Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

16 minutes ago, USC_TMB said:
His statements regarding his faith do not line up with his actions. Believers are in this world, not of the world. When one accepts Jesus as their Savior, you are to leave your old life/persona behind. The bragging, self-aggrandizement, and worship of material things is not what the Bible teaches.
Jeremiah 9:23
This is what the Lord says: “Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches.
1 John 2:16
For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world.
The list goes on and on. Right now in his walk, he is in the Joel Osteen, prosperity Gospel camp.
Flame away, do some research before you do.

You are literally describing every Christian who has a big house, nice cars, handbags, clothes, and jewelry. Or in other words.......all of Texas. Lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

53 minutes ago, slorch said:

Who have I mischaracterized?

Yes I disagree with folks, but I don't go personal.  It's the M.O.  of a lot of folks on here.  I said something that goes against what they are used to hearing, so it must be racist.

Fuck that.

What have you said that was against what people are used to hearing? I think you just made that up or you lack the life experience to understands about others. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, USC_TMB said:
His statements regarding his faith do not line up with his actions. Believers are in this world, not of the world. When one accepts Jesus as their Savior, you are to leave your old life/persona behind. The bragging, self-aggrandizement, and worship of material things is not what the Bible teaches.
Jeremiah 9:23
This is what the Lord says: “Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches.
1 John 2:16
For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world.
The list goes on and on. Right now in his walk, he is in the Joel Osteen, prosperity Gospel camp.
Flame away, do some research before you do.

WHAT SPECIFIC ACTIONS! Why can none of you people answer that!??!!?!?

How is his "boasting" any different from what Dabo does? Do you not want to deconstruct that?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

WHAT SPECIFIC ACTIONS! Why can none of you people answer that!??!!?!?

How is his "boasting" any different from what Dabo does? Do you not want to deconstruct that?

I’m not sure how this guy posts after giving up all his worldly possessions and taking up his cross tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, Pancho said:

What have you said that was against what people are used to hearing? I think you just made that up or you lack the life experience to understands about others. 

Again, a personal shot.  

I understand the situation just fine. I’m also big boy enough to call it what it is.  I guess I’m  Sorry/ not sorry that reality doesn’t mesh with your classroom theories.

Good luck to Saint Deion.

Edited by slorch

21 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

CU is really close to being a good team 

wondering how this would have played out at a job with a higher ceiling. as it is, the move to the Big12 might do wonders their ability to compete for a conference title. Will need time and recruiting.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

Again, a personal shot.  

I understand the situation just fine. I’m also big boy enough to call it what it is.  I guess I’m  Sorry/ not sorry that reality doesn’t mesh with your classroom theories.

You still haven't answered his fucking question. How about doing that? He has asked a few times now.

11 minutes ago, slorch said:

Again, a personal shot.  

It’s not a personal shot to say that your lack of life experience or frame of reference doesn’t allow you to understand certain things about cultures or societies. 

You can tell me I don’t know the trauma or experience of someone who grew up in an orphanage, in a house with opioids, or homeless and I wouldn’t take that as a personal shot because, well, I don’t know what’s that’s like. 

• Hook 'Em 5