Joel Klatt interview

closetohumping

17 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

I'll say it. Title 9 is garbage.  Since football sucks up so many scholarships it adversely actually hurts men's sports.  Maybe their should be scholarships for women's field hockey and very tertiary sports. 

Schools should be required to field a woman's football team with an equal number of scholarships if they have a men's program. Then everyone's olympic sports can collapse equally.

Edited by Valmy77

Herd doesn't know shit about college football. "tebow but can throw" is a tired take of him from his freshman year.

Also can't believe Herd didn't bring up his ex-wife as a comparison story to some sport shit.

Klatt is the fuckin' man.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Monster said:

Herbstreit was once similar to Klatt.  But he sold his soul to climb the ESPN ladder and now he's not even human any more.  

He's a swollen, empty-eyed automaton who parrots talking points for corporate.  

His attempt to cry on camera was confirmation that the muscles in his face have been replaced by rubberized gears.   

Joel Klatt lost a conference championship game 70-3.  Still closer to a title than Doughboy ever got.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

So?  Are you saying there should be no support for women's sports?  Or it should come from somewhere else?  Should college football be a professional minor league?  Should players be paid?

I don't want to put words in your mouth so tell me more. Or retract your statement.

He’s not even the one who made the initial statement. Maybe you should go pick a fight in cloak room instead.

2 hours ago, tjhooker said:

I'll say it. Title 9 is garbage.  Since football sucks up so many scholarships it adversely actually hurts men's sports.  Maybe their should be scholarships for women's field hockey and very tertiary sports. 

If the Bible has taught us nothing else-- and it hasn't-- it's that girls should stick to girls' sports, such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such and such.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bullneck said:

So?  Are you saying there should be no support for women's sports?  Or it should come from somewhere else?  Should college football be a professional minor league?  Should players be paid?

I don't want to put words in your mouth so tell me more. Or retract your statement.

No football money should go to women's sports.  If they can't survive on their own then so be it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, tjhooker said:

Whoah, whoa.  Slow down son.  Go take a lap and cool off....

Oh, and 

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

If Sam was Tebow we would have blown Tech out. 

Agreed, I watched him in person play a few games. Dude was an absolute monster, he would've got in front of the defense and chewed their ass if they were playing like Texas D was playing. Sam is a bit more laid back.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

If Sam was Tebow we would have blown Tech out. 

Do we get Percy too?  He was the guy that bailed that UF offense out over and over again.  We have been told we have recruited someone just like him forever.  I hope that Whittington or Smith can fill that type of role.

I would also take an Aaron Hernandez - hold the murder

Edited by jinx
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimmy The Geek said:

We're stuck with him.

Dear Mr. J.T. Greek,

Please explain your comment about Title XI.  More clarification of your position would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mr. B. Neck

Edited by Bullneck

8 hours ago, Cajun said:

At least one.

Me.

Apologies.

No worries, sir. I was being extremely wishful in my original mention. I am not naive enough to think he would stick around instead of go make money...BUT if there’s 1 person to even consider it, it’s Sam. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Bullneck said:

The bolded part.  The "Title IX shit" part.  

It’s the reason women’s rowing has more scholarships than any other women’s sport and every men’s sport except football. 
55727-B6-A-3-A8-B-4-ACF-858-C-D3-B6-ABBC

Mostly to the detriment of men’s Olympic sports. Yes, I will admit to enjoying some of those more than basketball. 

15 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Dear Mr. J.T. Greek,

Please explain your comment about Title XI.  More clarification of your position would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mr. B. Neck

Take this shit to private messages. No one here wants to be involved in this conversation.

• Hook 'Em 2

Dear Mr. J.T. Greek,

Sincerely,

Mr. B. Neck

I'm not familiar with that one.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dear Mr. J.T. Greek,

Sincerely,

Mr. B. Neck

7 minutes ago, Eggo said:

I'm not familiar with that one.

Title XI is the one that sets aside funds for counseling those who get butthurt over even the intimation that Title IX may not be perfect.  I believe it is not as well funded as Title IX programs, but its needs actually far outweigh them.  There has been scuttlebutt around the water cooler that they're going to force a redirect of funds from arts & sciences to cover the gap.  Bio profs are indignant over the impact this will have on the quality of life of lab frogs, and don't even ask what the women's studies department is saying.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, jinx said:

Band name.  Death metal!

Nice catch.

My favorite still was one I saw in the middle of some Surly rambling rant a few months ago --

"The Hispanic Nannies" (Gypsy Kings/Mana/Molly Ringwold soundtrack mashup band)

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Take this shit to private messages. No one here wants to be involved in this conversation.

Yes, sir, Bossman!!!

BTW, I'm not the poster who offered his opinion about Title IX for no apparent reason.  I agree that's not the thread topic but I don't see a good reason to let it slide.  Joel Klatt isn't exactly on college football's Mt. Rushmore of announcers just yet.  

PS: if you reply to this, then I guess you want the debate to continue.