Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Why do I have a feeling that this is going to go from the "Mexican American Trade Agreement", to next week after Canada joins it will be called the "Canadian Mexican Trump Free Trade Agreement", then a couple weeks later it will be shortened to the "North American Free Trade Agreement", or for short, NAFTA. The details will be nearly identical to the former agreement, ironically also named NAFTA. 

Trump will beat his chest that he has made a great accomplishment. 

Edited by Lagunamadre

By taking away the NAFTA name, Trump can declare that he killed the job-killing NAFTA debacle like he promised.  And he's replaced it with a glorious new trade agreement that mainly benefits the US.

If he only renegotiated NAFTA and left the name in place, it doesn't sell as well when talking to rallies in Ohio and WV.  The agreement itself could be identical to NAFTA and the rallies won't care.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Why do I have a feeling that this is going to go from the "Mexican American Trade Agreement", to next week after Canada joins it will be called the "Canadian Mexican Trump Free Trade Agreement", then a couple weeks later it will be shortened to the "North American Free Trade Agreement", or for short, NAFTA. The details will be nearly identical to the former agreement, ironically also named NAFTA. 

If it follows the trend of his previous negotiations, it will make the U.S. worse off than the previous deal but he will still thump his chest about how it is the greatest deal ever because he's a moron and the people who support him are morons.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

By taking away the NAFTA name, Trump can declare that he killed the job-killing NAFTA debacle like he promised.  And he's replaced it with a glorious new trade agreement that mainly benefits the US.

If he only renegotiated NAFTA and left the name in place, it doesn't sell as well when talking to rallies in Ohio and WV.  The agreement itself could be identical to NAFTA and the rallies won't care.

Reminds me of my college fraternity.  It proudly boasted that in 1920-something, it was the first fraternity to ban "Hell Week."

When I was in college, we had a week at the end of pledgeship that involved everything you'd expect, but we called it "Inspiration Week."  The joke was that our fraternity had bravely been the first to re-name "Hell Week."

Trump's approach to this shit makes about as much sense.  Bluster, re-arrange some pieces on the board to no real net change, declare it a "new big deal," and call it a win.  And his base EATS IT UP.

These people deserve much love from the other side of spectrum. They've been so respectful and civil.
1*4sFXfhC8FLvpBXdJ5yhHlg.pngCusBWVpVMAADOqy.jpg
Maybe if we are REALLY REALLY REALLY nice to them and the NYT writes several more long articles in which Nazis are given the kid glove treatment they will still saying Democrats are molesting children in pizza places and pull the lever for the blue team for a change!

6 minutes ago, Continental Op said:
3 hours ago, Js1 said:
These people deserve much love from the other side of spectrum. They've been so respectful and civil.
1*4sFXfhC8FLvpBXdJ5yhHlg.pngCusBWVpVMAADOqy.jpg

Read more  

Maybe if we are REALLY REALLY REALLY nice to them and the NYT writes several more long articles in which Nazis are given the kid glove treatment they will still saying Democrats are molesting children in pizza places and pull the lever for the blue team for a change!

Yep fuck ‘em. Deplorables was too nice of a word to use to describe these people. They’re pieces of shit and should be reminded of that at all times. Fuck trying to get their votes. They need to be mocked and marginalized. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I'd have to stop loving my parents so, not an option for me. And I know other smart, successful, fairly reasonable people who continue to support him. It's fascinating.

Weren’t you in the Trump camp at some point, Buzz?  If so, what turned you around?

Uh, hello? Hello, Dmitri? Listen, I can't hear too well, do you suppose you could turn the music down just a little? A-ha, that's much better. Yeah, yes. Fine, I can hear you now, Dmitri. Clear and plain and coming through fine. I'm coming through fine too, eh? Good, then. Well then, as you say, we're both coming through fine. Good. Well, it's good that you're fine, and - and I'm fine. I agree with you. It's great to be fine
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Yep fuck ‘em. Deplorables was too nice of a word to use to describe these people. They’re pieces of shit and should be reminded of that at all times. Fuck trying to get their votes. They need to be mocked and marginalized. 

Absolutely.  They need to be completely driven out from the rest of decent, civilized society.  They are completely worthless and aren’t coming back anyway.  If you have an employee that is a Trumpkin, fire them.  If you have some of them in your family, cut off all contact.  Let them know why.  If that means your parents don’t see or talk to their grandkids anymore, tough luck. Those are the consequences of despicable thinking and actions.   If you have “friends” that are Trumpkins, completely disconnect and let them know you have no room in your life for morally bankrupt supppoters of treason.  Find better friends. Fuck all the “well, they’re good people other than the fact that they’re big Trump supporters.”  Guess what, they’re not.  By definition.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Absolutely.  They need to be completely driven out from the rest of decent, civilized society.  They are completely worthless and aren’t coming back anyway.  If you have an employee that is a Trumpkin, fire them.  If you have some of them in your family, cut off all contact.  Let them know why.  If that means your parents don’t see or talk to their grandkids anymore, tough luck. Those are the consequences of despicable thinking and actions.   If you have “friends” that are Trumpkins, completely disconnect and let them know you have no room in your life for morally bankrupt supppoters of treason.  Find better friends. Fuck all the “well, they’re good people other than the fact that they’re big Trump supporters.”  Guess what, they’re not.  By definition.  

I'm usually on your side of things but when it comes to this, we really need to take a more measured approach.  Not appeasement but containment with engagement. The stigmatization of Trump supporters plays into the Kremlin's playbook.  Seriously, this is exactly what they want, for American society to completely fall apart.  This is how civil wars get started.  I think we can do better than that.  Polarization and corruption are the real enemies, not your friends, neighbors, coworkers, or family that support Trump.  

Look at Trumpkins through the lens as someone with a substance abuse problem instead of an enemy. 

Yeah, it's easier to vilify them with broad brushes but that's what they do with liberals. 

Be best. 

JMO 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I'm usually on your side of things but when it comes to this, we really need to take a more measured approach.  Not appeasement but containment with engagement. The stigmatization of Trump supporters plays into the Kremlin's playbook.  Seriously, this is exactly what they want, for American society to completely fall apart.  This is how civil wars get started.  I think we can do better than that.  Polarization and corruption are the real enemies, not your friends, neighbors, coworkers, or family that support Trump.  

Look at Trumpkins through the lens as someone with a substance abuse problem instead of an enemy. 

Yeah, it's easier to vilify them with broad brushes but that's what they do with liberals. 

Be best. 

JMO 

Fuck Their Feelings

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Be best. 

JMO 

Accommodating idiocy is what got us here.

Shove them back in their holes, where they belong.

22 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Absolutely.  They need to be completely driven out from the rest of decent, civilized society.  They are completely worthless and aren’t coming back anyway. If you have an employee that is a Trumpkin, fire them.  If you have some of them in your family, cut off all contact.  Let them know why.  If that means your parents don’t see or talk to their grandkids anymore, tough luck. Those are the consequences of despicable thinking and actions.   If you have “friends” that are Trumpkins, completely disconnect and let them know you have no room in your life for morally bankrupt supppoters of treason.  Find better friends. Fuck all the “well, they’re good people other than the fact that they’re big Trump supporters.”  Guess what, they’re not.  By definition.  

Yea I don’t think my HR department or the law would be very happy if I started firing people for their political affiliation

Weren’t you in the Trump camp at some point, Buzz?  If so, what turned you around?

No sir I was not. I’m a much despised Gary Johnson voter. However, I do not march in lockstep with the Trump-is-Hitler crowd either. I try to be as objective and principled as I can but I fail a lot.
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Uh, hello? Hello, Dmitri? Listen, I can't hear too well, do you suppose you could turn the music down just a little? A-ha, that's much better. Yeah, yes. Fine, I can hear you now, Dmitri. Clear and plain and coming through fine. I'm coming through fine too, eh? Good, then. Well then, as you say, we're both coming through fine. Good. Well, it's good that you're fine, and - and I'm fine. I agree with you. It's great to be fine

First thing I thought of. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

No sir I was not. I’m a much despised Gary Johnson voter. However, I do not march in lockstep with the Trump-is-Hitler crowd either. I try to be as objective and principled as I can but I fail a lot.

Trying to be objective when discussing a human turd like Trump is just stupid.  It's perfectly reasonable to be biased against a pathological liar.

Sounds good on the Internet. Fuck em! Yeah! Now try that speech at every work meeting, family gathering, little league game, or other social event in your life and let us know how it goes. I mean this is the most important thing in the world right? You owe it to everyone you know to preach this to them in no uncertain terms. You would be an enabling coward otherwise.

Take video if you can.

• Like 1

Trying to be objective when discussing a human turd like Trump is just stupid.  It's perfectly reasonable to be biased against a pathological liar.

I guess I kind of look at it like free speech. You have to try to be objective about the things you hate the most, not just the things you like, or else you’re a hypocrite. As I said I fail a lot. My personal opinion of the man is that he is a terrible person and I wish he had never been elected President. At the same time I don’t see his Presidency as the irreversible doom of Democracy/America/Republicans/Civil Rights/Decorum/Women and so on. It’s not the apocalypse.

I also try to find the humor in all of it where I can.

19 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Do not confuse “unfavorable” with “not objective.”  Objectivity is not accomplished by saying an equal number of positive and negative things.  It is accomplished by relying on facts to uncover the truth.  Sometimes that truth is unfavorable to one side in a dispute.  If the truth is one-sided, then objective reporting must also be one-sided.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I guess I kind of look at it like free speech. You have to try to be objective about the things you hate the most, not just the things you like, or else you’re a hypocrite. As I said I fail a lot. My personal opinion of the man is that he is a terrible person and I wish he had never been elected President. At the same time I don’t see his Presidency as the irreversible doom of Democracy/America/Republicans/Civil Rights/Decorum/Women and so on. It’s not the apocalypse.

I also try to find the humor in all of it where I can.

Most people believe free speech has its limits, like when someone is inciting violence.  Trump has offered to pay legal fees for supporters that punch his detractors, he has called the press "the enemy of American people",  he has encouraged violence at numerous rallies.  There is absolutely no levelness to the playing field when Trump is playing.  He is a charlatan, grifter, mobster and any defense of him is either idiocy or contrarianism. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lagunamadre said:

It will be called NNAFTA for not-NAFTA

5 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Trump has no idea what respect is.  He's been searching for self respect his whole life and hasn't found any.  Never will, so he just lives on falsehoods that make him feel important.  And those falsehoods are as mercurial as the wind.  The thing that stays constant is his insecurity which he shores up with racist and classist remarks. 

1234.   Trump has always acted as if everybody is judging him on the fact that he got a bigly head start with daddy’s money, and he’s watched people with far less (Bezos, etc.) do far more than he has.  Those two things grate at his nerves.  

Throw in the fact that his business empire feels like a house of cards built on shady deals, and his insecurity goes off the charts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Trump has no idea what respect is.  He's been searching for self respect his whole life and hasn't found any.  Never will, so he just lives on falsehoods that make him feel important.  And those falsehoods are as mercurial as the wind.  The thing that stays constant is his insecurity which he shores up with racist and classist remarks. 

1234.   Trump has always acted as if everybody is judging him on the fact that he got a bigly head start with daddy’s money, and he’s watched people with far less (Bezos, etc.) do far more than he has.  Those two things grate at his nerves.  

Throw in the fact that his business empire feels like a house of cards built on shady deals, and his insecurity goes off the charts.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Holy shit - they literally have staffers who try and yell over the reporters so that the pool mics don't pick up the questions being asked?

Lets GO! LETS GO! We are finished! LETS GO!

Agree the Curb Tuba would be hilarious music outro