Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s truly fantastic. These dumbfucks think that 1) removing the ACA 2) without a viable replacement...is a winning strategy for them.
Check out the polling on the issue. Watching the GOP gleefully and triumphantly commit suicide actually makes ole negative Brisket smile.

Last month, the Dems flipped WI, MI, PA, and AZ.   Florida, Georgia, and NC were put into play.  

Trump/GOP candidate has to win 5 of those 7 states, 6 if he loses Florida.  

GOP looks Hell-bent on giving up a lot of EVs in 2020.  

Last month, the Dems flipped WI, MI, PA, and AZ.   Florida, Georgia, and NC were put into play.  
Trump/GOP candidate has to win 5 of those 7 states, 6 if he loses Florida.  
GOP looks Hell-bent on giving up a lot of EVs in 2020.  

I’m not an optimist (would be against my brand). But if the GOP was hellbent on losing votes, this would be how.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, retread said:

They have no idea how to do it. Why not fix Obamacare instead of scrapping it? Oh yeah, it wouldn't own the libs.

Yea! Obamacare is dead! Insurance prices will drop like a rock and coverage will skyrocket!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

You know with absolute certainty that someone is having to tell him that’s not how that works.  

"Mr. President, this is a political stunt by a U.S. district judge in Texas. Obamacare isn't going anywhere because you are politically impotent and couldn't get it overturned. John McCain burned you good, sucka."

• Like 1

That judge’s decision is hilarious. The Trump DOJ was not advocating equality for the whole law to be struck down.

The holding is basically:

“This law originally had a bunch of parts.” One of those parts is unconstitutional. Now, that part was recently removed in 2017 by duly enacted legislation which kept most of the other parts.

HOWEVER, that part can’t be taken out so...because the ACA had the unconstitutional part many years ago, and I think you can’t take it out, now I’m striking down the new version altogether.”

* Bonus point: THIS is what an activist ruling looks like.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

I like how he crows about telling us the ACA was unconstitutional all along when the judge is actually saying he thinks it's unconstitutional without an individual mandate...and it doesn't have the individual mandate anymore because the GOP Congress voted to remove it and he signed it into law.

• Like 1

Trump really does have dizzying intellect.  I mean the guy is fucking mess.   He didn't want a acting CoS, so he and his first pick, Ayers, couldn't get a deal done.

After looking like an ass for 2 days, he accepts the 43rd guy he asked to do it, but this smuck would only do it if........ it was on an acting basis!

But rather than just go back to Ayers, because he's probably a better choice, Trump's ego won't allow it to happen so he's stuck with Mulvaney on the same terms Ayers wanted.  Talk about self-ownage.

13zyio8.jpg

What a dope....

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s truly fantastic. These dumbfucks think that 1) removing the ACA 2) without a viable replacement...is a winning strategy for them.
Check out the polling on the issue. Watching the GOP gleefully and triumphantly commit suicide actually makes ole negative Brisket smile.

They just took the knife they thought they were using to cut a bitch with and lodged it in their own abdomen.  We'll show you, we'll destroy something in a Democracy that has shown in every poll to be something everybody wants.  Now who wins?   At some point, a normal person can't help wincing and thinking, that's gotta hurt.  

Edited by Mdhorn

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I wonder what their end game strategy on this issue is.

repealing with no replacement bills did the WORST out of all of the so called “healthcare plans” the repubs tried to cook up.

Repubs probably think they can trick the American people by saying, “the courts killed Obamacare and not us” we will come up with a replacement, but the Dems are obstructing us!

thankfully, most people with an IQ over 50 will see right through it.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

This article is fucking phenomenal.  It sums up his presidency so perfectly.  Everyone should read. One of my favorite lines:

outwardly Trump appears to do virtually no work at all beyond Monitoring News Coverage and dribbling out a thin stream of vinegary tweets recapping what he sees there in demented germanic capitalization

From the deadspin article

It’s also true that the man himself, from his days as the most neediest lordling in New York City real estate to his later incarnation as a professional Twitter grouch, has never evinced caring at all about the suffering of any other living person or even appeared concerned about any question beyond would this impress Paula Abdul.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This article is fucking phenomenal.  It sums up his presidency so perfectly.  Everyone should read. One of my favorite lines:

Anyone who hasn’t should just google “David Roth Trump” and read everything Roth has written on Trump. There’s probably nobody better. Most are at Deadspin but there’s one or two articles in the Baffler too.

• Like 1