Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

13 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
14 hours ago, Hermanator said:
I'm kind of surprised this thread keeps moving. The guy completely botched HS recruiting for his first full recruiting class and the shine has been knocked completely off the gold medallions. 
Being street and relatable to young black players only goes so far if you prove yourself incapable of running a program at this level. Taking the Colorado job was the biggest mistake of his career. He could have stayed at the HBCU level and used his celebrity status to out talent lesser coaches for years. All while convincingly running the facade that he's a great coach but intentionally holding himself back because of his love for the black community and helping these young black players. 
He appears completely outmatched at the P5 or even G5 levels. You can't win without strong HS recruiting forming the backbone of the program and the portal used to get rid of under performing players and patching holes in the 2 deep at a couple of positions. Can't build complete lines with portal year after year and not suck. Just won't happen. 

He's got a top 20 class. Transfers count, you know. He said he thinks of HS players like the NFL draft and the portal is like free agency. He's not wrong in today's world.

Ask aggy how a number one class worked out without decent coaching.

11 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

They have twitter in prison now?

You’d be amazed what prisoners have access to in prison. Personally, I’ve avoided prison, but know enough people who’ve been there. With his money, he’s probably living like a king in prison. 
on the Deion front, either way CU will be burnt to the ground when he leaves. If he is fired, the roster management will be shit. If he succeeds, he will take half his players with him, and they will be in the same situation, as if he is fired.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Corn Whiskey said:

on the Deion front, either way CU will be burnt to the ground when he leaves. If he is fired, the roster management will be shit. If he succeeds, he will take half his players with him, and they will be in the same situation, as if he is fired.

I don't disagree, except they were already burnt to the ground.  In the last 18 seasons they've had a winning record once.  The University will have a material increase in revenues while he is there and the impending dumpster fire will just be a return to the status quo. 

5 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

If he doesn't get things turned around the act will wear thin and then we'll see what racism really looks like, probably from his own fan base.

Mockery, frustration, anger, are way ahead. Racism isn't a requirement except for those that have anticipatory recreational triggering.

19 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

I don't disagree, except they were already burnt to the ground.  In the last 18 seasons they've had a winning record once.  The University will have a material increase in revenues while he is there and the impending dumpster fire will just be a return to the status quo. 

This is a healthy way of looking at it from the CU side. If it's still a dumpster fire, nothing lost. If it improves, great.

Edited by Pam Cummings

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Huh? 

The portal rankings are idiotic right now. Quantity over quality is the order of the day for the rankings. CU has picked up a bunch of mediocrities. The portal period isn’t even over. 

You cannot build a program ignoring high school recruiting. Portal players are okay with some elites sprinkled in. CU isn’t getting the elites. 

The problem for you in this thread is that you don’t know a fucking thing about football or roster building. You’re a fanboi for a guy that isn’t showing any real signs of having a fucking clue. Style over substance isn’t going to start winning many football games. 

Nobody said CU is going to be elite.  I think they win 7 or 8 next season.  He's doing things with the portal that nobody has ever tried because the transfer rules are new.  We'll see how it works.  I'm a fan of his because we had literally the worst program in the nation in 2022.  What he did in one offseason was remarkable.  I'm excited to see how things go next year.  They will be better next year, no doubt, as long as Shedeur stays healthy.  And the upgraded OL will help with that.

5 hours ago, DoobieWah said:

Terrible take. 

No one, and I mean no one, gives a shit what “he calls himself”. 

But would you also acquiesce so easily to calling Baker Mayfield, “Heisman Trophy Winner Baker Mayfield” if he so requested. 

No, you wouldn’t.

The only way Sanders should still be called “Prime” is if it’s prefaced with “Pastus”. 

Oh, and that’s not at all racist. Please stop with that crap. 

So do you refer to the Rock as the Rock, or is he Dwayne to you?

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

This is a healthy way of looking at it from the CU side. If it's still a dumpster fire, nothing lost. If it improves, great.

I work with a CU fan and this is his exact attitude. He said this year they were already four times better than they were last year. He is just glad that Dieon brings name brand recognition to the college. It is interesting to me seeing the way primetime is doing things his way and Rhule is doing things another way. Rhule is trying to bring in a solid foundation and sprinkling in the transfers. It will be interesting to see who is more successful, but I am betting on Rhule in the long haul. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, NoName said:

dude is absolutely an outlier with high school recruiting and it's either going to work out fabulously for him or he's going to step on a million rakes because of it.

the high school class has 6 recruits currently, all of whom have signed. it's outside the top 100 because of the total points and how it's calculated but it's the lowest recruit p5 rankings in the country. SMU has 10 commits, no other p5 program is in single digits and the only ones i saw with <15 commits were BC at 12, Virginia at 13, SMU and Colorado.

again, it may work out but i just don't see how it happens. to me the way to do this, if you can, is to go full on stars and scrubs. stars from high school and fill it in with more dudes from the portal who are closer to replacement level.

his outlier concept/process is either going to work out really well, which runs counter to everything we know about CFB, or it's going to cause him to fall on his face. it's going to be interesting either way.

I don't disagree here.  He's trying something that has never been done before due to the transfer rules being so new.  We'll see how well it works.  Those 6 HS players he took are very good, though.  

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

Way too many people forget this.  CU was literally the worst team in the country when he got here a year ago.

The effect he's had on the school and around CO is remarkable. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Way too many people forget this.  CU was literally the worst team in the country when he got here a year ago.

The effect he's had on the school and around CO is remarkable. 

I told my coworker that he was going to get Travis Hunter killed by playing him too much. He asked me why I thought that I said because if I were the coach, I would put the biggest baddest MFer on him and tell that player to drive him into the ground on ever play because he is their best player. I only watched a handful of CU games and that’s exactly what happened. I also can’t believe he played him almost the full game after he got out of the hospital.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

So do you refer to the Rock as the Rock, or is he Dwayne to you?

I can honestly say he's never come up in any conversation I've ever had. I know of whom you speak but couldn't tell you his last name.

But if I did refer to him as Dwayne instead of Rock would anyone, including you, call me a racist?

1 hour ago, Corn Whiskey said:

I told my coworker that he was going to get Travis Hunter killed by playing him too much. He asked me why I thought that I said because if I were the coach, I would put the biggest baddest MFer on him and tell that player to drive him into the ground on ever play because he is their best player. I only watched a handful of CU games and that’s exactly what happened. I also can’t believe he played him almost the full game after he got out of the hospital.

He got hurt by a dirty hit.  Is that what you're advocating?

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

He got hurt by a dirty hit.  Is that what you're advocating?

I wouldn’t call it a dirty hit. It was more questionable than dirty. The two guys even went to lunch afterwards and hashed it out. Deion was eventually going to get that kid killed. You cannot play that many snaps on both sides of the ball without getting hurt. You should worry more about what Deion is doing to the players than what I’m advocating. He also called too many pass plays and got his own kid’s back broke. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Corn Whiskey said:

I wouldn’t call it a dirty hit. It was more questionable than dirty. The two guys even went to lunch afterwards and hashed it out. Deion was eventually going to get that kid killed. You cannot play that many snaps on both sides of the ball without getting hurt. You should worry more about what Deion is doing to the players than what I’m advocating. He also called too many pass plays and got his own kid’s back broke. 

Come on, now.  It was dirty and you know it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

I don't disagree here.  He's trying something that has never been done before due to the transfer rules being so new.  We'll see how well it works.  Those 6 HS players he took are very good, though.  

It seems it would be difficult to build a steady culture when you burn and churn every season. Where do you get veteran leaders who give a shit about the program?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

Most of the transfers are not grad transfers.  They've got 2-3 years of eligibility remaining.

Yeah, but if Prime gets replacing those who don't produce up to a standard every year...

Sometimes guys take a few seasons to produce. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Deej said:

Yeah, but if Prime gets replacing those who don't produce up to a standard every year...

Sometimes guys take a few seasons to produce. 

It's a risk, no doubt.  He's doing something nobody has done before.  I think it works well to get the Buffs to the 7-8 win level.  I'm not sure it gets us any farther than that.

21 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Nobody said CU is going to be elite.  I think they win 7 or 8 next season.  He's doing things with the portal that nobody has ever tried because the transfer rules are new.  We'll see how it works.  I'm a fan of his because we had literally the worst program in the nation in 2022.  What he did in one offseason was remarkable.  I'm excited to see how things go next year.  They will be better next year, no doubt, as long as Shedeur stays healthy.  And the upgraded OL will help with that.

Jake Spavital tried similar idiocy to what Sanders is doing at Texas State. There's some precedent, and it isn't pretty. "But that's Texas State!" Yeah, the same place that Kinne just took over and led to an 8-5 season and a blowout bowl win.

It's fine to be a fanboi, but this isn't a Colorado board. Trying to gaslight us with murky or flatly incorrect data isn't going to work well here. CU won't end up with the top transfer class by any measure other than potentially in quantity. If it's quantity, it's an indictment of Sanders himself. The roster is his. He already turned it over. 

If you really believe the 7 or 8 wins total number, let me know and you can plan any amount of money that you'd like to bet on that outcome, and I'll match on the under. That offer is available to anyone on this thread, btw.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Jake Spavital tried similar idiocy to what Sanders is doing at Texas State. There's some precedent, and it isn't pretty. "But that's Texas State!" Yeah, the same place that Kinne just took over and led to an 8-5 season and a blowout bowl win.
It's fine to be a fanboi, but this isn't a Colorado board. Trying to gaslight us with murky or flatly incorrect data isn't going to work well here. CU won't end up with the top transfer class by any measure other than potentially in quantity. If it's quantity, it's an indictment of Sanders himself. The roster is his. He already turned it over. 
If you really believe the 7 or 8 wins total number, let me know and you can plan any amount of money that you'd like to bet on that outcome, and I'll match on the under. That offer is available to anyone on this thread, btw.

How many years do I get to make it to 8 wins? Like if we just add them up.
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

What am I trying to gaslight?  You are a touchy one.  Show us where Deion touched you.

5 hours ago, 4th&amp;Five said:

I was watching the newest ep. of the Amazon show last night and it included the Stanford game.  I laughed when he turned to the players and said "you're choking!"  Not "we're choking."

Wait! There's a show? A deion show? Chronicles of 4 - 8? Shedeur using his watch as a counter argument to other black athletes?