Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

11 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Gotta assume it's becuz both UT & Bama have backed off Solomon Williams. Right now it seems that both are prioritizing portal EDGEs.

Nahlin (IT) posted this morning that Texas would take both Moore (the edge from UTSA) and the Tennessee edge Baron. Sounds like they put Williams on ‘wait-and-see’. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Texas has their HS EDGE class already. Adding two through the portal helps more than adding another HS recruit.

You never have enough pass rushers, especially if they're national top 250 players.

Portal guys are a nice sugar high but leave holes in your roster down the road if you are turning down difference making high school players.

30 minutes ago, Vermin said:

You never have enough pass rushers, especially if they're national top 250 players.

Portal guys are a nice sugar high but leave holes in your roster down the road if you are turning down difference making high school players.

Solomon Williams is not a difference maker. There is zero chance Texas is passing on one of those portal Edges for Williams. 

Just because you’re ranked in the top 250 doesn’t mean they’re takes. Texas passes on recruits in the top 250 all the time. 

• Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

The recruiting is pretty bad. I remember when Charlie just got hired and he was trying to get this tall white dude to commit or stick to us and he chose Minnesota. Forgot his name. Same vibes from melko

Went to Michigan and became a te 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

The recruiting is pretty bad. I remember when Charlie just got hired and he was trying to get this tall white dude to commit or stick to us and he chose Minnesota. Forgot his name. Same vibes from melko

Elko hasn't landed a single high school commitment, has 6 de-commits on his watch (soon to be 7 with T Smith), and his top 3 players are waiting until February to sign and decently likely to sign elsewhere.

He only has 14 (soon to be 13) commits total...just not enough warm bodies with the amount of attrition this program has had the past 2 years. Does he not realize you have to move on and sign 3*s at some point?

He did pillage Old Dominion and Youngstown State in the portal, though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, utexas8 said:

I wish I could find the picture of Charlie and Shawn Watson (both exhausted) after spending an entire day convincing Kai Locksley to come to Texas. Pretty much sums up his tenure.

• Haha 1

This is amazing. I have always wondered if I would live long enough to see aggy fall completely off their roller coaster haha. They have been a perennial 8-4 program most of my life but if they continue on this path there’s a good chance they become a 6-6 program which is fucking hilarious. If sark beats them like a drum next year they may just quit football all together hahaha. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

This is amazing. I have always wondered if I would live long enough to see aggy fall completely off their roller coaster haha. They have been a perennial 8-4 program most of my life but if they continue on this path there’s a good chance they become a 6-6 program which is fucking hilarious. If sark beats them like a drum next year they may just quit football all together hahaha. 

They had losing records 4 times from 2003-2009. This is their natural state of being.

The SEC recruiting pitch elevated them temporarily to 8-4, but now that us and OU took that away from them, it's mean regression time.

• Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1