Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

"this whole thing about flipping, I think it's flipping they call it...for thirty, forty years I've been watching them blah blah blah...a lot of them are my friends...it almost ought to be outlawed"

WTF?  I mean, how in the fuck did miss Fox keep a straight face during that interview?  I'd pee my pants laughing before trying to strangle him with that tie that hangs a full foot past his pinkydick. 

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

when you've lost a prominent fox news guy...

55 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

To be fair, he lost Shep a long time ago...

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, that’s gonna sting. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fox-news-neil-cavuto-donald-trump-problem-you_us_5b7f4998e4b0cd327dfb3b7e

I’m fairly certain that Cavuto didn’t toss that out without the permission of the higher-ups/Murdochs.

Cavuto's been off the train for a while.  He's had previous stinging commentaries on Trump.  

From time to time he'll read Trumpkin hate mail and it's pretty funny.

46 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

"this whole thing about flipping, I think it's flipping they call it...for thirty, forty years I've been watching them blah blah blah...a lot of them are my friends...it almost ought to be outlawed"

WTF?  I mean, how in the fuck did miss Fox keep a straight face during that interview?  I'd pee my pants laughing before trying to strangle him with that tie that hangs a full foot past his pinkydick. 

Who, other than criminals, has "a lot of friends" who have flipped to the feds? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, retread said:

This is turning into an odd mashup of Forrest Gump and Men in Black. The republic depends on Forrest and the Nat'l Enquirer delivering a happy ending.

Try following this while watching Shutter Island.  

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is the part of the rollercoaster where you look down and think "oh shit, the lap bar isn't locked, and it won't lock, and holy fuck, those bolts are loose and oh fuck it just came loose in my hands".

and there's too much wiggle room in the lap bar, as in the bar won't stay down.  

7 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

I think this is a legit concern. Russia isn’t going to stop interfering, especially since they’ve been given a green light by the admin

Trump did recently say that whoever stood with him would win their election.  

Edited by Mdhorn

53 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I tried, I really did, but I don’t have the patience to sit and watch someone brazenly lie to my face. I do not understand why so many people will even listen to her talk, much less believe a single word that comes out of her mouth. 

this. couldn't get through it

8 minutes ago, !!!HOTDOGS!!! said:

this. couldn't get through it

Won't even start to.  Just the sight of her means a pack of lies are in tow.  Somehow, if she talks over every commentator without pause, she wins.  Her response to everything has been preplanned regardless of the question.  So, why giver her attention?

Why is preplanned a word?  A plan is already made in advance.  Oh well, it fits.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Ben's Ass gives a cool speech and makes cool Tweet still votes with Trump every single time

WOO

Not trying to give any credit to Sasse, he’s a douche, but it’s important to note what republicans say at this moment in time.  Sasse is basically telling Trump to back the fuck off.  He’s not doing that for votes (at least not directly). He’s doing it to avoid a political disaster, which is almost inevitable at this point.

I know everyone is like, “but voting record! His words are meaningless!”  But they’re not as far as influencing Trump.

We’re not used to seeing all out inter-party political warfare in America when the guy at the top is declaring war on his own American institutions, subordinates, and party members.

Sentate Republicans speaking out is a pushback to Trump’s threats/rhetoric.  Not necessarily to be applauded but at least noted.  Lines are being drawn in the sand. It’s a part of the story.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

What does a red x by someone’s name on Twitter mean?

Amid circulating rumors on Twitter meddling in politics and being biased against US Republicans, many users are taking part in a “Red X” campaign on Twitter. The X signifies a protest at Twitter's latest policies of shadow banning specific users due to their political views.

23 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not trying to give any credit to Sasse, he’s a douche, but it’s important to note what republicans say at this moment in time.  Sasse is basically telling Trump to back the fuck off.  He’s not doing that for votes (at least not directly). He’s doing it to avoid a political disaster, which is almost inevitable at this point.

I know everyone is like, “but voting record! His words are meaningless!”  But they’re not as far as influencing Trump.

We’re not used to seeing all out inter-party political warfare in America when the guy at the top is declaring war on his own American institutions, subordinates, and party members.

Sentate Republicans speaking out is a pushback to Trump’s threats/rhetoric.  Not necessarily to be applauded but at least noted.  Lines are being drawn in the sand. It’s a part of the story.

They’ll do it anyhow. Trump will fire Sessions after midterms; brows furrow; they vote for replacement Tom Cotton their Senate buddy 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

'I want the DOJ to be independent and to also investigate my political enemies.'

I sent this text to a Trump friend of mine last night at 6:50PM.  It’s ironic considering Trump’s tweets this morning.

“The Trump strategy has been to distract and discredit the investigation as much as possible and put the investigators on trial in the public.  It's been pretty effective so far.  Things like Nunes unmasking, Uranium One, releasethememo, attacks on Sessions/Rosenstein, FISA abuse, Strozk texts, #spygate, Bruce Ohr, Steele scrutiny... it's all part of the strategy to steer the public interest away from the very real conspiracy.  Nothing is really sticking though.“

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

"The Secure Elections Act, introduced by Sen. James Lankford, R-Okla., in December 2017, had co-sponsorship from two of the Senate’s most prominent liberals, Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., as well as from conservative stalwart Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and consummate centrist Susan Collins, R-Me.

Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., was set to conduct a markup of the bill on Wednesday morning in the Senate Rules Committee, which he chairs. The bill had widespread support, including from some of the committee’s Republican members, and was expected to come to a full Senate vote in October. But then the chairman’s mark, as the critical step is known, was canceled, and no explanation was given."

tenor.gif

I don't know what's more rage inducing, the fact that this shit gets killed, or the fact that so much bullshit is going on that this doesn't even cause a blip on the radar. 

Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., was set to conduct a markup of the bill on Wednesday morning in the Senate Rules Committee, which he chairs. The bill had widespread support, including from some of the committee’s Republican members, and was expected to come to a full Senate vote in October. But then the chairman’s mark, as the critical step is known, was canceled, and no explanation was given.
18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I still don't get this shit. "lock her up" at every rally, all the Fox talking heads parroting "Clinton corruption," so what are they waiting for? By the way they talk, you would think the Obama White House and Democrat controlled congress are obstructing any possible investigations into "Crooked Hillary." Do Trumpkins question why Trump and all his supporters don't investigate and charge Hillary and all her crooked associates? How are they not seeing that there are no roadblocks from them getting what they are chanting for at all these rallies? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I still don't get this shit. "lock her up" at every rally, all the Fox talking heads parroting "Clinton corruption," so what are they waiting for? By the way they talk, you would think the Obama White House and Democrat controlled congress are obstructing any possible investigations into "Crooked Hillary." Do Trumpkins question why Trump and all his supporters don't investigate and charge Hillary and all her crooked associates? How are they not seeing that there are no roadblocks from them getting what they are chanting for at all these rallies? 

Do you even "deep state," bro?

7 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

don't know what's more rage inducing, the fact that this shit gets killed, or the fact that so much bullshit is going on that this doesn't even cause a blip on the radar. 

It got killed because Trump (cough Putin) didn’t want to sign it.

Just another McConnell treachery.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

"The Secure Elections Act, introduced by Sen. James Lankford, R-Okla., in December 2017, had co-sponsorship from two of the Senate’s most prominent liberals, Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., as well as from conservative stalwart Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and consummate centrist Susan Collins, R-Me.

Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., was set to conduct a markup of the bill on Wednesday morning in the Senate Rules Committee, which he chairs. The bill had widespread support, including from some of the committee’s Republican members, and was expected to come to a full Senate vote in October. But then the chairman’s mark, as the critical step is known, was canceled, and no explanation was given."

tenor.gif

I don't know what's more rage inducing, the fact that this shit gets killed, or the fact that so much bullshit is going on that this doesn't even cause a blip on the radar. 

Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., was set to conduct a markup of the bill on Wednesday morning in the Senate Rules Committee, which he chairs. The bill had widespread support, including from some of the committee’s Republican members, and was expected to come to a full Senate vote in October. But then the chairman’s mark, as the critical step is known, was canceled, and no explanation was given.

Once everything comes down and Trump is removed, impeached, or his brand becomes radioactive, a Republican led Congress when questioned why they never did anything will respond that they did, by allowing the investigation to continue.  It's cowardly but it's the only response they will have, despite having investigative committees in both houses.  They are caught between their rabid cultivated base and donors.  Ethics?  Those went out the window a long time ago and we're reminded every time they mention how long and difficult it is to continuously campaign and raise money.  Great, find another job but don't take shortcuts and line your wallets.  

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Amid circulating rumors on Twitter meddling in politics and being biased against US Republicans, many users are taking part in a “Red X” campaign on Twitter. The X signifies a protest at Twitter's latest policies of shadow banning specific users due to their political views.

So, a scarlett letter of their choosing.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump’s first Reality Winner tweet and it’s not about Russia hacking our elections.  Nope, it’s about Hillary Clinton’s “crimes”.

Too bad Trump only has Fox talking points instead of actual evidence of anything.  All Sessions and the gang really needs is evidence.  The fact that she doesn't hold office should kind of be a hint to him on how he can stop the investigation into his dealings.