COVID-19 2nd wave - Texas only - Stats and such

justhookit

On 12/16/2021 at 9:51 AM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

That's just bullshit and you should be ashamed.  Hydroxy and horse paste aren't effective treatments in most cases.  They, at that point, were pacifiers for titty babies who couldn't be told what to do.

Show me where I said hydroxy and horse paste?  For one, it's hilarious that idiots were buying shit from Tractor Supply, but it's equally hilarious that fucktards like you don't acknowledget that Ivermectin has a 'for human use' version that's been used to treat other viruses for nearly a century.  India's case counts dropped precipitously after they started handing out packets with Ivermectin, Vitamin D, azythromicin and such.  I'm not saying I trust India's numbers per se, buy India does produce most of the medicines that we use in the US.  I'm also not saying that Ivermectin works, I wouldn't know, but some things together seemed to have worked for a lot of people, and that is 100% a fact.  Not to mention that Pfizer's new pill that will be hitting the markets fairly shortly is hilariously close in chemical composition to Ivermectin.  

On 12/16/2021 at 3:23 PM, LurkingHorn said:

Please provide examples of early treatment being squashed. Furthermore, what are these treatments that are all of a sudden being used more readily that were not before? The only place I've heard this stance is from far-right sources and they are usually not backed up by facts. 

The fact is vaccination is still the best, most effective way to squash this even with the great news that treatments like Pfizer's anti-viral pill are on the horizon. I'm not even sure how that's a debate. 

Monoclonal antibodies were looked down upon at first.  Then they were fast tracked to use.  Combination of antihistamine and azythromicin has shown to work well in treatment of COVID if started early, and even had good reviews of the treatment from some of the biggest groups out there (NIH, CDC, etc) but never talked about because there hasn't been clinical trials on it (those were favored toward new pharma drugs/vaccines, etc).    

Nowhere have I said we shouldn't have been working toward a vaccine, I'm vaxxed and fully approve of getting the vaccine.  But we damn sure should have tried known combinations of drugs that were readily available that showed signs of promise from the very outset WHILE we were working on the vaccine rollout.  We could have saved 10's if not 100's of thousands of lives by doing so.  But we chose to shut down, fuck our economy up, and control our citizens through fear and disinformation in efforts to idolize a vaccine that doesn't appear to control spread of the virus at all, doesn't prevent re-infection, and creates an additional, enormous "They-ism" divide in our country.  It's fucking pathetic.  Motherfuckers on here wanting people to die just because they aren't 100% on board with their very specific thoughts and feelings on the issue.  That's so fucked in the head I can't even think straight.  

Sorry I'm just now responding.  I had both my daughters all day friday by myself (14 months and 1 month) and I had my hands pretty full.  Cheers.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

No.  Antihistamines and azythromicin combo, namely.  Apparently you can't fucking read or identify nuance.   

A quick Google search shows a single study of 84 elderly patients in Spain. Can you help me find the additional data to support your theory? 

4 minutes ago, Foosters said:

A quick Google search shows a single study of 84 elderly patients in Spain. Can you help me find the additional data to support your theory? 

I know quite a few doctors personally that treated thousands of patients with that combo and have had pretty remarkable results with it.  Anecdotal?  Perhaps.  Perhaps not.  

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

I know quite a few doctors personally that treated thousands of patients with that combo and have had pretty remarkable results with it.  Anecdotal?  Perhaps.  Perhaps not.  

Fucking lol. Lecturing the board about ignoring science and it's all based on a conversations you've had with a few doctors. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

deleted a bunch of bullshit. vaccines work. all you need to do is look at charts of deaths vs vaccination rates. theyism was created long ago when selfish assholes would rather shove horse paste down their mouths than take a vaccine due to disinformation. get out of here with your bullshit. and again, idaf if you or your friends are vaccinated or not. the virus doesn't either. the virus will continue to weed out the stupid. the world is the better for it.

i talked to a few doctors...fucking lulz.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

deleted a bunch of bullshit. vaccines work. all you need to do is look at charts of deaths vs vaccination rates. theyism was created long ago when selfish assholes would rather shove horse paste down their mouths than take a vaccine due to disinformation. get out of here with your bullshit. and again, idaf if you or your friends are vaccinated or not. the virus doesn't either. the virus will continue to weed out the stupid. the world is the better for it.

i talked to a few doctors...fucking lulz.

Cool.  Delete away.  

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, crash_davis said:

you should've started that bullshit post with 

"dear penthouse letters, i talked to a few doctors..."

You should've read more carefully as I said nothing about vaccines preventing deaths.  They have helped in that case.  THey sure as shit haven't prevented spread, slowed the case counts, etc.  

Remember shit like this???  lol  

Fauci Claim.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

You should've read more carefully as I said nothing about vaccines preventing deaths.  They have helped in that case.  THey sure as shit haven't prevented spread, slowed the case counts, etc.  
Remember shit like this???  lol  

636048604_FauciClaim.thumb.jpg.e77a350d86ff84ca1c8ba8ca00208f2e.jpg

You mean medicine and science change and aren’t 100% perfect? I’ll still take my chances with team vaccine. Fuck being strapped to a hospital bed and possibly awake with tubes breathing for you.
  • Hook 'Em 4

34 minutes ago, elfenix said:

start of texas's fourth wave is here:

TMC-COVID-19-Monitoring-Metrics-12-20-20

meh, 4th wave in Texas started a while ago. . . this is just for Houston and Houston is just late to the party due to geography. There are some promising signs on the 4th wave though, at least right now, and I'll post more on that later today or tonight.  

the covid vaccines also reduce the severity of symptoms and increase chance of surviving. so even if they don't prevent you from catching it, they greatly increase your chances of surviving. 

i don't pray to the altar of fauci. i don't pray to the altar of any person i see on tv. if he said that, he's an idiot because he should know in life and in medicine, nothing is 100%. vaccines have been around for a century. people should fucking know how vaccines work, and they do work. but again, i don't give a fuck if people are too stupid to get a vaccine at this point. good for them, let them test fate.

if fauci's bullshit convinced someone to get a vaccine, then it served it's purpose. if fauci's bullshit was the reason that you didn't get the vaccine, then it wasn't fauci to begin with. people who understand how vaccines work aren't persuaded one way or the other. they made their decision regardless of what fauci, or trump, or biden, or some idiot member from congress says. this is a life or death issue, not a political one.

56 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

the covid vaccines also reduce the severity of symptoms and increase chance of surviving. so even if they don't prevent you from catching it, they greatly increase your chances of surviving. 

i don't pray to the altar of fauci. i don't pray to the altar of any person i see on tv. if he said that, he's an idiot because he should know in life and in medicine, nothing is 100%. vaccines have been around for a century. people should fucking know how vaccines work, and they do work. but again, i don't give a fuck if people are too stupid to get a vaccine at this point. good for them, let them test fate.

if fauci's bullshit convinced someone to get a vaccine, then it served it's purpose. if fauci's bullshit was the reason that you didn't get the vaccine, then it wasn't fauci to begin with. people who understand how vaccines work aren't persuaded one way or the other. they made their decision regardless of what fauci, or trump, or biden, or some idiot member from congress says. this is a life or death issue, not a political one.

Now we’re getting somewhere.  I think the general disconnect lies in the difference between “trust the science”and “trust the science as it relates to my purview”.   The science is constantly changing, as it always has/does/will.   But oftentimes, questioning the science right now gets  one labeled a conspiracy theorist regard, and when the science adjusts one way or another, the trusting faction fails to recognize that the original questions were warranted and necessary.   Science is never settled, unless you hold the purse strings that pay for research.   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

You mean medicine and science change and aren’t 100% perfect? I’ll still take my chances with team vaccine. Fuck being strapped to a hospital bed and possibly awake with tubes breathing for you.

Your other comment should have been... "LULZ... want to bet that is a misleading tweet?"  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Show me where I said hydroxy and horse paste?  For one, it's hilarious that idiots were buying shit from Tractor Supply, but it's equally hilarious that fucktards like you don't acknowledget that Ivermectin has a 'for human use' version that's been used to treat other viruses for nearly a century.  India's case counts dropped precipitously after they started handing out packets with Ivermectin, Vitamin D, azythromicin and such.  I'm not saying I trust India's numbers per se, buy India does produce most of the medicines that we use in the US.  I'm also not saying that Ivermectin works, I wouldn't know, but some things together seemed to have worked for a lot of people, and that is 100% a fact.  Not to mention that Pfizer's new pill that will be hitting the markets fairly shortly is hilariously close in chemical composition to Ivermectin.  

So a combination of an anti parasitic (not viral) drug, vitamins and an antibiotic had promising results in the health of Indians and I believe Brazilians, and you wonder why people rolled their eyes at anyone suggesting efficacy against a virus.  Would you be surprised if Malarone showed success in sub-Saharan Africa?

As far as the Pfizer antiviral chemical’s close composition to Ivermectin, I think we found out who Chem 301 weeded out.  We could discuss isomers or even the molecules like DMT/serotonin, testosterone/estradiol that have similar comp/structures and vastly different effects - or we could just keep it simple and consider water and hydrogen peroxide.  Allow the 14 month old to drink the water, but not the peroxide.  The baby should just stick to milk.

Edited by Kringelbert Fishtybuns
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, DDD Dad said:

I've been licking doorknobs since October 1 after my booster shot.

I haven't worn a mask anywhere but inside a hospital or doctor's office in over a year after both having COVID and getting vaccinated.  And licking doorknobs is another one of Sir Fauci's misnomers.  "It's not airborne, better bleach all your groceries!!"  until it was realized it was airborne and bleaching all your groceries was complete and utter fucktardery.    

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Now we’re getting somewhere.  I think the general disconnect lies in the difference between “trust the science”and “trust the science as it relates to my purview”.   The science is constantly changing, as it always has/does/will.   But oftentimes, questioning the science right now gets  one labeled a conspiracy theorist regard, and when the science adjusts one way or another, the trusting faction fails to recognize that the original questions were warranted and necessary.   Science is never settled, unless you hold the purse strings that pay for research.   

Follow the money!!!

That is all you needed to say. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I haven't worn a mask anywhere but inside a hospital or doctor's office in over a year after both having COVID and getting vaccinated.  And licking doorknobs is another one of Sir Fauci's misnomers.  "It's not airborne, better bleach all your groceries!!"  until it was realized it was airborne and bleaching all your groceries was complete and utter fucktardery.    

You display a rather stunning lack of critical thinking skills coupled with a failure to grasp nuance.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

The meme of the night came from Speaker Nancy Pelosi: 'The queen of the  condescending applause' - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent  Journalism

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/24/2021 at 9:40 PM, bschoolprof said:

Amarillo, Lubbock, Abilene, El Paso, and Odessa all seeing upward spikes in covid hospitalizations.  It's started.  

Circling back to this, one month later, it looks like many of these upticks have peaked and are declining, which is good news.  

abaliene

amarillo

el-paso

Even Austin has dipped a little.

austin

This wave has not started off near as bad as the last winter wave, which is nice.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Not sure where you saw this, but it's plausible this combo was a winner in India as it could be in other developing countries, but not by directly treating Covid. It also would have much less success in this country due to overall greater health.

Lots of people in India and elsewhere without proper sanitation have parasitic diseases. Worms cause all sorts of systemic havoc and can inhabit the body long-term by suppressing the immune system. Worms plus any viral illness is a really bad combination. To treat Covid it would make lots of sense to first get rid of the worms. Hence Ivermectin.

I could see a broad spectrum antibiotic like azithromycin being useful for similar reasons. Even things like tooth abscesses are comorbidities that should be treated to increase the survival rates of Covid patients. Doctors shouldn't just be throwing around antibiotics, but last spring was an extraordinary circumstance, so why not? Worry about resistant germs later.

Not sure about vitamin D but much of the world is chronically deficient so it can't hurt.

tl;dr Throw that cocktail at your random developing world resident and watch their survivability skyrocket.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Here is to continued hoping. 

UK also has much better immunization rates than we do and a much lower obesity and chronic disease burden. I wish we were comparing apples to apples but we still have a cross the fingers and hail Mary for Omicron in the U.S.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

UK also has much better immunization rates than we do and a much lower obesity and chronic disease burden. I wish we were comparing apples to apples but we still have a cross the fingers and hail Mary for Omicron in the U.S.

Yeah but that tooth abscess thing mentioned above as a comorbidity has to be more prevalent in the UK. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

This is just a photo from ABIA this morning to check baggage (thank god I am not flying, I grabbed this from r/Austin). If folks haven't already had Covid, they will be catching this Omicron variant. It is ripping through everywhere that is testing: Look at NFL, NBA, Broadway, fuck Franklin BBQ is closing due to cases.

r/Austin - Delta baggage check line, 3:30 AM