Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

Liucci’s posts about our “desperation” and his whining about the compensation Ewers will be receiving seem a tacit admission that we are in fact getting Ewers. 

I was the one who posted that, I get it. I was just wondering how you reconcile "done deal" with he has in-home with tech? 

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I hate this fucking thread when it's just killing time. I hate it worse when somebody laments the disappearance of Grandy's. I ate their one time and left the plate half full. 

I will ask that if Ewers commits anywhere that someone start a new thread. I hate clicking on this "hot" (shit) thread.

yet-here-you-are-look-at-you.gif

Edited by Daichee Bell
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

I'm heading to the 24 hour fitness in SL. I'll ask one of the 30 SLC kids who are pretending to workout if they know what's going on. 

Ask them where the best chicken fried steak and soul food is in SL

Edited by speed817
spelling

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Maybe he's going to break the news to them tonight that it's not happening. 

That's the kind of news you want to deliver in person.

I hope he tells McGuire that he has no interest in going to play for the glorified high school offensive staff that McGuire has put together in Lubbock.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

It's now long gone, but Schubert's Restaurant in Giddings was for many years the center of my CFS universe. That thing was a saddle blanket, and the hand-cut fries were awesome. The parking lot was always full of big rigs, which pre-Internet was generally the most reliable restaurant ratings system to use. I really miss that CFS and those days in general.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Justin Wells

Just caught up with ‘22 Spearman WR, Texas commit Brenen Thompson.

There’s some excitement there bubbling at the surface. He tells IT he’ll be in Austin on Saturday.

“This (Texas) program is about to change,” said Thompson. “I’m excited to be a part of it.”

He’s excited about the potential news with Quinn Ewers and eager to see him on Saturday.

I think we're done here.  Put him in the calculator. Everyone go enjoy their CFS and resulting heart attack.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I maintained as this year went to shit Sark could still have a very successful tenure here but that the gap was closing and the needle was getting harder to thread. 
I said about a month ago all would be fine if he:

1) kept Bijan and Wortjy

2) Portaled Ewers

3) Flipped Stewart or some other big time recruit

4) Landed a WR #2 in the portal, along with at least 1 starting OL

5) Signed a couple of the big time linemen as recruits 

6) Did something about the defensive staff. 

that’s a lot of items on the punch list and the deeper his hole got the more difficult all those things became to do, but the hardest thing was always going to be item #2 on the list, and if that happened it would go a long way to taking care of 3, 4 and 5. 
big assist from @closetojumping @RGBIII@GlenFromTheMailRoom @Sydney Cartoon and the crew on the flap jack flippers helping with #5 and we well could be off and running in spite of the staff and AD and our inability to programically get out of our own way. 
this is a really big next week for the AD. It feels like if this week doesn’t work out we are at least 5 years away from the football being good again. 

They say it's better to be lucky and good and Sark is one lucky bastard. He was poised to sign a decent, though unremarkable class after a losing season and no momentum in recruiting. Then Ewers and the NIL stuff falls from the sky. Two potentially program altering events that were mostly outside of Sark's control occurred within days of each other at the best possible time. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, BERT said:

Pretty much

*sigh* I deserve it all. This is what I get for posting when I can’t sleep and it’s late. 

I was doing so good on this site for so long too. 

This is how you Surly Mea Culpa. Forgiven.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

They say it's better to be lucky and good and Sark is one lucky bastard. He was poised to sign a decent, though unremarkable class after a losing season and no momentum in recruiting. Then Ewers and the NIL stuff falls from the sky. Two potentially program altering events that were mostly outside of Sark's control occurred within days of each other at the best possible time. 

Yep. The argument for Sark being the right guy is that offense should be taken care of (I was  impressed with how much we scored this year with as little talent as we had and impressed by his play calling) with sufficient talent and he’s a players Coach/should be able to make it through the players becoming paid better than some… none of this is to credit him with making it happen but he could be in the right place at the right time here. 
If he can’t work through the  punch list I said above he’s dead man walking. 

34 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Liucci’s posts about our “desperation” and his whining about the compensation Ewers will be receiving seem a tacit admission that we are in fact getting Ewers. 

I was thinking that too.  I was also curious how much ATM paid their QB recruits.  Sounds like it's much less, and therefore we're "desperate".  If it was higher, he would be touting how great their NIL is.

19 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:

Damn, DeShon didn't really strike me as a "Natty" kinda guy. 

It doesn't bode well. Puts the likelihood that he also says "Longhorn Nation" over 90%. Those aren't the numbers you want to see at the tail end of this recruitment. 

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust