvania auditor checking his state’s voting system found remote access software on the system that tallies votes. Electronic Systems & Software, the company that makes those machines, is the biggest voting machine manufacturer in America.

To be clear, this was not a voting machine. The system that counts votes had software installed that allowed a person who was not on the scene to gain access to the voting results. But the strangest part of this revelation was why the machine was being audited in the first place:

Pennsylvania voters complained that the ES&S machines were changing or “flipping” votes.

We know Russia has the capability to do this.

On Monday, the DHS announced that Russian hackers had gained access to U.S. electric utility control rooms. The breach made it possible for the intruders to cause blackouts, steal data, learn about the inner workings of the equipment and even create a backdoor, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The Intercept recently released National Security Agency documents that show that Putin-connected actors also breached voting-machine manufacturers days prior to the 2016 election.

https://www.theroot.com/evidence-shows-hackers-changed-votes-in-the-2016-electi-1827871206

9 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

shitter tweets should be yuge tomorrow

I wish they wouldn’t write articles like this. If you’re just quiet about it, it will die because it will slip out of his tiny brain. If he gets wind of people tying the wall to his being a huge pussy, he will make sure to double his efforts on it. 

I shared this story earlier on the thread: a family member who works in Classified line of work shared a message he was allowed to see on a computer monitor - “Six months of operational planning, undone by a fucking tweet.”

DOTUS has no idea what anyone else in or government is doing. And as a result, he fucks a lot of that stuff up

52 minutes ago, retread said:

Depends how you define “getting Trump”

Mueller isn’t going to perp walk Trump or press charges while he’s in office but here are some things he could conclude in a report:

-Trump obstructed and conspired to obstruct justice 

-Trump was a witting co-conspirator to defraud the United States.

-We’ve conclude that Trump was an unregistered foreign agent working on behalf of the Russian Government during the campaign.

any of those plausible conclusions would qualify as “getting Trump” in my book.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

Depends how you define “getting Trump”
Mueller isn’t going to perp walk Trump or press charges while he’s in office but here are some things he could conclude in a report:
-Trump obstructed and conspired to obstruct justice 
-Trump was a witting co-conspirator to defraud the United States.
-We’ve conclude that Trump was an unregistered foreign agent working on behalf of the Russian Government during the campaign.

any of those plausible conclusions would qualify as “getting Trump” in my book.

And....none of them would matter.

Shoot a man in the face on 5th Avenue...he skates. The GOP stands more firmly in defense of trump, protecting him from the rule of law, in stark contrast to how they stand in defense of the country and protect it from hostile nations attacking our elections.

The GOP is actively working against the United States, and against the rule of law. That’s an actual thing that’s happening.
  • Like 6

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Shoot a man in the face on 5th Avenue...he skates. The GOP stands more firmly in defense of trump, protecting him from the rule of law, in stark contrast to how they stand in defense of the country and protect it from hostile nations attacking our elections.

The GOP is actively working against the United States, and against the rule of law. That’s an actual thing that’s happening.

Yes, if Mueller came out with the report tomorrow it wouldn’t do much but the weather can change. 

It ain’t over until it’s over.

i just feel helpless. i can donate money. which i do. and i can vote,  which i always do. 

but unless the house actually flips, this shit is just gonna keep rolling along.  cowards in Congress aren't going to do anything. 

it's a slow moving train wreck and it's just horrifying to watch. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Their fortunes are dimming. The polls 100 days out are starting to look worse and worse. I bet GOP internals look absolutely terrible. The base is shrinking and it's not going to save a lot of vulnerable Republicans in November.

1 minute ago, Clob94 said:

http://amp.abc.net.au/article/10037728

Uh...... anybody else see this?

Seems like not the best of ideas. Why would Turnbull show his hand? 

If he truly believes it's an imminent possibility, he would show his hand in order to drum up criticism (from both sides of the aisle) to detract Trump from doing something stupid. 

7 hours ago, texas08 said:

Loving those FBI tweets.

It is a social media/communications war, and they’re playing/fighting.

Trump is great at gaslighting etc...but now he's getting the FBI/CIA involved.  That's legit scary shit.  I know it's fun to see them take on the Donald but it sets a bad precedent. 

i just feel helpless. i can donate money. which i do. and i can vote,  which i always do. 
but unless the house actually flips, this shit is just gonna keep rolling along.  cowards in Congress aren't going to do anything. 
it's a slow moving train wreck and it's just horrifying to watch. 

November is coming.