Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

It doesn't bode well. Puts the likelihood that he also says "Longhorn Nation" over 90%. Those aren't the numbers you want to see at the tail end of this recruitment. 

Fuck your advanced analytics. This is CFS talk.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

If you are getting something other than chicken at Babes....your doing it wrong.

Mary's Cafe in Strawn is the place to go for cfs.

Give me New York Hill in Thurber over Mary's anyday. CFS, double pinto beans, mashed potatoes, gravy and a slice of buttermilk pie.  

The crust on Mary's CFS is always soggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

what restaurant do you think does it the best?

I'll eat it anywhere but I have a soft spot in my heart for the fried okra at Sammy's BBQ in Dallas, a place owned by one of my closest buddies. Outstanding.

But I first fell in love with fried okra going to Luby's as a kid in San Antonio in the late 70's/early 80's. That shit still slams IMO.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, C-Man said:

I'll eat it anywhere but I have a soft spot in my heart for the fried okra at Sammy's BBQ in Dallas, a place owned by one of my closest buddies. Outstanding.

But I first fell in love with fried okra going to Luby's as a kid in San Antonio in the late 70's/early 80's. That shit still slams IMO.

That southern place on Knox/Henderson that closed many years ago had the best fried okra I’ve ever had.  It was fancied up a bit, but so good. 

This board organically created a scheme to pay players at a position of need 50 geez per guy.  Is there any way we can cook up an equally legal scheme to ensure the destruction of orangebloods?

I think it’s called a “Hostile Takeover “.

The best news, Immamac could podcast the firing of that crew!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

They say it's better to be lucky and good and Sark is one lucky bastard. He was poised to sign a decent, though unremarkable class after a losing season and no momentum in recruiting. Then Ewers and the NIL stuff falls from the sky. Two potentially program altering events that were mostly outside of Sark's control occurred within days of each other at the best possible time. 

You can call it luck all you want. There is no way in hell QE portals here with TH still at the helm, or most other coach either, save maybe one other…

1 minute ago, Junior Bonner said:

Yeah I was going to date myself by mentioning the Bon Ton. Used to alternate between it and Cottonwood when driving between Austin and Houston…

I used to plan all of my trips between Houston and LaGrange so I could stop in LaGrange. To eat. There was nothing else to do in LaGrange back then. I remember the old Bon Ton.

• Hook 'Em 1

Alright boys, all this chicken fried steak restaurant orders talk is nice, but let's get to the important discussion. Hit me with your best recipes. I played around with a bunch of breading mixes awhile back and came out with some pretty good stuff. However at this point I've forgotten which were the best. Guess I'll have to do it again. Oh no. 

Hell, depending on how long Quinn drags this out, I might be able to try out any suggestions and report back. 

7 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Soggy CFS is ass.

I request gravy on the side, any fellow sophisticates order it that way?

Sometimes. I've also been known to have them serve it to me with cream gravy on it but then will use a little ketchup to take things up a notch. /noragrets

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Give me New York Hill in Thurber over Mary's anyday. CFS, double pinto beans, mashed potatoes, gravy and a slice of buttermilk pie.  
The crust on Mary's CFS is always soggy. 
Flossie's directly across the street is better. Thanks to a wait for a table at Mary's (and the place being full of goddam cig smoke) I discovered this secret on the way to Midland. This was 10+ years ago, no idea if it's even still in business or if either place still has CFS worth a fuck.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust