Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

No, he didn’t stand up to bigotry. But he at least stood up to delusion. That’s something. And considering much of bigotry is based on delusion, it’s a start.
I cut him some slack. There was a lot of stupid in that lady and trying to tackle it all would have backfired on him. I think he picked the right battle on that one.
  • Like 7

His latest tweet, about 45 minutes ago. How long until he tweets something? Would he dare just ignore it? 
Probably best if he let SHS issue an "official" statement versus a tweet directly from him. But then again, he is a moron, and would wonder why anyone would take issue with his sincere condolences.

I imagine Trump will tweet something like "I was wrong when I said he wasn't a hero. I was wrong and I'm embarrassed by what I said. Apologies and all my thoughts and prayers to his family".

Of course he won't, but his approval rating would probably go up five points if he did. 

28 minutes ago, achooloco said:

McCain has passed 

Got dammit. A true American hero lost to us. I can only pray our country comes together to fight off this malignancy. We might not be bound by genetic or familial roots but our common ideals sure as fuck do.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RayDog said:

I think that all the prosecutors will be unloading any news or indictments in the next 3 weeks.

I do too.  Just believe that when Manaford went to trial along with the others, they knew then that everything would hit the fan hard so they would start only when all their ducks were in a row.  I think they already have enough information to do extensive damage and incriminate.  

If Trump beats anything, he will be in tatters.  For one, every time a little evidence is released Dotard and Giuliani can't help but swallow their feet and admit to everything.  They really said collusion wasn't unlawful.  They really said that a sitting president can't be incriminated.  They really said that the economy would tank if Dotard was impeached.  Nobody but a guilty fool would even allude to any of those much less all three. And they said all of this before the actual heavy Russian allegations hit or anybody in Dotards family has been picked up.  These dips hits will confess to everything through twitter.  

I halfway think that the reason they are so gung ho on doing away with fuel regulations is so we can rush to buy Russian petroleum.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

We now live in a shitty world where war hero McCain is dead and draft dodging fat sack of racist crap Trump is alive and President. 

Sigh 

It sucks that McCain couldn't live to see Trump's demise. He died not knowing whether American democracy or the GOP could survive Trumpism. 

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Your in-laws might not watch Fox News but they probably have close long time trusted friends in their social circles that do.  When Trump comes up in their conversations the Fox News talking points come out and become validated because there is no immediate disagreement or push back.  They then get repeated when the conversation comes up with others.

I have a relative like this, she’s an older but very smart lady.  However, her small social network is made up of lifelong friends that watch a lot of Fox News.  She also pushes the Fox News narratives with me but I challenge them directly.  I tell her what’s going on and I think she gets it but there’s another dynamic I’ve noticed.

For my relative, it’s a futile endeavor to hold a position against the small tight knit group of her friends because it would only fracture the relationship and risk being ostracized.  It’s not like she can go out and get new friends this late in the game so she doesn’t resist. 

My parents would say stuff and I'd challenge it and then they'd say: I'll have to get back to you on that. Then later, they'd just repeat whatever was said prior.  Fox and Co. only give out talking points, not actual information.  

On 8/24/2018 at 6:30 PM, Skyline said:

This image has great potential. Maybe the best thing Fox has given us in a while.

He looks like hie's about to have a heart attack.

23 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I always forget about Tiffany.

I wonder what this new one's name is.

Please God, let it be "Juan".

DOTARD isn't fit to have McCain's name in his mouth.

There isn't much I agree with McCain about politically, but he was a goddamn American Hero.

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

In a "tribute" to McCain on Instagram, a photo-centric social media platform, I'm sure Trump would feature a photo of McCain.

Oh.

Who is "our" in "our thoughts and prayers"?  Trump and his ghostwriter, Melanie, Ivanka, the American people?  I miss having a president who could speak in coherent sentences.

15 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Who is "our" in "our thoughts and prayers"?  Trump and his ghostwriter, Melanie, Ivanka, the American people?  I miss having a president who could speak in coherent sentences.

Actually I think that's a giveaway that Trump didn't compose that tweet. He doesn't use the "royal we" like most presidents do. He uses the royal me. For any other president that tweet would sound normal. If Trump was writing it then it would be about 'I, me, mine.' (All through the day and all through the night.)

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It sucks that McCain couldn't live to see Trump's demise. He died not knowing whether American democracy or the GOP could survive Trumpism. 

No fucking way.  He knew damn well we’d survive.  Not trying to be histrionic either.  I believe that like I believe in the sun rising tomorrow.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

In a "tribute" to McCain on Instagram, a photo-centric social media platform, I'm sure Trump would feature a photo of McCain.

Oh.

I’m just amazed that ‘’93txtech’’ has the dumbest comment on there.  And sadly I’m not surprised ‘chumlee’ is the voice of reason.  What in the blue fuck?

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.

My solution?

All of us need to die. Look at this shit...we should nuke ourselves. We owe that to the rest of the world.

I agree.

Any of y'all got sec. 28s that i can take off your hands.  The Horns about to go on a tear!

team_entrance_flag_baylor_p1701.jpg?widt

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

No fucking way.  He knew damn well we’d survive.  Not trying to be histrionic either.  I believe that like I believe in the sun rising tomorrow.  

I appreciate your optimism. I'm not so sure. I'm amazed at how quickly Trump has transformed the Republican party. I don't know if they'll ever recover. I don't share Brisket's level of pessimism but I do believe the threat to democracy is very real and has to be taken seriously. 

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Now that his heartfelt tweet about McCain is 12 hours old, time to get back to business. Retweeting 2 day old tweets slamming Sessions. More to come no doubt. 

He retweets because he’s so insecure, he doesn’t believe people (Jeff) are taking him seriously the first time.  

32 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Now that his heartfelt tweet about McCain is 12 hours old, time to get back to business. Retweeting 2 day old tweets slamming Sessions. More to come no doubt. 

He’s going to do something crazy to take back the media narrative.

Every cable news channel is McCain, McCain, McCain all day today (as it should be) and it’s probably driving Trump nuts (short trip).

These things go by so fast, but remember a few days ago when the president said that he couldn't be impeached because he's doing a great job, and if he were to be impeached everyone would become instantly poor, because of his brain? Because that happened and everyone just kind of shrugged. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

These things go by so fast, but remember a few days ago when the president said that he couldn't be impeached because he's doing a great job, and if he were to be impeached everyone would become instantly poor, because of his brain? Because that happened and everyone just kind of shrugged. 

The goalpost has been so much that if the president shit in a cup and tried to sell it, people would just shrug 

The goalpost has been so much that if the president shit in a cup and tried to sell it, people would just shrug 

Dude...he IS shit in a cup, and tens of millions of people 1) gleefully bought it, 2) chugged it down, chunks and all, and 3) looked at us grinning and said “man, that’s delicious!”

Which is why the rest of us continue to look at them aghast, exactly like we would at a person who just guzzled a cup of runny shit.

Here’s yet another observation that captures where we are right now:

dcbc96369cf449cb062b255eb3b440ab.jpg
  • Like 2