Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I just think she's too old and too damaged ("Pocahontas", etc.) to capture any of the votes that might otherwise go to the R candidate but are not wanting to vote for Trump

She has the better ideas but these irrelevant variables...

The goal shouldn’t be just to win, that’s Trump politics.

The goal should be to win for right reasons and ideas. 

Warren’s platform isn’t really far left.  It’s just radical compared to the status quo corrupt politics so she gets painted into the far left corner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't think Obama was an example of "swinging for the fences" at all, with the single exception of his skin color.

Right, that’s your perception.  Obama turned out to be a huge moderate... in hindsight.

an alternative perception:

A Kenyan Muslim named Hussein is going to install death panels and take my guns away with a neo-Marxist Saul Alinsky agenda.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Right, that’s your perception.  Obama turned out to be a huge moderate... in hindsight.

an alternative perception:

A Kenyan Muslim named Hussein is going to install death panels and take my guns away with a neo-Marxist Saul Alinsky agenda.

But that's a segment of the vote that can't be captured.  I don't care what they think.  I want to capture a bigger slice of voters who AREN'T racist ignorant freaks.

I don't know why you struggle with this.  The threat to our country is real.  An 8-year Trump term could be fatal, and would certainly set our country back decades if not a century or more.  This silly notion that a failed reelection is in the bag so we should "swing for the fences" is just flat out the worst strategy I can imagine.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

don't know why you struggle with this.  The threat to our country is real.  An 8-year Trump term could be fatal, and would certainly set our country back decades if not a century or more.  This silly notion that a failed reelection is in the bag so we should "swing for the fences" is just flat out the worst strategy I can imagine.  

This fear mongering is what got us where we are.  The powerful would love nothing more than for us to be scared into electing a another status quo shill because we were so afraid of losing it all with Trump. 

Read between the lines. Look at the big picture.  Trump isn’t going to destroy America, widespread and unchecked corruption will.  That’s the real enemy to democracy.

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This fear mongering is what got us where we are.  The powerful would love nothing more than for us to be scared into electing a another status quo shill because we were so afraid of losing it all with Trump. 

Read between the lines. Look at the big picture.  Trump isn’t going to destroy America, widespread and unchecked corruption will.  That’s the real enemy to democracy.

That's absurd.  Your position hinges on the idea that Trump is just another example of DC political and corporate cronyism.  He isn't.  He's cut from a far more nefarious cloth.

It's as if you think the voters are "woke" and suddenly everyone understands how the machine runs.  They don't.  Not at all.  In the long run, it may turn out to be true that Trump's election helped the voters cleanse DC politics to some degree, but it won't be wholesale in the near term.

The first order of business is to regain the White House and at least half of Congress. 

Edited by jimmyjazz

26 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Your position hinges on the idea that Trump is just another example of DC political and corporate cronyism.  He isn't.  He's cut from a far more nefarious cloth.

Trump isn’t another example of DC political and corporate cronyism, he is the consequence. 

I hate to beat a dead horse but this is what Teddy Roosevelt warned about with rampant corruption and the wealthy class controlling the levers of power.  The result would be the country turning to radical leaders (like Trump) or fall into revolution.

Trump and his ilk fan the flames of the culture wars so we ignore the other war that needs to be fought.  The class war that has gone largely unaddressed.  The wealthy and powerful love a charlatan like Trump to keep us distracted while they consolidate more wealth and power only to keep dividing us with left vs right bullshit. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

It's time to start a game:  Who said this?  The President or the Mafia?

Not that it's obvious (to at least 60% of the country), but listening to some racist, white guy born into wealth who's cheated in every marriage and (probably) every business deal he's been apart of incessantly...just fucking incessantly...whine and whimper about unfair life has been to him is skin crawling.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

now we're back to an argument that even if he's guilty of many crimes, it's in our best interest to look the other way?  With that logic, we should be ok then if the President decides to continue to act illegally since it's in the interest of our wallets to allow it?  

Then again Trump was right on in that he said he could kill a man on 5th Ave. and many of his supporters wouldn't care.    

Or is Trump telling us that Pence isn't up to the job?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Here's where your second quote about Obama is relevant to Warren.  Anyone who gives a damn about the nickname Pocahontas is a segment of the vote that can't be captured.  You seriously can't believe that anyone other than these alt right loons that aren't getting off the Trump train now or ever care about that.

As for age, as I've said previously, she's younger than Trump.  Unlike the president, shes not morbidly obese and in bad health.  Unlike Trump, she is sharp and doesn't come off as someone who might be suffering from dementia.  

I just don't buy that anyone would say, "I was going to vote for Elizabeth Warren, but shes just too old! Guess I'll just vote for the president who's even older, much fatter, and a man, which means he statistically should die earlier than a woman."

The same people calling Warren "Pocahontas" also called Hillary "Killary" and "Hilldabeast" and were never going to vote for a Democrat even if he was actual brown-skinned Jesus reincarnated as a white man and went by John Smith from Tennessee.

Edited by Js1
  • Like 2

RUMINT is telling me a significant Trump/Sessions scandal story is about to break over the next 24 hours.  

We’ll see how good this rumint is.

Sources confirm Attorney General Jeff Sessions was “directly involved” with campaign finance violations made by “close subordinates” of Trump during his campaign. (Mainstream media set to break this news tomorrow at the earliest)

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

Here's where your second quote about Obama is relevant to Warren.  Anyone who gives a damn about the nickname Pocahontas is a segment of the vote that can't be captured.  You seriously can't believe that anyone other than these alt right loons that aren't getting off the Trump train now or ever care about that.

As for age, as I've said previously, she's younger than Trump.  Unlike the president, shes not morbidly obese and in bad health.  Unlike Trump, she is sharp and doesn't come off as someone who might be suffering from dementia.  

I just don't buy that anyone would say, "I was going to vote for Elizabeth Warren, but shes just too old! Guess I'll just vote for the president who's even older, much fatter, and a man, which means he statistically should die earlier than a woman."

That's a fair point.  You're right, the damage that has been done to Warren is largely confined to the deplorables.  I'm not sure she's charismatic enough to win the office, but it's important to judge her in the relative light of a campaign against Trump or Pence.

RUMINT is telling me a significant Trump/Sessions scandal story is about to break over the next 24 hours.  

Sources confirm Attorney General Jeff Sessions was “directly involved” with campaign finance violations made by “close subordinates” of Trump during his campaign. (Mainstream media set to break this news tomorrow at the earliest)

Firing Sessions for illegal contributions to your own campaign would legit be 4D chess move
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hide contents

If this is true than it gives Trump "reason" to fire him and not look like he's doing it to fire Mueller. 

I'd go a step further. This actually gives Trump the potential to pin all the crimes on Sessions.

Set aside the fact that Sessions has worked to maintain the investigation for a moment -- Trump can easily argue that Sessions all but admitted he was guilty when he recused himself from the investigation. Why couldn't this work?