2020 Republican National Convention

Mrs Whiggins

I don't know how much coverage this is getting, but there is a group (or groups) in Charlotte protesting. According to Ms. Wilson, the organizers want to make sure the delegates see their message.

In addition, some protestors have been arrested for blocking traffic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This one ^^^^ of which I have clipped a section from. It sounds a little fascisty and burn it all down so we can haz the cake and it eat it too. Or is it just me?

This ain't the Book 'o Faces, so I can't "ragey" your post 'cause that would neg rep you.

17 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It does sound like "SpyGate", but Trump's pause and the reactions from the crowd make it seem like something more derogatory. Trump wouldn't say "let's be nice" if he heard someone yell out "SpyGate". 

Here is the video of the exchange. I hear 'monkey' from the audience and then 'Spygate' later. He also says, "this could only happen in North Carolina." Awful man.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
I forgot the video
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Now I can hear Spygate. He could of said spygate, but Trump def thought he said Monkey by his response. 

Same. He said spygate.   Trump heard monkey.

Why would Trump react like that if he heard spygate?

Edited by SizzleChest

Just now, tantric superman said:

Curious as to whether this will be 90% about crime or 95% about crime.

Covid infections drop/police killings and portland riots continue=Trump win.

It helps when the cops just keep on shooting people in the back and shit, over and over, all the fucking time.

On 8/23/2020 at 7:55 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

@Texas Jeff asked about protests. These are in Charlotte, NC. Delegates arrived on Friday.

A note to DC based RNC protesters -- don't get mad, get vuvuzelas.  There is not a more annoying sound on the earth than a chorus of those plastic pieces of crap.  No line of police would be able to take it.

• Hook 'Em 1

The convention will go like this:

- Trump has done more for the American people than any President in history

- The Trump administration's response to COVID was heroic and he saved millions of lives

- Trump had done more for black people than anyone outside of maybe, possibly Abraham Lincoln

- We are the strongest and most united country we've ever been 

- The economy is booming and everyone is happy 

- The rest will be doomsday stuff about Dems

Pure, unfiltered bullshit for 4 days. 

Haley is toeing the line to keep herself in the spotlight but not getting too close to trump for the inevitable blowback. And most of the gop will ultimately conveniently look the other way for anyone that associated with Trump. What other choice do they have when 95% embraced him? Political reality of the future situation.

Exactly. Pandering to Trump is not a negative if they all pandered to him. And they did.

What will be interesting is when the Biden Administration uncovers fraud and criminality run rampant, and indictments fly, they will all have to deny/defend/justify deny that behavior to avoid mean Trump tweets.

They will most assuredly stay together as a monolith of stupidity and treason, and not accept the election. That will be like the new Nicene Creed for primary GOP electability - that the polls and elections are rigged.

Did we already hash out why Trump is automatically the RNC candidate?  Is it (1) because he's the sitting president and nomination is guaranteed, (2) there are currently no Repubs with the balls to challenge him, (3) the entire party is willing to ride this shitshow out, risk another 4 years of this idiot and hope the public forgets about it 8 years after he's out?

There's a handful of Presidential appointees delivering convention remarks in violation of the Hatch act.  Nevermind all the staff/security for these events in/around the White House are federal employees of the National Park Service.  And they're being forced to work these events at risk of losing their jobs.  Again, a Hatch act violation. 

On 8/23/2020 at 4:05 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Why exactly is she a high ranking senior advisor? Advisor on what subject? (feel free to supply whatever subject your Surly hearts desire because I can think of no actual domestic or foreign policy in which she is qualified)

Carrying bibles to churches.  Apparently her idea.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so who are the volunteers who are going to live tweet this bitch for us?  i can handle the press briefings usually, because there are questions and reporters to kinda push back.  i would need a lot of bourbon and between you and me i overdid it last night.

That means your hangover should juuust be getting light enough that a drink to smooth over the last of the rough edges is a great idea. 

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so who are the volunteers who are going to live tweet this bitch for us?  i can handle the press briefings usually, because there are questions and reporters to kinda push back.  i would need a lot of bourbon and between you and me i overdid it last night.

Eh, I got shit to do, and by that I mean I would rather go take a shit.

17 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Not me, brother.  I've got Dallas Stars hockey to watch tonight.