Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

On 2/6/2023 at 2:08 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Well I certainly don't think it's fair that the taxpayers should foot the bill for his malfeasance.  Do you think that's ok?

Its the same shit when, for example, Ford gets sued because their CEO cut costs by neglecting safety. Its the stockholders that pay, not the CEO.

• 2 weeks later...

Because people are trying to "get" him.  Only reason he's gonna run for elected office for the rest of his life, free security.  Tried to tell you gals years ago.  He's too high profile, but he's still worried...and rightfully so.  Imagine spending the rest of your life looking over your shoulder, but just the left one.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Paxton balks on signing settlement:

https://tinyurl.com/2muhsyr5

Paxton’s gonna let the taxpayers pay his settlement, but this legislative session just may not appropriate the funds this year.  Maybe in two years?  What a pos.

Right?  Meanwhile he gets all the benefit of the settlement agreement and the whistleblowers get nada.  The legislature deserves some scorn here, too. They know that the only proper party defendant to a whistleblower suit is the employing governmental agency, but they are grandstanding and saying taxpayer dollars shouldn't fund the settlement WITH A GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY.  Not to mention the fact that $3.3 million is a less than 1/2 of 1% of the attorney generals budget next year.  The legislature's resistance to approving funding is not about saving the taxpayers money. 

It's fucking pathetic.  In theory, the CVS over by the Allandale HEB would probably theoretically threaten your ass with an arrest and a felony record if you theoretically and accidentally tried and tip the pharmacist $100 for a little extra oxycontin after you get a prescription when you've had a wisdom tooth removed because you're still woozy from the pain meds they gave you and you don't understand that the dental surgeon or whoever wrote your your prescription only provided a week's worth and you couldn't get it extended without his approval unlike some minor meds, but Paxton gets to fuck around like this, with no repercussions.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Taxpayers elected a criminal and now have to deal with the repercussions of having a criminal run your State's AG office. That includes footing the bill for his continued criminal behavior.

"Elections have consequences"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 3

So basically this kills all whistleblower reporting going forward.  Of course none of our ethical upstanding legislators or public employees ever do anything that wouldn't pass any scrupulous test.  So we really didn't need it to start with.  

Those four ought to go stand outside the capital and blow the shrillest, loudest whistles they can to bring attention to this issue.  Do it every day, be like grackles.  Hand out push cards explaining things.  And whistles.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

^

Yep.  Can't imagine who put that motion into expedited play.  Probably had nothing to do with the online chatter about getting to Nate in jail to send a message to Paxton.  Nope.  Couldn't possibly be that.  Remember Ken & Nate.  You get three chances to stay outta trouble with these folks.  And you just burned one.  Have a nice spring.

Just show that clip to your family members without audio.  Look at his counsel.  You can literally feel the man's discomfort without sound.  Then go back and turn on the sound.  Paxton makes zero fucking sense.  The people being transported, the cartels, and Biden are all in a contract that really isn't a contract?  

he has the strangest fucking way of staying alive.

• Haha 1

If I could bitch smack Paxton I would.  From the Associated Press. Chaos in the attorney general's office now impacting crime victims:

"Reyes’ daughter was 16 in 2017, when men she knew only as “Rocky” and “Blue” kept her and another girl at a San Antonio motel where men paid to have sex with them. Now, the cases against Rakim Sharkey and Elijah Teel — the men police identified as the traffickers — have seen years of delay, a parade of prosecutors, an aborted trial and, ultimately, a stark retreat by the government.

They are among thousands of cases under a cloud of dysfunction at the office of Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, whose legal troubles include a criminal investigation by Justice Department officials in Washington. Trafficking cases in particular have come under scrutiny and cast doubt on how the agency, which fights court battles affecting people far beyond Texas, uses millions of state tax dollars on an issue that Republican leaders trumpet as a priority while attacking Democrats’ approach to border security."

https://apnews.com/article/sex-trafficking-texas-attorney-general-ken-paxton-edcce2714829dac9b4679733c7d5a5f6

• Rage+1 2

Many more people in Texas, sadly, will have to suffer because of Ken Paxton.  It is of cold comfort for many of you.  But as I have stated for years on this site, AG Paxton is going to be met with a rather awkward fate.  The only solace I have is that I know he knows what they're going to do to him and he lives in a mental hell-scape of his own creation.  As Metallica once said, "sleep with one eye open"

On 3/24/2023 at 2:05 PM, YGIFS said:

Many more people in Texas, sadly, will have to suffer because of Ken Paxton.  It is of cold comfort for many of you.  But as I have stated for years on this site, AG Paxton is going to be met with a rather awkward fate.  The only solace I have is that I know he knows what they're going to do to him and he lives in a mental hell-scape of his own creation.  As Metallica once said, "sleep with one eye open"

Can you elaborate on this?  What are you talking about?

4 hours ago, wreckatx said:

Can you elaborate on this?  What are you talking about?

I starting discussing it years ago before it came out in the media.  I'm an annoying poster, I get it.  But this is, IRL, not something I'm gonna elaborate on with specifics for incredibly obvious reasons.  I'll repeat the same vagueness again because it's already way upthread and on another WCC thread.  He worked with Nate to help launder money on real estate deals.  Some of those LP's were people you do not fuck with.  Ken fucked around and Nate is finding out.  The U.S. Treasury Dept. didn't show up because of tax evasion and Ken isn't running for perpetual statewide office because he cares about public service.  Nobody brings harm to a sitting Attorney General.  So you stay seated if you're half smart.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DMN Article:

AUSTIN — Texas budget negotiators want to ban Attorney General Ken Paxton from using state funds to

pay a $3.3 million whistleblower settlement.

This week, they adopted a provision that would bar the Office of the Attorney General from using state

money to pay for any whistleblower lawsuits or claims, according to budget documents and a

spokesperson with the Legislative Budget Board. The language could still change and ultimately needs

sign-off from the Legislature and Gov. Greg Abbott to become law.

The settlement is a hot topic this session as some GOP leaders balked at using taxpayer dollars to foot

the bill. A rejection of the funds could send Paxton’s agency back to court with four former staffers who

sued, alleging they were fired after accusing the Republican of bribery and abuse of office.

Paxton’s agency did not respond to a request for comment. Neither did Sen. Joan Huffman, R-Houston,

and Rep. Greg Bonnen, R-Friendswood, who chair the legislative budget committees. The legislative

session ends on Memorial Day.

Late Tuesday, attorneys for the whistleblowers wrote to the budget negotiators calling the proposal

“disastrous public policy” that would “unfairly punish our clients.”

The state whistleblower act gives public employees who report corruption a safety net, and barring

funding of the settlement would “give office holders a license to break the law,” the lawyers wrote on

behalf of former top agency employees James “Blake” Brickman, Mark Penley, David Maxwell and Ryan

Vassar.

The attorneys added that other government workers would not “risk their financial livelihood to report

corruption if the Legislature hangs our clients out to dry.”

The former top aides sued Paxton’s agency in late 2020 alleging they’d been fired after telling law

enforcement Paxton abused the office to help campaign donor and Austin real estate developer Nate

Paul.

The FBI launched an investigation into the claims, but no charges have been filed. Paxton has denied all

wrongdoing.

In February, Paxton and the whistleblowers announced they’d reached a settlement agreement that

required the agency to pay the former staffers $3.3 million and Paxton to apologize for calling the group

“rogue employees,” among other things.

The written agreement was contingent “upon all necessary approvals for funding.”

Paxton asked the Legislature for the money, saying it was the most cost effective way to end what could

be lengthy litigation. But House Speaker Dade Phelan, R-Beaumont, said it was “not a proper use of

taxpayer dollars” and some on the House budget committee asked why the attorney general couldn’t use

his campaign coffers to cover the cost.

The budget provision’s consequences could be far more sweeping than this one case if they are adopted,

an expert said.

Blocking the ability of a state agency to pay whistleblower lawsuits could discourage its employees from

reporting alleged wrongdoing, said Michael P. Maslanka, an associate professor at the University of

North Texas Dallas College of Law.

And by limiting the restriction to just one agency, the whistleblowers’ attorneys might even be able to

sue the Legislature for infringing on their constitutional right to equal protection under the law, he

added.

“The government has to justify its actions, and if it treats one group differently than another group

under the 14th Amendment [to the U.S. Constitution], they have to explain why,” Maslanka said, calling

the budget proposal a “perverse result generated by a political dispute.”

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wreckatx said:

Paxton asked the Legislature for the money, saying it was the most cost effective way to end what could be lengthy litigation. But House Speaker Dade Phelan, R-Beaumont, said it was “not a proper use of taxpayer dollars” and some on the House budget committee asked why the attorney general couldn’t use his campaign coffers to cover the cost.

This was what I think it was ultimately about - they want to send a message to Paxton to not fuck around, but also, nobody likes the fact that he's got all of this legal shit (and potentially more with the Nate Paul) hanging over his head.

Hey Ken, I know some folks in real estate down South that could easily lend you the $3.3mm.  it's chump change to them.  I mean, you're already in their debt, what's another $3.3m.  I wonder which one of your fucked up eyes is gonna pop out first when they hang you from a bridge in Juarez?  

So Ken calls for the Speaker to resign for being drunk on the house floor and about an hour later the House General Investigating Committee announces that it has been investigating KP and OAG and will announce findings in a meeting tomorrow. Nice timing Kenny.

On 5/17/2023 at 4:11 PM, atomheartbevo said:

This was what I think it was ultimately about - they want to send a message to Paxton to not fuck around, but also, nobody likes the fact that he's got all of this legal shit (and potentially more with the Nate Paul) hanging over his head.

Another interpretation is that they want to deny any reward to those with the temerity to buck the lazy-eyed criminal fuckstick.

Either way, they get to pretend they're guardians of the taxpayer trust.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

Link for live video broadcast can be found in link below:

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/88R/schedules/html/C2802023052408001.htm

Starts at 8. 

Here is the video link:

https://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=9&event_id=7891

Well, it's not well-attended, but the lege is definitely soberly airing Paxton's dirty laundry.  Not sure where this goes, but it's a refreshing change from sweeping all his bullshit under the rug.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, it's not well-attended, but the lege is definitely soberly airing Paxton's dirty laundry.  Not sure where this goes, but it's a refreshing change from sweeping all his bullshit under the rug.

At the LIGHTNING FAST legal speed of what, six or seven goddamn years after his initial indictment?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

I've only been tuned into the committee for five minutes and holy shit... they are trying to nail him. 

Does the House have any power in this case to remove him?