Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Just need goose stepping fake army youths to complete the rally. Oh wait. 

I meant more that the last time it was "Don't care, got Jimbo" and now it's "Don't care, got Elko." In four or five years it will be "Don't care, got (insert name here)."

48 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It sounds like Liucci is saying that Elko wants to bring Santucci so he can delegate much more to defensive coaches while he is more focused on the head coaching duties. This is in line with what the Duke reporters were saying midseason (about shifting his focus). 

Elko may call plays but I think that's a pretty big assumption right now. @NoName

Yeah, Elko isn’t bringing Santucci with him to recruit. He’ll call plays.

ERob will get a nice shiny DC title, and $2 million a year. 

Bud Elliott made a fair point on the Cover 3 podcast over the weekend. To paraphrase: The last 2 hires at A&M  had personal issues. Elko appears to have his stuff together. Because of this, Elko has a better chance of success. 

The aggy reaction has quite strange. They think Elko is the second coming of Slocum. Uh, is that good?!

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Taking The Sickos Committee word for it that the incentives are non-cumulative* ATM's incentives total

$8M making the playoffs

$8.5M making it to the quarter finals or winning the SECSEC

$9M CFP semis

$9.5M getting to the CFP championship game

$10.5M winning the CFP championship game

PER YEAR

Add them all up and it spells DESPERATE

*they actually are cumulative at least in-part because he gets one additional year of his base salary for making the playoffs or better.

Edited by Chopper

30 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Bud Elliott made a fair point on the Cover 3 podcast over the weekend. To paraphrase: The last 2 hires at A&M  had personal issues. Elko appears to have his stuff together. Because of this, Elko has a better chance of success. 

The aggy reaction has quite strange. They think Elko is the second coming of Slocum. Uh, is that good?!

I don't have any personal issues. I would have worked for a fraction of the price with the provision that I don't ever have to dance around doing their weird songs and cheers.

6 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

Let’s see.   Beloved DC goes to lesser school as HC.  Has decent success at lesser school.  Returns to lead team back to glorious victory.   His record?   31-26.   Including 3 losing seasons in 5 years.  His name?   David McWilliams.  

I had this same thought. 

The McWilliams hire is much more similar to Elko than this Mack comparison simply because Mack coached in a completely different landscape in the ACC 25 years ago. 

Limited experience as a HC (Texas Tech), viewed as some type of savant because Texas Tech was such an ass program, and he previously coached at Texas so that was a big pull (I.e. culture/familiarity/etc). This is the McWilliams hire to a T. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It sounds like Liucci is saying that Elko wants to bring Santucci so he can delegate much more to defensive coaches while he is more focused on the head coaching duties. This is in line with what the Duke reporters were saying midseason (about shifting his focus). 

Elko may call plays but I think that's a pretty big assumption right now. @NoName

If those morons brought Elko on board to let some wildass combo of Santucci and Robinson make the play calls, both of whom have never called plays, they really are as dumb as everyone thinks they are.

Edit: maybe thats what they are doing that after all? Wut?

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

This is maybe the most hilarious bullshit I have ever seen. Bjork is trolling them at this point. 

Step one, defensive-minded head coach. 

All that’s left is elite recruiting and player development, an offense with a great QB that scores a bunch of points, and a really good culture. We’re on our way, how hard can it be! 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't have any personal issues. I would have worked for a fraction of the price with the provision that I don't ever have to dance around doing their weird songs and cheers.

Bud Elliott counterpoint, he never mentioned Jimbo’s “personal issues” in his farewell column at Tomahawk Nation. Just a lot of aggy has more money, the Florida State program has gone stale, Jimbo is getting a 2nd chance in the SEC. 

https://www.tomahawknation.com/platform/amp/2017/12/1/16702442/jimbo-fisher-texas-am-florida-state-fsu-coach-saturday

I can understand not bringing Jimbo’s ex-wife/family issues into it, but not saying he’s a stubborn prick, good riddance in 2017 and the. dropping the I told you so in 2023 is some self serving 9.95 bullshit. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Bud Elliott counterpoint, he never mentioned Jimbo’s “personal issues” in his farewell column at Tomahawk Nation. Just a lot of aggy has more money, the Florida State program has gone stale, Jimbo is getting a 2nd chance in the SEC. 

https://www.tomahawknation.com/platform/amp/2017/12/1/16702442/jimbo-fisher-texas-am-florida-state-fsu-coach-saturday

I can understand not bringing Jimbo’s ex-wife/family issues into it, but not saying he’s a stubborn prick, good riddance in 2017 and the. dropping the I told you so in 2023 is some self serving 9.95 bullshit. 

The era elite of college HFCs that seem like they are enjoying their lives and mentally stable went out with Steve Spurrier, Bobby Bowden, and dare I say it, mid-2000s Mack.  It’s just one form of mental issue for another—- Saban, Urban, Jimbo at FSU, — these guys are sociopaths or stress puppets. Even Dabo is faking that home-fried bullshit, he’s messed up. I do think there’s something to the older generation like Saban and their spouses swallowing the bullshit. I have no idea why they don’t take the buyout and go play golf except they’re stress puppets that aren’t happy unless they’re unhappy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Anyone that looks like Elko does at 46 assuredly has personal issues. 

47 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Anyone that looks like Elko does at 46 assuredly has personal issues. 

I was thinking about it: there really hasn’t been an obese coach who’s dominated CFB in a while. Who was really the last?

Saban, Carroll, Meyer, Dabo, Mack wasn’t nearly as heavy back in 06. I guess Kirby is chubby.

Edited by Xminus6

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Kansas State and Wisconsin are looking like the most common potential bowl opponent for aggy. 

They are so damn lucky with these bowl games. K-State without Howard at QB? 

The SEC is very good at what they do. If they field 55 scholarship players, aggy will beat Wisky.

The K State freshman QB could give them some trouble. 

32 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Is he? 

He's thrown the ball 35 times. I think it's pretty questionable if he can throw the ball. 

Who gives a shit if they win a nobody bowl though. The whole point is that they're playing a K State team that already had its starting QB and a contributing RB dip or an awful Wisky team playing air raid without any air raid parts and an injured QB. Nobody is looking at that and saying "FUCK I should have waited to sign in February instead after seeing that eye opening performance."

The only interesting part of the Aggy bowl game will be who isn't there.

• Hook 'Em 1