2020 Republican National Convention

Mrs Whiggins

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Seriously- who does this?  I don’t see it

Go to the DT, enter one of the protest/cops murdering people threads, say something about the protestors being classless thugs or the murder victim "playing stupid games winning stupid prizes". Wait about a day. Go see who repped that post. That's who.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

So I read somewhere that Kellyanne Conway Steve Bannon and Jerry Falwell jr were all previously scheduled as speakers. Anyone know if this is correct?

Conway is still on for Weds. I don’t recall ever seeing the other two...Franklin Graham has the Jesusfreak timeslot.

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

And yet polling is 40-50% of America who will vote for Trump. Youve got lots of people too ashamed to admit they’re Republican to a stranger over the phone. Silent Trump Supporters is real. 

Oh no doubt. But they are hold their noses and vote for him types for the most part.  You can disagree with their choice to do that without believing they are cultists. 

Or you can be a fanatic and lump them all together for when the shooting starts. Then if you win you can start culling those on your side who don’t show sufficient fealty and or enthusiasm to the cause

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I mean look at how many posters we have on this very board that parrot every single Trump talking point, verbatim, but are too scared to admit that they gleefully voted for him.

You think cloakroom is a representative cross section of society?  

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Oh no doubt. But they are hold their noses and vote for him types for the most part.  You can disagree with their choice to do that without believing they are cultists. 

Or you can be a fanatic and lump them all together for when the shooting starts. Then if you win you can start culling those on your side who don’t show sufficient fealty and or enthusiasm to the cause

lol. There’s a middle. There’s lots of middles from your two extremes. I’m not a Death Cult guy. But I do believe there’s a fuck ton of ignorant people, and a mother fuck ton of WILLFULLY ignorant people who support Trump. And they just don’t want to talk too much about why. Or they make themselves single issue voters. Whether that be abortion or judges or capital gains taxes, or cancel culture. There’s a lot of different ways to get to Trump Voter. I just think a good chunk of them know enough to be ashamed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

lol. There’s a middle. There’s lots of middles from your two extremes. I’m not a Death Cult guy. But I do believe there’s a fuck ton of ignorant people, and a mother fuck ton of WILLFULLY ignorant people who support Trump. And they just don’t want to talk too much about why. Or they make themselves single issue voters. Whether that be abortion or judges or capital gains taxes, or cancel culture. There’s a lot of different ways to get to Trump Voter. I just think a good chunk of them know enough to be ashamed. 

You forgot two big ones. Guns ( I guess that could be included in judges) and school choice. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I absolutely agree there is a middle. It’s kind of the point I’m trying to make though maybe I’m doing a poor job. Many folks in positions of power and some posters here don’t want there to be a middle. It’s been 25 years since I took Forgie’s events leading up to the civil war course but there are significant parallels w respect to the rhetoric from the firebrands of (gasp) both sides. 

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

Uh, did I say that? The fuck are you talking about?

I made the observation that not that many Americans, percentage wise, are hardcore trumpers and you seemed to rebut that statement with the example of posters on this board as your evidence. If I misconstrued I apologize 

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

I made the observation that not that many Americans, percentage wise, are hardcore trumpers and you seemed to rebut that statement with the example of posters on this board as your evidence. If I misconstrued I apologize  

I see. I was more agreeing with the poster I quoted (Sydney I think) that there is a large group of silent Trump supporters - I didn't think that was going to be a controversial statement.

• Hook 'Em 1

I am not sure I can watch this crap anymore.  Not because the speakers are liars but all I do is picture millions of people sitting at home, nodding there heads and saying to their significant others “that’s why we need to vote for Trump because he has saved us.”  Also, when does the Herman Cain hologram speak?  

• Like 1