Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

I love what Deion has done for Colorado. Hopefully, it will be sustainable over time. I don’t see him going to the NFL as he loves mentoring to that age group. This is fun. Would love to see them beat USC as Riley has always had suspect defenses. Hoping that game will be fun.  as far as CSU, why not try and spar prior to the game? This is good for the sport imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Deion does not care about mentoring to these kids, he cares about his kids.  He is there to help increase the profile of his own kids.  Once they have graduated  he will be gone from Colorado.

This is just dumb. If he loses he will be gone. If he wins he will be on to a bigger program, until he gets to the top. Just like every other coach in big time football 

• Hook 'Em 3

He’s lighting a fire under his team and getting them to listen to only him. To run through walls for him. His standards are a heck of a lot higher than many retread coaches who fuck around in a cesspool of mediocrity and such. Plenty of HC have their own kids on their teams…most just ain’t that good. But whatever. I’m enjoying what Deion has brought to the CFP landscape. He’s not for everyone but despite outward appearances I’d wager his standards for excellence are closer to the great head coaches than they are for the ones stealing money at big programs that historically underachieve. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Why do people just make shit up, especially shit just to shit on Deion? You have no idea why he's there. So his son has an increased profile that he wasn't getting at Jackson State? Who the fuck cares? 

Did you make a post shitting on Brian Kelly for leaving ND? Did he also not care about the ND kids or did he care about his own profile in going to LSU?

Do you know what he's done and has did for Travis Hunter, someone who isn't his own kid? 

Jesus, what is wrong with some of you?

Or Jimmy Horn, whose dad is in jail.  His dad asked Prime to watch over Jimmy and according to both of them, he has been.  

Some people just like to make shit up to fit the narrative in their head.

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Why do people just make shit up, especially shit just to shit on Deion? You have no idea why he's there. So his son has an increased profile that he wasn't getting at Jackson State? Who the fuck cares? 
Did you make a post shitting on Brian Kelly for leaving ND? Did he also not care about the ND kids or did he care about his own profile in going to LSU?

Do you know what he's done and has did for Travis Hunter, someone who isn't his own kid? 

Brian Kelly fucking killed a kid at ND. Might not be the best example.
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 9/13/2023 at 3:26 PM, closetojumping said:

If you take it further into the Cloak Room, which you are overtly doing with this post, it's neg time and we can burn the whole fucking thread to the ground. There are a great many of us who have absolutely no interest in being in the middle of a "my side is better than your side" finger pointing contest unless it is sports related. 

So dude gets attacked, he defends himself, and now he is the bad guy? I am confused here? How about making a post going after the ones starting shit in the first place?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, txhorns said:

Deion does not care about mentoring to these kids, he cares about his kids.  He is there to help increase the profile of his own kids.  Once they have graduated  he will be gone from Colorado.

I don't disagree with the gist of what you are saying, but no big time college football coach is in it because they care about the kids. Deion wouldn't have had the career he had without an incredible desire to win. He might leave for a better coaching job, but he's not walking away from a successful coaching career. The dopamine is too powerful for him to quit.

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

So dude gets attacked, he defends himself, and now he is the bad guy? I am confused here? How about making a post going after the ones starting shit in the first place?

Its multiple pages, P. You’re late and not up to speed. Further, I addressed that in the following post. 

Talking crap about CU and Deion, subliminally or explicitly, is stupid and the coaches should be reprimanded in a backroom somewhere by the adults in administration. It shows a lack of impulse and emotional control and is a no-win, high-risk gambit that just exposes your own insecurities and weaknesses. Especially when unprovoked.

Deion's team will want more of that sort of crap for oxygen as they get into the middle of their schedule. CSU coach should have taken his own advice and been a responsible adult and kept his non-germane sports opinions to himself.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

I honestly think the Prime Prep Academy stink still lingers for some folks and colors opinions on his motives and ethics. By all accounts he's a great guy and cares about kids, etc. but that old saying about how you can be a great guy for 20 years and do 1 thing and you are always known as that 1 thing, I think is at play.

Full Disclosure: A family friend had a kid (and to be fair, the kid was a punk and n'erdowell) go to Prime Prep in Dallas and it was an unmitigated disaster that I got to see second-hand. Lots of folks in Dallas remember and remember it as pure grift and hanging kids out to dry.

Edited by animaltobacco11

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Its multiple pages, P. You’re late and not up to speed. Further, I addressed that in the following post. 

I read all of that. However, @TreatyOak literally posted a pic of a Colorado politician and used it as an attack on @Chewbacca. I see 0 negs or responses to Treaty's post, you know, the person who actually brought politics into the argument. Weird right? You would think people would be irritated with that person. Seems like people are really only irritated with Chewy slandering The Great State of Texas and using "him making it political" to put him in his place. Carry on.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I read all of that. However, @TreatyOak literally posted a pic of a Colorado politician and used it as an attack on @Chewbacca. I see 0 negs or responses to Treaty's post, you know, the person who actually brought politics into the argument. Weird right? You would think people would be irritated with that person. Seems like people are really only irritated with Chewy slandering The Great State of Texas and using "him making it political" to put him in his place. Carry on.

Very odd that a Texas board would largely find offense to a CU rando calling into question the racial tolerance of the University of Texas for basically no reason other than his experience with racists that he seems to surround himself with. Makes no sense.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Very odd that a Texas board would largely find offense to a CU rando calling into question the racial tolerance of the University of Texas for basically no reason other than his experience with racists that he seems to surround himself with. Makes no sense.

LOL. Right?   

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Nothing he’s said supports that opinion. Why do you think that?

Honestly, most of the Deion haters have fled the board. There are still a few remaining, but as each of their preseason proclamations get skewered, some have had to start literally making things up to attack him! 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Honestly, most of the Deion haters have fled the board. There are still a few remaining, but as each of their preseason proclamations get skewered, some have had to start literally making things up to attack him! 

I was definitely turned off by the style. I just didnt like the cult of personality vibe. But it is obvious that they put in the work and werent just chest puffing and BSing. They talked big but also walked the walk. So i have to respect that. Nothin wrong with speculating and being wrong. But i did take a couple of shots at him for the lulz. Good thing i dont have to play against him so that bull junk wont end up biting me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I was definitely turned off by the style. I just didnt like the cult of personality vibe. But it is obvious that they put in the work and werent just chest puffing and BSing. They talked big but also walked the walk. So i have to respect that. Nothin wrong with speculating and being wrong. But i did take a couple of shots at him for the lulz. Good thing i dont have to play against him so that bull junk wont end up biting me.

Hey, I have been trashing Sark and I am so glad that I happily eating crow for it. 

I get you need to motivate your team and fans but Norvell's an idiot to poke the bear when it's looking for any motivation it can against your shitty team. Before the motivation was just to get to the Oregon game with no major injuries. Now, it's dropping half a hundred on you.

Oh and this is kind of a big deal.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Did Chewy get a neg? I know I didn’t neg the guy. It’s the equivalent of being the second player to push the first guy and gets the flag thrown on him. Get over it. 

You are such a banal, tedious monolith to deal with when you show up. Chewy didn’t need you white knighting for him and carrying this on is bandwidth drain. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I think the Norvell/Deion back and forth was orchestrated by both to get even more attention/talking points about this game. It gets both of their teams fired up. Deion's team is now fired up to play well for their coach and Norvell's players are now fired up to be the ones to knock them off first. It's a win/win for both teams. Colorado State are huge underdogs and really have nothing to lose. And I don't think it is really poking the bear with Colorado as they aren't hibernating at all. They have a clear mission to win every game they can and ride this wave. I can't see them losing any game because of the fact they weren't ready to go and unprepared. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

I think the Norvell/Deion back and forth was orchestrated by both to get even more attention/talking points about this game. It gets both of their teams fired up. Deion's team is now fired up to play well for their coach and Norvell's players are now fired up to be the ones to knock them off first. It's a win/win for both teams. Colorado State are huge underdogs and really have nothing to lose. And I don't think it is really poking the bear with Colorado as they aren't hibernating at all. They have a clear mission to win every game they can and ride this wave. I can't see them losing any game because of the fact they weren't ready to go and unprepared. 

Yeah i look at Norvell and Sanders as promoters, trying to promote this event. Enjoy the publicity i suppose if you're Norvell, because this is the last time anyone will care about them this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Did Chewy get a neg? I know I didn’t neg the guy. It’s the equivalent of being the second player to push the first guy and gets the flag thrown on him. Get over it. 

You are such a banal, tedious monolith to deal with when you show up. Chewy didn’t need you white knighting for him and carrying this on is bandwidth drain. 

"You are such a banal, tedious monolith to deal with when you show up".................. Lol, this guy!

buster-keaton-tea.gif

Nor did he need you coming in here swinging your dick around as you so often like to do. I've been in the thread for a bit also "white knighting" for Chewy when he was being called racist about Deion's lack of code switching. You were too busy making "sure bets" to notice. BTW get that $1k ready. You must be loads of fun in Vegas.

oshawa-engineer.gif

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah i look at Norvell and Sanders as promoters, trying to promote this event. Enjoy the publicity i suppose if you're Norvell, because this is the last time anyone will care about them this year.

Exactly. And that is fine with me. So many of these games are like boxing matches these days with all these storylines and the confrontation on weigh in. These are all big productions now. Wouldn't be surprised if Fox had a hand in it, too. Just another thing to get people talking about. Deion is the king at self promotion going back to his playing days. He knows how to play the crowd.

25 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

"You are such a banal, tedious monolith to deal with when you show up".................. Lol, this guy!

buster-keaton-tea.gif

Nor did he need you coming in here swinging your dick around as you so often like to do. I've been in the thread for a bit also "white knighting" for Chewy when he was being called racist about Deion's lack of code switching. You were too busy making "sure bets" to notice. BTW get that $1k ready. You must be loads of fun in Vegas.

oshawa-engineer.gif

I wonder how many times you wake up in the night, shouting "CODE SWITCH!!" in a cold sweat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I've gotten dozens of negs in this thread.  Lots of panties wadded up over the thought that a former Confederate state might still have lots of racist people in it.  Crazy thought, I know...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I think Prime might have paid Norvell to do it.  You know how many sunglasses he's selling right now?

• Hook 'Em 2

Deion making college football into professional wrestling. 

I don't care for all the theatrics and nonsense as I just want to see the battle on the field. But I don't really care if he does it since it seems a lot of people do like it. 

The problem with this approach is in professional wrestling Vince McMahon can snap his fingers and cause the heel getting this kind of heat to have a massive winning streak to keep the heat on. In real life sports you gotta keep winning to keep the attention. Just ask Conor McGregor. 

Once Deion goes on a losing streak most people won't care anymore. He's an oddity at the moment. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I don't care for all the theatrics and nonsense as I just want to see the battle on the field. But I don't really care if he does it since it seems a lot of people do like it. 

The problem with this approach is in professional wrestling Vince McMahon can snap his fingers and cause the heel getting this kind of heat to have a massive winning streak to keep the heat on. In real life sports you gotta keep winning to keep the attention. Just ask Conor McGregor. 

Once Deion goes on a losing streak most people won't care anymore. He's an oddity at the moment. 

You seriously think Deion doesn't know he has to win for this to keep working?  #1 2025 QB in the country (Bryce Underwood) will be in Boulder for tomorrow's game.  That's how you keep it working.  Buffs don't have to go undefeated for this season to be a huge success for him.  A bowl game does that.

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Lol. College football has always had big personalities and outlandish nonsense. Catholics versus Convicts. Brian Bosworth. The turnover chain. Spurrier's trash talk. 

And if anyone wants to bemoan what he is doing to the college game, I hope they look first at what bullshit television and money has done to the sport to where literally 100-year-old conferences are torn down overnight to where UCLA is now in a conference with Rutgers.

At least Deion gives me something I care about watching.