Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

Look, I'm not a doctor. I'm actually the other profession on this site (lawyer) that typically fights each other like the bicycle jousting scene in Quick Change. But are we really going to say that a lacerated liver is evidence of the hit being extra malicious? I think the hit is dirty, but nothing more than your run of the mill hard hit that players will eat the flag on just to get into the other team's head. Organ damage is sometimes a freak byproduct of a hit (Chris Simms, Steve Edmonds, Damar Hamlin) and I don't think that severe injury was the intended result.

He came in hard and popped Hunter in an almost bang/bang play. He could have pulled up, but wanted to get a hard hit in during a game with a lot of chirping. That's football, per Deion himself. This isn't in the same ballpark, to my eye, as other obvious dirty cheap shots like Kellen Heard on Colt McCoy nor does the CSU player seem to have a history of dirty shots preceding this one like the Burfict hit on Antonio Brown.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

This is human behavior no matter the fanbase. It’s horrific and is not in line with what he should be dealing with. He should be facing a multi-game suspension and not death threats or personal information being posted about him and his family.

This is bullshit.

I don't remember any Texas fan threatening Dallas Turner for his fucking dirty play last year on Ewers. It's fucking football, you are going to get hit, and sometimes you are going to get hit late. Was the CSU player intentionally trying to injure Hunter, absolutely not, he probably didn't even know who it was he hit late.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Eastwood said:

He came in hard and popped Hunter in an almost bang/bang play. He could have pulled up, but wanted to get a hard hit in during a game with a lot of chirping.

That hit wouldn't have caused much of a stir for the majority of the time the sport has been played (1900-2010 or so. )

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Steve Edmond lacerated his liver in DKR against Tech from a crack back block. The resulting internal injury is abnormal, hard blindside hits are not. Quan Cosby destroying that OU player was a legal (at the time) hit but similar level of unnecessary violence, if he’d lacerated that dudes liver would we stop jerking off to it every year? It’s football, freak shit happens. The hit was a dirty emotional play that happens every season, nothing more. 

Even Quan's block was extremely relevant to the play, especially within that rule set.

The hit the other night was 100% unnecessary and absolutely outside the play on the field.  It wasn't a "Did he take two steps?" move or anything remotely close to a judgment call.  The ball had already hit the ground.  It was pure bullshit.

Does Coach Prime bear any responsibility for putting a guy with a lacerated liver back out on the field?

Serious question.

I can’t stand Prime. But I’m not gonna blame him for that without knowing if he talked Hunter in to going back out or not. It’s possible Hunter said he was ok and convinced everyone he was and the pain wound up too much for him.

If Deion or anyone on the staff knew he was banged up and talked him into going back out, they need to be fired.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Was the CSU player intentionally trying to injure Hunter, absolutely not, he probably didn't even know who it was he hit late.

I don't know, it certainly looked like he was specifically targeting Hunter, ball be damned. And I think the entire CSU squad knew who Hunter was, especially after he called them out pre-game. I'm still on the side of it was a dirty hit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DreadHead said:

I don't know, it certainly looked like he was specifically targeting Hunter, ball be damned. And I think the entire CSU squad knew who Hunter was, especially after he called them out pre-game. I'm still on the side of it was a dirty hit. 

And dirty hits happened in almost every game of football. Why does this one get more exposure than other ones, because Deion has projected the idea that the entire world is against him and his team to anyone that will listen?

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

And dirty hits happened in almost every game of football. Why does this one get more exposure than other ones, because Deion has projected the idea that the entire world is against him and his team to anyone that will listen?

Do you watch sports regularly? Did you see the ratings the game had? No shit people are talking about it more than some late hit between ACU vs SHSU. Making it about omg Deion is fucking stupid 

Edited by Zepol87
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Do you watch sports regularly? Did you see the ratings the game had? No shit people are talking about it more than some late hit between ACU vs SHSU. Making it about omg Deion is fucking stupid 

Like I said, Texas Alabama drew 10 million viewers last year, and Sarkisian wasn't going on TV the next week "forgiving" Dallas Turner. Deion makes everything about himself, so yeah, he gets mentioned when his entire mentality is to make everyone believe that anything that goes bad against Colorado is coming from a place of disrespect.

• Hook 'Em 1

CU-CSU was the 5th most watched game in ESPN history. The interest in CU will remain high because people are enjoying something other than the same old story about how invincible the Sec is. Maybe now it will be possible not to see simultaneous Sec programming on all four of the ESPN platforms in my sports package.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Like I said, Texas Alabama drew 10 million viewers last year, and Sarkisian wasn't going on TV the next week "forgiving" Dallas Turner. Deion makes everything about himself, so yeah, he gets mentioned when his entire mentality is to make everyone believe that anything that goes bad against Colorado is coming from a place of disrespect.

You’re trying way too hard to show your hatred. Show us anywhere in that response where he made it about him that wasn’t part of the collective in context.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

You’re trying way too hard to show your hatred. Show us anywhere in that response where he made it about him that wasn’t part of the collective in context.

"I forgive him." Deion earlier said it was a football play, so why does he need to forgive anyone for a football play. It's fucking absurd, but he gets a good sound bite that further promotes himself.

Yes, hatred, that's all you have. If anyone pushes back on Deion it's hatred. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

20 minutes ago, Satchel said:

CU-CSU was the 5th most watched game in ESPN history. The interest in CU will remain high because people are enjoying something other than the same old story about how invincible the Sec is. Maybe now it will be possible not to see simultaneous Sec programming on all four of the ESPN platforms in my sports package.

They've also played good and close games compared to normal preseason stuff.  Shootout vs CFP team, historical rivalry that was somewhat competitive (for week 2), and regional rivalry taken to OT.  I don't really care for the hype or CU and watched at least some of each game because it was the best thing on. 

This was a good week to cash in with GameDay because the national interest will drop fast.

11 minutes ago, JBJ said:

They've also played good and close games compared to normal preseason stuff.  Shootout vs CFP team, historical rivalry that was somewhat competitive (for week 2), and regional rivalry taken to OT.  I don't really care for the hype or CU and watched at least some of each game because it was the best thing on. 

This was a good week to cash in with GameDay because the national interest will drop fast.

If you win or live close to those who do, interest will remain high. Ask Alabama and the others.

2 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I can’t stand Prime. But I’m not gonna blame him for that without knowing if he talked Hunter in to going back out or not. It’s possible Hunter said he was ok and convinced everyone he was and the pain wound up too much for him.

If Deion or anyone on the staff knew he was banged up and talked him into going back out, they need to be fired.

Didn't simms lacerate his spleen and finish the drive or game? Adrenaline takes over at times and playing through pain is so common that you don't know the severity of it until later. That's my in the moment take on it. 

Now the Tua shit from that one game was agregious football safety malpractice. 

1 hour ago, Butch Had Not said:

Adrenaline takes over at times and playing through pain is so common that you don't know the severity of it until later. That's my in the moment take on it. 

Yeah.  The body is weird in these situations.  I played a couple sets of downs with a broken ulna - made a tackle along the way and ended it with an interception.  Couldn't even lift my arm once I got to the sideline. 

What do people think happens - that Hunter and Deion are on the sideline checking WebMD for abdomen pain?  If it still moves or bears weight or otherwise does it's function, then it is fine.   If not, you go see the doc.  If you still have your helmet when you leave, then it's fine with a little tape on it.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

it was a cheap hit with the intent of causing bodily harm. He should have been ejected. Ncaa needs a new rule, after so many personal fouls, players are automatically ejected, and out the first half of the next game 

Yea man, let’s give the refs more power for ambiguous ejections. Sounds fun.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea man, let’s give the refs more power for ambiguous ejections. Sounds fun.

I mean yeah, it's not as if player safety is a point of emphasis on the entire game of football right now, and the hit in question was a play on the ball/ attempt to impede the completion of the catch.

When I saw the hit, the first thing I thought is that there was no place in today's football for that bullshit.  It was obvious, not ambiguous.   For all of the borderline targeting plays, hell, Kamara's is a great example of an actual effort being made in making a football play that crossed the line of the rule book towards ejection; and then we're saying the sideline cheapshot shouldn't warrant disqualification?

Use replay whatever, but the sideline play was a fuck ton more dangerous, with nothing but malicious intent by the defender.  It doesn't belong in the game, nor does the player.

11 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

"I forgive him." Deion earlier said it was a football play, so why does he need to forgive anyone for a football play. It's fucking absurd, but he gets a good sound bite that further promotes himself.

Yes, hatred, that's all you have. If anyone pushes back on Deion it's hatred. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

You’re just being dumb at this point. It was a highly publicized play and the player in question was getting significant criticism and even alleged threats. Deion had to say something to try and diffuse things.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, slorch said:

I mean yeah, it's not as if player safety is a point of emphasis on the entire game of football right now, and the hit in question was a play on the ball/ attempt to impede the completion of the catch.

When I saw the hit, the first thing I thought is that there was no place in today's football for that bullshit.  It was obvious, not ambiguous.   For all of the borderline targeting plays, hell, Kamara's is a great example of an actual effort being made in making a football play that crossed the line of the rule book towards ejection; and then we're saying the sideline cheapshot shouldn't warrant disqualification?

Use replay whatever, but the sideline play was a fuck ton more dangerous, with nothing but malicious intent by the defender.  It doesn't belong in the game, nor does the player.

How on earth that player wasn't tossed is beyond me. The ball had already hit the ground when he delivered his shot on a defenseless player. 

All the people lamenting the game today for being "too soft" compared to how they used to play it (or more likely, watched it) might want to read up on all the former players with dementia currently wandering the streets, or killing others or themselves, or the story about doctors studying the brain of a college football player and finding he had an incredible amount of cognitive damage as the result of ten concussions. 

35 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

How on earth that player wasn't tossed is beyond me. The ball had already hit the ground when he delivered his shot on a defenseless player. 

All the people lamenting the game today for being "too soft" compared to how they used to play it (or more likely, watched it) might want to read up on all the former players with dementia currently wandering the streets, or killing others or themselves, or the story about doctors studying the brain of a college football player and finding he had an incredible amount of cognitive damage as the result of ten concussions. 

There was nothing "bang bang" about that play. The ball had hit the ground. There was ample time for Blackburn to back off but he was hellbent on delivering a cheap shot and sending a message to Colorado and its best player.  And he accomplished his goal.  Unfortunately, we won't see Hunter this Saturday and for awhile it seems. 

Good job by Sanders of diffusing the situation and moving on. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Look, I'm not a doctor. I'm actually the other profession on this site (lawyer) that typically fights each other like the bicycle jousting scene in Quick Change. But are we really going to say that a lacerated liver is evidence of the hit being extra malicious? I think the hit is dirty, but nothing more than your run of the mill hard hit that players will eat the flag on just to get into the other team's head. Organ damage is sometimes a freak byproduct of a hit (Chris Simms, Steve Edmonds, Damar Hamlin) and I don't think that severe injury was the intended result.

He came in hard and popped Hunter in an almost bang/bang play. He could have pulled up, but wanted to get a hard hit in during a game with a lot of chirping. That's football, per Deion himself. This isn't in the same ballpark, to my eye, as other obvious dirty cheap shots like Kellen Heard on Colt McCoy nor does the CSU player seem to have a history of dirty shots preceding this one like the Burfict hit on Antonio Brown.

Major rep for the Quick Change bicycle jousting scene. such an underrated film. Lmao. This will be the image I carry with me from now on when I see posters skirmish in the CR or DT. Deion said what needed to be said via the death threats. It shouldn’t continue to be the focus. It sucks losing one of their best players for several weeks but they have a lot of tape from CSU to work on before they face a very difficult two game stretch. Still hoping they stomp a mudhole in USC. I can dream! 

I don’t like Deion but anyone complaining about his comments on Blackburn are just idiots.  The kid was getting death threats.  Deion did not say what he did to make it about Deion, he said that to hopefully settle down his fan base so that it doesn’t go from a football injury to a murder.  Props to him, he handled it perfectly.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KCMasterpieceof said:

Okay, I'll bite...*googles blender eyeware to see what the fuss is about and may impulse buy*

Dang it! Took 3 minutes and I blame e-commerce for making it too easy to click and buy now. I'm the proud new owner of the Orange Circuit's: https://www.blenderseyewear.com/collections/all-mens-sunglasses/products/orange-circuit-sunglasses

8 minutes ago, KCMasterpieceof said:

Dang it! Took 3 minutes and I blame e-commerce for making it too easy to click and buy now. I'm the proud new owner of the Orange Circuit's: https://www.blenderseyewear.com/collections/all-mens-sunglasses/products/orange-circuit-sunglasses

Congrats on your new Terrell Owens shades

Teary-Eyed Owens Backs Quarterback - The New York Times

Not to interrupt the bizarre tangent around the cheap shot/injury type/death threat/how Deion should be reacting stuff, but has anyone read anything online analyzing the match-up this weekend with Oregon? I read the analytics snapshot, but that's not incredibly fulfilling unless you are an over the top numbers dork. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Not to interrupt the bizarre tangent around the cheap shot/injury type/death threat/how Deion should be reacting stuff, but has anyone read anything online analyzing the match-up this weekend with Oregon? I read the analytics snapshot, but that's not incredibly fulfilling unless you are an over the top numbers dork. 

What’s there to analyze? The buffs are 3 touchdown underdogs. Severely outsized all across the trenches. I’m imagining you’ll see Oregon run it at least 50 times. 

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

there isn't much and what is out there expects a comfortable Oregon win. CU beating the Ducks would be a bigger upset than beating TCU.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

What’s there to analyze? The buffs are 3 touchdown underdogs. Severely outsized all across the trenches. I’m imagining you’ll see Oregon run it at least 50 times. 

What you typed out is flatly known by anyone on this board and is simply bandwidth drain. 

I realize that "analysis" to you is what you just shit out of your fingers and onto this thread, but someone breaking down the personnel, playcalling styles, etc., is often worth looking at for many of us. I enjoy reading those. Because of actually going to the games the last two weeks, I've only caught 2nd and 3rd game glimpses of both teams and figure there's some interesting stuff to look for while watching the game. That's true for any game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

If Deion can get Lanning in a close game in the 4th quarter hold on to your butt.  

Lanning completely shit the bed against Washington and Oregon State last year.

I think so. I can see this being a who has the ball last type of deal. Colorado has the better QB so if they can get into a rhythm offensively they have more than a puncher’s chance. I think Washington is legit in the Pac12–they are the most complete team.
 Riley has always had suspect defenses. Given that Oregon almost lost to Texas Tech (who gave Oregon everything they could handle) I can see Colorado winning one of their next two games.

Colorado defense will need a turnover. They don’t have a great running game so a lot of pressure on SS. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What you typed out is flatly known by anyone on this board and is simply bandwidth drain. 

I realize that "analysis" to you is what you just shit out of your fingers and onto this thread, but someone breaking down the personnel, playcalling styles, etc., is often worth looking at for many of us. I enjoy reading those. Because of actually going to the games the last two weeks, I've only caught 2nd and 3rd game glimpses of both teams and figure there's some interesting stuff to look for while watching the game. That's true for any game.

Well Pickell is one of my favorite YouTube subscriptions and previews games weekly, including CU-Oregon. Former Cornell RB that gained a following breaking down random game film on YouTube and got noticed by On3. 

Spoiler alert: what I said is basically the tldr of an objective analysis in this game. There’s a better chance of you writing an imaginitive comeback or insult than there is of CU winning.

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Well Pickell is one of my favorite YouTube subscriptions and previews games weekly, including CU-Oregon. Former Cornell RB that gained a following breaking down random game film on YouTube and got noticed by On3. 

Spoiler alert: what I said is basically the tldr of an objective analysis in this game. There’s a better chance of you writing an imaginitive comeback or insult than there is of CU winning.

There's a better chance of me writing an imaginative comeback, and spelling it correctly, or insult, than damned near anything else happening on this board, sir.

4 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

CU's offense gives them a punchers chance against everyone except maybe USC.  They would need a lot of shenanigans to pull off that upset.  They obviously aren't going to win them all, but USC is the only upset I'd be shocked by at this point.

Oregon is 5x a complete a team as USC. USC is the most overrated team in the country besides FSU.