Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 hours ago, yaqdum said:

my great suspicion is this mentality was not created by rush, fox news, &c.  it has existed for centuries in a subset of our population.  what is new is those creeps and their rooskie overlords figuring out how to tap into the craziness.  i've seen exactly what we are describing all my long life.  you just have to know where to look and realize what it means.

Yup. When I was growing up in Temple there was an elderly man named "Mr. Wallace" who lived two houses down. He was nice enough, but one day I was over there picking some plums off his trees (which he invited me to do) and his wife brought me inside for some ice-cold lemonade. While inside, Mr. Wallace started showing me various pistols and rifles that he had placed around the house, like under the cushions in his sofa in the living room.  He was saying things like "if they break in through this window, I can grab this one and shoot them. If they come in through this door I can grab this one ..."   etc.... Mind you, this was in a quiet residential neighborhood IN TEMPLE in 1974.  I was only about 12 years old but I was thinking "what is this crazy old man talking about? Who, exactly, is the "they" that he thinks is going to bust into his house?" 44 years later, the Mr. Wallaces of the world are cheering for Donald Trump. 

Edited by Hornius Emeritus

1 minute ago, Lurch said:

The SHEER VOLUME of fuckups is desensitizing us to the harm of any particular one of them, no matter how bad it is.  

We’re the frog in the pot that’s wondering where that last bubble came from.

and the pot is filled with piss. Our last thought will be "Fuck, they were right all those years, it is piss."

Here we go.  What a waste of manpower and money

Do we have any actual proof of this threat? Seriously. Are there any studies done or any research about increased crime caused by immigration? Or is all this based on fear mongering tweets and the the racists eating this up.

4 minutes ago, sachick said:

Do we have any actual proof of this threat? Seriously. Are there any studies done or any research about increased crime caused by immigration? Or is all this based on fear mongering tweets and the the racists eating this up.

Rhetorical question is rhetorical.  But just in case it isn't, yes, research shows that immigrants cause less crime than American born citizens. 

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Rhetorical question is rhetorical.  But just in case it isn't, yes, research shows that immigrants cause less crime than American born citizens. 

I read something the other day that said you were more likely to be killed by your own clothing than by an immigrant.  Let me find it....

7 minutes ago, sachick said:

This was taken yesterday just outside of Acuña.

mexican-bandits.jpg

17 minutes ago, sachick said:

Try google?

Foreign Nationals make up about 25% of the US prison population. 

https://www.usimmigration.com/foreign-national-prison.html

------

Those that are in the country illegally (about 3.5% of the US population) account for a disproportionate amount of certain criminal offenses.

Broken down by some of the primary offenses, illegal immigrants represented 16.8 percent of drug trafficking cases, 20.0 percent of kidnapping/hostage taking, 74.1 percent of drug possession, 12.3 percent of money laundering, and 12.0 percent of murder convictions.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/07/illegal-immigrants-accounted-for-nearly-37-percent-of-federal-sentences-in-fy-2014/

-----

There might be other reasons for why the conviction rate is so high in these cases.  Might be that prosecutors and judges aren't giving illegals the benefit of the doubt.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Here we go.  What a waste of manpower and money

After all of the deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq, if they mobilize for any serious length of time,  they are gonna love having to take off from work and family to play border patrol. 

58 minutes ago, udaydanceparty said:

Try google?

Foreign Nationals make up about 25% of the US prison population. 

https://www.usimmigration.com/foreign-national-prison.html

------

Those that are in the country illegally (about 3.5% of the US population) account for a disproportionate amount of certain criminal offenses.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/07/illegal-immigrants-accounted-for-nearly-37-percent-of-federal-sentences-in-fy-2014/

-----

There might be other reasons for why the conviction rate is so high in these cases.  Might be that prosecutors and judges aren't giving illegals the benefit of the doubt.

You are off by a little with your first number. 0.25%, not 25% (what's two order of magnitude in the grand scheme of things?) of the US prison population is made up of foreign nationals (55,000 according to your link against 2.2 million incarcerated people according to the DOJ)

Immigrants are far less likely to commit crime

http://www.nber.org/papers/w13229.pdf

w13229.pdf

As for just illegals:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/j.1745-9133.2008.00491.x

Research Summary: The study compared the recidivism of 517 deportable and 780 nondeportable aliens released from the Los Angeles County Jail over a 30-day period in 2002. The results of our analyses revealed no difference in the re arrest rate of deportable and nondeportable aliens in terms of its occurrence, frequency, or timing.

Policy Implications: The results lend no support to the ubiquitous assertion that deportable aliens are a unique threat to public safety. These findings undermine one common justification offered for the current crackdown on deport-able aliens within the country. More research is needed to determine whether these results can be replicated generally and with subtypes of deportable aliens

Edited by TheFlyingBoat
  • Like 2

-----

“As in Helsinki, Sweden”

23 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

there's no way that cat actually believed that foreign nationals were 25 fucking percent of our total prison population, right?

Anybody that types out that sentence and doesn't immediately recognize it as an impossibility is certainly dumb enough to qualify as an honorary Trump family member. Hell, we may have uncovered Eric Trump's screen name.