Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There is no way he composed and typed out these two tweets.  Probably DMs he copied and pasted from Fox And Friends. 

Good to see he wants to dictate how private companies function. That’s some GOP values right there. 

Media produces news.

Label (almost) all media the enemy.

Claim that only the enemy produces news.

Profit.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

33 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

2,1,x,x,3

Had the major hots for Justine Bateman back in those days....And on our eight grade trip to DC, we took a big ass pleasure boat on a tour of the Potomac, and we shared it with Beverly Hills HS. Sadly, it was the class that included Justin Bateman and not his sister. 

8 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Had the major hots for Justine Bateman back in those days....And on our eight grade trip to DC, we took a big ass pleasure boat on a tour of the Potomac, and we shared it with Beverly Hills HS. Sadly, it was the class that included Justin Bateman and not his sister. 

tumblr_inline_mgodpcBvFd1qgliex.gif

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Meanwhile Lindsay Graham was on TV today implying that Trump should replace the Keebler Klansman as AG.

Though he said say something about whomever it is has to convince the Senate he (or she, lol) won't interfere with Mueller.

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

What kind of fucked up world are we living in where I'm rooting for Jeff Sessions...Jesus Christ.

Trump forcing some kind of Nixon-style Saturday Night Massacre and firing Sessions (we know it won’t stop with Sessions) would lead to big Republican losses in the voting booth, and Trump being investigated by a Democrat-led Congress.  

So Lindsay Graham might be completely fine with Trump being in hot water next year which, because if this all continues on well past next year and Trump keeps on being Trump and fucking with the economy, etc., it could hurt the GOP to the point of no return.  Basically, encourage Trump to fire Sessions now and out him on a collision path with impeachment  next year.

The other possibility, and I'm swinging closer to this every day, is that Graham and others are scared shitless of what’s being turned up by the various investigations, and he and the others are hoping Trump can be taken down and take most of the heat instead of the GOP as a whole.  How many more Duncan Hunters are there?  Ryan’s little “keep it in the family” comment - what else could pop up with the Russian stuff?

Graham is 63.  You know he’s planning on sticking around long after Trump is gone. If he’s playing a long game, encouraging Trump to do something stupid now will hurt the GOP short-term, but they could possibly bounce back before demographics start turning the GOP into a permanent minority party. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Though he said say something about whomever it is has to convince the Senate he (or she, lol) won't interfere with Mueller.

If Trump grows a pair of balls and fires Sessions, he won’t stop there.  His impulsive nature is too strong, much like his twitter rants where he seems to have a problem with stopping.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The other possibility, and I'm swinging closer to this every day, is that Graham and others are scared shitless of what’s being turned up by the various investigations, and he and the others are hoping Trump can be taken down and take most of the heat instead of the GOP as a whole.  How many more Duncan Hunters are there?  Ryan’s little “keep it in the family” comment - what else could pop up with the Russian stuff?

Graham is 63.  You know he’s planning on sticking around long after Trump is gone. If he’s playing a long game, encouraging Trump to do something stupid now will hurt the GOP short-term, but they could possibly bounce back before demographics start turning the GOP into a permanent minority party. 

You also have to wonder if Graham is being told what to do, and if he doesn't, his personal journey may take an unfortunate turn regardless what befalls the GOP.  

Recall top intelligence officials indicated that the GOP was also a Russian hacking target but that none of the information obtained was leaked.  yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

You also have to wonder if Graham is being told what to do, and if he doesn't, his personal journey may take an unfortunate turn regardless what befalls the GOP.  

Recall top intelligence officials indicated that the GOP was also a Russian hacking target but that none of the information obtained was leaked.  yet.

A Shep Smith situation where everybody assumes what he won’t come out and say?

31 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

...before demographics start turning the GOP into a permanent minority party. 

I don't think that's going to happen. The parties are good at molding to what the people want them to be. We'll see a new Republican party after the fallout, but that'll be a long time from now.

12 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Miss Lindsey is also up in 2020 in a state with the second-highest demographic changes away from the GOP in the South after Georgia. 

12 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I don't think that's going to happen. The parties are good at molding to what the people want them to be. We'll see a new Republican party after the fallout, but that'll be a long time from now.

It’s gonna be 10-15 years at least.  Too many olds still alive right now. 

But then it’ll be led by George P. Bush.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Miss Lindsey is also up in 2020 in a state with the second-highest demographic changes away from the GOP in the South after Georgia. 

Not cool. Just because Lindsey is gay doesn't mean he is less masculine than a heterosexual male.

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm 55 and I have rarely voted Republican.  I'm hardly unique.

Gallup has Trump's job approval at 47% for the 50-64 crowd compared to 45% for 65+, 39% for 30-49, and 30% for 18-30. Now of course job approval != voting, but Republicans seem to be doing relatively ok with your demo.

Edited by SimonBolivar

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

There is no way he composed and typed out these two tweets.  Probably DMs he copied and pasted from Fox And Friends. 

Good to see he wants to dictate how private companies function. That’s some GOP values right there. 

Even if he does fuck-all, the normalization this type of narrative creates over the long term is fucking scary. 

3 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Even if he does fuck-all, the normalization this type of narrative creates over the long term is fucking scary. 

we very clearly live in a time where truth and news are up for grabs. Trump is using this to create division instead of working to create unity. I know we know that, but that is primarily his number one failure. He is the representation of the bottom rung of our culture. Sides, whatever, it doesn't matter. The man is the hollowest motherfucker on the planet and the only one that could have been in the position he is in, taken the blue pill and still live through the sheer weight of being a living devil. 

happy tuesday my Gs. up and atom. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I laugh at all the "Trump will get reelected" nonsense.  He ran against he worst candidate ever and lost by 3 million votes.  If the Dems merely nominate someone serviceable, they'll win in a landslide.

People are incredibly disenchanted.  They feel that no matter the popular vote, there is precedent for losing the electoral college, and there is certainly an undercurrent of fear that future elections will actually be rigged.

I can't say I blame them.

13 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I laugh at all the "Trump will get reelected" nonsense.  He ran against he worst candidate ever and lost by 3 million votes.  If the Dems merely nominate someone serviceable, they'll win in a landslide.

How in the flying fuck do you reconcile your first and last sentences? Today’s Democratic Party could fuck up a one-vehicle funeral procession. 

24 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The GOP controls the election process in most states. They're doing and will do everything they can think of to rig it.

18 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

People are incredibly disenchanted.  They feel that no matter the popular vote, there is precedent for losing the electoral college, and there is certainly an undercurrent of fear that future elections will actually be rigged.

I can't say I blame them.

3 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Trump will tell 45% of Americans that the democrat candidate is just Hillary wearing a disguise and they’ll believe it.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

The GOP controls the election process in most states. They're doing and will do everything they can think of to rig it.

These.

Stupid electorate.

Republic voter suppression effort.

Flat-out interference in our election.

Add those together?  Eight years of Trump.

18 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Trump base - the irredeemables - those who must be written off at this point as ever having any hope for being of any value whatsoever to society - who will vote for him no matter what - no matter how much (more) irrefutable proof of corruption, fraud, collusion, abject incompetence, and measures taken to harm the country and democracy by Trump and the Trump administration - 30-35% of the vote 

Combination of Fake Gary Johnson voters, Republican partisan hacks, and the "I want to do the right thing, I do; I am country before party" folks who actually say this with a straight face but will vote for Trump no matter who else is running - and then blame the Democrats and say "its all your fault, I was left with no choice" - you could run someone whose positions lines up identically with theirs then and put a D next to their name, and they would vote against him/her - 20-25% of the vote 

• Like 2