Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

57 minutes ago, retread said:

A friend of mine is an older lady who is staunchly R. When I talk to her, I have to remind myself that she's beyond changing.

Hits all the Fox/Rush talking points like your in-laws. "They're out to get him. They don't like him bc he's not from DC. That's what it's gonna take to change DC."

The maddening thing is, this should be beyond politics at this point. 

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

So I got drunk and talked about dotus with the in laws last night.  It was maddening.  They claim they aren't voting for him again, but it was like talking to one of the "just asking questions" people on here.  They literally had not heard about anything he had done wrong and were shocked and skeptical when I brought it up.  They claim to not watch Fox News, but curiously had all the talking points down pat.  Mueller has no evidence of collusion, etc.  I then asked how they could have watched his performance at Helsinki and not immediately think he was a traitor.  Got crickets on that one.  When they started going off on NATO not paying enough and but Hillary, I had to quit.  It's just too much.  I fully expect them to vote for Gary Johnson in 2020, like so many other R's.

Your in-laws might not watch Fox News but they probably have close long time trusted friends in their social circles that do.  When Trump comes up in their conversations the Fox News talking points come out and become validated because there is no immediate disagreement or push back.  They then get repeated when the conversation comes up with others.

I have a relative like this, she’s an older but very smart lady.  However, her small social network is made up of lifelong friends that watch a lot of Fox News.  She also pushes the Fox News narratives with me but I challenge them directly.  I tell her what’s going on and I think she gets it but there’s another dynamic I’ve noticed.

For my relative, it’s a futile endeavor to hold a position against the small tight knit group of her friends because it would only fracture the relationship and risk being ostracized.  It’s not like she can go out and get new friends this late in the game so she doesn’t resist. 

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

So I got drunk and talked about dotus with the in laws last night.  It was maddening.  They claim they aren't voting for him again, but it was like talking to one of the "just asking questions" people on here.  They literally had not heard about anything he had done wrong and were shocked and skeptical when I brought it up.  They claim to not watch Fox News, but curiously had all the talking points down pat.  Mueller has no evidence of collusion, etc.  I then asked how they could have watched his performance at Helsinki and not immediately think he was a traitor.  Got crickets on that one.  When they started going off on NATO not paying enough and but Hillary, I had to quit.  It's just too much.  I fully expect them to vote for Gary Johnson in 2020, like so many other R's.

Fox is like McDonalds.  Nobody patronizes their establishments yet....

47 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Don't ever forget these are the type of dishonest dipshits you're dealing with.

Despite lie after lie, and all the hypocritical bullshit tweets and public statements being full accessible, you still hear this from the rubes.

6 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Don't ever forget these are the type of dishonest dipshits you're dealing with.

Despite lie after lie, and all the hypocritical bullshit tweets and public statements being full accessible, you still hear this from the rubes.

The GOP: we love draft dodgers who shit all over Vietnam war heroes. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Slade said:

I love the confusion on his face, like he's trying to figure out why the other pictures are different from his. 😃

TJiOtcD.png

two additional things I take from the picture. Kid on the right is looking at him like "you dick, you fucked up recess." Second is Melania got her flag right. 

I love the confusion on his face, like he's trying to figure out why the other pictures are different from his. 
TJiOtcD.png

What’s awesome is the 7 yr old Buzzcut Billy in the striped shirt nailed his flag perfectly....and Donnie Boy I Hug The Flag fucked it up by the third stripe.

57 states!
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I realize the DOTUS provides no context, but is he referring to the second scan of Hillary's emails on another laptop collected later where they electronically weeded out copies of emails they had already reviewed from another source?  In other words, they didn't waste their time looking at the exact same text again, choosing to concentrate on anything new and tangible like any rational, efficient investigation would do?

26 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Millionth iteration of this, but Obama does that and FNC freaks out a lot more than they did over tan suits, mustard, and 57 states.

Kids and animals have good instincts...they almost universally hate Donald.  Scientific fact.  Coincidence I’m sure.  

29 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

I realize the DOTUS provides no context, but is he referring to the second scan of Hillary's emails on another laptop collected later where they electronically weeded out copies of emails they had already reviewed from another source?  In other words, they didn't waste their time looking at the exact same text again, choosing to concentrate on anything new and tangible like any rational, efficient investigation would do?

The answer to your question, like pretty much anything the president diarrheas out on Twitter, can be found by watching the Fox and Friends archives. 

4 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Xenophobic Republican Lady: I DON’T TRUST ARABS!

John McCain: Obama isn’t an Arab, ma’am.  He’s a decent family man.

Not sure he really stood up to bigotry there.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, SameSame said:

BORING!!  Come on Dotard, I'm off work today, wipe your butt and throw something more talkative out there.

No colluder! No Colluder! Mueller and his angry Democrats are the colluders! Putin, who I am very tough on, told me so! ACTION NOW!

51 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

Are you suggesting that the President of the United States of America and FOX News are distorting the truth? How dare you, sir? How dare you?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slade said:

I love the confusion on his face, like he's trying to figure out why the other pictures are different from his. 😃

TJiOtcD.png

3 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

two additional things I take from the picture. Kid on the right is looking at him like "you dick, you fucked up recess." Second is Melania got her flag right. 

Melania has added flair to hers.

What’s awesome is the 7 yr old Buzzcut Billy in the striped shirt nailed his flag perfectly....and Donnie Boy I Hug The Flag fucked it up by the third stripe.

57 states!

Not only that, the solid shirt kid looking over got his right, the trophy wife got her‘ s right, and dotard with THE FLAG PIN still managed to fuck it up.

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This lunacy gets people killed. I'm serious.

This is the kind of preacher that makes nonbelievers wish God were real for just a few moments, only so God could punish his blasphemy.

I'm not a violent person, but I can't help but to admit that I'd grin mightily if a lightning bolt struck him on the head.

• Like 5

Xenophobic Republican Lady: I DON’T TRUST ARABS!
John McCain: Obama isn’t an Arab, ma’am.  He’s a decent family man.
Not sure he really stood up to bigotry there.

No, he didn’t stand up to bigotry. But he at least stood up to delusion. That’s something. And considering much of bigotry is based on delusion, it’s a start.
  • Like 1