Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

4 hours ago, The Dog said:

CU got exposed last night. This is a CSU team that was blown out at home by Washington State (who might actually be good - Apple Cup should be fun) and they really pushed the Buffs around in their house.  

The Buffs have played a pretty soft schedule so far. Here's what they have left (from Massey ratings):

image.thumb.png.d291c6ceca133ed5c355f3f0174e166a.png

Other than TCU they've pretty much just "held serve" to this point. Life is about to get a lot harder.

Not only are the teams better but everyone has CU circled on their schedule now. 

That said, bowl eligibility is there for the taking as ASU and Stanford are REALLY bad and should be wins for CU. That means only one more needed and that's doable IMHO as long as they stay healthy.  

Ehh, I still say you can’t make the claim they were exposed when one of their best players (2-way player) got turbofucked in the 1st quarter and was sent to the hospital. It was also a rivalry game. I think those 2 things are major variables before making the claim they were “exposed.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Ehh, I still say you can’t make the claim they were exposed when one of their best players (2-way player) got turbofucked in the 1st quarter and was sent to the hospital. It was also a rivalry game. I think those 2 things are major variables before making the claim they were “exposed.”

Fair point on the player but EVERYONE thought CSU was going to get clobbered and they dominated the LOS on both sides. 

4 hours ago, The Dog said:

CU got exposed last night.

Got exposed, lol?

How about got exposure?

I love Deion. He is a master promoter. Remember how some of you made fun of me for saying he knows how to merchandise his brand? 

Last weekend, he ratchets up the media over some rando CS coach comment and sells $1.5 MILLION of his sunglasses the very next day! 

This is way bigger than football now. The Deion factor means it isn't about wins, anymore. 

Stars and performers are now attending Colorado games. It's become the cool thing to be, kinda like USC during their reign under Pete Carroll. 

People attending the game and on the sidelines last Saturday night. We are talking about Colorado vs Colorado State. 

1. Kawhi Leonard
  2. Key Glock
  3. Master P
  4. Lil Wayne
  5. The Rock
  6. Gronk
  7. Shannon Sharpe
  8. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
  9. Rap star Offset
  10. Rap star Cordae
  11. Pat McAfee
  12. Desmond Howard

Here's a question: Where do you think today's top recruits are going to want to play? 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Got exposed, lol?

How about got exposure?

I love Deion. He is a master promoter. Remember how some of you made fun of me for saying he knows how to merchandise his brand? 

Last weekend, he ratchets up the media over some rando CS coach comment and sells $1.5 MILLION of his sunglasses the very next day! 

This is way bigger than football now. The Deion factor means it isn't about wins, anymore. 

Stars and performers are now attending Colorado games. It's become the cool thing to be, kinda like USC during their reign under Pete Carroll. 

People attending the game and on the sidelines last Saturday night. We are talking about Colorado vs Colorado State. 

1. Kawhi Leonard
  2. Key Glock
  3. Master P
  4. Lil Wayne
  5. The Rock
  6. Gronk
  7. Shannon Sharpe
  9. Rap star Offset
  10. Rap star Cordae
  11. Pat McAfee
  12. Desmond Howard

Here's a question: Where do you think today's top recruits are going to want to play? 

Today’s top recruits will still want to play for winning teams that get them to the NFL.  That may or may not be Deion.

• Hook 'Em 1

There has been a few NFL hall of fame players that coached in the NFL, but has anyone other than Deion coached in college? I can't place one but the there could be some old timer that did. Anyway that in itself will help him recruit and if keeps winning, they keep giving him 60 minutes segments and kickoff shows each week I don't see how doesn't end up with top recruiting classes and all the top transfers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pancho said:

When one climbs Mount Take you don’t do it silently. That was a salvo to be delivered on their way to the top where they can attempt to dethrone King Screamin’ and the Prince of Dark Takes, Lord Bayless. Many more loud tales are coming for the take climbers.

Just now, txhorns said:

Today’s top recruits will still want to play for winning teams that get them to the NFL.  That may or may not be Deion.

That is partially true and relevant, for sure.  

But he has already changed the way people will construct a college team forever. And yes, he is polarizing. People who are trailblazers are ALWAYS polarizing because they threaten the unimaginative morons who hide behind the conventional wisdom. He took lots of crap from the HBUC coaches and is starting to now from the D1 ones for exposing them for the (mostly) frauds that they are who are in cahoots with the AD's to rob the fanbases.

Jimbo-FU.jpg    

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

When one climbs Mount Take you don’t do it silently. That was a salvo to be delivered on their way to the top where they can attempt to dethrone King Screamin’ and the Prince of Dark Takes, Lord Bayless. Many more loud tales are coming for the take climbers.

image.gif.c0a1c812b9e7668c1037d3a84029c6cf.gif

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

People shouting from the top of Mount Take is honestly one of the most humorous things you will find on this website. Really that can be applied to any other place where hot takes come in by the hundreds when a team loses that they are wanting to see fail anyhow.

Hey, UpperWestside, have you had the burger and fries at Hi-Life at Amsterdam and 83rd Street? They serve the fries in an upright metal cone. They are awesome with mayo and you can watch football at the bar. Also, yeah, Parm at 71st and Columbus is a technically a chain, but it's freaking amazing.

30 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Hey, UpperWestside, have you had the burger and fries at Hi-Life at Amsterdam and 83rd Street? They serve the fries in an upright metal cone. They are awesome with mayo and you can watch football at the bar. Also, yeah, Parm at 71st and Columbus is a technically a chain, but it's freaking amazing.

I’ll be honest here. Working as a server makes me stay away from restaurants. It’s not because I have anything against good establishments, and I am sure these two are nice, but I can only take so much of being in the setting of a restaurant. I will attempt to try these places though. Thank you for the recommendations.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

image.gif.c0a1c812b9e7668c1037d3a84029c6cf.gif

I see that you are perhaps not as well versed in reading hot takes. All of these “take artists” constantly try to one up each other while getting to the top of the fictitious Mount Take, as coined by, if memory serves correct, Drew Magary on Defector.

It’s embarrassing the lengths grown people will go to in order to spit out hot takes that are just nonsense. Just enjoy the show that is Deion and tune in to see what he’ll do next instead of the one-upping other posters with comically terrible takes.

• Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I’ll be honest here. Working as a server makes me stay away from restaurants. My t’a not because I have anything against good establishments, and I am sure these two are nice, but I can only take so much of being in the setting of a restaurant. I will attempt to try these places though. Thank you for the recommendations.

You are welcome. Lived in Manhattan for 20 years (including Upper West Side) and now going back often cause younger daughter is living there. Be back at Thanksgiving. Can never get enough of it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, naija said:

the goalposts just keep getting moved. that's all.  went from the team won't win anything to now it's all smoke and mirrors... wait for the hot-takes when they do finally lose one

I don't think he/they got exposed. But I also think you can be honest that winning in OT against CSU, at home, after all that was said, was not the win they thought it would be. To storm the field and act like it was a big test and one of resiliency is a) coachspeak for trying to find silver lining and make chicken salad out of a chicken poop played game and b) downplaying that you didn't actually back up your talk of escalation, you just really eeked out the bare minimum, which is a net negative. Here is why I say that:

When Deion made the proclamation "we were gonna have a nice game, but now they made it personal!", the implication was that you were going to go full throttle and annihilate CSU. The same CSU which:

• you were the 20+ point favorite already, and
  • the same CSU which was the only W of the season for the pre-Deion, hapless and horrible CU team.

CSU came out and punched you back in the mouth, and it was a dog fight. You can chalk it up to in-state rivalry, I guess, but that's not the full story. This was the only game of the first three that CU was slated to win in a crushing victory for the last 12 months (Deion or no Deion). 

The story here actually is that, as Bill Youst once said to ole Herm Boone, Deion's sinful pride is putting a target on their back (see: hit on Hunter) and creating a situation where they are going to get everyone's best and potentially dirtiest efforts, week in and week out. From a football perspective that feels unnecessary, but maybe in this new world of NIL and transfer portal and personal brands, it's genius. Who am I to judge?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

You are welcome. Lived in Manhattan for 20 years (including Upper West Side) and now going back often cause younger daughter is living there. Be back at Thanksgiving. Can never get enough of it. 

We could meet up while you’re here if you want. My UWS time is spent more in places like the AMNH where I have a membership or the AMC by Lincoln Center. Got some cool new exhibits that I enjoy seeing like the butterfly room at the AMNH.

3 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

We could meet up while you’re here if you want. My UWS time is spent more in places like the AMNH where I have a membership or the AMC by Lincoln Center. Got some cool new exhibits that I enjoy seeing like the butterfly room at the AMNH.

Well, we will be crazy busy, but it would be fun to meet up.

• Hook 'Em 1

So if we had 2 separate guys get injured instead of one during the game? When you are relying on one guy to play both ways it is unfortunately a bigger impact when he gets injured. We were also missing our best RB and lost our starting RG during the game.
And Texas didn't trail after the 1Q last night.
Is not so much that Hunter got hurt, but how he got hurt, IMO.

I don't think he/they got exposed. But I also think you can be honest that winning in OT against CSU, at home, after all that was said, was not the win they thought it would be. To storm the field and act like it was a big test and one of resiliency is a) coachspeak for trying to find silver lining and make chicken salad out of a chicken poop played game and b) downplaying that you didn't actually back up your talk of escalation, you just really eeked out the bare minimum, which is a net negative. Here is why I say that:
When Deion made the proclamation "we were gonna have a nice game, but now they made it personal!", the implication was that you were going to go full throttle and annihilate CSU. The same CSU which:
  • you were the 20+ point favorite already, and
  • the same CSU which was the only W of the season for the pre-Deion, hapless and horrible CU team.
CSU came out and punched you back in the mouth, and it was a dog fight. You can chalk it up to in-state rivalry, I guess, but that's not the full story. This was the only game of the first three that CU was slated to win in a crushing victory for the last 12 months (Deion or no Deion). 
The story here actually is that, as Bill Youst once said to ole Herm Boone, Deion's sinful pride is putting a target on their back (see: hit on Hunter) and creating a situation where they are going to get everyone's best and potentially dirtiest efforts, week in and week out. From a football perspective that feels unnecessary, but maybe in this new world of NIL and transfer portal and personal brands, it's genius. Who am I to judge?

They won 1 fucking game last year. How is being 3-0 mean they are exposed again?
  • Hook 'Em 3

I don’t see how USC doesn’t post 60+ on the buffs. LR loves shallow drags, it’s like a staple of his offense. And those plays were ripping Colorado all night. 

as an aside, I do think it’s interesting how Deion has become a racial divide. Fucking dumb shit Pat Mcafee couldn’t stop referencing “southern whites” not liking Deion. He’s a fucking race baiting shithead

I nbever thought I’d say this but I like Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayliss more than Pat McAfee, and I really hate both of them. McAfee is just a douchebag in a really silly looking muscle shirt that looks like his mother made for him. He’s so fucking annoying.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

No shit. Most of us looked at their schedule and thought 4 wins was their ceiling. 

I’ve never rooted for Deion and I’m still not rooting for him but him at CU is interesting and entertaining as hell. Enjoy the ride. 

"Most of us" looked at their schedule and thought the one win that you could likely bank on, was CSU. Because of reasons previously stated.

They won 1 fucking game last year. How is being 3-0 mean they are exposed again?

They are a surprising (to most) 3-0, I'm not saying they are exposed, in fact the first sentence I led off with was "they aren't exposed, but..."

CU made that win harder than it needed to be by riling up CSU to punch above their weight (and they completely suck), for reasons that may be smart and prudent in the long term for all I know, because they feel the need to use every available opportunity that presents themselves to create drama and conflict.

Maybe you'll see some lessons learned from the coach staff and leaders on the team after this week and headed into the hard part of the schedule, but it's been nothing short of genius marketing, for sure. I said this in a previous post, Deion is a CMO in a football player's body.

• Hook 'Em 1

I nbever thought I’d say this but I like Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayliss more than Pat McAfee, and I really hate both of them. McAfee is just a douchebag in a really silly looking muscle shirt that looks like his mother made for him. He’s so fucking annoying.
He did a fun thing with the CU women's soccer team on Friday. But hate away if that's what you want to do.

6 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
On 9/16/2023 at 9:42 PM, Hank_Hill said:
We won by 21 in regulation. Y’all rushed the field against CSU. We are not the same, titty baby.

Both undefeated, right?

Texas, oddly, doesn’t have anything to do with Colorado looking like ass last night. Keep fucking that chicken though. 

We've seen how Deion handles success. What I want to see is how he handles failure. Deion rarely failed at Jackson State. Oregon and USC more likely than not will provide us that scenario, especially with Hunter out. If CSU can push you around, USC and Oregon will do it as well. That said, his offense will keep CU in more of these games than not. USC certainly isn't a great defense. I can't wait to see the game with Oregon as Tech made Oregon look average. 

Edited by mdmost
Jackson/Jacksonville? What's the difference?
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

We all know why you hate McAfee.

12f35ff0-3861-4078-b04c-d429cbe8e00a_text.gif.f71f3abbd401dd4962d9b63e87f95fca.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

1. Kawhi Leonard
  2. Key Glock
  3. Master P
  4. Lil Wayne
  5. The Rock
  6. Gronk
  7. Shannon Sharpe
  9. Rap star Offset
  10. Rap star Cordae
  11. Pat McAfee
  12. Desmond Howard

Wherever rap star Cordae is in attendance, IMO

13 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

in some level of order they want to win, get paid via NIL and get developed so they can get drafted.

i can't speak to the "win" part because who knows there. but paid via NIL is a huge huge huge question mark and get developed is also a huge question mark (for example, if you are a top WR are you choosing tOSU or CU if you want to go to the NFL?) - but that could change w/ some track record of getting dudes drafted.

hype is great, but hype only works if you keep winning.

i'd love to see CU become the cream of the crop in the B12 moving forward. but this CU team, while very good, has a huge amount of holes on it. medium term let's see how he answers the deficiencies in his team and how he recruits at the HS level.

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, NoName said:

in some level of order they want to win, get paid via NIL and get developed so they can get drafted.

i can't speak to the "win" part because who knows there. but paid via NIL is a huge huge huge question mark and get developed is also a huge question mark (for example, if you are a top WR are you choosing tOSU or CU if you want to go to the NFL?) - but that could change w/ some track record of getting dudes drafted.

hype is great, but hype only works if you keep winning.

i'd love to see CU become the cream of the crop in the B12 moving forward. but this CU team, while very good, has a huge amount of holes on it. medium term let's see how he answers the deficiencies in his team and how he recruits at the HS level.

Good points. Time will tell, for sure, but we've never seen a start like this. The fact that they even have top-rated recruits visiting them shows how much impact Deion has made in a very short time. 

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

We've seen how Deion handles success. What I want to see is how he handles failure. Deion rarely failed at Jacksonville State. Oregon and USC more likely than not will provide us that scenario, especially with Hunter out. If CSU can push you around, USC and Oregon will do it as well. That said, his offense will keep CU in more of these games than not. USC certainly isn't a great defense. I can't wait to see the game with Oregon as Tech made Oregon look average. 

*Jackson State. Jacksonville State is a different school that is soon to be FBS level

Oregon is 20.5 point favorites at home this Saturday.

Really interested to see how Colorado plays on the road after having three straight games with a lot of hype. Can they get up for another one? Biggest test of the season so far for them, by a mile. If things go sideways, there will be a lot of folks jumping off the bandwagon.

17 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Really interested to see how Colorado plays on the road after having three straight games with a lot of hype. Can they get up for another one? Biggest test of the season so far for them, by a mile. If things go sideways, there will be a lot of folks jumping off the bandwagon.

SP+ has the spread at 28 points. the only projection system thats doing well in prediction tracker that I saw (Payne) has it at 12.x points. very interested to see what the average/mean spread is over at prediction tracker once we get further into the week and more systems are updated.

Oregon is one of the few good offenses AND defenses they face this season. Oregon is currently up to the #11 overall SP+ team w/ #2 SP+ Offense and #40 SP+ Defense - before this week they were the #8 F+ (SP++ FEI combined) offense and #44 defense. will update once FEI is updated.

here is Bill C's blurb on CU from the SP+ Week 4 rankings, where he has Colorado at #76 with #50 offense and #102 defense.

image.png.64a4e42ed879e9d564c3f92be883054c.png

here is where the P12 ranks by average SP+

image.png.a49d53b071f3c9703c1e191db3201f59.png

Bill C ranked undefeated teams and here is where CU ranks w/ more info.

F6T3Rf8XIAAs50I?format=jpg&name=large

it's hard to win with a negative Success Rate

F6UA369WIAAQQUb?format=jpg&name=orig

F6UD24qXEAAFgvt?format=jpg&name=large

colorado is a fascinating case study for the rest of the year. 

Edited by NoName

16 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

They'll probably lose.  Nobody expects them to finish undefeated.  What I expect people want to see if a competitive game ala how Tech played them.  Even if they finish with 5-6 wins, it's a "win" for the program.  Managing expectations YOY is going to be the true test.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

At the point when they need him the most to have a good chance in those games. 

damn. hate it when cheap shots end up in injuries like this

but who would be shocked to see him make a "miraculous" recovery and play this week or next week?

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Losing a game you are expected to lose shouldn't matter much should it? Even if they get blown out I don’t think people will care unless it looks like they quit. Everyone knows how thin they are and now they are without their best defensive player and one of their top offensive threats. 

Crazy that this thread has gone from “O/U should be 3 wins and I’ll take the under” to “if they have a bad showing on the road against the 10th ranked team in the country the wheels are gonna come off”

• Hook 'Em 1