2020 Republican National Convention

Mrs Whiggins

Just now, TexArcher said:

"Unions are subverting our republic"

Jesus tapdancing Christ, these fucking people.

I deal with construction unions on a regular basis.  A few thoughts here:

1.  Just about everything decent about your present day working conditions is the result of collective bargaining (5 day work week, 40 work week).  A lot of people paid with blood for this.

2. Unions are all about a living wage, healthcare, and retirement for their members.  

3.  Every skyscraper in NYC was built by union labor.  It's not a place for amateurs. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The convention will go like this:

- Trump has done more for the American people than any President in history

- The Trump administration's response to COVID was heroic and he saved millions of lives

- Trump had done more for black people than anyone outside of maybe, possibly Abraham Lincoln

- We are the strongest and most united country we've ever been 

- The economy is booming and everyone is happy 

- The rest will be doomsday stuff about Dems

Pure, unfiltered bullshit for 4 days. 

Why should these 4 days be any different?

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

1.  Just about everything decent about your present day working conditions is the result of collective bargaining (5 day work week, 40 work week).  A lot of people paid with blood for this.

2. Unions are all about a living wage, healthcare, and retirement for their members.  

3.  Every skyscraper in NYC was built by union labor.  It's not a place for amateurs. 

I was in the Operating Engineers union before heading back to school, so I support where you are coming from.

Would rather have a sister that was a whore than a brother that was a Teamster though.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

So I read somewhere that Kellyanne Conway Steve Bannon and Jerry Falwell jr were all previously scheduled as speakers. Anyone know if this is correct?

The list was released late, so it’s possible. They only had the barest of names as of last week.  

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Preach; people vilify the unions, but  labor is more powerful in a group. It is a necessity in capitalism.

1 minute ago, Upgrayedd said:

I was in the Operating Engineers union before heading back to school, so I support where you are coming from.

Would rather have a sister that was a whore than a brother that was a Teamster though.

I like unions but it's hard to support the teamsters. 

30 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not a cult

I think it is important to put numbers like this in context. As of May 2020 only about 25% of Americans polled by Gallup identified as republican. So you are talking about  a little over 15% of the population feeling that way about Trump. Which is high but not the 50% of the population some posters around here want us to think it is. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I think it is important to put numbers like this in context. As of May 2020 only about 25% of Americans polled by Gallup identified as republican. So you are talking about  a little over 15% of the population feeling that way about Trump. Which is high but not the 50% of the population some posters around here want us to think it is. 

And yet polling is 40-50% of America who will vote for Trump. Youve got lots of people too ashamed to admit they’re Republican to a stranger over the phone. Silent Trump Supporters is real. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

And yet polling is 40-50% of America who will vote for Trump. Youve got lots of people too ashamed to admit they’re Republican to a stranger over the phone. Silent Trump Supporters is real. 

I mean look at how many posters we have on this very board that parrot every single Trump talking point, verbatim, but are too scared to admit that they gleefully voted for him.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Not if you paid me a billion dollars would I do that job. My goodness. Pay them all the monies. Or don’t build anything more than 3 stories high. 

10 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Yessir. Also- 70% approval of some of that stuff amongst the party faithful isn’t all that high.  I was expecting worse.