Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Well maybe...but the thing is that Murdock is part of the uber rich.  He doesn't run Fox or any of his companies for the good of the country over the good of his profit line.   He is going to do things that make him money.   They have spent too much on getting these lackey lawmakers in place to let them all go down with Trump.   But the thing is they are all covering for the orange piece of shit.   So if or when Fox does turn on him, then it will leave a lot of Rs looking stupid for not having done the right thing before that.  

I do think that Murdock turning on Trump is the only way to really bring this to an end.   Otherwise he will always be held up as a martyr by a large group of Americans.  Even if Mueller gets his convictions, even if Trump is impeached and sent to jail, until all of the country finds him guilty in the court of public opinion, there will be discord.  Murdock can change that by turning on Trump.  

Now how they go about throwing out Trump without ousting a lot of his enablers currently holding office, I don't know.   I still think there will be some who go down with him for either being implicated or covering up/obstructing.

You are right, Tom Arnold is a blowhard...it really wasn't him i was pinning this on, but just the idea that Murdock and Fox could do serious damage.  Then taking that a step further to maybe figure out how they might think they could take Trump down and retain their sweet spot in manipulating our government.   This is the first talk I have heard of it.    Might be why he keeps Shep and Cavuto around?

He’d never do anything like that without B.A., Face, and Hannibal on board.  

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They will change their tune if told.  They all saw how quickly Bill O’Reilly dropped off the radar when he was fired.  

It’s like we haven’t seen the Fox News personalities do complete 180s before.  They do it all the time.  Look at how they flipped Julian Assange from foe to friend.  Look how they flipped on approaching North Korea.  And the mother of all Fox News flips, the Iraq War.

Let’s not pretend Hannity and Ingrahm have any integrity or credibility to begin with. 

If Fox News can get away with selling kids in cages as fun summer camps and giving aid/comfort to white supremacists, they can get away with anything. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TornACL said:

We live in a world where it is cable television, and not the law, which administers justice? 

A large part of the world around us believes in Q, deep state and flat earth.  So yes, for them they will put more stock in what Fox tells them than the facts the FBI presents. 

Trump is the scab on a deeper festering wound in our country.  What is causing that infection won't be cured by anything the "deep state" presents, sadly.   

• Like 1

Trump is different though.  Those rubes have flipped on the NFL, POWs, Harley Davidson, the USA itself to stay on the side of Trump.  They'll go with Dotard over Fox.  They've shown signs of it before like when Megyn Kelly actually asked him a tough question and many of them swore they were done with Fox.  If Trump goes down, they'll shift into non-stop blaming of all woes on Trump's removal.  If they don't, there's plenty of other right wing media.  

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Imagine waking up every single morning just angry and miserable as fuck. You’d think it’d take a toll at some point...

He's been this way his whole life.  He has never cared what people thought about him, as long as they considered him a billionaire.  Because to him billionaire means you are a success in life, no matter what steps you take to get there.   I think he is happy as a clam sitting in his corner lashing out on twitter.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

He's been this way his whole life.  He has never cared what people thought about him, as long as they considered him a billionaire.  Because to him billionaire means you are a success in life, no matter what steps you take to get there.   I think he is happy as a clam sitting in his corner on the shitter lashing out on twitter.  

It's truly a sad day when the greatest hope I have for the President of the United States is that he will someday figure out how to spell counsel. We are truly and completely fucked. 

I like that he stumbled into spelling it right once, then returned to his regularly scheduled misspellings.
  • Haha 1

Full episode of Trump Trackdown

The best scenes are the ones with the Marshall and the judge.

When the Marshall comes to arrest Trump, Trump of course tries to bribe the Marshall with 25% of the take.  The Marshall isn’t having it so Trump offers him half.  The Marshall says he wants it all (presumably to give it back to the town).  Trump gives him the saddlebags full of cash and says, “It’s a shame, we could have been a great team pulling on opposite ends of the rope.”

There’s a twist ending for Trump but I won’t spoil it.

1 hour ago, Bojack said:

Trump is different though.  Those rubes have flipped on the NFL, POWs, Harley Davidson, the USA itself to stay on the side of Trump.  They'll go with Dotard over Fox.  They've shown signs of it before like when Megyn Kelly actually asked him a tough question and many of them swore they were done with Fox.  If Trump goes down, they'll shift into non-stop blaming of all woes on Trump's removal.  If they don't, there's plenty of other right wing media.  

I don’t think you appreciate the loyalty of the Fox News viewers.  

For most of them, Fox News gives them the talking points they need to hold a contemporary political conversation in society.  These folks gave up on books and newspapers long ago.

Most of them know deep down Trump is an ignorant crook.  They just need Fox News to validate it for them before they can turn on him out in the open.

Outside of some full blown cultists,  most will absolutely take Fox News over Trump in the end.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

For most of them, Fox News gives them the talking points they need to hold a contemporary political conversation in society.  These folks gave up on books and newspapers long ago.

Most of them know deep down Trump is an ignorant crook.  They just need Fox News to validate it for them before they can turn on him out in the open.

Outside of some full blown cultists,  most will absolutely take Fox News over Trump in the end.

Yep.  I've seen it in real time.  They are happy that they have their darkest impulses validated for now, but they know it isn't sustainable.  As goes Fox News, so will they.

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It will be far more profitable for FOX to fan the flames of revolt if Trump is ever impeached than it will be to turn on him.  Such a turning will only be a move to the next guy up.  The network isn't going to suddenly move away from their base, nor are they even going to try to reeducate their base.  They will go along to whatever degree necessary to maintain viewership.

8 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

Terrifying, and probably true.    

1 hour ago, Bojack said:

All of the above is true.  This is a cult now, not a political movement.

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Meaning this is false.

Trump has created Cult 45, and they will exist and be a force even after he leaves office.  You don't get to create a cancer like this and just cut it out easy-peasy.  You have to go through chemo that may kill the patient.

13 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Because she rode her husband’s coattails to the dem nomination and I think she’s a soulless, immoral fraud.

Also, I have two sisters and 5 nieces and believe we’re overdue for a female president.

i just want it to be someone who got their on there own volition.

So, suck it, bitch.

This is the sexist version of "I'm not racist, but . . . ."

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

All of the above is true.  This is a cult now, not a political movement.

Meaning this is false.

Trump has created Cult 45, and they will exist and be a force even after he leaves office.  You don't get to create a cancer like this and just cut it out easy-peasy.  You have to go through chemo that may kill the patient.

I think they will disown Trump after he is gone.  There will be a D candidate that has moral failings or something and they will want to say they could never support such a (crook / philanderer / liar / whatever).  In order to do so, they'll have to convince themselves they never really supported Trump.

I think they will disown Trump after he is gone.  There will be a D candidate that has moral failings or something and they will want to say they could never support such a (crook / philanderer / liar / whatever).  In order to do so, they'll have to convince themselves they never really supported Trump.

This. Gary Johnson’s 2016 votes will continue to grow until he eventually wins that election. This is why I continue to insist that Scarlet T’s should be mandatory.

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I think you're attributing far too much rational thought process to these people.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m going to make a bold prediction:  the lawyer trump picks to replace McGahn will end up in prison.

I thought Flood would be taking McGahn’s spot but it appears that might not happen.

Who is paying for all these lawyers? I'm assuming White House Counsel is paid by the taxpayers but I'm curious about all the other lawyers mentioned in the last three pages or so. 

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Another vote for Scarlet Ts.  In the style of Inglorious Basterds.

Just turn their red X sideways a bit, paint it a deeper red?  It's not like they aren''t already close to this already.   Too bad that red X is only on their social media and not on their foreheads.

Just now, Jograves said:

Who is paying for all these lawyers? I'm assuming White House Counsel is paid by the taxpayers but I'm curious about all the other lawyers mentioned in the last three pages or so. 

Giuliani isn't charging Trump; he's just using his position to get consulting dollars on the side to influence foreign policy. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Trump is not the one to fear long term.  One of these days we are going to get a Trump without the shady  past, with management skills, with a good eye for talent, and without the narcissistic buffoonery.  Look how hard it has been to compromise Trump even though most of all his shenanigans were out in the open, even a matter of public record long before the election.  Get somebody in there like him that knows what they are doing, and look out.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Trump is not the one to fear long term.  One of these days we are going to get a Trump without the shady  past, with management skills, with a good eye for talent, and without the narcissistic buffoonery.  Look how hard it has been to compromise Trump even though most of all his shenanigans were out in the open, even a matter of public record long before the election.  Get somebody in there like him that knows what they are doing, and look out.  

You mean Pence. 

Good thing about Trump is he keeps us all engaged while he burns the Country to the ground. Pence would bore us all to sleep and we'd wake up one day in the Handmaid's Tale. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There was a time when I'd have agreed with this. I thought Trump's campaign was over when he said the thing about McCain being captured.  I think now they see Trump as the number one identifier of their tribe, along with the NRA.  He's got the rubes turned against the FBI, Jeff Sessions, and all sorts of legitimate war hero vets as being a bunch of liberals.  Those idiots are buying up prints of a painting depicting Trump as George fucking Washington crossing the Delaware.  They see him the way he's drawn in those Garrison cartoons as if they're all struck with Elfquest Recognition for that fat bastard.  

If FoxNews has any part in taking him down, they're going to have to be very slick about it.  I never would've thought we'd be at this point where we're hoping perhaps Rupert Murdoch will do the right thing and help save the country.  

3 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

You mean Pence. 

Good thing about Trump is he keeps us all engaged while he burns the Country to the ground. Pence would bore us all to sleep and we'd wake up one day in the Handmaid's Tale. 

No. i don't mean Pence.  I believe he is also compromised at this point and carries his own set of unique baggage.  I'm thinking more of a Reagan/Dick Cheney combo-not as a ticket, but wrapped up in one individual-spooky.

22 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I think this is true. They've pretty much disowned W and it's hard to find much of anyone that admits that they were big supporters of invading Iraq.  I also think that there won't be a lot of action taken against all these traitorous pieces of shit once they're out of power, just as we let all that illegal Iraq bullshit slide.  

1 minute ago, Jiggy-Z said:

No. i don't mean Pence.  I believe he is also compromised at this point and carries his own set of unique baggage.  I'm thinking more of a Reagan/Dick Cheney combo-not as a ticket, but wrapped up in one individual-spooky.

His name might be Ben Sasse. 

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

"his ratings suck" - the President of the United States of America, folks.

I may sound like an old stick in the mud, but good lord. I remember the first time i said "this sucks" in front of my Dad when i was 12. All hell broke loose in the YoladuSr. household. Ironically, my Dad is now a big Trump supporter/FoxNews watcher.

Recently visited both the JFK Library and Reagan Library. Both full of displays of thoughtful, respectful, and eloquent quotes from these these two former Presidents. It was almost jarring to read them. I realized I am slowly forgetting what it once was like to be Presidential.

Edited by yoladu

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

But it literally came out of the blue, correct?  No one else on planet earth suggested it was doctored until Trump just tweeted he was "caught" doing so?

Trump's conspiracy theories have been harder to track down lately. The last Hillary email tweets generated from a Tucker Carlson blog. He's probably now just resorting to getting his tweet topics from the comments section of breitbart articles or texags posts.