Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

3 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

Wait, Trump's claiming that he "got rid" of the Johnson Amendment, which did not happen? The executive order he signed did not repeal the Johnson Amendment in any way. 

He means the Gary Johnson amendment, maybe?

2 hours ago, ndawg said:

I give people a pass for refusing to vote for either candidate in 2016. I also don't think that she's going to run in 2020, either.

But suppose we accept for a second that they appeared to be equally bad in 2016 (I don't buy it personally, but hey, I'll play ball for a second). Exactly what more evidence would you need to see in order to conclude that he's substantially worse than Hillary would have been?

I have zero doubt he is substantially worse than Hillary would've been.  That's not the point.  The point, is don't put her on the fucking ticket again.  

WHAT THE FUCK?

The president recalled when he first learned about the Johnson Amendment at a meeting during the 2016 campaign, when several dozen pastors and ministers came to see him at Trump Tower in New York City. He said he was pleased by the meeting because the religious leaders seemed to like him.

“I know when people like me,” Mr. Trump said. “I know when people don’t like me. You know, pretty good at that stuff. A lot of them like, and some don’t and that’s O.K. But this group really liked me.”

Mr. Trump also recalled on Monday night looking out the window during the Trump Tower meeting, though it was unclear why he chose to discuss it.

“We were in the 68th floor of Trump Tower and we looked down on the sidewalks and there were thousands and thousands of people,” he said. “They looked like ants, little people going all over — boom, boom, boom — so little, ’cause when you’re 68 floors, they look really small. But there were a lot of them.”

14 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I have zero doubt he is substantially worse than Hillary would've been.  That's not the point.  The point, is don't put her on the fucking ticket again.  

It would be pretty surprising to see them put her on the ticket. That said, you did say this:

And if the Dems roll that ancient cunt out again to run in 2020, I'll vote for another Libertarian.

Reading that sentence, it doesn't seem like you'd consider Trump substantially worse than she'd be.

Eerily similar to criticisms of Hitler's art on his applications to art school.  He was rejected twice and referred to architecture school, presumably due in part because he could not convey any sense of realism in the human form, including a propensity to reduce human scale relative to buildings.

3 hours ago, Mapache said:

Trump invoked Pearl Harbor during meeting with Japanese prime minister

President Trump invoked the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor during a heated meeting earlier this year with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, The Washington Post reported Tuesday. 

"I remember Pearl Harbor," Trump, who was born four and a half years after the attack, said, according to the newspaper, before railing against Japan's economic policies. 

The comments reportedly came during a June 7 meeting in which Trump and Abe discussed trade and North Korea. The two men met after Trump had imposed steep steel and aluminum tariffs on Japan and other U.S. allies, and just days before the U.S. president traveled to Singapore to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. 

Japan's trade minister, Hiroshige Seko, said last week that Tokyo might retaliate if Trump follows through with the tariffs. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/403985-trump-invoked-pearl-harbor-during-tense-meeting-with-japanese-prime

June 7th? DOTUS should have remembered Midway.  I thought this dude was a winner?

Also, I wonder how much of whatever negotiating success the guy has had over the years is solely from people willing to give him something to just get him to go the fuck away.

• Haha 1

Just now, Goredho said:

Also, I wonder how much of whatever negotiating success the guy has had over the years is solely from people willing to give him something to just get him to go the fuck away.

I'm pretty close to 100% positive that is the only tactic that has gotten him laid by Melania in the last several years.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

June 7th? DOTUS should have remembered Midway.  I thought this dude was a winner?

100% of Trump's alleged negotiating success has been described by Trump.

In other words, like his typical word salad speeches, it's all complete bullshit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

And I don't trust right-wing state governments or Trumpkins or Trump himself or his cronies not to do everything possible to swing the next election, legal or not.

They.

Are.

Going.

To.

Cheat.

Write it down in stone.  Will they be successful?  I have no idea.  But they will fucking cheat as much as is possible, and then a little more.

whether they cheat or not might not actually matter. whether someone else cheats may also be irrelevant

whether anyone is actually good at the cheating may also be irrelevant

because no one watches the same 'news' anyway. no one communicates. there is no common platform to even discuss if there is cheating going on. we launched way over that problem into a much worse one imo

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm pretty close to 100% positive that is the only tactic that has gotten him laid by Melania in the last several years.

Well, duh.  And $4,000 dresses w/Christian Louboutin's to plant trees in:

https://www.elle.com/culture/a22849924/melania-trump-tree-golden-shovel-louboutins/

first-lady-melania-trump-participates-in

The First Lady participated in a tree planting at the White House yesterday, using a golden shovel and wearing a $4,000 dollar dress. Pop quiz: circle the most surprising part of that sentence. Darling, this is how you garden. The plants don't respect you if you don't serve them fashion as well as fertilizer. Everyone knows that. You think Johnny Appleseed was stomping around the countryside wearing a nice dress and a crown? Of course he was! Your lewk better be flawless if you're out in the forest. Nothing shades you like a disapproving apple tree.

14 minutes ago, TornACL said:

100% of Trump's alleged negotiating success has been described by Trump.

In other words, like his typical word salad speeches, it's all complete bullshit.

Holding press conferences for successes that haven't happened (US-Mexico trade, NK denuke, etc.) is success in his mind.

1 minute ago, retread said:

Holding press conferences for successes that haven't happened (US-Mexico trade, NK denuke, etc.) is success in his mind.

I was thinking about this earlier.  To his supporters, it doesn't matter if anything actually happened or not.  As long as he said it, it's true.  Again, what the fuck has he actually accomplished so far?  Tax cut?  That goes to congress.  Name something else.  Something that actually helped the nation.  I can't.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I was thinking about this earlier.  To his supporters, it doesn't matter if anything actually happened or not.  As long as he said it, it's true.  Again, what the fuck has he actually accomplished so far?  Tax cut?  That goes to congress.  Name something else.  Something that actually helped the nation.  I can't.

Will be interesting to see what happens if KJU starts shooting missiles into the Pacific again or if Trudeau tells him to go pound sand. But you're right, nothing matters. Just keep shouting the same 10 buzz words, and the base will be happy.

Edited by retread

56 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Well, duh.  And $4,000 dresses w/Christian Louboutin's to plant trees in:

https://www.elle.com/culture/a22849924/melania-trump-tree-golden-shovel-louboutins/

first-lady-melania-trump-participates-in

Nuuuu York is where I'd rather stay

I get allergic smelling hay

I just adore a pent-house view

Dahling I love you but give me Park Avenue

Green0011.jpg

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Nuuuu York is where I'd rather stay

I get allergic smelling hay

I just adore a pent-house view

Dahling I love you but give me Park Avenue

Green0011.jpg

That might be Melanie.  But Trump will never be Oliver Wendell Douglas.  He actually knew what being an American stood for.

Everything you need to know about how Trump operates is by watching Professor Henry Hill in The Music Man.

5 hours ago, Mapache said:

Trump invoked Pearl Harbor during meeting with Japanese prime minister

President Trump invoked the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor during a heated meeting earlier this year with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, The Washington Post reported Tuesday. 

"I remember Pearl Harbor," Trump, who was born four and a half years after the attack, said, according to the newspaper, before railing against Japan's economic policies. 

The comments reportedly came during a June 7 meeting in which Trump and Abe discussed trade and North Korea. The two men met after Trump had imposed steep steel and aluminum tariffs on Japan and other U.S. allies, and just days before the U.S. president traveled to Singapore to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. 

Japan's trade minister, Hiroshige Seko, said last week that Tokyo might retaliate if Trump follows through with the tariffs. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/403985-trump-invoked-pearl-harbor-during-tense-meeting-with-japanese-prime

“It's not a tragedy,” said Trump. “It was a tragedy because it was ambushed. I like like bases that weren’t ambushed.”

"I just ask you to go out and make sure all of your people vote. Because if they don't -- it's November 6 -- if they don't vote, we're going to have a miserable two years and we're going to have, frankly, a very hard period of time," he said. 
"You're one election away from losing everything that you've gotten," he added. "Little thing: Merry Christmas, right? You couldn't say 'Merry Christmas.' "

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/28/politics/trump-evangelicals-midterms/index.html

What's more frightening: the fact that the sitting POTUS would really claim that 'Merry Christmas' had apparently been outlawed & he somehow made it legal again to say, or the millions of fucking voters who will believe this bullshit & cast their ballot purely on this non-issue?

So it was shown on the official white house video of the school event - shithead is taking a brown marker to his "American" flag.  He is literally drawing shit on the flag, he figuratively shits on every day.  Slow clap...Well done, you fat motherfucking, son of a bitch...

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

This might be one of the most disgusting occurrences in this administration, and that’s saying a lot. This needs to be shouted by Democrats going into the midterms. The incompetence is astounding and outrageous. 

It’s up there with the kid snatching and mental trauma inflicted on toddlers. Deaths of thousands of Puerto Rican’s just gets lost in the shuffle with this evil administration. 

37 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

This might be one of the most disgusting occurrences in this administration, and that’s saying a lot. This needs to be shouted by Democrats going into the midterms. The incompetence is astounding and outrageous. 

And that’s the problem. Dems are too soft while Reps can run right over them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I’m a firm believer that we should fight with everything we’ve got.

I’m also a firm believer that it won’t matter, because it won’t ever be a fair fight again.

One can hold both beliefs at the same time.

The GOP is facing some demographic changes that will be hard to overcome, and so I have no doubt they will do everything possible to negate those changes.

But....they can only do it for so long, and the worse they get about it, the more obvious it will be to the voters.

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Mr. Trump bantered with the religious leaders at the dinner, noting at one point that Robert Jeffress, a Dallas evangelical pastor who once said Jewish people were going to hell, had observed that Mr. Trump “may not be the perfect human being, but he’s the greatest leader for Christianity.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“Hopefully, I’ve proven that to be a fact,” Mr. Trump said, prompting applause, before adding, “In terms of the second part, not the first part.”

17 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

That eagle looks straight out of the 3rd reich interior decorator's handbook.

Welp, if there’s one good thing that comes out of this nonsense at least I don’t have to feel guilty about not being overly religious and skipping church anymore. So there’s that at least.

• Like 1