Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 minutes ago, ndawg said:

I'd go a step further. This actually gives Trump the potential to pin all the crimes on Sessions.

Set aside the fact that Sessions has worked to maintain the investigation for a moment -- Trump can easily argue that Sessions all but admitted he was guilty when he recused himself from the investigation. Why couldn't this work?

Sessions has a lot of friends to pin this all on him, he has been in the game too long to get pinned with everything. 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

My money is on Sessions coming out of this thing looking better than Trump.

Sessions is the smartest and most experienced politician in the Trump Administration. He’s a racist POS Gump but he knows how to navigate (play) Trump.

Probably.  He has the entire GOP caucus in the Senate as his allies.  They already told Trump they aren't confirming a new AG this year.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

My money is on Sessions coming out of this thing looking better than Trump.

Sessions is the smartest and most experienced politician in the Trump Administration. He’s a racist POS Gump but he knows how to navigate (play) Trump.

Honestly, that's the irony here. This whole fiasco could wind up redeeming Jeff Sessions' whole career of corrosive disservice to the American people and his constituents. There's a non-trivial possibility that he winds going down in history as an American hero. 

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Probably.  He has the entire GOP caucus in the Senate as his allies.  They already told Trump they aren't confirming a new AG this year.

And they don't have time.  They're going to be spending all their time pushing Kavanaugh through.  Even in a lame-duck session, there's probably not time to confirm a new AG.

10 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Honestly, that's the irony here. This whole fiasco could wind up redeeming Jeff Sessions' whole career of corrosive disservice to the American people and his constituents. There's a non-trivial possibility that he winds going down in history as an American hero. 

Sessions isn't going to take the fall for a Yankee librool from New York City like Donald Trump, that's for sure.  Especially when Trump has called him a coward and questioned his ethics multiple times.

Sessions, for all of his faults, is one of those proud Southern types who spent a long time crafting his image, and who is not going finish his political career going down alongside Trump.

35 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

In other news, prepare thy anus, Hawaii.  If the hurricane causes devastation, count on Dotard to slow-roll any recovery efforts.  The spicy mustard eating Muslim in tan pants has ties WAY too close to our 50th state for him to want to help fellow Americans.

Trump Golf Hawaii will be the staging ground for relief.  At only $10,000/sq ft rent, the citizens of Hawaii will enjoy 10s of pallets of supplies delivered by Trump Properties.  100s of millions spent in aid, and much of it going to boost the local economy.   When you think of disaster, think Trump!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

I actually called Cornyn and Cruz's offices this morning to ask if they had any public statements on the Cohen news. Cruz's office was predictably limp wristed and noncommital to do any sort of oversight, but Cornyn's office stopped just short of saying that he would endorse and support a committee investigation into Cohen's claims. I think Cornyn is starting to feel some heat and get a little pissed. Cruz can DIAF and EABOD 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I actually called Cornyn and Cruz's offices this morning to ask if they had any public statements on the Cohen news. Cruz's office was predictably limp wristed and noncommital to do any sort of oversight. Cruz can DIAF and EABOD 

LskBkdHFslyULDRvXc9CjC7coGc=.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

And they don't have time.  They're going to be spending all their time pushing Kavanaugh through.  Even in a lame-duck session, there's probably not time to confirm a new AG.

That's why what's her face took a job at Walmart.  She knew she could easily be acting AG.

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Is this the part of the rollercoaster where you look down and think ‘oh shit’...but you haven’t actually started the fall?

Any aggies around to provide more detail?

It definitely feels like that’s where we are at.

APPEAL DENIED!

th?id=OIP.xKVmuMyqGMHe--Xz6LhvPQHaFj&w=2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yup. Grassley said calendar is full.  Also I think they'll get pissy their buddy got axed.

2 hours ago, Native Horn said:

In other news, prepare thy anus, Hawaii.  If the hurricane causes devastation, count on Dotard to slow-roll any recovery efforts.  The spicy mustard eating Muslim in tan pants has ties WAY too close to our 50th state for him to want to help fellow Americans.

Been there, do you even Puerto Rico?

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

He sits on a chair like he's taking a shit.

And that's because he is. 

He's taking a big shit on America. 

Well he is most comfortable shitting and tweeting. It's like half his day.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

You know what--I am 6'1" and weigh 235 (down from 280 a year ago, thank you very much).  There is absolutely no fucking way he's 239.

Might wanna take the B out of your BLTGs.  And the bread.

Eat a salad.