Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

54 minutes ago, kevwun said:

That's a separate case.  The first one for securities fraud was many years ago at this point.

I’m aware, but this investigating committee that is holding a hearing today was focused on the allegations made by the whistleblowers three years ago.

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I've only been tuned into the committee for five minutes and holy shit... they are trying to nail him. 

Does the House have any power in this case to remove him? 

article 15 of the texas constitution says the house can impeach him and the senate can perform a trial of impeachment.

Sec. 1. IMPEACHMENT BY HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. The power of impeachment shall be vested in the House of Representatives.

(Feb. 15, 1876.)

Sec. 2. TRIAL OF IMPEACHMENT OF CERTAIN OFFICERS BY SENATE. Impeachment of the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, Commissioner of the General Land Office, Comptroller and the Judges of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals and District Court shall be tried by the Senate.

(Feb. 15, 1876. Amended Nov. 7, 1995.)

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/CN/htm/CN.15.htm

Edited by sidis

23 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It took investigators 7 years to look up "Paxton" on the CAD site to see if those two addresses had homestead exemptions attached to them?  Wow, the state of swift and efficient government is breathtakingly fast. 

7 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Is it too much to dream that Paxton and Nate Paul will end up in adjacent cells in Huntsville?

It is too much.  But take solace---Ken's a little too high profile so he probably ends up in jail while Nate ends up in a shallow grave outside Reynosa.

23 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

How did Paxton manage to piss off the Texas lege enough to get here?

And seemingly overnight.  He's been a crooked piece of shit for many years.  Why now?

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 5

He fucked with Phelan and Abbott needs Phelan to get some semblance of a voucher program through.  Plus the hammer's about to come down on Nate Paul, even more than before.  And Nate will sell out Paxton to the Feds, who I don't know if y'all have noticed as of late, have taken off the fucking kids gloves when it comes to leaving elected officials alone for criminal investigations.  I think the House will sufficiently fuck with Paxton.  I doubt the Senate will do much since Dan Patrick has the ethical fortitude of a carnival barker on acid.  

But you'll know Paxton is fucked if Abbott backs away from him.  I'm guessing George P.'s sudden re-engagement back into politics this month is no coincidence.  

Were I Ken Paxton and suddenly removed from office 3.5 years ahead of schedule, I'd start sleeping with one eye open towards the South.  

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Abbot’s replacement will be a true dumbass. I’m calling it now 

Seems like a good gig for Fitlump. Get her acclimated to statewide office before she steps into the governor's role. I mean sure, she doesn't have a law degree, but she also didn't know a football from a double headed dildo, and that didn't stop her from legendary gridiron success

image.gif.7675d7ff62d29b232c02f359e102fd76.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

"Every allegation is easily disproved, and I look forward to continuing my fight for conservative Texas values," Paxton wrote.

Why is the Attorney general fighting for "values?"  Shouldn't the attorney general be prosecuting criminals per state law, without regard to their politics?  And what does it even mean to fight for values, other than fighting to impose your values on me?

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Paxton has no friends in Austin 

Abbot’s replacement will be a true dumbass. I’m calling it now 

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Sydney Powell step right up 

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

It’ll be a maga stooge that’s more controllable. Look for a ton of investigations into Harris county  

Solid trio of back-to-back-to-back pure truth.

Our next AG will be unspeakably bad.  Because MAGA GQP, and Abbott appointing.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Solid trio of back-to-back-to-back pure truth.

Our next AG will be unspeakably bad.  Because MAGA GQP, and Abbott appointing.

"Can't get any worse"

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

4 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Is it too much to dream that Paxton and Nate Paul will end up in adjacent cells in Huntsville?

Nate Paul will end up dead or in a federal witness protection program.  From what I’m reading, Republicans have decided they are done with Paxton, and it was long before this week,

They could have just as easily thrown him under the bus before the election though?  George P., a reliable Republican would have won easily, the party wouldn't be tarnished by Paxton's shit, Nate Paul would be in a ditch in Nuevo Progresso.  I guess they had to cow-tow to Trump because he endorsed Ken?  

This will be a post-session distraction that Abbott doesn't need though.  And Ken's a fucking talker.  He's gonna throw some shit at some people on his way into the cage, believe me.  

This 100% explains why Aaron Reitz, his top ADA left in a fucking hurry last month citing specifically "I think Ted Cruz has more of an ethical compass than the current AG."  With a straight face.  So you know shit's fucked up when Ted is your true North.  

This might get good after all.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

This will be a post-session distraction that Abbott doesn't need though.  And Ken's a fucking talker.  He's gonna throw some shit at some people on his way into the cage, believe me.  

Oh yeah, I expect he will try to fuck with Abbott, Patrick, Phelan, etc. on his way out.  He throws down that little challenge at Phelan yesterday and then all of this shit busts wide open.  He's going to be fucking pissed that they dare mess with the Attorney General of the State of Texas, but also really fucking scared.

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

They could have just as easily thrown him under the bus before the election though?  George P., a reliable Republican would have won easily, the party wouldn't be tarnished by Paxton's shit, Nate Paul would be in a ditch in Nuevo Progresso.  I guess they had to cow-tow to Trump because he endorsed Ken?  

This 100% explains why Aaron Reitz, his top ADA left in a fucking hurry last month citing specifically "I think Ted Cruz has more of an ethical compass than the current AG."  With a straight face.  So you know shit's fucked up when Ted is your true North.  

This might get good after all.  

image.jpeg.5a06ae564a020b4fc85014bc86a11f90.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

So I've always halfway paid attention to Texas politics in that I read the headlines. This year, due to Uvalde, I've been much more engaged. Follow a lot of Twitter feeds, listen to Braddock's podcast, went to the Capitol to see it with my own eyes...

I know it's always been a circus, but this year goes above and beyond right? Like it's similar to having the USC Rose Bowl be the first football game you really sit down and watch?

8 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

So I've always halfway paid attention to Texas politics in that I read the headlines. This year, due to Uvalde, I've been much more engaged. Follow a lot of Twitter feeds, listen to Braddock's podcast, went to the Capitol to see it with my own eyes...

I know it's always been a circus, but this year goes above and beyond right? Like it's similar to having the USC Rose Bowl be the first football game you really sit down and watch?

It's like everything else in America; the clownshow and rancor and drama for clicks and attention has been ratcheted up to 12. So yes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Can't wait for Texas Monthly's Bum Steer awards this year.  So many self-owns by the Rs that it will be hard to pick a winner.

-Royse City's Bryan Slaton (christofascist supreme) liquors up his 19-year-old staffer, commits adultery by putting his tiny, old wiener in her and then gets expelled mid-session

-multiple R members of the Texas house (including the speaker) take the microphone during session to drunkenly slur their debate of bills

-days before the end of the session, Rs appear to launch a coordinated effort to force Angela Paxton's adulterous husband to fight for his political life to hold onto the AG position

[insert Animal House "oh boy, is this great!" gif]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1