Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

People are incredibly disenchanted.  They feel that no matter the popular vote, there is precedent for losing the electoral college, and there is certainly an undercurrent of fear that future elections will actually be rigged.

I can't say I blame them.

Widespread social violence gets closer every day.

Trump invoked Pearl Harbor during meeting with Japanese prime minister

President Trump invoked the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor during a heated meeting earlier this year with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, The Washington Post reported Tuesday. 

"I remember Pearl Harbor," Trump, who was born four and a half years after the attack, said, according to the newspaper, before railing against Japan's economic policies. 

The comments reportedly came during a June 7 meeting in which Trump and Abe discussed trade and North Korea. The two men met after Trump had imposed steep steel and aluminum tariffs on Japan and other U.S. allies, and just days before the U.S. president traveled to Singapore to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. 

Japan's trade minister, Hiroshige Seko, said last week that Tokyo might retaliate if Trump follows through with the tariffs. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/403985-trump-invoked-pearl-harbor-during-tense-meeting-with-japanese-prime

Edited by Mapache

Trump invoked Pearl Harbor during meeting with Japanese prime minister
President Trump invoked the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor during a heated meeting earlier this year with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, The Washington Post reported Tuesday. 

"I remember Pearl Harbor," Trump, who was born four and a half years after the attack, said, according to the newspaper, before railing against Japan's economic policies. 

The comments reportedly came during a June 7 meeting in which Trump and Abe discussed trade and North Korea. The two men met after Trump had imposed steep steel and aluminum tariffs on Japan and other U.S. allies, and just days before the U.S. president traveled to Singapore to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. 

Japan's trade minister, Hiroshige Seko, said last week that Tokyo might retaliate if Trump follows through with the tariffs. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/403985-trump-invoked-pearl-harbor-during-tense-meeting-with-japanese-prime

To be fair, he had only learned about Pearl Harbor that morning.
  • Like 2

the Dotard that keeps giving: http://dcist.com/2018/08/turns_out_the_white_house_was_in_fa.php

A new report released Monday suggests that President Trump was more involved in conversations about the FBI headquarters' relocation and reconstruction than the Trump Administration has let on.

Axios has reported before that Trump believes the headquarters should stay where it is. "This is prime real estate, right on Pennsylvania Avenue. This is a great address. They need to stay there. But it needs a total revamp," he reportedly said.

Lawmakers have said his potential involvement in the decision making, however, is inappropriate given the building's proximity to the Trump Hotel, which is located across the street. In fact, Congressman Gerry Connolly, a Democrat from Virginia, requested the inspector general's report for that very reason.

"I also suspected that President Trump was more involved in this procurement than Administration officials were letting on in their sworn testimony to Congress. The Trump International Hotel is across the street from the J. Edgar Hoover Building, and the Trump Organization has a longstanding and documented interest in the Hoover property," Connolly wrote in a statement following the release of the report.

Turns out, the Trump White House was indeed more involved in the process than officials have made clear to Congress.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

We had a lot of shaggy posters who made up that last group. Spent seven years crying about Obama on shaggy, then pulled the trigger for Trump on election day only to spend the next couple of weeks gloating and taunting the board like a bunch of 6 year olds. Of course, when it became apparent just what type of leader they voted for, they curiously disappeared. Fucking cowards.

And there were even more, like me, who couldn't bring ourselves to vote for Hillary or DOTUS.  I, literally, would've voted for ANY FUCKING ONE the Dems put up, besides Hillary.  And if the Dems roll that ancient cunt out again to run in 2020, I'll vote for another Libertarian.  

Yes, Republicans absolutely own Trump as their own.  But the Dems get a HUGE assist for putting up the worst candidate in the history of the U. S. 

1 hour ago, The People’s Elbow said:

How in the flying fuck do you reconcile your first and last sentences? Today’s Democratic Party could fuck up a one-vehicle funeral procession. 

As a whole yes, but it's still the same party that a certain Muslim Kenyan from Chicago named Barrack Saddam Hussein Obama was a member of.  Maybe you remember Obama - he won his first election by almost 200 electoral votes against a bonafide Vietnam War hero, whose running mate was a Trumpkin before there was such a thing.

Trumpkins can wield a lot of power in the primaries, but if those types were unable to keep Obama from winning just 10 and 6 years ago, and they  barely lifted Trump over Hillary in three crucial states, I don' think we have to worry about Trump being reelected.

So do any of the betting places have odds on Trump going out and admitting to one or two affairs and/or an abortion should the Russian stuff get even worse for him?

Because that is exactly the kind of thing he would do - admit to something a lot of his followers already have admitted to themselves, but it would put the press in a feeding frenzy of sorts, diluting the remaining resources available to cover the Russian stuff.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trumpkins can wield a lot of power in the primaries, but if those types were unable to keep Obama from winning just 10 and 6 years ago, and they  barely lifted Trump over Hillary in three crucial states, I don' think we have to worry about Trump being reelected.

Except for that whole election influence & manipulation thing.

That's kinda new.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

Of course, when it became apparent just what type of leader they voted for, they curiously disappeared. Fucking cowards.

One group of them disappeared, and another group continued to loudly insist "I don't like him personally and I don't support him" while simultaneously supporting everything he does and says, and continuing to support his Republican enablers.  So, cowards, and the worst kind of hypocrites

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

And there were even more, like me, who couldn't bring ourselves to vote for Hillary or DOTUS.  I, literally, would've voted for ANY FUCKING ONE the Dems put up, besides Hillary.  And if the Dems roll that ancient cunt out again to run in 2020, I'll vote for another Libertarian.  

Yes, Republicans absolutely own Trump as their own.  But the Dems get a HUGE assist for putting up the worst candidate in the history of the U. S. 

The Dems hold a share of the blame, but the huge assist came from people like you — in swing states —because she was still better than Trump. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So do any of the betting places have odds on Trump going out and admitting to one or two affairs and/or an abortion should the Russian stuff get even worse for him?

Because that is exactly the kind of thing he would do - admit to something a lot of his followers already have admitted to themselves, but it would put the press in a feeding frenzy of sorts, diluting the remaining resources available to cover the Russian stuff.

No search returns on "abortion" or "affair", but I like where your head is at.  

Edited by Anastasis

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Except for that whole election influence & manipulation thing.

That's kinda new.

They had four years to get it right for 2012, and couldn't.  And damn near didn't pull it off in 2016 - 80,000 votes in three states.

And that whole election influence/manipulation thing on social media and the like, is obviously out of control of their hands, and that's a pretty dangerous position to find themselves in.

And all that data that Trump, Cruz, etc. paid for through Cambridge Analytica and the like is still out there and still very useful.

And I don't trust right-wing state governments or Trumpkins or Trump himself or his cronies not to do everything possible to swing the next election, legal or not.

They.

Are.

Going.

To.

Cheat.

Write it down in stone.  Will they be successful?  I have no idea.  But they will fucking cheat as much as is possible, and then a little more.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So, don't put up Hillary, again, and that problem shouldn't be there.  

I give people a pass for refusing to vote for either candidate in 2016. I also don't think that she's going to run in 2020, either.

But suppose we accept for a second that they appeared to be equally bad in 2016 (I don't buy it personally, but hey, I'll play ball for a second). Exactly what more evidence would you need to see in order to conclude that he's substantially worse than Hillary would have been?

• Like 2

If Democrats are still trying to use some sort of common sense to predict 2020 results based off of 2016 election numbers, that is very foolish IMO. 

Republicans will do ANYTHING to keep Trump in office for 4 more years. I think it's very likely that Cheeto Targaryen starts a war to help him win in 2020. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If Democrats are still trying to use some sort of common sense to predict 2020 results based off of 2016 election numbers, that is very foolish IMO. 

Republicans will do ANYTHING to keep Trump in office for 4 more years. I think it's very likely that Cheeto Targaryen starts a war to help him win in 2020. 

I completely agree.  While I believe a significant majority of our populace feels Trump is evil incarnate (and justifiably so) I don't believe for a minute that they have the wherewithal to overcome him at the polls, given the right's predilection for cheating at any cost.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

And I don't trust right-wing state governments or Trumpkins or Trump himself or his cronies not to do everything possible to swing the next election, legal or not.

They.

Are.

Going.

To.

Cheat.

Write it down in stone.  Will they be successful?  I have no idea.  But they will fucking cheat as much as is possible, and then a little more.

They will claim they had to cheat in order to offset the 10 million illegals voting blue

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

a LuAnn platter with CFS, mashed, blackeyes, fried okra and one of those glorious Luby rolls sounds pretty righteous right about now...

I haven't ate at Luby's in well over a decade.  We use to eat at the one in Killeen (post-massacre) all the time back in my Air Force days. We also had a Bryce's in Texarkana that was pretty damn sweet, too....especially the one in old downtown.  

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I laugh at all the "Trump will get reelected" nonsense.  He ran against he worst candidate ever and lost by 3 million votes.  If the Dems merely nominate someone serviceable, they'll win in a landslide.

Seriously, bullshit like the above has to stop. Enough. This lackadaisical attitude got TRUMP ELECTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. Republicans will cheat, lie, gerrymander, start a war, etc. to keep Trump in office.  

The current favorites to run in 2020 are uninspiring IMO.  The Democratic Party is a complete fucking mess right now.  This country is broken politically on the left and right.  We will need greatly increased voter turnout to get Trump out of office. 

• Like 1

Seriously, bullshit like the above has to stop. Enough. This lackadaisical attitude got TRUMP ELECTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. Republicans will cheat, lie, gerrymander, start a war, etc. to keep Trump in office.  
The current favorites to run in 2020 are uninspiring IMO.  The Democratic Party is a complete fucking mess right now.  This country is broken politically on the left and right.  We will need greatly increased voter turnout to get Trump out of office. 

I’m a firm believer that we should fight with everything we’ve got.

I’m also a firm believer that it won’t matter, because it won’t ever be a fair fight again.

One can hold both beliefs at the same time.

The enemy is the both sides nonsense.   OK is better than bad.   Bad is better than worse.   And when it isn't, all of our options get even worse because there's a diminished reward for being better and a diminished cost for being worse.

The time to fight for good options in 2020 is right now.  The time to fight for a realistic third-party option for 2020 is right now, if that's your thing.   But once the candidates are chosen, in a swing state, it's time to vote for the better of the realistic options, even if it is the lesser of two evils.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ndawg said:

I give people a pass for refusing to vote for either candidate in 2016. I also don't think that she's going to run in 2020, either.

But suppose we accept for a second that they appeared to be equally bad in 2016 (I don't buy it personally, but hey, I'll play ball for a second). Exactly what more evidence would you need to see in order to conclude that he's substantially worse than Hillary would have been?

Asking that question is like trying to shoot the little moving targets at the carnival when every gun has bent sights.  

• Like 1

“We're going to win so much. You're going to get tired of winning. you’re going to say, ‘Please Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don't win so much. This is getting terrible.’ And I'm going to say, ‘No, we have to make America great again.’ You're gonna say, ‘Please.’ I said, ‘Nope, nope. We're gonna keep winning.’"

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I'm still wondering what people were so afraid of with a Hillary presidency. 

Republican super majorities in the US senate, US house and state governor mansions and legislatures right before the next census. Possibly a new constitutional convention? 

That enough for you? 

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump forcing some kind of Nixon-style Saturday Night Massacre and firing Sessions (we know it won’t stop with Sessions) would lead to big Republican losses in the voting booth, and Trump being investigated by a Democrat-led Congress.  

So Lindsay Graham might be completely fine with Trump being in hot water next year which, because if this all continues on well past next year and Trump keeps on being Trump and fucking with the economy, etc., it could hurt the GOP to the point of no return.  Basically, encourage Trump to fire Sessions now and out him on a collision path with impeachment  next year.

The other possibility, and I'm swinging closer to this every day, is that Graham and others are scared shitless of what’s being turned up by the various investigations, and he and the others are hoping Trump can be taken down and take most of the heat instead of the GOP as a whole.  How many more Duncan Hunters are there?  Ryan’s little “keep it in the family” comment - what else could pop up with the Russian stuff?

Graham is 63.  You know he’s planning on sticking around long after Trump is gone. If he’s playing a long game, encouraging Trump to do something stupid now will hurt the GOP short-term, but they could possibly bounce back before demographics start turning the GOP into a permanent minority party. 

With McCain passing and seeing how Graham may actually have some morals (hang with me)...I could see him encouraging Trump to hang himself by firing Sessions.  Then selling him down the river.  Talking to the only $9.95ers I know in politics, they seem to think hold the ship tight...until you don’t...then pivot very hard against dotard.  If so, Graham’s plan makes some sense.  

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

We had a lot of shaggy posters who made up that last group. Spent seven years crying about Obama on shaggy, then pulled the trigger for Trump on election day only to spend the next couple of weeks gloating and taunting the board like a bunch of 6 year olds. Of course, when it became apparent just what type of leader they voted for, they curiously disappeared. Fucking cowards.

Just remember because those fucks don’t eat crow, this diner is an echo chamber.  

Pussies.  

51 minutes ago, Mapache said:

They will claim they had to cheat in order to offset the 10 million illegals voting blue

While purging rolls and not doing anything to actually ensure that the elections aren't hacked.  If it favors them, it's not illegal. 

Yeah.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/28/us/politics/trump-evangelical-pastors-election.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

In remarks to evangelical ministers in the White House State Dining Room on Monday night, President Trump spoke in high-minded tones about religious liberty, abortion and youth unemployment. He noted a John Adams quote carved into the room’s fireplace: “I pray heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house.”

But once reporters and television cameras were ushered out of the room, Mr. Trump turned to the more pragmatic concerns of how evangelical leaders can use their pulpits to help Republicans win in the midterm elections, according to an audiotape of his remarks provided to The New York Times by someone who attended the event.

“I just ask you to go out and make sure all of your people vote,” Mr. Trump told the group of about 100 evangelical ministers. “Because if they don’t — it’s Nov. 6 — if they don’t vote we’re going to have a miserable two years and we’re going to have, frankly, a very hard period of time because then it just gets to be one election — you’re one election away from losing everything you’ve got.”

Mr. Trump spent most of his private remarks to the group bragging about having gotten “rid of” the Johnson Amendment, a 1954 provision of tax law that threatened religious organizations, like churches, with the loss of tax-exempt status if they endorse or oppose political candidates.

Under that amendment, Mr. Trump said, religious leaders had been prevented from speaking their minds.

“Maybe it’s why you are very plateaued. I hate to say it, if you were a stock, you’d be like, you’re very plateaued,” Mr. Trump said, prompting laughter in the room. “I really believe you’re plateaued because you can’t speak. They really have silenced you. But now you’re not silenced anymore.”

Mr. Trump warned that if Republicans do not retain control of Congress, religious communities would lose all of the gains he had secured on their behalf.

“They will end everything immediately,” he said, apparently referring to Democrats. He added, again without being clear whom he was talking about: “They will overturn everything that we’ve done and they’ll do it quickly and violently. And violently. There’s violence. When you look at Antifa, and you look at some of these groups, these are violent people.”

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Wait, Trump's claiming that he "got rid" of the Johnson Amendment, which did not happen? The executive order he signed did not repeal the Johnson Amendment in any way. 

35 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

They will end everything immediately,” he said, apparently referring to Democrats. He added, again without being clear whom he was talking about: “They will overturn everything that we’ve done and they’ll do it quickly and violently. And violently. There’s violence. When you look at Antifa, and you look at some of these groups, these are violent people.”

At least we know where his talking points are going.

He will start tweeting this shit 24/7 closer to election time.