Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 hours ago, Lagunamadre said:

The same people who think it's disrespectful when the black guys take a knee. 

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2970578

John McCain bridges the time the GOP devolved from a political party into a non-stop hate rally. Texags has always served as a good example of the final resting spot of that devolution. They totally identify themselves by who they are not (sips/libs); they embrace dogma instead of independent thought; they hate anyone who is not one of them.

Deplorables who embrace their deplorability as virtue. 

Tough nut to crack.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

This is a good read into what I feel Trump has been hitting on to get his base so strongly supportive.  It's a bit of psychology behind what is fueling the white supremacist movement that is coming out of the woodwork now.  Trump not only has unleashed it, but is fanning the flames. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/21/opinion/happiness-inequality-prosperity-.html

What it doesn't point out very well is how much our society pushes this competition, to get people to buy more things in order to look better than someone else. 

We used to call it "keeping up with the Joneses."

46 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

Had dinner with some Chinese national clients last night. Asked them about how Trump is viewed in China. Their response: “everyone just thinks he’s a crazy person.”

This is pretty much the unanimous view throughout sub Saharan Africa as well, if that tells you anything.  Although they are more accepting of it, because they are used to it.  That should also tell you something.  

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I presume that it's clear to everyone paying any sort of attention that our country is currently run by a criminal syndicate (the GOP) that is in league with a foreign power.  Every move they make is calculated to preserve power in the syndicate, at the expense of the country.

Hard to interpret any other way. Russia spends a few years funneling money to the GOP through NRA and other traceable entities and then reveals themselves to the tainted office holders. Kompromat City. They will keep money flowing for a few concessions, not much, just a little something here and there that will not constitute a betrayal of your country.

Russia hits the jackpot when Trump is elected. He is compromised, narcissistic, and greedy.

All of the dirty GOPs think they will be okay as long as they cooperate. They don't see the big picture. Russia will use them up for influence and then laughingly out them to disgrace America and display their own mastery.

Trump likely has convinced himself that Putin is a friend. He's not. Only a vain idiot would believe otherwise.

Will this finish the GOPs? They've got a pretty big bloc of voters that will refuse to believe the truth. Dicey.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, J.R. said:

This is pretty much the unanimous view throughout sub Saharan Africa as well, if that tells you anything.  Although they are more accepting of it, because they are used to it.  That should also tell you something.  

LOL Colombian friends when I was in Medellin last year - "What. The. Fuck. Did. You. Do? That man wouldn't even be elected in this country!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Will this finish the GOPs? They've got a pretty big bloc of voters that will refuse to believe the truth. Dicey.

I’m finding the hardest cookie to crack with the trump supporters is the “What about the Democrats crimes!” talking point.  I heard this narrative being pushed on Fox News this morning too.

It’s just inconceivable to them that Hillary and the DNC are innocent.  Until they are brought to justice the republicans are being treated very unfairly.

Another strong mental blockade is the notion that Cohen and Manafort are only being prosecuted because they work for Trump.

It’s challenging to explain to them career criminals usually don’t get caught until someone starts looking. 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s challenging to explain to them career criminals usually don’t get caught until someone starts looking. 

There's the problem. They're explanation proof. That appeals to the intellect. What we need are inflammatory pictures and constant flattery to change their feelings. Sadly, the radio gods and other rightist demagogues have more than a three decade head start.

It will take twenty years to maybe appeal to their children.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s just inconceivable to them that Hillary and the DNC are innocent.

I don't think there is a way past this.  Even if Hillary were to get caught for anything, it would never be big enough to satisfy them.  They literally think she is the devil and the DNC are her henchmen in perpetrating the most evil deeds known to man.  It's mythic at this point.  There's no changing their minds.

44 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

John McCain bridges the time the GOP devolved from a political party into a non-stop hate rally. Texags has always served as a good example of the final resting spot of that devolution. They totally identify themselves by who they are not (sips/libs); they embrace dogma instead of independent thought; they hate anyone who is not one of them.

Deplorables who embrace their deplorability as virtue. 

Tough nut to crack.

There’s a reason why TexAgs loves them some Russian-loving politicians.  

Look at aggy architecture.  That shit would be at home in Siberia.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

There’s a reason why TexAgs loves them some Russian-loving politicians.  

Look at aggy architecture.  That shit would be at home in Siberia.  

Something keeps bugging me about Texags and Tigerdroppings with respect to the Kremlin influence.

I keep wondering if it happened organically or was it intentional by design/bad actors. 

I can't wrap my head around the idea the owners of the sites don't see it

or maybe they see it but they just don't care. 

or maybe they're on the side of the Russians now, ideologically 

Deep thoughts. 

36 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m finding the hardest cookie to crack with the trump supporters is the “What about the Democrats crimes!” talking point.  I heard this narrative being pushed on Fox News this morning too.

It’s just inconceivable to them that Hillary and the DNC are innocent.  Until they are brought to justice the republicans are being treated very unfairly.

Another strong mental blockade is the notion that Cohen and Manafort are only being prosecuted because they work for Trump.

who the fuck cracks a cookie?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Something keeps bugging me about Texags and Tigerdroppings with respect to the Kremlin influence.

I keep wondering if it happened organically or was it intentional by design/bad actors. 

I can't wrap my head around the idea the owners of the sites don't see it

or maybe they see it but they just don't care. 

or maybe they're on the side of the Russians now, ideologically 
Deep thoughts. 

You are way over-thinking this.

Those sites are run by guys who caught lightning-in-a-bottle, and these days they are either cushy primary gigs, or are providing a nice side-income, for the owners.

When you luck into, or work your way into, a website like those that have a large and active user base, you work to keep that user base around, especially these days when so many people are aware of, and interact with, reddit and other social media platforms.

If you have a group of users that appear to be into things that seem odd or whatever, unless what they are doing is illegal, or they are pissing off a huge portion of your user base, you leave them alone.  As long as those people keep their Q beliefs confined to a few threads and don't infect all of the other subforums/threads, you leave them alone. 

TexAgs, Tiger Droppings, Free Republic, etc. will gladly tolerate the nuttiness of small (but very active) portions of their user bases, because it's generating revenue and isn't hurting the brand (for now).

I know, it would be funny if Loochi was taking money from the Russians, but those fuckers are weird to begin with and you wouldn't be able to separate the crazy from the active measures.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You are way over-thinking this.

Those sites are run by guys who caught lightning-in-a-bottle, and these days they are either cushy primary gigs, or are providing a nice side-income, for the owners.

When you luck into, or work your way into, a website like those that have a large and active user base, you work to keep that user base around, especially these days when so many people are aware of, and interact with, reddit and other social media platforms.

If you have a group of users that appear to be into things that seem odd or whatever, unless what they are doing is illegal, or they are pissing off a huge portion of your user base, you leave them alone.  As long as those people keep their Q beliefs confined to a few threads and don't infect all of the other subforums/threads, you leave them alone. 

TexAgs, Tiger Droppings, Free Republic, etc. will gladly tolerate the nuttiness of small (but very active) portions of their user bases, because it's generating revenue and isn't hurting the brand (for now).

I know, it would be funny if Loochi was taking money from the Russians, but those fuckers are weird to begin with and you wouldn't be able to separate the crazy from the active measures.

Thank you, I find this analysis closer to the truth than anything I’ve speculated.

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Thank you, I find this analysis closer to the truth than anything I’ve speculated.

This applies to plenty of sites and it applies to other topics as well: I'm assuming you're talking about the Q stuff, but even if you're talking about the "defend Trump at all costs even if he's blowing Putin" crowd, ultimately you're talking about a group of people, or activity, that is confined to a subform, and probably to specific threads in that subform.

That group/activity may only involve 5-10% of the users, but they could easily be generating 10-20% of the site's revenue (through heavy/repeat traffic).

No site owner wants to rock the boat with that crowd, especially in the off-season (for a sports site like TexAgs or TD), unless they believe it's truly having a negative impact on the site.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This applies to plenty of sites and it applies to other topics as well: I'm assuming you're talking about the Q stuff, but even if you're talking about the "defend Trump at all costs even if he's blowing Putin" crowd, ultimately you're talking about a group of people, or activity, that is confined to a subform, and probably to specific threads in that subform.

That group/activity may only involve 5-10% of the users, but they could easily be generating 10-20% of the site's revenue (through heavy/repeat traffic).

No site owner wants to rock the boat with that crowd, especially in the off-season (for a sports site like TexAgs or TD), unless they believe it's truly having a negative impact on the site.

Mostly talking about the long game Russia’s been playing.  Wikileaks, zero hedge, true pundit, Julian Assange, Breitbartish and all the other nutty sites that get pushed hard and passed off as news to tigerdroppings and TexAgs without much pushback.

Washington (CNN)Among President Donald Trump's litany of grievances and grudges, few ache with as much passion as his hatred of his own attorney general.

Over the past year and a half, and as recently as the last several weeks, Trump has broached the idea of firing Jeff Sessions several times, according to multiple sources familiar with the conversations. Each time his aides and advisers have staved off his impulse, arguing to the President that such a move could damage him politically and present further problems with special counsel Robert Mueller.

Trump has responded by insisting has the "absolute right" to fire Sessions if he pleases, those familiar with the conversations said. But he's taken his team's advice until now because he believes his attempts to discredit Mueller are working and accepts the argument that dismissing his attorney general could cloud that effort.

Despite his repeated public criticism, Trump has told people he is wary of crossing a line with Mueller by firing Sessions.

The loathing, which was never private, continued this week as Sessions sought to defend himself against Trump's insults. In the span of a day, Trump accused the attorney general he appointed of failing to assume full control of the agency he leads, executing acts of severe disloyalty and allowing injustice to prevail. At one point, he even seemed to question his manhood.

"Even my enemies say that Jeff Sessions should have told you that he was going to recuse himself and then you wouldn't have put him in," Trump said in an interview with Fox News this week. "He took the job and then he said I'm going to recuse myself. I said what kind of a man is this?"

Sessions responded in a written statement Thursday.

"While I am attorney general, the actions of the Department of Justice will not be improperly influenced by political considerations," he said. Minutes later he was arriving at the White House in a black SUV for a previously scheduled meeting on prison legislation.

Trump did not address his feud when seated across from Sessions in the Oval Office, a person in the room said. Instead, the two men agreed on several points made during the meeting about a prison and sentencing overhaul bill, and Sessions left the White House with his job intact. 

Still, Trump spent Thursday night fuming over Sessions' statement, CNN is told, leading to another outburst on Twitter Friday morning.

"Come on Jeff, you can do it, the country is waiting!" he wrote, calling on Sessions to initiate investigations into a long list of the President's political enemies.

Typically, presidents at odds with members of their own teams take steps to paper over the disagreements in public, even as they privately air their grievances. Trump has taken the opposite approach: making his displeasure known loudly while avoiding direct confrontation behind the scenes.

Two people familiar with the President's thinking say this is classic Trump, because he does not tend to be as confrontational in person, despite his self-described penchant for fighting back.

Instead, as he has clashed with his attorney general for more than a year now, Trump has preferred airing his complaints publicly on Twitter or privately through emissaries, who he will ask to deliver harshly worded messages to Sessions. 

Trump and Sessions rarely, if ever, speak on the phone, two sources familiar with their relationship tell CNN.

Sessions responded Thursday, according to a source familiar with the attorney general's thinking, in part because the President said on Fox News that he "never took control of the Justice Department" -- a "macro" criticism that struck a different tone than Trump's more granular gripes on Twitter about individual cases like former FBI employees Lisa Page and Peter Strzok.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/politics/trump-fumes-sessions-mueller/index.html

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Thanks Paul Ryan, Devin Nunes, and Donald Trump that orchestrated the whole #releasethememo/spygate charade for what amounted to jack shit...until now.

Yeah if that leads to the death of any of our spies, these shitbags should hang.  May need reinforced steel rope for our fatfuck Prez.  

Trump is Grover Dill to Putin's Scott Farkus. To RomaVicta's point on the previous page, the Russians may well have taken advantage of the NRA and power-hungry congressmen over the years. The Russkies walked them all down the primrose path just like Clapper (or was it Brennan?) said in the Senate hearing a year ago or more. Before they knew it, they were owned by someone else.

Now Trump is there to remind them that Daddy Putin holds their political lives in his hands. He can throw tantrums and obstruct justice to his heart's content, and no one will call him on it.

Edited by retread
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Lol, Trump is such a cowardly bitch boy.  He has aides deliver harshly worded messages to Sessions but doesn’t have the guts to say anything in person.  He’s the biggest, most obvious pussy / fake tough guy in the world supported by people too dumb to know the difference between a pathetic, sniveling bully and someone with real strength.

Kind of like his followers, particularly his alt-right followers who dressed up in their best khakis and shopped at Pier One for tiki torches, only to find out that they aren't so brave when their photos are being blasted across public media.

So they lash out on twitter.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Mostly talking about the long game Russia’s been playing.  Wikileaks, zero hedge, true pundit, Julian Assange, Breitbartish and all the other nutty sites that get pushed hard and passed off as news to tigerdroppings and TexAgs without much pushback.

Don't get me wrong - I have a feeling that plenty of Russian bots have dumped plenty of messages on various Internet forums, but at least in the case of TexAgs, unless you provide a Mason jar with a couple of teaspoons of jizz to get an ag-tag, they will ignore your posts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Fox News poll has approval of Mueller's investigation up 11 points since July.

The divide just gets deeper, though.

Those who oppose Mueller's investigation oppose it with the intensity of a thousand suns.  They will never accept the legitimacy of any legal process against their GodKing.  This is the problem.

11 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Trump said early on that if Mueller went after his business or family that would be a line he wouldn't tolerate. This crosses that line. Your move Mr. President. 

Technically, Mueller didn’t cross that line.

Well, he probably did, way before Trump made his red line comment as it would have been the first thing Mueller would look at.

However, Mueller passed it off to the SDNY, and they crossed that line in with the “Cohen” case. 

Smart move Bobby. Lulz

54 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The divide just gets deeper, though.

Those who oppose Mueller's investigation oppose it with the intensity of a thousand suns.  They will never accept the legitimacy of any legal process against their GodKing.  This is the problem.

That is why I think the House needs to hold public hearings where everyone with immunity can lay out the crimes and the remaining criminals can be questioned under oath.