Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I responded to the post quoted below on the football board but I am posting here as well in the preemptive hopes that pussies needing ATM to win in order have their negative worldview validated can do it in private. 

You idiots were saying this about Miami, then Alabama, then Tennessee, then Ole Miss, and now it will be LSU. It’s uninformed handwringing. 

These imbeciles have played an easy schedule to get this far and they’ll probably be 7-4 heading into the LSU game. Whoop! 

The combined record of the teams they have beaten this year is 16-29. Auburn, at 5-4, is the “best” opponent they have beaten. Auburn got to 5 wins by pummeling the death row jaggernauts of UMass, Cal, Samford, Miss State and Vanderbilt. That’s a combined opp record of 17-30. 

Texas ATM has beaten no one of merit. Miss State sucks. ATM will beat them and call it yet another “statement game”. They’ll chest pound and then beat an FCS opponent and question the integrity of the CFP rankings without any shame or irony because, by gawd, they’re the best 7-4 team in the country! 

They will forget that they are 0-9 in their last 9 away games and that Death Valley at night is brutal. They’ll have people in the media predicting they’re hot and primed for an upset. You guys on this site will have  followed them back up on the rollercoaster out of some sense of bizarre self-loathing, needing ATM to hurt you in order to feel whole. 

Then LSU will spank them in public and we will all point and laugh. Then the lot of you guys that do this shit will probably wait a few days before telling us why you’re worried and convinced that they’re going to roll their opponent in the Podunk Loser Bowl. 

They had an extremely makable FG to send the game to OT w/ Ole Miss and that was without their best playmaker (is he finally transferring out), while pushing on the number some places and covering it in others. 
there was a lot of declaration that they were going to get blown the fuck out and that didn’t happen. 
I’m praying for 6-6, expecting 7-5 and would be pissed if it’s 8-4. 
we need one more off-season of the portal gutting them for me to feel good about their talent level being shit- which is where I want it to be. 
6-6, pass the hat, watch all the mercs transfer out and decommit is the glorious scenario.  That’s a pretty weak victory lap though. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

there was a lot of declaration that they were going to get blown the fuck out and that didn’t happen. 

Weird things happen in college football. Ole Miss was about to make it a 21-0 game before a terrible holding call. Then there was a blocked FG that led to 7 points.

That was the turning point from making it a game instead of a blowout. It went from potentially 21-0 to 14-7 in about a minute. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They had an extremely makable FG to send the game to OT w/ Ole Miss and that was without their best playmaker (is he finally transferring out), while pushing on the number some places and covering it in others. 
I’m praying for 6-6, expecting 7-5 and would be pissed if it’s 8-4. 
we need one more off-season of the portal gutting them for me to feel good about their talent level being shit- which is where I want it to be. 
6-6, pass the hat, watch all the mercs transfer out and decommit is the glorious scenario.  That’s a pretty weak victory lap though. 

I have serious doubts about Evan Stewart actually transferring out. I’d love to be wrong though.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They beat Abilene Christian with me at QB and CTJ at WR. But they could lose to Klan aggy which would be delicious. 

Not sure they could even lose to Klan aggy without Johnson. 

Miss State's offense is averaging 7 points a game in the last 3 games. They can't complete a forward pass. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Not sure they could even lose to Klan aggy without Johnson. 

Miss State's offense is averaging 7 points a game in the last 3 games. They can't complete a forward pass. 

Aggy 3rd string QB behind that shittastic line could be incredibly bad. I don’t think they are losing to Klan aggy but it’s at least a remote possibility.  

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Aggy 3rd string QB behind that shittastic line could be incredibly bad. I don’t think they are losing to Klan aggy but it’s at least a remote possibility.  

Particularly if the aggy team is in, or entering into “fuck this” mode.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

16 minutes ago, nnm said:

No way SECX3 lets this typically mediocre aggy team play a bdf team in a bowl. 

I would think that they might let A&M/OU happen with OU heading to the SEC, but yeah they will be working hard to keep them away from Kansas…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

There's no way they actually have the money for this.. right? It's unfathomable to me.

The math has been done a few times here but they don’t have to have the full amount immediately. They probably can afford it. I would guess they’re calculating the hit on NIL vs the cost of keeping Jimbo 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, nnm said:

No way SECX3 lets this typically mediocre aggy team play a bdf team in a bowl. 

I think the SEC is done kowtowing to the aggies. And there's that whole issue of actual bowl eligibility that still hasn't worked itself out yet.

Edited by Orange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheRRKid said:

The math has been done a few times here but they don’t have to have the full amount immediately. They probably can afford it. I would guess they’re calculating the hit on NIL vs the cost of keeping Jimbo 

I just saw the other day that the entire football expenses for 2022 was like $41M. If they have to dedicate $8M per year, for the next seven years, to pay a coach to NOT coach, that is a huge hit to their annual budget. It can be done, but the effects would be devastating.

And there is no way they are going to get donors to 100% fund the full $100M needed to fire the current regime and bring in a new regime.

• Drool 1

They'd go after Urban Meyer and, if they could come up with the money, I think he'd consider it. UM loves attention and aggy loves to deify their football coach. The relationship would be a self-sustaining positive feedback loop of circle-jerkery. They'd let him run the program like he's The Captain from Cool Hand Luke and claim that anyone questioning his abuse of players is just some tea-sippin' liberal pussy.

But I don't think he'd take less than what they paid Jimbo and I'm not sure if they can come up with the money. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Have we seen a coach who thrived in the bags era transition well to NIL yet? Also if I recall correctly UM had big get the band back together vibes when his potential coaching staff was discussed here. Maybe he could do it but I’d love to see ags go even dumber to buyout Jimbo and pay another coach stupid money who may be equally as unprepared to navigate the NIL era as Jimbo has been 

adding that UM’s NFL debacle might indicate that he’s not the best at changing his approach 

Edited by TheRRKid
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TheRRKid said:

If they are smart --- quit laughing ----- they'll hire Traylor.  It would be a big blow to their egos to not hire Bear Lombardi or whoever the current flavor of the month is, but Traylor is low risk/high reward.  G.J. Kinne, too. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Haha 4