Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

17 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Pffft.   Frankly, I’m surprised at this take.

obviously he will be move to TE and go on to a 14yr career with 5 Pro Bowl Appearances  

Nah, we need to go old school Bill Bradley and move him to safety, then he can have a long all pro NFL career

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Nah, we need to go old school Bill Bradley and move him to safety, then he can have a long all pro NFL career

Since we have a pretty good track record of converting offensive skill players to safety, I see this as a viable option. 

8 hours ago, Blackcat00 said:

Alex Loeb stated he could barely move it just last week. Its an obvious issue and has been.  

A healthy Thompson had this offense rolling until the the injury against OU.  

What doesn't make sense is the complete shitshow of Card. The missed TD to Worthy shouldn't happen. 

Alex Loeb is wrong.  

Thompson's thumb is a non-issue, and chatter about it is misdirection.

Just now, RGBIII said:

I don’t believe it personally but I have heard it, supposedly it was something spun the wrong way but it got back to Quinn

I mean Herman is a douche but I can't believe he would do that and if Quinn didn't accept an explanation from Tom then not sure what to say.  Maybe Quinn was just looking for an out.

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I mean Herman is a douche but I can't believe he would do that and if Quinn didn't accept an explanation from Tom then not sure what to say.  Maybe Quinn was just looking for an out.

Herman is very immature and showed it repeatedly on and off the field.   Grills, bats, sledgehammer, fighting radio people, fake trying to fight other coaches, mocking opposing player, double birds…..  the guy was an embarrassment of his own making that we endured for 4 too many years.  And that’s just the public stuff.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I think the last sentence is the most likely reason

18 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Herman is very immature and showed it repeatedly on and off the field.   Grills, bats, sledgehammer, fighting radio people, fake trying to fight other coaches, mocking opposing player, double birds…..  the guy was an embarrassment of his own making that we endured for 4 too many years.  And that’s just the public stuff.  

How do you mention all that and not the kissing players part?

God damn, he was an embarrassment. 

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Let's get this back on track.  So remind me of the NLI rules of non university people, donors, contacting players from other programs with offers from ours. @immamac 

*NIL  - Name Image Likeness. "NLI" stands for National Letter of Intent. 

The offers aren't from "our program" . Offers are from businesses. So if you have a business and want to ask Ewers to represent you, go ahead and contact him.

It's possible you might want to mention, when you contact him or his agent, that your business is mainly focused in Austin, TX and that it would be mutually beneficial to both of you if he were geographically closer.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

The offers aren't from "our program" . Offers are from businesses. So if you have a business and want to ask Ewers to represent you, go ahead and contact him.

It's possible you might want to mention, when you contact him or his agent, that your business is mainly focused in Austin, TX and that it would be mutually beneficial to both of you if he were geographically closer.

And NIL contracts are not to be entered into with players not-yet-on-campus.  But like all of this, who's going to do anything about it?

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

And NIL contracts are not to be entered into with players not-yet-on-campus.  But like all of this, who's going to do anything about it?

Ewers is on campus. He might not be invited to the away games and it's possible he doesn't play school, but he's certainly on campus.

5 hours ago, Hornlover said:

notsureifserious.gif

16 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

notsureifserious.gif

I honestly have no idea what the confusion is.

There's nothing preventing a Longhorn fan from creating an NIL deal with any college athlete at any school. Dr Pepper isn't worried that Fansville State is going to lose bowl eligibility if they pay DJ Ugaeileileileilei.

The real question is, how can you make it clear to Ewers that you only wish to make him a deal if he plays for Texas, without saying that or making it an explicit part of any offer?

5 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

When the fuck is someone going to open the Mexican food equivalent to Hooters (quite obviously Tacos) to distract her already?

that bitch needs to go a fucking sap. I'm sure she's just pissed that NIL can't be controlled by Title IX so she'll make our university pay as a matter of some bullshit principle.

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

There's nothing preventing a Longhorn fan from creating an NIL deal with any college athlete at any school. Dr Pepper isn't worried that Fansville State is going to lose bowl eligibility if they pay DJ Ugaeileileileilei.

The real question is, how can you make it clear to Ewers that you only wish to make him a deal if he plays for Texas, without saying that or making it an explicit part of any offer?

maybe we could tell him the money can only be picked up in Austin in a certain location 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

My name is Hornlover and I am interested in offering you a NIL deal.

It gets the point across and doesn't sound all that difficult.

26 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

By fucking saying explicitly that, its not complicated. You think bagmen dance around the whole heres some money to visit this school here's more money to commit? You think anyone is actually enforcing these so called rules?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Hornlover said:

The same way the drug dealer behind wallgreens makes it clear he has drugs for you to purchase without saying he has drugs for you to purchase.

7 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

By fucking saying explicitly that, its not complicated. You think bagmen dance around the whole heres some money to visit this school here's more money to commit? You think anyone is actually enforcing these so called rules?

I mean it's not bagmen, this is all above board and legitimate or compliance won't approve it. 

If Surly Horns offered Quinn Ewers an NIL deal while he wasn't at the University, they would require him to submit all of his current deals to the university for review and they would all have to pass muster or Quinn couldn't play or the deal would need to be terminated. 

25 minutes ago, immamac said:

they would require him to submit all of his current deals to the university for review and they would all have to pass muster or Quinn couldn't play or the deal would need to be terminated. 

I could see this being a huge issue. Why is a deal at say Ohio State okay but a no go at Texas? If it’s good enough deal to pass at a school like that why can’t it be the. Same here? Obviously the state laws matter, some but a gray area is there.  Hypothetically, of course. 

Everything seems to be so black and white with our university and we don’t ever go into the gray area. We generally treat it as bad and a no go. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I could see this being a huge issue. Why is a deal at say Ohio State okay but a no go at Texas? If it’s good enough deal to pass at a school like that why can’t it be the. Same here? Obviously the state laws matter, some but a gray area is there.  Hypothetically, of course. 

Everything seems to be so black and white with our university and we don’t ever go into the gray area. We generally treat it as bad and a no go. 

Texas does not want any sanctions, blemishes, vacated wins/seasons, etc. They want to run a clean program, but are fine being as close to the edge as possible. A lot of people think that it's black and white, but the "gray area" is just much smaller. 

The University also spends quite a bit of time and effort protecting it's intellectual property (remember shaggyBEVO) - They are pretty much required to do this because not doing it will make their intellectual property effectively useless. We got a "talking to" for taking pics in the hall of champions, but they let it go. Other schools are fine with the NCAAs lack of enforcement, Texas is not, because even though it's extremely unlikely the brand will take a substantial hit if there ever is something that happens.

Now, is there an entire underbelly of stuff that could be happening without the university having to even know or be a part of it? Absolutely - and we should be organizing stuff like that all the time now. It's now okay to fly a player to his favorite teams game on a Sunday as long as while he is there he meets with some fans that want to get his autograph and whatnot. It's an appearance fee because of their name image and likeness. 

There is a lot in the "impermissable benefits" part of the world that really needs to start being a thing again. A lot of those are permissible now as long as there is a contract and you leave the university out of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Texas does not want any sanctions, blemishes, vacated wins/seasons, etc. They want to run a clean program, but are fine being as close to the edge as possible. A lot of people think that it's black and white, but the "gray area" is just much smaller. 

The University also spends quite a bit of time and effort protecting it's intellectual property (remember shaggyBEVO) - They are pretty much required to do this because not doing it will make their intellectual property effectively useless. We got a "talking to" for taking pics in the hall of champions, but they let it go. Other schools are fine with the NCAAs lack of enforcement, Texas is not, because even though it's extremely unlikely the brand will take a substantial hit if there ever is something that happens.

Now, is there an entire underbelly of stuff that could be happening without the university having to even know or be a part of it? Absolutely - and we should be organizing stuff like that all the time now. It's now okay to fly a player to his favorite teams game on a Sunday as long as while he is there he meets with some fans that want to get his autograph and whatnot. It's an appearance fee because of their name image and likeness. 

There is a lot in the "impermissable benefits" part of the world that really needs to start being a thing again. A lot of those are permissible now as long as there is a contract and you leave the university out of it. 

Gotcha, I suppose it makes sense but seems to put us at a disadvantage in that area. I'd wager this may go by the wayside once we change conferences and the eyes are opened to the new way of doing things? Hopefully led by Hartzell and Eltiffe.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Gotcha, I suppose it makes sense but seems to put us at a disadvantage in that area. I'd wager this may go by the wayside once we change conferences and the eyes are opened to the new way of doing things? Hopefully led by Hartzell and Eltiffe.

Doubtful. It has more to do with the shame than the actual punishment. Texas doesn't want the shame of "cheating", I don't think they are concerned as much with lost scholarships and all that stuff. There will never be a "lack of institutional control" at Texas.

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Doubtful. It has more to do with the shame than the actual punishment. Texas doesn't want the shame of "cheating", I don't think they are concerned as much with lost scholarships and all that stuff. There will never be a "lack of institutional control" at Texas.

I'd argue there is too much institutional control at Texas, haha. If we don't change I think we're in for a bad time in the SEC. I know i've been hyperbolic about becoming Vandy of the West, I don't seriously think it will be that bad but I do feel like we could head for an Miss St, Kentucky, South Carolina area of relegation. 

36 minutes ago, immamac said:

bronn-jaime.gif

This mess puts some of us fans in a tough spot. I'd much rather see the "bad" programs made to elevate their ethics (or at least, their actions) than to see a perennial competitive disadvantage for those who don't. So I applaud the concept behind our institutional approach even though it appears to be pushing us farther behind the curve on the playing field. Again, it's a tough spot to be in as a respected university.

All that said, I naturally want the school to be open to new ideas for how we can compete without going too far. It of course is up to each person's definition of where that "too far" line lies, so I won't pretend I have the answer. I just know some schools seem unconcerned about its very existence, and many of those are about to be on our schedule. 

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

This mess puts some of us fans in a tough spot. I'd much rather see the "bad" programs made to elevate their ethics (or at least, their actions) than to see a perennial competitive disadvantage for those who don't. So I applaud the concept behind our institutional approach even though it appears to be pushing us farther behind the curve on the playing field. Again, it's a tough spot to be in as a respected university.

All that said, I naturally want the school to be open to new ideas for how we can compete without going too far. It of course is up to each person's definition of where that "too far" line lies, so I won't pretend I have the answer. I just know some schools seem unconcerned about its very existence, and many of those are about to be on our schedule. 

It'd be nice if the NCAA could somehow actually police this stuff. Slap a salary cap on it like the NFL or something just to make it a fair playing field. Pipedream though. 

College football is honestly in a pretty shitty place right now with the increasing importance of booster payments now that NIL is around combined with the transfer portal. More than ever, it's all about buying players, with no effective rules to govern it. Pretty lame when you think about it.

5 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Ohio State is a respected university, as much as posters here refuse to admit because their fan base is not respectable. It doesn’t hinder them. 

Ohio state is the model we should be following. As far as academic side pairing with the athletic side. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Ohio State is a respected university, as much as posters here refuse to admit because their fan base is not respectable. It doesn’t hinder them. 

Ohio state is the model we should be following. As far as academic side pairing with the athletic side. 

Yeah we don't need to go full A&M/UGA and throw bags at auctions all over the place. We just need enough to lock down elite guys who really want to come here, but who don't want to take a huge discount to do so. It can be very targeted at a few top guys like Stewart, K Banks, Denver Harris, etc instead of nationwide auctions.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Yeah we don't need to go full A&M/UGA and throw bags at auctions all over the place. We just need enough to lock down elite guys who really want to come here, but who don't want to take a huge discount to do so. It can be very targeted at a few top guys like Stewart, K Banks, Denver Harris, etc instead of nationwide auctions.

And don’t be late with the offers. 
tOSU offered Ewers in the eighth grade. Not saying start offering eighth graders,  but get the talent identified early and don’t be afraid to offer.

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust