Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

13 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

If he had come to Texas he would be starting already. Casey Thompson and Hudson Card have pretty damn good NIL deals and they are major JAGs, not 1.4 million but Ewers could absolutely get to that level as the starting QB here especially if he performed as advertised, come on home Quinn

Part of the reason he went to Ohio St was because its illegal in Texas to offer NIL to high school kids 

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

That’s irrelevant to the scenario. he could’ve enrolled early at UT and been eligible for the exact same NIL deals he signed with tOSU. 

He made his decision to stick to Ohio State because he would get paid in high school. He then later decided to skip his senior year.

11 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

He made his decision to stick to Ohio State because he would get paid in high school. He then later decided to skip his senior year.

This is wrong. He didn’t receive money in HS and couldn’t because of the Texas Law. He received money once he was done with HS. Where he went to college was irrelevant to that point. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

Ewers is a 2021 guy and Manning is a 2023 guy. If we get Ewers and Brown, I could see us letting Murphy go to UCLA or Rutgers

I know I'm getting soft as I get older, but I'd hope we wouldn't trap door this guy.  He's been very gung-ho and loyal to the program.  We do this to him to bring back the guy that, in a way (I know it's debatable), back-stabbed TX.  That'd be pretty f'd up.  And, yes, I understand these types of things happen for blue-blood programs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I know I'm getting soft as I get older, but I'd hope we wouldn't trap door this guy.  He's been very gung-ho and loyal to the program.  We do this to him to bring back the guy that, in a way (I know it's debatable), back-stabbed TX.  That'd be pretty f'd up.  And, yes, I understand these types of things happen for blue-blood programs.

Malik may end up being the better player anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

He lost any goodwill with choosing to leave the home state and decommiting.

If he wants to come and compete then fine. It’s no guarantee he starts or does anything of use.  At this point and even after he potentially came he’s a JAG until he wins some games.

I abhore the cold and hate NYC and when I was 22, I almost took an investing bank job there because they were offering me $10k more than a Texas job.  

At 17-18 years old, this guy was going to get a large factor more for making a choice.  Anyone who hates him for making the OSU choice at that age never really had choices.

It's OK to think he should have gone to UT.  I think that.  It's straight dumb to think he made a stupid choice given what he knew at the time.  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

I abhore the cold and hate NYC and when I was 22, I almost took an investing bank job there because they were offering me $10k more than a Texas job.  

At 17-18 years old, this guy was going to get a large factor more for making a choice.  Anyone who hates him for making the OSU choice at that age never really had choices.

It's OK to think he should have gone to UT.  I think that.  It's straight dumb to think he made a stupid choice given what he knew at the time.  

10k more for nyc?   Lol

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

Its working out great so far for him

48 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well he couldn’t beat out 2 qbs on the roster at tosu…

A 5 star true freshman (McCord) that went through spring ball and a 4 star (Miller) that has been on campus a year and a half. Ewers getting on campus at the end of fall camp put him way behind. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Schulz2.0 said:

A 5 star true freshman (McCord) that went through spring ball and a 4 star (Miller) that has been on campus a year and a half. Ewers getting on campus at the end of fall camp put him way behind. 

Sure. And he’s not special enough to overcome that. But that’s not th level of competition at Texas. 

Can't fault the decision making process too much but the decision itself was a shitty one for Ewers.  We'll take him though.  Hope he doesn't compound the bad decision through general prolonged indecision on actually portalling.  Stroud was one of the highest performing QBs at his Elite 11 among some other really high end players, there's every reason to have expected him to be the starter and he is.  Either Ewers severely overestimated himself or he underestimated his opposition especially when the big money would come at a number of other schools with a bigger need for his talents 

Also and not a knock per se on Ewers, but SLC is doing just fine without him.  They rolled to a nice easy 42-7 halftime lead tonight came out in coast mode in the second half and were up 55-7 with 17 minutes of game time left.  They didn't need him this year and neither does Ohio State now or probably in the future.  Our Longhorns on the other hand......

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

17 year old that moves across the country to Ohio to have football dominate his life even more is homesick? 

Makes you wonder if tOSU would have been better off enrolling him in the Spring. Summer and fall of my senior year in HS were some of the best times of my life. Going to college a full year early would have definitely been weird. 

He’ll be 19 in the spring but I guess there really is no age for missing home

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr.Dre said:

He lost any goodwill with choosing to leave the home state and decommiting.

If he wants to come and compete then fine. It’s no guarantee he starts or does anything of use.  At this point and even after he potentially came he’s a JAG until he wins some games.

His 1.000 recruiting ranking suggest he’s more likely to be a 1st round pick than a JAG. In fact every player except maybe one was drafted who had a 1.000 composite. 

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

All this missing home stuff is fucking bullshit.  For the first time in his life shit ain't easy and he isn't the anointed one.  Kid is a cocksucker, but he's talented as fuck so I ain't gonna cry or be upset if he were to end up here.  

Did he piss in your Cheerios or did I miss where he publicly trashed Texas? Seems like a lot of vitriol for a 19 year old kid. His parents on the other hand seem like pieces of work getting him to reclassify so that he could start earning NIL $$$.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Did he piss in your Cheerios or did I miss where he publicly trashed Texas? Seems like a lot of vitriol for a 19 year old kid. His parents on the other hand seem like pieces of work getting him to reclassify so that he could start earning NIL $$$.

I live next door to Southlake, doesn't have much to do with the Texas recruitment

Edited by Surly Bevo

41 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

All this missing home stuff is fucking bullshit.  For the first time in his life shit ain't easy and he isn't the anointed one.  Kid is a cocksucker, but he's talented as fuck so I ain't gonna cry or be upset if he were to end up here.  

Agreed. 
Just never made sense to me with the QB room tOSU has in place why he’d go there and think he’d start immediately. Shit got real for him when he didn’t make the travel roster. 
He can make money, sit the bench for 2-3 more years and maybe play a year for his draft stock to improve. 
I don’t think he will ever play a meaningful snap there. 
Also—I don’t blame him. Fuck Herman. Amazing butterfly effect though. If he stays with his commitment, would the Brocks gone with Texas? Would Herman still have his job?

47 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Here was Ewers’ explanation on why the top talent is fleeing the state:

Probably because a Texas team hasn’t been in the running for a national championship in a little while. And I don’t know about other guys, but like me I just, I just want to compete at the highest, highest level. Obviously, one day they will get back there and it’ll be great. But right now, it’s just, I’m just tired seeing that happen.

3 hours ago, The Beast said:

Wait, you think Ewers is a Jag? I have seen some really stupid shit on here but this takes the cake. 

lmao some pretty stupid ass takes in just this thread alone...within 3 posts of each other. He shouldn't get any kind of treatment because he chose to make a business decision? Cmon now. 

No shock that the guy that's supposed to be playing his senior year of high school football couldn't beat out two college quarterbacks. JFC.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

17 year old that moves across the country to Ohio to have football dominate his life even more is homesick? 

Makes you wonder if tOSU would have been better off enrolling him in the Spring. Summer and fall of my senior year in HS were some of the best times of my life. Going to college a full year early would have definitely been weird. 

He's 18, though.

Edited by C-Man

10 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Rick Nueheisel said he's hearing from friends in Texas that there is a push for Quinn to go to Austin. Mike confirms that and he says Quinn is homesick. But he thought he would have already hit the portal already because he was hearing about this 2 weeks ago.

Rick Nueheisel has friends in Texas?

Pfft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Here was Ewers’ explanation on why the top talent is fleeing the state:

Probably because a Texas team hasn’t been in the running for a national championship in a little while. And I don’t know about other guys, but like me I just, I just want to compete at the highest, highest level. Obviously, one day they will get back there and it’ll be great. But right now, it’s just, I’m just tired seeing that happen.

season 3 youre a fucking pussy GIF by Shameless

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust