Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

2 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

Back in my lawyering days, I had a case in Tyler and had a pretty damn good chicken fried steak at the Cotton Patch...

If you are looking for quantity over quality in CFS in Tyler head out to Loggins. Down side is eating amongst the largest collection of Manziel  and aggy memorabilia you'd ever see. 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

As someone who spent his college years working in a restaurant - I breaded thousands and thousands of CFS.  All you need is flour, buttermilk, and salt and pepper.

Sprinkle the S&P on your meat.

Drop and pound that meat in the flour.

Drop it in the buttermilk - make sure its all wet.

Then drop that meat back into the flour - pound it out to size being careful not to tear the meat.

Fry that bitch.

Pull it out, drain, sprinkle with S&P.

*But the key when you're making it at home is to sprinkle buttermilk into the flour (and mix it around) so that you create little 'dumplings' in the flour container before you start breading your meat.  This happens naturally when you're frying hundreds of CFS a day - but if you're doing it at home you need to do it manually.

Pound your meat talk continues 

4 hours ago, Rhinotx said:

Still miss Hill's Cafe. They had a great CFS

Hill's Cafe, South Austin Landmark Since 1947

I know some of you guys are just googling pics of chicken fried steaks from your favorite restaurant.  Others of you have kept pics of your favorite steak on your phone from restaurants that closed 4 years ago, so that you can go back and look at it from time to time. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

As someone who spent his college years working in a restaurant - I breaded thousands and thousands of CFS.  All you need is flour, buttermilk, and salt and pepper.

Then drop that meat back into the flour - pound it out to size being careful not to tear the meat.

Fry that bitch.

*But the key when you're making it at home is to sprinkle buttermilk into the flour (and mix it around) so that you create little 'dumplings' in the flour container before you start breading your meat.  This happens naturally when you're frying hundreds of CFS a day - but if you're doing it at home you need to do it manually.

Edited 1 hour ago by Hiphopopotamos

What part of the chicken... I mean what cut of beef did they use,  I'm guessing not ribeye? 

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

If anyone wants a distraction from the distraction, Ewers posted this in IG about an hour ago. We should probably speculate wildly about what it means:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXPBPNMu89H/?utm_medium=copy_link

Oh shit he’s a duck hunter. Lubbock is a great spot for it. Dooooommmmeeddd. 

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

If anyone wants a distraction from the distraction, Ewers posted this in IG about an hour ago. We should probably speculate wildly about what it means:

He's hunting. He's shooting sky chickens. We're talking about Chicken Fried Steak OMG IT'S HAPPENING!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I'd never heard of Country Fried Steak until I moved to Austin 15 years ago.  

Wings & Things on Howard Lane had "country fried steak fingers" and it changed my life.  

Exrta gravy, please.  

Has anyone bothered to ask QE if he prefers CFS or CFC?

That's ironic. I've never heard of Country Fried Steak.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Fry that bitch.

I'm guessing username checks out? Don't know how you could be around that many cfs and not be pushing 3 bills.

10 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

pit stop to hunt s. of Ft Worth on his way down to Austin. It is lining up boys! or he is going back home afterwards. not in lubbock.

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust